Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society (30680 Views)

Ten (10) Ways That Helps To Uphold Dignity In The Society / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. / Signs Of An Irresponsible Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Anthrophile(m): 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
And to you all sinister women who take pleasure in jazzing and seducing well-to-do married men ignoring the welfare of their wives and children; Karma will catch up with you.

2 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
OkikiOluwa1: Dear mods of this section, I ll appreciate it if this thread is moved to the frontpage to gain more viewers & contributors who may benefit from it. It's a thread that tries to analyze how fathers neglect their wife & kids & possible solution to it.
_______
Now to the content...
They ll refuse to give their wives feeding allowance, refuse to pay for their children's school fee & up bringing.
Whatever they earn ll now be spent on their new mistress or mistresses. There's one that's so appaling. A situation where a man ll be feeding & paying the school fee of his concubine's kids which were from another man & he ll abandon his own biological children even when they didn't offend him.
This kids are now left with their mothers to survive. Some wives of these men don't even v a reliable source of income because they v always been full time house wives.
In the future, some kids that went through hardship with their mothers survive.
Their fathers may end up looking up to them for assisstance.
Do they deserve it?
________
I v seen real life scenarios where a father that didn't labour on his son wanted to eat from his success. After pleading for forgiveness, he was allowed into the family. 3 months after enjoying from his son's wealth, he died from an unknown illness.
I v also heard about similar cases when parents want to eat from where
they didn't labour & end up dying few months or years later. In Yoruba mythology, there's a thing called 'Owún'.
It's a punishment for parents that are eating from the wealth of their children which they didn't labour for.
______
Aside Yoruba myth, common sense is talking to us here that those fathers died earlier cos they are reaping where they didn't labour.
____
It's now a casual thing for father's to give birth to 5, 8, 10, 12, 15 or more children & atimes with different women. Yet they wont take good care of them.
These kind of fathers can be held responsible as agents of over populating the country with kids that they wont take good care of. Most of their children may also end up living an unaccomplished life because they had a poor up bringing.
A child that is not raised well has little chance to succeed. It is the duty of the father to give optimum support for the family.
Seriously, I think the government should start picking some irresponsible dads as scape goats.
Girls from this kind of fathers are likely to fend for themselves. Getting money from menial jobs, house help, prostitution, from boy friends etc. Some end up getting unwanted pregnancies, some get married at a tender age. Worst of it is when the owner of the pregnancy is also a young boy who was raised poorly like them. They are likely to continue the circle of poor family, poor orientation & so on.
What about the boys, they may end up as touts, area boys, the no future ambition youths & start creating problems in their community. Why?
Cos they were raised poorly.
Last Bullet
It pains me each time I see poor children. I empathize with them.
It ll be easier for families when both father & mother raise their children well, providing moral, spiritual & financial support, provision of education, food, clothing & shelter. These are the necessary things needed by a child to excel in life.
A situation whereby fathers are neglecting their duties & shifting their responsibilities to the wives alone when they are able bodied & alive is bad.
Fathers must be responsible & stop breeding bastards!
It is a very irresponsible act when a man abandon his wife & children & family & start spending on another woman & her children. But neglecting his own biological children. I also advise mothers to always try their best to be entrepreneurship. They should stop the idea of full-time housewives & take advantage of opportunities that comes their way to set-up business. This ll be like a plan B when their husbands becomes irresponsible or incapable.
I want every Nairalander (especially males) that reads this thread to take the path of becoming a responsible father.
______
Written by OkikiOluwa.
______
Mods, do the needful.

ye you right, i think Nigeria govt should provide funds for mothers who cannot take of their children in absence of their fathers, Also take 20% of the mans salary and give to the mums, then you will see Nigerians won't be giving birth anyhow. Esp the North..with their "almajiries". We should also have a foster care system where the state care for the children in the absence of their parents. So they don't become tools for gangsters or Boko. This is why am supporting the legislation that allow state to take care of the affairs, and income of their state without the interference of federal govt. Anyway not all kids turn out bad without their fathers, i was lucky my mom was educated to masters degree even she did her very best and i can boast that am a good person. Other kids might not be so lucky.. The state just have to be independent if we want this country to move forward.

3 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by hensben(m): 2:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

Bless you and bless her. I know someone like you, and I saw the struggle the mother went through. I am so happy when I look at him now, how responsible and kind he is with his mother and family. God bless her for not sowing bitterness in you. She will reap the fruits of her labor, and it shall be well with you and your future family.
sis Amen!!! And you too.

2 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by tevinsolt: 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
it is cuz the law doesn't require men to provide child support, trust me this is one solution to men that sleep around without caring how many babies they end up having.

4 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
The "baddest boy" bUlls... pop culture will help increase the number of irresponsible men. wink undecided
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by delishpot: 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
bigheart2013: So on point. The trend is worrisome dear. But everyone has a hand in the mess not just irresponsible fathers.

- irresponsible girls who dated married men and caused grief to wives but they eventually marry and expect to have happy marriages forgetting there is karma. - Chai, there's God o!

- irresponsible woman who marry men because of money and not love, then the marriage becomes a theater of war because of lack of love - Chai there's God o!

- Irresponsible girls who abandon men who labored and trained them for years and married a man from oversea just to travel out - chai, there's God o!

- Irresponsible in-laws who help scatter their children's marriage because of greed - chai, there's God o!

- Some irresponsible wives who divorce their struggling husbands abroad in order get child support and wire money to Nigeria to build houses - chai, there's God o!

- and that irresponsible he-goat, man who dates his secretary, students, neighbor's daughters and keep mistresses everywhere- chai, there's God oo!

- that irresponsible pastor who sees fake visions for single girls telling them they have 'spiritual husbands' but yet sleeps with girls in his church - chai, there's is God o. No, in fact there's ifa, orunmila, sango, shopona, ela, amadioha,

no be small thing my bros. but not all irresponsible men are rich na. most if not 80% of them are struggling men who married women that belive in struggling with her man.

true true there is God and gods o.

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by NUGAWHITE(m): 3:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
Yes! they add nothin to the society but produces vagarbon and later becom Boko-Haram members -
fellis: I support the move to take it to front page.

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Revolva(m): 3:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
Look as there is irresponsible fathers so there are irresponsible mothers ok but the papa own nai plenty for naija....see it boils down in how many children you wanna bring into this world....for naija dem just dey born anyhow...and yet livin in a one room...apartment in a slum...with no welfare..kai

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Eleganza33(f): 3:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
hensben: Bro you just described my home but fortunately, my mother was very strong to give us everything we wanted
As I type now,My worst enemy in this life is my father(ex-father), he made my mum went through hell, though, I have forgiven him but we can never be friends, he is my enemy, I don't even bear his name, not that him n my mum didn't tie knot, they did perfectly, I even saw their wedding pic.
I know people that haven't pass through this (which I don't pray you experience) will think what am typing now is nollywood, believe me, things like this do happen.
My mother is a down to earth woman and very hard working,then, I was wondering, what is now the problem of this man.
Thank lord me, my mother and siblings are doing good now.
chai if i start writing wat my own fada did it wil ful lyk abt 10 or mur dictionary, my fada waz jus lyk dat evn as am stil writing .he waz rich bt he wud rada threw d money to goats dan to spend on d kids who did nt offend im,d kids who wer sharpest of al children in d whole extended family whom his brodas evn envy him 4.my mum is jus d head of d family as she did evry single tin 4 us while he spend time buying hauxes 4 wumen.nd he is evn.... Oh gosh i cnt continue, al i cn say is GOD wil alwaz b dia 4 us,evn afta al his brutal wickednes we stil feel 4 im so let God judge ur dad as wel,he is evn lucky he marid my gentle mum if 4 say na my mama sis he mari dat 1 wud av teach im a lesson cox she is a lioness she is evn begging my mum to permit her to deal wit my dad.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
tevinsolt: it is cuz the law doesn't require men to provide child support, trust me this one solution to men that sleep around without caring how many babies they end up having.

That's the truth, the law should make provisions for women to sue such men for child support. I assure you Nigeria's population won't keep growing like this without control when people know that for every child you have you must take care of him/her.

2 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by coogar: 3:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
tatiana009:

That's the truth, the law should make provisions for women to sue such men for child support. I assure you Nigeria's population won't keep growing like this without control when people know that for every child you have you must take care of him/her.

how has making men pay child support stop unwanted babies in the developed countries? it will even increase the frequency especially in a country like nigeria where cash is king! what stops a groundnut seller to get impregnated by a well-to-do man so she can be collecting monthly stipend from him?

people value money than kids in naija.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by hensben(m): 3:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Eleganza33: chai if i start writing wat my own fada did it wil ful lyk abt 10 or mur dictionary, my fada waz jus lyk dat evn as am stil writing .he waz rich bt he wud rada threw d money to goats dan to spend on d kids who did nt offend im,d kids who wer sharpest of al children in d whole extended family whom his brodas evn envy him 4.my mum is jus d head of d family as she did evry single tin 4 us while he spend time buying hauxes 4 wumen.nd he is evn.... Oh gosh i cnt continue, al i cn say is GOD wil alwaz b dia 4 us,evn afta al his brutal wickednes we stil feel 4 im so let God judge ur dad as wel,he is evn lucky he marid my gentle mum if 4 say na my mama sis he mari dat 1 wud av teach im a lesson cox she is a lioness she is evn begging my mum to permit her to deal wit my dad.
exactly my ex- father, he is very worst, I do challenge him now n he is very afraid to speak with me whenever we see cos he knows I will ignore him.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by ayobase(m): 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
MizMyColi: Y'know, reading this post has caused me to pause and reflect for a bit.

I'm Proud of My Dad......indeed, I am my Father's Daughter.

yes, our fathers rock.
it aint easy to have a responsible and God fearing father.

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Champele(m): 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
80 percent of Nigeria fathers are wicked,irresponsible,foolish,selfish,rude,arrogant,and finally devilish.my father is typical example.unfair

2 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by bettydee(f): 3:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
Y'all talkin abt fathers that spend on women n all that. There are some fathers also that are naturally stingy n selfish,they don't spend on other women ooo bt stil find it hard to spend on their families but they can wear the best clothes,use the biggest phones,go out n eat xpensive foods, I tink dis category are the most irresponsible of all. They just find it hard to give out to their wives n children and also feel less concerned about wateva happens to them as far as he(father) is ok,dats all. They deserve to be punished by God's almighty hands.
angry

5 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by ayobase(m): 3:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
coogar:

how has making men pay child support stop unwanted babies in the developed countries? it will even increase the frequency especially in a country like nigeria where cash is king! what stops a groundnut seller to get impregnated by a well-to-do man so she can be collecting monthly stipend from him?

people value money than kids in naija.

now that everybody wanna be baby mamas.

"I just need a rich man married or not married who can give me a house, a car, and a kid while he comes to visit once in a month"

thats what some of my female friends talk o.

they plenty for abuja......those estates for abuja.........CITEC.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Anthiga(m): 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by deavicky(m): 3:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
lupey: Modified...

OP has said it all, basically... I'm a good example of the above and its quite painful that some people have to go through a half-baked childhood and some don't.

I think the most painful part of having an irresponsible father is the absence of a father-figure...someone to scold you when you're wrong and to draw u back to himself. Someone to fear, cos whether we believe it or not, fathers would always carry that aura that would compel an erring child to fear them.
My mum has done an awesome job but no day passes without my wishing everything was just fine.
I have a male friend that has an extremely irresponsible father and he fears marriage like anything. He doesn't even trust himself enough to not over pamper his children because he never got love from his own father. He's a die-hard female fan and finds it hard to connect to his maaculine side. I sometimes pity him, notwithstanding that we're in the same shoes, because a lady could take advantage of his weakness for women. These are some sad effects of irresponsibility in fathers.

As I said, the op has said it all but lets still beg men to stick to the wives of their youth. Beautiful small girl will u like to marry my brother?
Big shout out to all the runz girls and huaband snatchers out there. Remember that God is watching u o! Also, remember that what goes around comes around. The law of karma awaits you!

A huge shout out to all the mothers out there acting as both fathers and mothers. May you live long enough to reap the fruits of your labour.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by deavicky(m): 3:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
lupey: Modified...

OP has said it all, basically... I'm a good example of the above and its quite painful that some people have to go through a half-baked childhood and some don't.

I think the most painful part of having an irresponsible father is the absence of a father-figure...someone to scold you when you're wrong and to draw u back to himself. Someone to fear, cos whether we believe it or not, fathers would always carry that aura that would compel an erring child to fear them.
My mum has done an awesome job but no day passes without my wishing everything was just fine.
I have a male friend that has an extremely irresponsible father and he fears marriage like anything. He doesn't even trust himself enough to not over pamper his children because he never got love from his own father. He's a die-hard female fan and finds it hard to connect to his maaculine side. I sometimes pity him, notwithstanding that we're in the same shoes, because a lady could take advantage of his weakness for women. These are some sad effects of irresponsibility in fathers.

As I said, the op has said it all but lets still beg men to stick to the wives of their youth.
Big shout out to all the runz girls and huaband snatchers out there. Remember that God is watching u o! Also, remember that what goes around comes around. The law of karma awaits you!

A huge shout out to all the mothers out there acting as both fathers and mothers. May you live long enough to reap the fruits of your labour.
beautiful small girl will you marry my brother?
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Orikinla(m): 3:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
They breed demonic and lunatic kidnappers, terrorists and other criminals who should never have been born in the first place.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nobleval: As you said. Most fathers rarely stay at home. Imagine a situation where a fathers goes out in the morning and comes back in the night. Surely you don't expect him to monitor his son then. And remember the saying "catch them young..." when a child gets older he takes his own decision himself. Now I believe the moral and religous wellness of a child should be the work of the mother and her main priorty too. Considering the bond that exist btwn mother and child. And talking about parent{s} that support their kids in crime..that's ridiculous. I doubt that.[\b]
Look, I know your type.
You only believe what you choose to believe.
A father that's very busy is different from an irresponsible one. A busy father still make up time for his kids. Busy is not about going out from morning till night without doing something legal.
[b]Last Bullet

@ the bolded part of your post, it happens very well.
I v seen parents that ll tell their daughters to find their way. Through prostitution, fraud etc. I v seen a father that ll not tell his that cybercrime is wrong. The list goes on.

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by gabinchi: 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
bigheart2013: So on point. The trend is worrisome dear. But everyone has a hand in the mess not just irresponsible fathers.

- irresponsible girls who dated married men and caused grief to wives but they eventually marry and expect to have happy marriages forgetting there is karma. - Chai, there's God o!

- irresponsible woman who marry men because of money and not love, then the marriage becomes a theater of war because of lack of love - Chai there's God o!

- Irresponsible girls who abandon men who labored and trained them for years and married a man from oversea just to travel out - chai, there's God o!

- Irresponsible in-laws who help scatter their children's marriage because of greed - chai, there's God o!

- Some irresponsible wives who divorce their struggling husbands abroad in order get child support and wire money to Nigeria to build houses - chai, there's God o!

- and that irresponsible he-goat, man who dates his secretary, students, neighbor's daughters and keep mistresses everywhere- chai, there's God oo!

- that irresponsible pastor who sees fake visions for single girls telling them they have 'spiritual husbands' but yet sleeps with girls in his church - chai, there's is God o. No, in fact there's ifa, orunmila, sango, shopona, ela, amadioha,

U killed it with this wonderful response. Many factors (which u ve correctly highlighted) are responsible for this which sometimes is beyond the man.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by wiringdpt(m): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ha, Ma binu...na that salary important o
OkikiOluwa1:
Why you dey abuse me?
Are you mad? Did you miss road?
Last Bullet
I won't try to be friendly with you o!
I never collect salary, plus + minus - plenty people owe me money!
I dey vex o!
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by lupey: 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
deavicky: beautiful small girl will you marry my brother?

Lol...I'm not small o! grin Far from it infact
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Eleganza33(f): 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
Bw cn he b ex did ur mum remari.of cox u lus respect 4 such fada,jus lyk me
hensben: exactly my ex- father, he is very worst, I do challenge him now n he is very afraid to speak with me whenever we see cos he knows I will ignore him.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by SpcAgtOko: 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
House wife or not women shouldn't rely on the man alone to care for the kids financial needs. They should have money saved in a secure place and ability to find a job when needed. They shouldnt let themselves become so out of touch with working.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by dasparrow: 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
Dbestmax: Dnt blame fathers..most women force d hands of their husbands and end up termin dem "iresponsible"wen dey are d architect of the family's misfortune

How do you know this? Have you considered husbands who married their wives when they were not rich but as soon as they became wealthy, they began to carry girls up and down the place, spending money on mistresses while neglecting the needs of his wife and children. How is this the wife's fault? What of husbands who start off being good but then change the minute their wife starts birthing only female children? What of husbands who are serial cheats regardless of how good their wives are and abandon their responsibilities to their wives only? What of husbands who allowed their mothers wreck havoc in their marriages and they stopped providing for their children? Let's face it, Nigeria is filled with irresponsible fathers and that is why our society is getting messier and messier by the day.

6 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
:-O :-O :-O
really?
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Teespice(f): 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
whatlyf: If Only Original Poster will Create a Thread Appreciating Fathers.

Appreciate the ones who know their roles and play them accordingly.

There are also fathers who perform their duties to a fault but are that irresponsible as well.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
dasparrow:
[s]
How do you know this? Have you considered husbands who married their wives when they were not rich but as soon as they became wealthy, they began to carry girls up and down the place, spending money on mistresses while neglecting the needs of his wife and children. How is this the wife's fault? What of husbands who start off being good but then change the minute their wife starts birthing only female children? What of husbands who are serial cheats regardless of how good their wives are and abandon their responsibilities to their wives only? What of husbands who allowed their mothers wreck havoc in their marriages and they stopped providing for their children?[/s] Let's face it, Nigeria is filled with irresponsible fathers and that is why our society is getting messier and messier by the day.

That is due to bad economy, bad leaders, bad pastors and a God who has long lost interest in us
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Aitee1: 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
Topics like this makes me cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by meme001: 4:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
hayoakins: Spreads mat to read the post...brb to comment meaningfully grin

Edited:

Now, you are gonna make me cry.

Polygamy is a modafking BIITCH, it is responsible for the high rate of irresponsible FATHERS
that's not always true shaaaaa!!!! It's abt personality!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Demands His Bride Price After He Found Out His Wife Is Not A Virgin, / You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps / What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.