Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society (30621 Views)

Ten (10) Ways That Helps To Uphold Dignity In The Society / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. / Signs Of An Irresponsible Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Dmentor(f): 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
I agree with you. What about irresponsible mothers, how should we treat them? There are many of them out there. It seems parenting is actually not meant for everyone.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Lucasbalo(m): 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
I am to my children what my father and mum was and is still to their 4 children . They gave the best moral education and the best education to us all abroad and we are all very successful in our different endeavors. Hopefully , our children will impart it into their children when that time comes for them . Proud of Dad and Mom. Hopefully , all young fathers will do good by their children.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
SirShymex:

Yes, he looks like one and I believe most of the other men were most likely raised by their mums and they're just speaking based on whatever their mums indoctrinated them with. I know how the mentality is. Honestly, I know men aren't perfect - however I'm tired of people blaming men for every darn thing wrong with the family and almost everything wrong on this planet. When are we going to start blaming women for the roles they played as well? Aren't women just as guilty as men?

Anyway, my thought process is about equality for all genders in all facets of life. Not just where it favours women only. And like I said earlier, I don't have problems with women. I absolutely love and adore cultured women. But I do have problems with scandalous women - I can't stand them.

Like i said, No wonder you have issues with women.

As for blaming women, since you are not in nigeria to know this happens, create time to come down here and see how women are blamed for everything.

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
oya where are d irresponsible fadas, show urself nd recieve ur deliverance

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
pickabeau1:
Now you see it is not as one dimensional as your post made it
Some have even started condemning naija politicians as examples of irresponsible dads which i feel has no bearing to the topic
Some are condemning all males even unmarried ones, others are condemning men with more than one wife..

You should have defined your parameters and boundaries.
I v put this thread in a simple way which touches what irresponsible fathers do in the family in Nigeria.
It touches both monogamous & polygamous homes. It doesn't condemn polygamy as some people are thinking.
Last Bullet
I don't need to write it boldly that this is not against polygamy.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by pickabeau1: 8:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
I v put this thread in a simple way which touches what irresponsible fathers do in the family in Nigeria.
It touches both monogamous & polygamous homes. It doesn't condemn polygamy as some people are thinking.
Last Bullet
I don't need to write it boldly that this is not against polygamy.

Your write up was heartfelt n ok.. its the fact that its open to all forms of interpretations that's the issue
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Like i said, No wonder you have issues with women.

As for blaming women, since you are not in nigeria to know this happens, create time to come down here and see how women are blamed for everything.

Isn't that the same Nigeria where 3 out of 10 Nigerian men aren't the biological fathers of their children, Sophy Roc-a-fella? grin

Let's talk about the irresponsible mothers/women in that country.

2 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
SirShymex:

Isn't that the same Nigeria where 3 out of 10 Nigerian men aren't biological fathers of their children, Sophy Roc-a-fella? grin

So simply because of that statistic, all women should be blamed for everything?
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
SirShymex:

Isn't that the same Nigeria where 3 out of 10 Nigerian men aren't the biological fathers of their children, Sophy Roc-a-fella? grin

3 out of 10 men is a good average grin

It could be worse grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:

So simply because of that statistic, all women should be blamed for everything?

So because of the few deadbeat dads in Nigeria, all Nigerian men should be blamed for everything?
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
carefreewannabe:

3 out of 10 men is a good average grin

It could be worse grin grin grin

Lmao! grin

Yet they still want to blame the men for being deadbeats - the life and times of promiscuous women. grin
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
SirShymex:

This thread is about irresponsible fathers. CREATE ANOTHER THREAD FOR IT. this thread isnt meant for you? Remember?

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:

This thread is about irresponsible fathers. CREATE ANOTHER THREAD FOR IT. this thread isnt meant for you? Remember?

It's for me now. I just found my ammo and I'm loading my gun.

You asked for the shooting match! cool
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
SirShymex:

Lmao! grin

Yet they still want to blame the men for being deadbeats - the life and times of promiscuous women. grin

I think, everyone knows that there are also irresponsible mothers.

Don't take it personally. wink
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
SirShymex:

So because of the few deadbeat dads in Nigeria, all Nigerian men should be blamed for everything?

And who is blaming the whole nigerian men for it? we are blaming irresponsible fathers and pointing out where they fail in their irresponsibilities. What is wrong with that? Are you planning to be one of them that you are so against this thread? i wonder why you are still here.

2 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
pickabeau1:

Your write up was heartfelt n ok.. its the fact that its open to all forms of interpretations that's the issue
I agree.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I'm not even taking it personally. I just think men need to start speaking up now, before we become the "new black."

Almost everything favours women these days, yet these folks won't let us have peace of mind. It's always about them.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:

And who is blaming the whole nigerian men for it? we are blaming irresponsible fathers and pointing out where they fail in their irresponsibilities. What is wrong with that? Are you planning to be one of them that you are so against this thread? i wonder why you are still here.
The guy (SirShymmex) is just whyning you.

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
SirShymex:

It's for me now. I just found my ammo and I'm loading my gun.

You asked for the shooting match! cool

But you said earlier that the thread isnt for you and there is nothing here to learn so what are you still doing here?
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
The guy (SirShymmex) is just whyning you.

And i am whyning him back.

grin grin grin grin
Come on! HE IS TAKING THE WHOLE ISH PERSONAL.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
SirShymex:

I'm not even taking it personally. I just think men need to start speaking up now, before we become the "new black."

Almost everything favours women these days, yet these folks won't let us have peace of mind. It's always about them.

Freedom of Speech for MEN wink smiley
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I am amazed he is taking it personal.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
SirShymex:

What do you mean by men speaking up? Have men in nigeria been oppressed? Wow! What a thought.

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:

The beauty of every critique is when it's done based on critical analysis. With that, while blaming irresponsible fathers/men, you have to highlight why/how they became irresponsible, and also make sure you point out how some women can be irresponsible as well.

However, when you start spouting the blame game laced with feminism tosh, then it becomes problematic. That's unacceptable to me as a man. Men are becoming too emasculated these days, and the trend has to stop.

Let me cite an example from a next country(not Nigeria) that might be relevant here. There's a popular sport analyst on ESPN called, "Stephen A. Smith." Last week, while he speaking about domestic violence, he said, "I don't condone domestic violence, but women shouldn't engage in provocation." That was all he said before feminists and PC warriors got on his case. And despite apologising for what he said in a 4 mins video - he was suspended from work, for a week - just for saying the truth. That's unacceptable!
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by ayobase(m): 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
pickabeau1: interesting......

these girls.... smh... they just wanna be kept

meanwhile this thread is going to the dogs already

male hating has started... this is about fathers who abandon their families but it has to degenerate into a gender war

Nairaland grin

me hating? Nah!

stop syh

I don't need to hate on ladies when I am a product of one, and a soul mate of one.

the men involved are not exceptions.

remember, talk begat talk.......I quoted someone to buttress a point.

okay, not every lady then.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:

But you said earlier that the thread isnt for you and there is nothing here to learn so what are you still doing here?

Nah, I'm here to speak the truth! cool
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:
I am amazed he is taking it personal.

grin grin grin grin

It's not personal with me, Sophy Roc-a-fella. I just think also need to start sharing part of the blame.

We're equal now, init? Equality for all. tongue
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Lucasbalo(m): 8:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
SirShymex:

Well, you and the OP need to always add, "In Nigeria" next time you lot make sweeping generalisations about men.

I'm sorry I don't know how Nigeria operates, that isn't my experience...from my experience, most of the women who cry about deadbeat dads are scandalous imps.
Not really, what the OP is implying occurs in the western world too. Fathers irresponsibility has no boundary. It's a world wide occurrence . Kudos to Dads And Moms worldwide taking care of business .

2 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:

And i am whyning him back.

grin grin grin grin
Come on! HE IS TAKING THE WHOLE ISH PERSONAL.
He just called me a feminist sympathizer.
He was even out of point by talking about western women.
Last Bullet
Is the western culture the same with Nigeria?
Do Nigerian women v right like the western women?
Don't mind the guy.

2 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
SirShymex:

The beauty of every critique is when it's done based on critical analysis. With that, while blaming irresponsible fathers/men, you have to highlight why/how they became irresponsible, and also make sure you point out how some women can be irresponsible as well.

However, when you start spouting the blame game laced feminism tosh, then it becomes problematic. That's unacceptable to me as a man. Men are becoming too emasculated these days, and the trend has to stop.

Let me cite an example from a next country(not Nigeria) that might be relevant here. There's a popular sport analyst on ESPN called, "Stephen A. Smith." Last week, while he speaking about domestic violence, he said, "I don't condone domestic violence, but women shouldn't engage in provocation." That was all he said before feminists and PC warriors got on his case. And despite apologising for what he said in a 4 mins video - he was suspended from work, for a week - just for saying the truth. That's unacceptable!

O.k. how does irresponsibility of a father have anything to do with a woman? do women control men to that extent? we are talking about NIGERIA. how do you wanna make your points when you know nothing about nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Graphic Photo: Dad Beats Babysitter Unconscious For Molesting Son / How I Nearly Killed My Aunt Last Christmas / 6 Arguments All Married Couples Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.