Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry (95427 Views)

I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax / Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by fulfillment2020(m): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2014
OP may thunder paya u, I received 2 calls and 6 whatsapp messages this early morning because of this your BS. Take ur time ooo.

4 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by kevolysis12(m): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2014
JANK23H: Just pray Seun doesn't send this thread to front page.You go hear am today.
broda.. E don dey front page already..
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by eaglechild: 9:47am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
So i should have just kept quiet abi.
Who knew people will take it this serious.
Nairaland has too many kids. Mind how you talk to me pls!

You have the silly guts to call names.
You should just drop your apology and log off.

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by switsoda(m): 9:48am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Yh, as i said, funke was part of the plan. I sent mine 7pm. Funke was determined to beat me to the joke. She sent her's earlier, we are room mates in FUTA jibowu hostel. My room mates can bear me witness.
hmmm omo Jibowu... Wot i suggest is that you should go to Akindeko around 7pm to apologise instead of making d publicity here
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 08, 2014
You see ba.. you made me buy Dangote salt #100 instead of tge normal #50 God dey

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 08, 2014
If your Dad or Mum didn't call you this morning concerning salt and water bath, then you are probably adopted ...lolz
.....on a serious note, salt and water bath has no scientific base , not evidence based thus hold no water .

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by pat358(m): 9:49am On Aug 08, 2014
You should be arrested and prosucuted for false information to the public. Next time you won't act irresponsibly

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by pat358(m): 9:49am On Aug 08, 2014
pat358: You should be arrested and prosucuted for false information to the public. Next time you won't act irresponsibly
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 08, 2014
n

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Rexyl(m): 9:49am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
This is serious. The rumor is everywhere already.
I have sent out another broadcast message to apologize. The problem is people are not believing me.

you have just made a name for yourself. you need something... a lion heart to defend it... even Many professors have bowed for you for that your scary hypothesis without the need for any proof. maybe you are the genius of your own kind. I contemplate an international award for this.

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Promking: 9:49am On Aug 08, 2014
OP, i'm really trying hard not to insult ur generation here, cos u made me bath and drink this salt water solution even with the cut i had in my mouth, and surely that will hurt. Mine is not even a big deal. Imagine those whom are meant to abstain from salt due to health issues,imagine again the danger you've put them into. Why are you so daft. Pregnant women in the first trimester are to avoid concentrated salt solution because it can cause a miscarriage. Just think about the whole problem u've caused. Salt cannot even kill or impede the ebola virus o
I'm just waiting for this news to come on TV so as to stop this madness which is spreading faster than wildfire. Its trending on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, BBM, I've even had like four text messages and 2 calls telling me to do the salt water thing.
What a stupid prank from an insane person like you on a deadly life threatening virus

4 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by fidzy(m): 9:50am On Aug 08, 2014
My country Nigeria. Someone would have already given a testimony that he/she got cured of salt water n everybody will take it to the next level. What if people already fed their toddlers with salt water n are in danger now? All in the name of a joke.

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Amule5000us(m): 9:50am On Aug 08, 2014
Weting be dis one dis morning

Na wa oooo,..nigerians,..can't laff,.. grin grin grin grin grin

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by GSKing: 9:51am On Aug 08, 2014
Well, MTN NG got your joke @op and has sent messages to all its subscribers saying :

Ebola is spread through contact with blood, sweat, saliva, urine &¿se.men of an infected person/animal. For more information, email ebolainfo@health.gov.ng
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Zedjp(m): 9:51am On Aug 08, 2014
G,I think you should start taking responsibility for the lives that might be lost because of ur pathetic rumor.And pray the hands of law doesnt grab you,you deserve to be cooling off ur heels in jail,you and all your friends in crime.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by homesteady(m): 9:52am On Aug 08, 2014
OP you are on cool fm kano! Enjoy your moment of fame! (Unfortunately you are faceless)
aloe very
They said you don't know how to spell grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by jpphilips(m): 9:52am On Aug 08, 2014
Only in a country where majority of the populace are m0r0ns

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Konjour(m): 9:52am On Aug 08, 2014
If you believe the OP actually started the rumours, you're just as gullible as those who've been

diving into salty water since the rumours began.

The people who really started it probably won't come onto a social forum to apologize.

Washing of hands frequently, maintaining good hygiene and avoiding coming into contact

with the sweat and the bodily fluids of others are the only means of prevention now, at least till

a vaccine or treatment is developed.

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by bosun11(m): 9:52am On Aug 08, 2014
its quite unfortunate that it is a joke....u came into nairaland in the wrong way and your topic is already on the front page..............................................................dont try it next time...

ur topic awaits many insults from many kids on nairaland...you will have to bear that so you can learn and watch the kind of joke you introduce in the future...........

"very expensive joke"...............................you have been warned

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by redcap: 9:52am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
What is it with you? Have you never played any prank on your friends before?
Respect yourself...
Quote me again and see

Don't play prank with human life.Do u know how many people that may have died from dehydration and high BP before this ur rebuttal.This is a senseless irreparable damage u've caused.

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Edunwa302(m): 9:53am On Aug 08, 2014
Boko haram ll detonate bomb en claim responsibility .....nw op detonated Ebola fake cure en still get d mind come nairaland to claim responsibility......... I tire for my country
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Tymax(m): 9:53am On Aug 08, 2014
How are we sure you started the rumour? No evidence to support your spurious claim.

People will do anything just to be popular on Nairaland. They'll even confess to commiting crime.

Are you this hungry for fame? Well, congratulations! The world can now see your desperation. angry

9 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by walex25(m): 9:54am On Aug 08, 2014
I don't believe you. Most people have been spreading this news since yesterday morning and you guyz said you perpetrate it around 3 or 7pm. It still doesn't add up.
You are just trying gain cheap fame. Between I don't believe that using salt water will prevent you from contracting the disease.

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Switpal(m): 9:54am On Aug 08, 2014
We need your full profile (full name & addres) for your arrest. You have been declared wanted here & can't hide anymore.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by tuffgongjo(m): 9:54am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Respect yourself...
Quote me again and see
this is a very silly prank.

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by bosun11(m): 9:55am On Aug 08, 2014
the number of monikers viewing this thread is more than the number of people in alaba market + computer village combined !!!!

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by dramaticspeak(m): 9:55am On Aug 08, 2014
My igbo brothers never cease to amaze me

4 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by redcap: 9:55am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: I have lectures by 10pm.
Let me go and have my bathe

Make sure u add salt n pepper to ur bath water,f00l.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by misspetit(f): 9:55am On Aug 08, 2014
I would not call myself a non-conformist, but I would not say I like to join the "band-wagon" either. I like to whenever I get information (like the "salt+warm water" bath against the fatal ebola virus) sit down and carefully analyse whatever it. Now, ebola virus got its name from a river in Congo where it broke out the second time after its Sudanese premier in 1976. Research and observation shows that it can only be contracted by #PHYSICAL CONTACT of body #FLUIDS from an infected to a non-infected person. If this be the case, I believe it is safe to assume that the ebola virus is NOT an air-borne disease! This news of bathing salt and warm water is such as I find in the least laughable. It is a blatant show of how fear can sometimes incapacitate intellectual distillation of beguiling information. Until there is physical contact, then there can be no infection, and please #NOTE: a salt water bath cannot prevent one from contracting the disease just take simple precautions and move out. Ebola is a germ. That is why simple disinfectants like dettol will work perfectly well in your bath water. Please stop spreading fear. Do you know that the fear of an impending missile in WWI killed more people than the missile itself? I even got a text message about the "salt+warm water" bath. Desist from such! All you need to do is to take precautions and live healthier lives. My heart goes out to the families of Patrick Sawyer and all medical practitioners who have died from the fatal disease. SARS came we overcame it, ebola will not see our end we shall overcome it. I like the health tips. What I will NOT tolerate is FEAR tips. I don't want them! I don't need them.

Signed: Odeyemi, Oluwaseun ( A final year Law student of the Faculty of Law, University of Lagos)

Pls, pls, pls, Re-bc. Thanks
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Omobolaji20(m): 9:55am On Aug 08, 2014
U should watch your Back........do u knw how many organisation would be trailing u now...lemme list few.......Nigerian Police.......nigerian Army.....NDLEA.......SSS........infact....agbero dey look for u. Word of advice dear..........beta start hiding cos u r not safe anymore in dis country.......i don tel u ooo.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nellyd(f): 9:56am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Respect yourself...
Quote me again and see
And you are supposed to apologising. I don't think you know the gravity of the pranks you just played.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Man Wears Snake Instead Of Face Mask In A Commercial Bus In England / French Doctors Say 'Test Coronavirus Vaccines In Africa", Eto’o, Drogba React / Mum Infects Her 17 Children With Coronavirus In US As She Didn't Show Symptoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.