Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? (45457 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Asari-dokubo Beats Drum Of War, Gives FG Ultimatum / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Apc Is Beating The Drum Of Crises (my Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by roufy235(m): 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
war is not the way out
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by 9jauk: 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ok

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Lanceslot(m): 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
oduastates: The people beating the drums of war are the
North,South east and south south.
Ask yourself,
Why does odua states have to fight a war when we can simply close our borders and build fences to keep the barbarians out.
lwkmd! The funniest comment ever. Coward.

4 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by pelente: 8:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
Germany During World War 2

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by judedwriter(m): 8:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
C all dis ignoramus thread- war has already started! Nigeria has neva had it so bad-that able bodied men now carry bombs to kill themselves and others. What a pity undecided

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Odika1: 8:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
jamace: Peace and war have been in existence from time imo river. Our ancestors fought to safeguard their kingdoms. History is rife with such stories. Therefore, whether we like it or not, nations will continue to experience both internal and external wars from time to time. The life of every nation is just like a man traversing landscapes, it will meet hills and valleys along the way. Hate it or like it, war comes after peace and vice versa. As it was in the beginning so shall it be world without end.

So if Nigeria becomes embroiled in war, it is nothing new, it is only fulfiling lives journey.
U'll live long.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by JustCare: 8:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Listen to yourself! How can you force someone to love someone else; especially when he's of the firm belief that the other person hates him back.....and he has the scars to prove it!?

In any case, this 'hatred' you allude to is a consequence or symptom of a dysfunctional society; a society where the rights and freedoms of a people (as enumerated in my previous post) are denied them! The 'hatred' is not a causal factor but a symptom of a much deeper problem!
nooo...it's more of ignorance and lack of exposure. Peaceful coexistence must be enshrined in their heart through exposure, self discovery and massive enlightenment with time!
this and only this alone is needed
#time shall tell
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by emymeeky: 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
texanomaly:

I think the mother may be dead. Not the child. Either way it is not an easy pic to look upon. I hope everyone will take a long hard look though.

Civil war is not something that will be watched on TV from the comfort of your sofa. It will be fought in the streets of your neighborhoods and in your homes. Friends, neighbors and loved ones will be killed before your eyes and the eyes of your children. Noise from gunfire and explosions will shake the walls of your houses and destroy your cities.

All will live in fear for their lives and the lives of their loved ones. Fear and uncertainty will be the waking thought and reality of civilians on both sides.

This will not be a war fought by faceless soldiers. It will be fought by your brother, your sister, your mother and your father. It will come crashing through your homes and the homes of those you love. No one will be safe.

Sweetheart .. You forgot to mention about the extruciating hunger that will envelop the whole city and make the once beautiful Children inflicted with kwashiorkor
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Dmentor(f): 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
Little minds that think war will bring the nation's challenges to an end. War is an ill wind that blows no one no good. Peace, we need. Peace, we must all work for.

3 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ijechikky(f): 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
BUSHHUNTER:

Cos ma post refer to cartoon makes me a kid huh? U don't even know me b4 u start running ur silly mouth idiat.

GROW UP KID.
oh...I shud know u b4 I quote ur un-serious post?
A total ignoramus,dats wat u re...
Kip xhibitin d baby in u..
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by juman(m): 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
That country suppose to be divided.

A country of 54 years but in serious mess.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by pelente: 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
Germany After World war 2
If the fear of war make you live like a slave till eternity so be it.

7 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by KnightOfLaif: 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
Dmentor: Little minds that think war will bring the nation's challenges to an end. War is an ill wind that blows no one no good. Peace, we need. Peace, we must all work for.

no peace without war.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
ChristLight: It may not happen to you or i! But it might happen to our friends, relation or loved ones..... Think about your career that will be on hold, your children runnin here and there just to be safe, think about your wife/husband, think about your colleagues, think about your parents...
You Hausa man/woman, think of what will become of your Igbo and Yoruba friends, neigbhours, customers, and maybe Inlaws!!!
Then ask yourselves again; IS THIS WHAT YOU REALLY WANT?
Even if we must split; it should be done peacefully
Pls if any of you have any picture of war victims pls add up....
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by eluquenson(m): 9:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
Biafran war victims looked so weird
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by jamace(m): 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
deltateam:

Check well.This mofo has nothing to lose if war erupts.No property, no loved ones to cater for.As in NOTHING.Dangote won't say this
Just as death is inevitable so is war inevitable. No matter how one fears death that will not make death to cease and no matter how one dreads war, war will happen when its time comes. Just as death does not spare the rich or poor so also war does not respect the wealthy and those in poverty. War has a season in the lives of nations and when the season comes nothing can stop it. I am not saying that war is good. I'm only saying that war is inevitable.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
deltateam:

Check well.This mofo has nothing to lose if war erupts.No property, no loved ones to cater for.As in NOTHING.Dangote won't say this
Look son I have a lot to lose but and I'm doing so for the same of my generations unborn.Mind you this is a faceless forum and you might be interacting with Chris Ngige without knowing angry
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by BUSHHUNTER: 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
ijechikky: oh...I shud know u b4 I quote ur un-serious post?
A total ignoramus,dats wat u re...
Kip xhibitin d baby in u..

What more do I xpect 4rm a ugly black face.

Don't quote me again dunce
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Aida13: 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
Hmm, I say no to war ooo! After watching series like Strike Back, definitely don't want Nigeria to turn into a war zone. Rebuilding will be near impossible at the end of the day. We don't even have the infrastructure to begin with. A war will cripple this nation permanently.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
pelente: Germany After World war 2
Don't mind the Cowards angry angry
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by orobs93(m): 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
I tink Nigeria deserve revolution not war..we nEed to return to factory setting.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by KnightOfLaif: 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
orobs93: I tink Nigeria deserve revolution not war..we nEed to return to factory setting.

correct but na still war.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by semitunde: 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
KnightOfLaif: But seriously... make we no deceive ourselves cos revolution go still happen for this country.it might result into war and it might not.

Revolution I agree. I also feel its what we need in this country. A class revolution. Let it start and see how lots of people ruling and feeding off our resent situation start suing earnestly for Peace.

Watch how a fraction of the amount of the finance needed to complete an electric power revival, becomes suddenly enough.

Watch how, people you looked up to as patriots, as the epitome of bravery, all slink out in the night, headed for Europe and southafrica.

Unfortunately, some of my generation is confused, some think they are elites or have become part of them. We think we are middle class cos we can buy second hand cars, it makes us hope we can someday steal and become rich too, and pay for our own light and security.

Have you seen a rat, running in a cycle wheel, it runs furiously and works really hard, yet ends up in the same spot. That is rat race. Its what we are experiencing.

5 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Rapmoney(m): 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
oduastates: The people beating the drums of war are the
North,South east and south south.
Ask yourself,
Why does odua states have to fight a war when we can simply close our borders and build fences to keep the barbarians out.

You are nothing but a compound fool! It is people like you that fan the embers of war...in real life, you would run when you hear the sound of gun. Come to the Niger Delta, beast!

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by famous143(m): 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
Say No to war!! , let's embrace peace, for a better naija

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Odika1: 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
tsolz84: grin NL is filled with clowns sha..reading their comments and cant stop laughing.. cheesy most of the peeps here on NL thinks war is fought with words..all they do is sit down in the comfort of their homes and spew trash..war ke?we all know the region that is gonna suffer the most and they are the ones beating the drums of war..funny Igbos depending on delta and other SS states
And these Igbos has been feeding u since 19Godknowswhen.Tribalistic ewu congo.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Can you refer me to where Ndigbo have threatened war on others! Don't confuse the determination to protect oneself and his rights with the beating of war drums!

U are even d one beating the war drums louder and louder with ur tribalistic statement.... Ah ah oga, tha person spoke generally now and nt on one side, dnt u tink u r taking it too personal and igbolicious, dearest IGBOSON?

3 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by abrajways: 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
I don't wanna tell my children what my father told me about the civil war.. the fact is Igbo shouldn't agitate for war cos they're not close to home... I swear down 3millions Igbo can't make it out a Lagos alive... I don't want to loose chidinma my Angel.. .

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Bobbyjay001(m): 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
RI[/quote]
Watching Aljazeera now. My heart bleeds seeing palestines (Gaza) been killed and maimed by Isreali soldiers.
I cant imagine Nigeria in this siege.
What really caused all these? ...a question begging for an answer.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ISP1KSDATROOF: 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
pelente: Germany After World war 2

Name one African country that transformed into Germany after fighting a war...

Im waiting...

If you think the White man will help you out with a Marshall plan after you bombed, shot and hacked yourselves to pieces just because of tribal and religious intolerance you'll find yourselves seeking visas to Liberia, Sierra Leone and Rwanda soonest.

5 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by JACKOFALTRADE: 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
Can't stand the thought of my children being a Nigerian. . .
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by spikesC(m): 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
What is peace:
Peace is an occurrence of harmony characterized by lack of violence, conflict behaviors and the freedom from fear of violence. Commonly understood as the absence of hostility and retribution, peace also suggests sincere attempts at reconciliation, the existence of healthy or newly healed interpersonal or international relationships, prosperity in matters of social or economic welfare, the establishment of equality, and a working political order that serves the true interests of all.

wikipedia

Do we have peace:
Depends, i say no. If you say yes, then that peace is what i do not want.
We do not want that peace, we want equal right and justice.

How do we seek for peace then:
We go into dialog and general acceptance. Accord each other equal rights and justice.

If that doesn't work:
We go our separate ways.

But we don't want you to go, we want you to share the same peace we have to offer:
No, we want freedom

How do you get freedom:
We fight for it.

But freedom is not free, it comes with the highest of cost, the cost of blood:
It is better to die fighting for freedom than to live life in chains

Let him who have ear, hear. The war is already here.
If you can watch your people die every blessed day for the sake of THIS peace, I, cannot.

What is happening in Rwanda, Sudan etc. are already happening here.
So stop looking afar, it is at your door steps.
It is tribal wars, and it is never declared till the oppressed retaliate.

Long live Biafra
Long live Odua states
Long live Arewaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Jamil Abubakar Fries Akara In Public (Photo) / President Jonathan’s Daughter Celebrates Wedding Anniversary / Chibok Girls: "President Buhari Was Angry And Cold" - Enough Is Enough Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.