Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. (33160 Views)

ANTI-GAY LAW: We’ll Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Law – United States / America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal / Uganda's Ugliest Man, Godfrey Baguma Welcomes 8th Child With His 2nd Wife (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by CanadaCars(m): 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
Symphony007: there are limits. If you commit murder, you loose those rights. If you commit atrocities that affect the state or the well being of other citizens you loose those rights. Let the government prove how a consexual relationship among two adults of sound mind is a threat to the state or other citizens.
So why won't you support two consenting adults (mom/son or dad/daughter or two siblings or one having sex with his brothers wife vis a vis) to enjoy sexual relations between themselves since they are not hurting anyone. See morality cannot be never be swept under the carpet it is immoral and unnatural to have sex with someone of the same sex. Just as it is to have sex with any of the above mentioned relatives.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by hercules07: 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
SirShymex:

In as much as you might be right about the enactment of the law, I think the LGBT community most likely pushed for the marriage laws, and they had put the hammer down on them. You should know these people are attention seekers, and it backfired. If they had kept whatever they do 'lowkey', I honestly don't think there would have been any legislation.

Also, the reason why I'm not against it is because it might help contain them for now - and it's fit for purpose. Just as Russia had to do the same thing because of the country's fertility issues.

Regardless, I still maintain they don't deserve to be killed, or maimed. However, There should be control mechanism - Africa isn't ready for that lifestyle.

The LGBT community should not push for marriage yet in Nigeria as we are not ripe enough, Nigerians have a funny mentality. Russia did not criminalize the act, it just said do not show it publicly, I do not think Russia is also mature enough to handle it the way the Westerns can.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
lonelypal:

Lol...too bad you only spewing gibberish laddened with misguided emotions. Would have expected you to tackle me with facts since your so passionate and "versed" on this

I don't waste that kind of effort on people who are determined to wallow in their ignorance. Sorry. Look elsewhere for free education.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by hercules07: 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
CanadaCars:
So why won't you support two consenting adults (mom/son or dad/daughter or two siblings or one having sex with his brothers wife vis a vis) to enjoy sexual relations between themselves since they are not hurting anyone. See morality cannot never be swept under the carpet it is immoral and unnatural to have sex with someone of the same sex. Just as it is to have sex with any of the above mentioned relatives.

They are hurting people, (Father/son/Daughter), also, products of such relations are open to diseases because there is no diversity.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
Re: bestiality and incest

Let's say it ONE MORE TIME for the stúpids.

KiKatanga:

1. Risking serious genetic deformities through inbreeding

2. Risking serious genetic deformities through inbreeding

3. Having non-consensual sex.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by haconjy(m): 4:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
but pls. can US try this with China, Russia, Iran, or other developed country? US is stupid, i just hate that country.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Reference(m): 4:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
KiKatanga:

That's funny because since they have all of the money, hygiene, security and education you want for Nigeria, they must be doing something right...

Stop hating start learning.

And there is a country called China that has more anti freedom laws than you can count but with an economy outstripping the US (a country in clear decline). So....
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
hercules07:

The LGBT community should not push for marriage yet in Nigeria as we are not ripe enough, Nigerians have a funny mentality. Russia did not criminalize the act, it just said do not show it publicly, I do not think Russia is also mature enough to handle it the way the Westerns can.

That's my point. They pushed for it in Nigeria and other African countries because western countries were legalising it, and it backfired. These folks don't know where to stop.

And that was the same way they tried it in Russia, and Putin had to put the hammer down on them. You've got a country with fertility issues, yet you want to promote a lifestyle that will complicate things. Just as Africa already has enough problems, yet they still pushed for something the continent isn't ready for.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by BetaThings: 4:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

BIGAMY IS NOT POLYGAMY.

Open a new window on the browser you are currently using for Nairaland and LOOK. IT. UP.

There is no reason for you to be this wrong on the Internet.
Bi
poly
yes are different when we want to split hairs
But do both not involve having marriage with more than one person
I cannot understand why being married to A & B concurrently is illegal while being to A & B & C or even D is not
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by MarshRiley(m): 4:58pm On Aug 01, 2014
KiKatanga:

Could you decide whether to be raised by a straight parent or by a gay?
For you to have biological parents,then obviously they are not gay,
Adopted children has no such right
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by fydence: 4:59pm On Aug 01, 2014
Symphony007: It gives me great joy that there are still countries in africa with a judiciary that does it job without sentiments or personal feelings. No country on earth can have a constitution which protects fundamental human rights then go ahead to criminalize freedom of expression. It is ridiculous and no judiciary will stand for that. Nigeria should take note. Our supreme court must strike down ours if it gets to their desk. If our governments wants it's anti gay law to stand, then it should do a constitutional amendment were fundamental human rights is removed then a law like that can stand. But you can't claim to protect human rights and put people in jail for living their lives because you don't like how they do it. It's a mockery of constitutional democracy. You can't eat your cake and have it.
is it legal to have two wives in the west eg The US?
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by DaBozz(m): 4:59pm On Aug 01, 2014
dhammyg: NICE.WHEN WILL NIGERIANS\AFRICANS LEARN THAT WHAT TWO ADULTS CHOOSE TO DO IN THEIR BEDROOM IS NONE OF THEIR BIZ.
WE AS AS AFRICANS HAVE BIGGER PROBLEMS FACING US E.G CORRUPTION.IF WE COULD PERSECUTE CORRUPT POLITICIANS THE SAME WAY WE PERSECUTE GAYS AFRICA WILL BE A BETTER PLACEwink

AND BY THE WAY DO U THINK IMPRISONING GAYS WILL MAKE THEM CHANGEOR DO U THINK LYNCHING THEM WILL MAKE THEM CHANGE

AND TO THOSE SAYING BEING GAY IS UNAFRICAN AND USING BIBLE\QURAN TO JUSTIFY THE CLAIM,PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT CHRISTAINITY AND ISLAM IS ALSO UNAFRICAN tongue
Did you write this Hope is not what I'm thinking.....I would pretend I didn't see this.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
BetaThings:
Bi
poly
yes are different when we want to split hairs
But do both not involve having marriage with more than one person
I cannot understand why being married to A & B concurrently is illegal while being to A & B & C or even D is not

Wow. Can you stop displaying your ignorance? Please. The "bi" in bigamy has nothing to do with number, you fùcking idíot. Look it the fúck up. It's not that hard. Just Google it. That's all you have to do. YOUR STÚPIDITY IS PISSING ME OFF.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by oldenglish: 5:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
KiKatanga:

So do you think that all of the Aids sufferers in Africa are gay?
again ask your self is all the children with birth disabilities, did they came from a mother and son marriage?
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
fydence: is it legal to have two wives in the west eg The US?

Yes. How about you focus on the topic now.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by hermesprogidy(m): 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
silly African countries and their stupid law makers always taking knee jerk actions. Guess they didn't fathom the extent of Western sanctions on their economies before passing their thoughtless bills. How can you deprive people of their human rights, yet still claim democracy? I expect a Nigerian U-turn soonest. Mumu + follow,follow= lost

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by parrotibaba(m): 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
guys, why dis fight ova another country's passed law? d truth is dat it is still illegal n punishable by law in naija here n nothing will change it,absolutely nothing, b4 dis law was passed in naija ,about 98% of Nigerians were in support of jailing gays n lesbians, so u guys living abroad n agitating 4 d legalization of gay n lesbian marriage n blah blah blah should shut d Fvck up n deal with it...it might be normal in ur eyes bt in Nigeria it ain't n we r cool with it n if u r not ,America is not far...

PS we no wan d hear say "Mike rapped Justin in his room" 4 internet ...
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by KiKatanga: 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
Reference:

And there is a country called China that has more anti freedom laws than you can count but with an economy outstripping the US (a country in clear decline). So....

Actually, they don't, China has very few "Anti-Freedom" Laws. Fewer, in fact, than most African countries.

What's more the Chinese economy is not outstripping the US economy, it it one ninth the size of the US economy on a per capita basis, and four times the size of Nigeria's on a per capita basis.

China is growing far faster, but it's way behind still. Just remember, there are four times as many Chinese as Americans and the Americans still have more wealth between them.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
Re: bestiality and incést

Let's say it AGAIN.
KiKatanga:

1. Risking serious genetic deformities through inbreeding

2. Risking serious genetic deformities through inbreeding

3. Having non-consensual sex.
KiKatanga: Then they massively increase the risk creating a child with potentially debilitating birth defects whose disabilities are a burden on the state and who is the victim of the union.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by iamjane(f): 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
dhammyg:
LET'S FIGHT BAD LEADERSHIP,POOR INFRASTRUCTURE,FAILING EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM,POOR HEALTH CARE FIRSTangry

HOW DOES 2 GROWN MEN /WOMEN HAVING A AFFAIR AFFECT UR LIFE

I like that you think of BIGGER, 'more important' things, but it takes but a needle to deflate a balloon.

A life style lived contrary to Natural Laws should have inherent adverse effects in the long run... wouldn't you agree? Consider the health system...

Christ, the Prophets... did not pass through- persecution, suffering and even death, just to teach us the right way- for the fun of it!

Wow, it all begins...it's all happening so fastly
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by halfcaste1: 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
Romans 1:21-28 on ma mind!
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by hercules07: 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
SirShymex:

That's my point. They pushed for it in Nigeria and other African countries because western countries were legalising it, and it backfired. These folks don't know where to stop.

And that was the same way they tried it in Russia, and Putin had to put the hammer down on them. You've got a country with fertility issues, yet you want to promote a lifestyle that will complicate things. Just as Africa already has enough problems, yet they still pushed for something the continent isn't ready for.

They need to choose their fights better but that law passed in Nigeria is horrific and barbaric, it should be repealed, Russia's case I think is about promoting it in public, it is a restriction on rights but the community needs to work with the officials and see how they can move forward, limiting rights because we do not like people's choices is not a good thing.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by hercules07: 5:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
iamjane:

I like that you think of BIGGER, 'more important' things, but it takes but a needle to deflate a balloon.

A life style lived contrary to Natural Laws should have inherent adverse effects in the long run... wouldn't you agree? Consider the health system...

Christ, the Prophets... did not pass through- persecution, suffering and even death, just to teach us the right way- for the fun of it!

Wow, it all begins...it's all happening so fastly

Please stuff your religion where the sun does not shine.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

The stupidity in this thread is head-splitting.

Go look up fundamental human rights. Like, how is this possible? How do people like you function? With this this amount of stupidity?
This semi illiterate is here again, lol. Listen daft, no right is absolute, take it or shove it up your arsse.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by BetaThings: 5:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

I just shed a damn tear grin
Prepare to shed more
Tell me how h.o.m.o.s.i.c.k.ness promote procreation
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by fydence: 5:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

Yes. How about you focus on the topic now.
how about u focus on ur mental issues? U cant answer a simple question?
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
hercules07:

They need to choose their fights better but that law passed in Nigeria is horrific and barbaric, it should be repealed, Russia's case I think is about promoting it in public, it is a restriction on rights but the community needs to work with the officials and see how they can move forward, limiting rights because we do not like people's choices is not a good thing.

Please, if I could hide his posts, or block him somehow, I would. He will never stop. Please. I'm not here to watch him take over this thread with milelong copy-pastes, giant pictures, and in the end, music videos.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
fydence: how about u focus on ur mental issues? U cant answer a simple question?

Are you retárded? I answered your question. Immediately. In the first word. Do you know how to read?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 01, 2014
The drooler has ARRIVED. She's ready. She brought her blanket. She's here to masturbate to the thought of me. Are you reading this? Are you excited?

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by KiKatanga: 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
oldenglish: again ask your self is all the children with birth disabilities, did they came from a mother and son marriage?

Of course not, which is why I said a far higher probability of birth defects -- and I'll answer my question to you too -- no, most Aids sufferers in Africa are straight. Because Africans don't practice sexual hygiene properly.

What's more nearly 10 times as many people contract AIDS in Nigeria than the US, even though Nigeria is only half the size -- what's more about 10% more Nigerians than Americans are living with the disease, but that's only because the health service in Nigeria is so woeful that most people who contract it die soon afterwards.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by hercules07: 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

Are you retárded? I answered your question. Immediately. In the first word. Do you know how to read?

Shymmex is a cool guy, he just does not like the LGBT community.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
hercules07:

Shymmex is a cool guy, he just does not like the LGBT community.

No. That's not the only thing he doesn't know anything about. Computer science is a big one. Then there's clean energy. I could go on. But I dislike thinking about the stúpidity I've been forced to read in the past. The copypasting, pictures, and videos, it's too much. No. That's not cool.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply)

General Seare Mekonnen Shot Dead In Ethiopia 'Coup Bid' Attacks / Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles / "I Want To Help Beat Ukraine From My Computer" - Russian Vigilante Hacker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.