Stats: 3,152,062 members, 7,814,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of (27981 Views)

Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... / "I Am So Proud Of My Husband" – Aisha Buhari / Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by silversonuc(m): 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
Chicks especially
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
50calibre:

Shut up!! In your case it does. You talk like a truckpusher, I'm sure you aren't hearing this force he first time

50 Calibre is a heavy duty round/rifle, it strikes fear into the heart of the enemy and obliterates anything it touches. That certainly represents my personality, I'm brutish, cut-throat and highly destructive. I seek to inflict maximum damage on my opponent, if he ain't dead it doesn't count.

Now observe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl3HJnFdH1I

grin My dear, you would actually wish you never made the "bolded" statement. Anyways, I take it that you were joking cheesy
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Amuga(f): 9:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
According to my 12yrs old nephew he said, Nigeria is the first Africa country to have the cure to Ebola.

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Truckpusher(m): 9:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
Tashamania:

grin My dear, you would actually wish you never made the "bolded" statement. Anyways, I take it that you were joking cheesy
When peeps on drugs talk you just learn how to ignore else you'd be stunned.

Aren't you stunned by that his grammatical prowess since he claims to be better than everyone else especially Nigerians.? grin
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by 50calibre(m): 9:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
BananaBender:

All you've done here is truly prove yourself clueless. Ask an average Nigerian who they are voting for in the next election and why? Have a conversation with the Average Nigerian who is 'tribalistic', ignorant and overly-religious. They are cynical, hypocritical and corrupt.

Remove your rose colored glasses, Nigerians are the biggest problem in the country.

Well on this I agree with you.
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
Truckpusher: And who invited you over? shocked

You should be with your boyfriend holding that thing like a microphone all night long grin

But my boyfriend aint nowhere to be found sad

tongue
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by knowledge4(m): 9:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
OIL
POPULATION
PEACE KEEPING OPERATIONS
GIANT STATUS IN AFRICA
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Truckpusher(m): 9:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
50calibre:

So you finally agree you're clueless? grin

Once again....Cheers

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by azbest123: 10:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
hi, guys
please this question has been a boarding issue to me for some times now...
is it true that Nigeria population is among the factors that is affecting our economy? or mismanagement of the available resources? or our leadership both politically n religious aspect?
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
Tashamania: Ceasar1, who put your thread for frontpage ni? angry

I don't know wooo.

How was your day? embarassed
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Truckpusher(m): 10:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
Tashamania:

But my boyfriend aint nowhere to be found sad

tongue
Go get yourself one and stop complaining tongue
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Wale112(m): 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
kIdnaping grin grin
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Wale112(m): 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
Prostitution grin grin
Bombing grin
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by neighbourhud: 10:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
ROSSIKE:

France is proud of her Eiffel Tower? Oh really?

Well Nigeria is proud of her National Theater in Lagos.

Or Obudu Cattle ranch

Or Abuja (brand new city)

Her diverse, interesting culture

Her fashions etc.

But let's go further..

NIGERIA

- Most populous country in Africa with 170 million people.

-9th most populous country in the world after China, India, United States, Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Russia, and
Bangladesh.

- Africa's largest economy with an annual GDP of $510 billion.

- Africa's largest oil and gas exporter.

- At 125 trillion cubic feet (tcf), the world's 7th largest gas reserves after Iran, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United
States, Algeria and Venezuela.

- Africa's largest university educated population of approximately 30 million.

- Africa's largest and most prosperous middle class of approximately 60 million.

- Most extensive road network in Africa.

- One of Africa's top 3 most powerful military forces.

- Home to Lagos, the 6th largest urban center in the world after Tokyo, Mumbai, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, and New
York City.

- Nigeria is the only African country listed among the "Next Eleven" economies - countries on track to become the biggest economies in the world in the 21st century. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Eleven

- Nigeria is the only African country listed among the MINT nations - countries on track to become the biggest economies in the world in the 21st century.

- The economy of Nigeria is among the fastest growing in the world.

- Nigeria has one of the fastest growing telecommunications markets in the world, major emerging market operators (like MTN, Etisalat, Zain and Globacom) basing their largest and most profitable centres in the country. The government has recently begun expanding this infrastructure to space based communications. Nigeria has a space satellite which is monitored at the Nigerian National Space Research and Development Agency Headquarters in Abuja. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria

- Nigeria is the first and ONLY black country to manufacture motor vehicles including cars, buses, trucks, and suvs:

http://innosonivm.com/en/index.asp

- 17th Aug 2011 Nigeria launched the world's first black-built satellite.

''NATION LAUNCHES FIRST SATELLITE BUILT BY AFRICANS - Nigeria successfully launched NigeriaSat-X, the first satellite to be designed and built by Africans, into orbit this week (17 August). NigeriaSat-X was launched along with another small satellite, NigeriaSat-2, from Yasny in southern Russia.''
(Source: Middle East North Africa Financial Network) http://www.n2yo.com/?s=5580

- Nigeria - World's fastest growing Construction Industry:

''Construction growth in Nigeria will be the fastest of all markets'', according to the latest 10-year forecast from Global Construction Perspectives and Oxford Economics.

The new study says China will overtake the US as the world's biggest construction market by 2018, but that the fastest growth will happen in Nigeria.''

''Africa’s biggest economy is poised to lead world growth in construction for next decade.''

http://stratsisincite./2009/11/14/construction-to-become-worlds-fastest-growing-in-nigeria/

http://allafrica.com/stories/200911130010.html

- Africa's biggest and most prolific film industry, and the world's second largest, with a contribution of $6 billion to Nigeria's annual GDP.

- Africa's fashion capital and home to the continent's most vibrant and creative fashion industry.

''Nigeria has sashayed into the style spotlight this year: Michelle Obama wore London-based Nigerian-born Duro Olowu’s print dresses and a hand-painted indigo blouse by Lagos-based Maki Oh for a state visit to South Africa in June, while Beyoncé posted a selfie wearing a sweatshirt by London-born Nigerian designer Walé Adeyemi on Instagram in January.'' - FT.COM 'Lagos - Global Fashion Hotspot' http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/e1668b92-31b0-11e3-817c-00144feab7de.html#slide0

- Africa's most prolific music industry and entertainment capital.

- African Football Champions, and current holders of the African Cup of Nations.

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Wale112(m): 10:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
Only country using generator in 2014 when there's abundant of oil and gas grin

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Truckpusher(m): 10:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ceasar1:

I don't know wooo.

You're derailing your own thread? cheesy

C'mon! you set the house on fire and you still find time for romance and exchanging pleasantries? angry

How does that work for you? undecided
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
if for nothing else, Nigeria should be proud of the likes of Chimamanda, Dora Akunyili, Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe.
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
Truckpusher: When peeps on drugs talk you just learn how to ignore else you'd be stunned.

Aren't you stunned by that his grammatical prowess since he claims to be better than everyone else especially Nigerians.? grin

Heehehehe please forgive him, nairaland has made life better for some people by allowing them post anything they want without knowing who's really behind the moniker cheesy
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
50calibre:

What do you think I've been saying??
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by fyxboss(m): 10:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nigeria can be proud of me
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by fyxboss(m): 10:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nigeria can be proud of me.....'only me'
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Joshcoli(m): 10:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
this topic will only bring in haters, LEAVE NIGERIA ALONE, LEAVE NAIRALAND ALONE
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by 50calibre(m): 10:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
Tashamania:

Lol are you his wife? grin

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by lastmessenger: 10:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
oduastates: Nothing.
Using obama's quote.
Nigeria is simply a medium size and derelict gas station.
A useless one at that.
Makes nothing but wants to consume everything.
The giant sore of Africa and
A disgrace to the black race
Did he reAlly say that about naija?
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by charlito94(m): 10:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
Most developing country n economy n if not acceptable at least na we get fine fine black girls with gud ass

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ceasar1:
I don't know wooo.
Day was cool but I reeally need to know who put this thread on FP angry

How was your day too? angry
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
Truckpusher: You're derailing your own thread? cheesy

C'mon! you set the house on fire and you still find time for romance and exchanging pleasantries? angry

How does that work for you? undecided

House on Fire? Lol, a little ‘Hi’ wouldn't hurt that much. I trust the fire marshals to do their work. grin
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Truckpusher(m): 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
BananaBender:

What do you think I've been saying??

You don't blame the man..........He just came back from one of his blackouts grin
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by 50calibre(m): 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
Truckpusher: When peeps on drugs talk you just learn how to ignore else you'd be stunned.

Aren't you stunned by that his grammatical prowess since he claims to be better than everyone else especially Nigerians .? grin

Lol Don't even go there, you will lose.

learn to recognise an obvious typo, it's common sense.

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 31, 2014
MY COUNTRY 9ja
(1) Where ladies don't
accept
flowers
for valentine or birthday
gift, but prefer Murtala Mohammed
Head.
(2) Where lizards go look
your
eyeball,
nod head and say "notin dey
happen
guy"
(3) Where a blind beggar
will
reject a fake naira note. (4) Where Groundnuts are
sold in
Bottles & Waters sold in
Satchets.
(5) Where parents claim
they always
came first position in
school.
(6) Where You Can Be A
Driver
For Years Without A 'DRIVER's
LICENCE'
(7) Where Presidents and
other
government officials don't
knowthe national anthem.
(cool Where the govt dont
give a
hoot
about nobody.
(9) Where Gala and Lacasera is the
best option when stuck in
traffic
jams
(hold up).
(10) Where you are jailed for
stealing Maggi and yam
and others
given
a
chieftancy title for stealing billions and
Front row seat in churches.
(11) Where we fight for
everything.
To
gain admission to university, to
get a
job and to enter a bus!
(12) Where you are robbed
of
your phone and the robbers come
back for
your Pin code and the
charger.
(13) Where politicians use
big unnecessary grammar to
scam
people.
(14) Where your type of
GENERATOR
shows how RICH you are. (15) Where you can easily
blame
your
not been successful on
family
members in the village.
(16) Where rich men must
have a
pot
belly, and a healthy
looking, slim Man is despised in the
street as a
pauper.
(17) Where if you where
do
anyhow you see anyhow.
(18) Where generator is a
social
amenity.
(19) Where people dey
collect change
for beggar hand.
(20) Where People produce
Toyota Camry jeans and Dr.
Dre
slippers (21) Where the man who
had no
shoes
becomes the president.
(22) Where a 60-yr-old
grandpa is a National youth leader
of a
party
(PDP).
(23) Where citizens are
more afraid of
Police than Armed robbers.
We are always proud to be
called
Nigerians despite all these
odds. I L √ ﻉ NIGERIA WITH
PASSION.
What about Urs
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
50calibre:
Lol are you his wife? grin
As usual, I try my best not to quote you, so I'll just leave it at that. Pls don't quote me again. Thanks smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters / Suspected APC Thugs Disrupt Voting In Aguda, Lagos State / PDP To Buhari, APC: “You Have Betrayed Almajirai After Using Them To Get Power”