Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? (45458 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Asari-dokubo Beats Drum Of War, Gives FG Ultimatum / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Apc Is Beating The Drum Of Crises (my Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by scanp(m): 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Yes, war is bad and disastrous; OP, war is also a means of resolving issues that have defied peaceful means of settlement. If every peaceful move in resolving our current challenges has proven abortive, I'm afraid, I won't object war. If I live, I live; if I die, I die.
u lack wisdom...... Think b4 u comment... Hw many war hv u fight
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ichidodo: 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
kabba7:
For once Nigerians must begin to say the truth !
I have lived in the north for vry many years infact worked at the sultan palace for a litle over 2 years and outside the palace for more than 10 years and stay in lagos for equally many years now
Those on the war drums by action and verbal are the igbos hiding behind being 'booked' wanting to occupy and take over everywhere but there own place is 'no go' land as you either get robbed ,killed or get your investments destroyed and i am a direct victim .
When you stay in other peoples land and feel you can dictate to them on what to or not do you are only indirectly asking them to do thier worst a very good examply is the recent apointment of the Emir of Kano when every iboman think he or she can stampede the people on who should be the king of kano.
As long as you cant allow others in your domain but want to occupy other peoples place you will continue to have problems what you now refer to as war drumbs is not war drum but war whistle.,yesterdays post by ASARI DOKUBO on his twitter page that the attempt on Gen. Buhari is just part one is very relevant here if there must be war why not lets begin early enough it wont be the first time anyway .
Instead of pointing fingers,why don't you look at yourself,your intolerant religion and ideaology.The lust to dominate and subjugate southerners is a very strong emotion in every northern muslim and so you seek power not for the betterment of your fellow countrymen but for the pleasure of enforcing the mantra "born to rule" instituted by your Oligarchs.Now,where is the justice?!.....This is should be the tipping point that will eventually plunge Nigeria over the precipice,luckily,igbos now have the advantage as they say once bitten twice shy.... We just wonder how the north will fare in a landlocked situation riddled with internal religious strife..

4 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by KnightOfLaif: 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
ISP1KSDATROOF:

Name one African country that transformed into Germany after fighting a war...

Im waiting...

If you think the White man will help you out with a Marshall plan after you bombed, shot and hacked yourselves to pieces just because of tribal and religious intolerance you'll find yourselves seeking visas to Liberia, Sierra Leone and Rwanda soonest.

broda.... wen did Germany gain independence?
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by KnightOfLaif: 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
scanp: u lack wisdom...... Think b4 u comment... Hw many war hv u fight

Y dat? he is just being blunt.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
Go home son;you are drunk..
kendrick93: d internet makes fools lyk u brave.. bet u cnt say dat to me in my face

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Isaacdom(m): 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
Hmm!!! I pray we won't experience war o! My father was narating his experience during d war and i was shivering. Situations whereby humanbeing meat was boiled for food. It was really terrible
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2014
ChristLight: We are all guilty one way or the other including people from South West.
You are getting it wrong. I know you just want to pass a msg to every tribe. That's good. But there are two particular tribes spitting war words. I don't know what their problem is. Maybe its lack of credible leaders. Any small thing, they make noise about things related to going to war.
Asari Dokubo keeps warning the north about war if the south-south is touched while the north keeps giving Nigeria problems. The north created poverty for themselves, they always give Nigeria headaches with religious/ethnic riots. Now, it's terrorism. Whether terrorism was planted in the north to destabilise them is another debate. But their region is always having problem. Like say them curse them!
It's only the west & the south east that behaves in a peaceful way.

Last Bullet
Op, tell your story to the north & Asari Dokubo
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
For GLORIES sake, For VENGANCE SAKE, FOR EQUALITY SAKE.....WAR WAR WAR WAR..WAR.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
Did you just type that? cheesy feeding me with what?lies?or are you tryna say SS is now a Igbo region? cheesy dumb akpamu ewu nkita
Odika1: And these Igbos has been feeding u since 19Godknowswhen.Tribalistic ewu congo.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 9:20pm On Jul 26, 2014
ChristLight: Inter tribal hatred.... And that my friend is the first step to civil war.
Then who introduced tribalism into our political space
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Rapmoney(m): 9:20pm On Jul 26, 2014
kabba7: For once Nigerians must begin to say the truth !
I have lived in the north for vry many years infact worked at the sultan palace for a litle over 2 years and outside the palace for more than 10 years and stay in lagos for equally many years now
Those on the war drums by action and verbal are the igbos hiding behind being 'booked' wanting to occupy and take over everywhere but there own place is 'no go' land as you either get robbed ,killed or get your investments destroyed and i am a direct victim .
When you stay in other peoples land and feel you can dictate to them on what to or not do you are only indirectly asking them to do thier worst a very good examply is the recent apointment of the Emir of Kano when every iboman think he or she can stampede the people on who should be the king of kano.
As long as you cant allow others in your domain but want to occupy other peoples place you will continue to have problems what you now refer to as war drumbs is not war drum but war whistle.,yesterdays post by ASARI DOKUBO on his twitter page that the attempt on Gen. Buhari is just part one is very relevant here if there must be war why not lets begin early enough it wont be the first time anyway .
YOU DONT BEAT WAR DRUMS WITH DRUMS BUT BY YOUR MOUTH AND ACTIONS TALK TO YOUR BROTHER , GROUND NO LEVEL AGAIN OH !!!

You are just as senseless as your post!

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by rattlesnake(m): 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2014
u think evil people think?
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by duni04(m): 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2014
At the end of the day we're all different from each other in one way or the other. Fighting for tribal, national or racial superiority is just absurd and ridiculous and the effects of conflicts that arise from such are not worth the initial animosity.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by goldfish80(m): 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
The internet seems to attract the worst type of people and bring out the worst traits in otherwise good people especially from the oil drinking tribe. When the time comes we will know which group will blink first.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:25pm On Jul 26, 2014
scanp: u lack wisdom...... Think b4 u comment... Hw many war hv u fight
You lack manner, when you ask a question wait to get an answer before you jump into conclusion.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by mytym1: 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
WAR? no no no not in Nigeria again
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Lanceslot(m): 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
ISP1KSDATROOF:

Actually, your people, the Ibos (and to a lesser, but just as crazier extent, the Northerners) are the ones that've been beating the war drums in your country since 1970. They have been itching for a round 2, just since after the Nigeria/Biafra war was over. They might not have done the "requests" in physical terms like the North is want to do through butchers, murders and maimings, but theyve been very vocal in their desire to "destroy" Nigeria if they cannot get Biafra. This is not a hidden fact, and to deny this as truth is to proclaim yourself a non-credible person.
And what's wrong with a group of people trying to liberate their selves, Biafra want to go, allow them to go in peace its as simple as that, nobody is calling for war and nobody is afraid of war.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by BABANlaraba(m): 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
Liberia
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Dbrave1(m): 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
hmmm
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by 50calibre(m): 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
I've always been an advocate of one Nigeria but events of the last few years has changed my mind, Nigeria is heading nowhere.

The earlier Biafra pulls away from the cancer called Nigeria, the better.

However, independence is easier said than done. Such things require vision and adequate planning. First of all, we the Igbos need to eschew ourselves of the very vices that has so corrupted Nigeria as a country, else Biafra becomes the same product.

Most right thinking people feel disillusioned with the country and it's prospects, Nigeria is never going to work due to the lack of a collective vision or understanding. Nigeria's diversity is its failure, so many people who shouldn't even be together. You don't put humans and animals together and expect something good. The northerners are a different breed, an inferior savage breed, they shouldn't be close to civilisation.

It's time for like minded people to come together and forge their own future away from hinderances

Biafra will come to fruition, the question is; how many lives will it cost. If care isn't taken, there will be another civil war and this time it won't be one sided

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by jamace(m): 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
JustCalMeDBoss: For GLORIES sake, For VENGANCE SAKE, FOR EQUALITY SAKE.....WAR WAR WAR WAR..WAR.
grin grin You don't need to call on war to happen. When its season comes, you will see it. And no one will be able to stop it until its season elapses.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by severee(m): 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
Leibnitz: If war can end all these injustice in the polity let be it... angry angry

grin yinmu! If una hear BOOM! Na under table una go hide
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
berem: Did that child die sucking his mother's bossom? Oh lord Jesus!

embarassed embarassed
I think sosad shocked... Wat a terrible way to die;(
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Hollamie007: 9:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
END TIME IS FINALLY HERE

END TIME IS FINALLY HERE

END TIME IS FINALLY HERE

ARE U BORN AGAIN
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 9:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
severee:

grin yinmu! If una hear BOOM! Na under table una go hide
I don' t mind if that wil correct the inbalance in the polity angry angry
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Odika1: 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
tsolz84: Did you just type that? cheesy feeding me with what?lies?or are you tryna say SS is now a Igbo region? cheesy dumb akpamu ewu nkita
what a rush:-D
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by McLuhan(m): 9:37pm On Jul 26, 2014
The war we ordered has arrived. Let's enjoy it.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by baby124: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2014
sad
It's always the little ones and elderly that suffer. Nigeria should peacefully return to regional government
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by bebe2(f): 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2014
Dear lord, pls grant the innocent ones an avenue to get out of nigeria.

The rest will get wat they deserve. sad

3 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
kabba7:
For once Nigerians must begin to say the truth !
I have lived in the north for vry many years infact worked at the sultan palace for a litle over 2 years and outside the palace for more than 10 years and stay in lagos for equally many years
So how has staying those places proved the point your about to make?
[qoute author=kabba7]
Now Those on the war drums by action and verbal are the igbos hiding behind being 'booked' wanting to occupy and take over everywhere but there own place is 'no go' land as you either get robbed ,killed or get your investments destroyed and i am a direct victim[/quote]

You just lied. Armed robbers target anybody they feel is rich,ritual killers dont select people based on tribe,Igbos ddont riot except in reprisals of attacks on their siblings up north. Notherers are violent,rioting always for senseless reasons like a cartoon in denmark. Investment wise,most if not all notherners in the east do menial jobs and have NO investment so there is nothing to destroy. Your the ones that destroys peoples investments due to envy and greed but on the long run, you end up remaining backward

kabba7:
Can you expanciate? Igbos dont dictate to you. They mind there business because they know how unreasonable and violent you can be
kabba7:

We dont only allow, we welcome people into our domain.
Its the notherners that are wardrummers. They try to drive there arguements with threat of violence like you just did. Igbos only ask for what is theirs. Asari is not an Igbo man. Hes a muslim from ijaw so you both share something in common.
Finally, your English sounds like that of a terrorist and your post sounds like that of a slaughterer. Learn to be objective for once. Never bite the fingers that feed you. A country cant survive two civil wars.

5 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Ayoola171(m): 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Yes, war is bad and disastrous; OP, war is also a means of resolving issues that have defied peaceful means of settlement. If every peaceful move in resolving our current challenges has proven abortive, I'm afraid, I won't object war. If I live, I live; if I die, I die.
He that never see fight; call himself a man.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by IGBOSON1: 9:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
KnightOfLaif: We don't have to split....All we need na hard reset.

^^^The charade that went on in the name of 'national conference' these past few weeks should be a good pointer to the fact that the 'hard reset' you talk of isn't possible!

Only a clear and imminent threat of the dissolution of this country would bring everyone to their senses! Remember how we almost got it right with the Aburi Accord? That could only happen b'cos the country was on the brink of dismemberment!

As long as the status-quo is maintained, i have little or no faith in this country!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Jamil Abubakar Fries Akara In Public (Photo) / President Jonathan’s Daughter Celebrates Wedding Anniversary / Chibok Girls: "President Buhari Was Angry And Cold" - Enough Is Enough Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.