Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,998 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? (45430 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Asari-dokubo Beats Drum Of War, Gives FG Ultimatum / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Apc Is Beating The Drum Of Crises (my Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
texanomaly:

I think the mother may be dead. Not the child. Either way it is not an easy pic to look upon. I hope everyone will take a long hard look though.

Civil war is not something that will be watched on TV from the comfort of your sofa. It will be fought in the streets of your neighborhoods and in your homes. Friends, neighbors and loved ones will be killed before your eyes and the eyes of your children. Noise from gunfire and explosions will shake the walls of your houses and destroy your cities.

All will live in fear for their lives and the lives of their loved ones. Fear and uncertainty will be the waking thought and reality of civilians on both sides.

This will not be a war fought by faceless soldiers. It will be fought by your brother, your sister, your mother and your father. It will come crashing through your homes and the homes of those you love. No one will be safe.

In other words it is just another gruesome anomaly.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by spikesC(m): 10:37pm On Jul 26, 2014
masqot: War is not something we should wish for. Who suffers at the end of the day? The common man who has nowhere to run to. Remember, all economic and commercial activities come to a halt. When you have money, there would be nowhere to buy. If there is, at a very high rate. Let's think twice before we call for war. Young ones on this thread should be very careful because; Everybody witnesses the beginning of war, only few live to see the end. I've witnessed two tribal wars in my life and it's not easy. We had house, we couldn't sleep. Food, you wouldn't be able to eat. You won't be able to go, if you have food in your farm (I mean the way to a money-venture is a no-go area). You and your siblings split, if you are privilege to find your way out, not knowing whether you'll meet again.
Mhen! pray for this country o. Pray for our leaders to do the right thing. Leadership is our problem in this country. I mean right from the home front. A father that's bias and cannot assert his authority in dealing with his children and wives will come home everyday to settle one problem or the other.
We must realize who our enemies are and face them. Lest we forget, Nigeria is a Federation. There would be agitations because we all have different 'background'. Negotiation and reconciliation is a continuous process.
God bless Nigeria.

Is this not happening now?
Or is it because you're not experiencing it?

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Firefire(m): 10:37pm On Jul 26, 2014
Almost half of the population of the world lives in rural regions and mostly in a state of poverty. Such inequalities in human development have been one of the primary reasons for unrest and, in some parts of the world, even violence.

― A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

“I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Ibere ogun lan ri ko si eni ton ri opin ree. {You only see the begining of WAR, you never can tell the end...}

Say NO to WAR!

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by godsI(m): 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2014
Leibnitz: If war can end all these injustice in the polity let be it... angry angry
If you had an iota of thinking faculty, you would have realised that wars never stops injustice, rather, it upgrades it. Lummox! Check it out.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
Before una keep on negotiating for war, abeg where is my one and only mzmariah? Missed her like death.

And for you all glamouring for war, goodluck! Seems some people are so naive to the aftermath effect of war.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Xano(m): 10:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
ChristLight: It may not happen to you or i! But it might happen to our friends, relation or loved ones..... Think about your career that will be on hold, your children runnin here and there just to be safe, think about your wife/husband, think about your colleagues, think about your parents...
You Hausa man/woman, think of what will become of your Igbo and Yoruba friends, neigbhours, customers, and maybe Inlaws!!!
Then ask yourselves again; IS THIS WHAT YOU REALLY WANT?
Even if we must split; it should be done peacefully
Pls if any of you have any picture of war victims pls add up....
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

war is not a game played on playstation, xbox, nintendo,etc. Some have never been in one,but with their fingers, anonymous profile, they think its a video game. If any of you have(and listened to) relatives who fought during the war, relatives who ran for their lives, you will know peace is priceless. When you see and witness angry,vengeful men with machetes,guns after you. You will know. When your daily source of food are grass, cruel roast of bush meat, bats, pigeons,etc.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by rikamann: 10:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
WHY WAR WHEN WE CAN LEARN FROM THE MISTAKES OF OTHER NATIONS TO BUILD A BETTER AND STRONGER NIGERIA. I KNOW WE CAN......WE CAN......AND WE CAN!!!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by lastmessenger: 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
masqot: War is not something we should wish for. Who suffers at the end of the day? The common man who has nowhere to run to. Remember, all economic and commercial activities come to a halt. When you have money, there would be nowhere to buy. If there is, at a very high rate. Let's think twice before we call for war. Young ones on this thread should be very careful because; Everybody witnesses the beginning of war, only few live to see the end. I've witnessed two tribal wars in my life and it's not easy. We had house, we couldn't sleep. Food, you wouldn't be able to eat. You won't be able to go, if you have food in your farm (I mean the way to a money-venture is a no-go area). You and your siblings split, if you are privilege to find your way out, not knowing whether you'll meet again.
Mhen! pray for this country o. Pray for our leaders to do the right thing. Leadership is our problem in this country. I mean right from the home front. A father that's bias and cannot assert his authority in dealing with his children and wives will come home everyday to settle one problem or the other.
We must realize who our enemies are and face them. Lest we forget, Nigeria is a Federation. There would be agitations because we all have different 'background'. Negotiation and reconciliation is a continuous process.
God bless Nigeria.
Please can you send me the videos of the wars you saw.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
RedBenson: Before una keep on negotiating for war, abeg where is my one and only mzmariah? Missed her like death.

And for you all glamouring for war, goodluck! Seems some people are so naive to the aftermath effect of war.
Which war? shocked shocked
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
Lanceslot: Woman! To the kitchen, men are discussing. You girls of nowadays self.*big grin*
ANIMAL!BACK TO UR CAVE.HUMAN BEINGS ARE DISCUSSING,ANIMAL TOO IS TALKING.U ANIMALS OF NOWADAYS!!!!!
oduastates: The people beating the drums of war are the
North,South east and south south.
Ask yourself,
Why does odua states have to fight a war when we can simply close our borders and build fences to keep the barbarians out.

Ostrich! There is no how U'll ever be a spectator in this. Continue living in delusion... U don't seem to get a grasp of what we're saying here. From the look of things right now, it seems we're headed for a free-for-all showdown. No alliances, no conspiracies... All nations to their own devices!

When the tanks come, Ur Ostrich policy would fail U woefully and Ur precious fences would give way... Its inevitable.... And the way I see it, U might have to contend with two different invading forces with different ideologies. One is expected from up north advancing from Illorin. The more ruthless of the duo would be forces advancing from the Land of the Rising Sun.

Lagos would be fight to finish... Armaggedon! Cos we're not going to allow the Jihadists dip their much anticipated Quran inside the Atlantic Ocean
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by oluwafestus(m): 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Yes, war is bad and disastrous; OP, war is also a means of resolving issues that have defied peaceful means of settlement. If every peaceful move in resolving our current challenges has proven abortive, I'm afraid, I won't object war. If I live, I live; if I die, I die.
. Insult nt intended but I just wish u stop dis ranting and asked older pple that witness the civil war how the experience was. Pray u don't see war.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Wolison(m): 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
berem: I have nothing to do with a devil talkless of seeing you in real life.
habaa!!!......easy naaa, u mustn't use expletive words to convey ur grievances!!, abeg it don do!!!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by texanomaly(f): 10:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
kendrick93: its clear dis country cnt be united so sumtin has to be done abt it.. if it is war,den so be it

Sometimes an uninvolved third party negotiator can help navigate discussion in a more productive direction. Is that a possibility? A round table discussion in neutral territory, with neutral negotiators guiding the discussion.

I'm just throwing out ideas. Wouldn't the time in this thread be better spent by trying to come up with a solution that doesn't involve mass genocide.

You can't think of a single idea that does not involve war? Going to war does not make you a hero. Doing everything in your power to prevent war, before you have no choice, makes you a hero.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by cliffm43: 10:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
IF THE IGBO'S ARE UNITED AND NOT SABOTAGING ONE ANOTHER,BIAFRA SHOULD HAVE STAYED LONG AGO..NIGERIA IS NOT ONE,IGBO PEOPLE HAVE BEEN INSULTED SO MUCH IN EVERY PART OF NIGERIA,,,,WAR OR NO WAR PHYSICALLY,BUT NIGERIA IS AT WAR SINCE 1960,THAT WHY HAUSA CLAIMS THAT THEY ARE BORN TO RULE IN NIGERIA,..YORUBA'S ARE LIKE SNAKE,YOU CAN'T TRUST THEM,BECAUSE THEY ARE READY TO BETRAY YOU......ANYWAY,I BLAME IGBOS FOR LACK OF UNITY..THE ONLY ONE NIGERIA IS IGBO'S......HOW MANY HAUSA MAN BUILD HOUSE IN IGBO-LAND?HOW MANY YORUBA MAN BUILD HOUSE IN IGBO-LAND?ASK YOURSELF..THERE WILL BE NO PEACE IN NIGERIA TILL EVERYONE GO..BOKO HARAM IS KILLING EVERYONE EVERYDAY....WE ARE AT WAR ALREADY

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Eyepencil: 10:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
IF war will reduce high rate of tiger clawed face in yolobar land SO BE IT....

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by GodMode: 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
ofenmanucom:

Ostrich! There is no how U'll ever be a spectator in this. Continue living in delusion... U don't seem to get a grasp of what we're saying here. From the look of things right now, it seems we're headed for a free-for-all showdown. No alliances, no conspiracies... All nations to their own devices!

When the tanks come, Ur Ostrich policy would fail U woefully and Ur precious fences would give way... Its inevitable.... And the way I see it, U might have to contend with two different invading forces with different ideologies. One is expected from up north advancing from Illorin. The more ruthless of the duo would be forces advancing from the Land of the Rising Sun.

Lagos would be fight to finish... Armaggedon! Cos we're not going to allow the Jihadists dip their much anticipated Quran inside the Atlantic Ocean

Keep commenting rubbish...

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
godsI: If you had an iota of thinking faculty, you would have realised that wars never stops injustice, rather, it upgrades it. Lummox! Check it out.
I still stand by my word angry
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by henriche(m): 10:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
[b
]VIOLENCE is never n will never b a solution to any problem.[/b]
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by jpmorgan003: 10:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
godsI: If you had an iota of thinking faculty, you would have realised that war never stops injustice, rather, it upgrades it. Lummox! Check it out.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by eaglechild: 10:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
ISP1KSDATROOF:

Name one African country that transformed into Germany after fighting a war...

Im waiting...

If you think the White man will help you out with a Marshall plan after you bombed, shot and hacked yourselves to pieces just because of tribal and religious intolerance you'll find yourselves seeking visas to Liberia, Sierra Leone and Rwanda soonest.
Is there any African country presently like Germany?

How then will you transform to Germany after a war.

Right before your nose are a people that rose from the ashes of war, yet you go making ridiculous analogies.

Onitsha was razed to the ground, Enugu was burnt down, towns were annihilated.

Millions of people died.

The rest were financially incapacitated yet they have arisen and continued there sojourn , they have even forgiven, they have rebuilt and forged on and even surpassed those who never felt the pangs of war.

Those who really felt the war will NEVER clamour for it.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by nagoma(m): 10:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
frankben: I'm fûcking ready to go to war!!

I fought the civil war from 1967-1970... I killed many and i'm willing to kill again grin grin grin

May be its your time to go.

In any case you must be at least 70 years old now and you have learnt nothing.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Eyepencil: 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
When is war starting? Just curious
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by luluosas(m): 10:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
With the things he saw during the Nigerian civil war, my grandfather told me:
"My son, if there's anything you want to see, pray that you will never see war because war is not beautiful."
You people calling for war now, please have a rethink because actually, okuo emose (war is not beautiful). Thank you.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
nagoma:

May be its your time to go.

In any case you must be at least 70 years old now and you have learnt nothing.
so if i were to be your grandpa which i'm sure capable of, you'd talk to me in this manner huh?
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 10:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
godsI: If you had an iota of thinking faculty, you would have realised that wars never stops injustice, rather, it upgrades it. Lummox! Check it out.
The era of diplomacy is over angry
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
Leibnitz: If war can end all these injustice in the polity let be it... angry angry
no human government can end injustice, I am praying for Gods kingdom to come
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by oluwafestus(m): 10:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
spikesC:

Is this not happening now?
Or is it because you're not experiencing it?
. Pls no vex o, what is ur definition of WAR?
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
MzMariah: Which war? shocked shocked

Dear, the thread is about people glamouring for war in Nigeria thinking the solutions are based there.

How are u jare. I am sorry we've been away for long. I was not available. How did everything go?

Can we talk briefly on the other side we doze off?
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Bigsteveg(m): 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
texanomaly:

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. ~Abraham Lincoln.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Bigsteveg(m): 10:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
texanomaly:

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. ~Abraham Lincoln.

See as u finish im life for outside grin

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
RedBenson:

Dear, the thread is about people glamouring for war in Nigeria thinking the solutions are based there.

How are u jare. I am sorry we've been away for long. I was not available. How did everything go?

Can we talk briefly on the other side we doze off?
Can't access my mail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team / Omoyele Sowore Celebrates 17th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife (Photos) / The Moment Soldiers Were Ambushed By Bandits In The North West. (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.