Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,488 members, 7,826,838 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver (38234 Views)

First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US / BREAKING: Different Ebola Trial Drug Arrives Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by oluwasegunfummi: 8:44am On Aug 16, 2014
If FG decides to use the drug on her citizens, there's nothing fashola can do about it, that heddiot is beginning to piss me off.........eko o ni baje oooo cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Philipmems(m): 8:45am On Aug 16, 2014
But serious before using such drug we should have to set up a lab and see the effect of the drugs on a lab subject (monkey or rat) I am not saying we should wait the whole episode from start to finish but watch out for improvement of blood cells when the virus is active in the subject. Better still makers of Nano silver should show us research being done with the drug, long time effect of the drug, improvement of test subject when drug was applied, this is not rocket science its something that we are entitled to know. Please we should not swallow or be injected with anything out of desperation, I know the tension is high and everyone is agitated but let's not rush into this without being sure of it... Bleep America for saying its a PESTICIDE but there is no harm in checking it out... Nano silver makers should tell us the composition of the drugs we should know, alot of people are out there trying to cash in on our desperation I can assure you guys. So let's be the Nigerians that is strong willed.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Adiwana: 8:46am On Aug 16, 2014
fg govt cant jus come out of the blues and approve drugs like..if the drug has the ability of killin the ebola and at the same time doesnt kill the patient,weda na ota pia pia,me no mind
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Tundeiab(m): 8:46am On Aug 16, 2014
supersun1: Why use a "probably" effective drug on patients, when the certainly effective drug exists. Lagos state made a took a right decision in safeguarding the life of it's citizens.
I can see how they are safe guarding the life of their citizen. 3 Nigerians are dead already and some critically ill. Your so called effective drug is not certified yet .

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by magnusalbertus(m): 8:46am On Aug 16, 2014
Pataki: Foolish Nigerians.

Nano-silver is a pesticide. FG killing Nigerians massively since 2010.
don't mind ignorant Nigerians. these r people who took a warm saline bath without questions they still want nano silver without trying to find out via Google wat this silver particles is capable of. . pity Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by lilprinze: 8:47am On Aug 16, 2014
smh so cuz usa a said d drug cnt cure ebol we jx believed foolishly we didn't even test d drug bef we came to conclusion. Dy should keep on waiting 4 zmapp and who said America would giv Nigerians d zmapp any time soon dy should better start looking 4 another alternative and stp waiting 4 America. i dnt tink dy r willing to help us.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 8:49am On Aug 16, 2014
The Commissioner of Health should act if the Minister of Health is confused. The Lagos Commissioner of Health should head to America, discuss with the managers of Mapp BioPharma and know the situation of things.

ZMapp is a 22 million dollars research. Mapp BioPharma can not continue given out the drug free of charge.

So I hope the Lagos Commissioner of Health heads out to US to fight for the drug.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by hollandis(f): 8:49am On Aug 16, 2014
duni04:
Please tell us the name of this Nigerian scientist in the diaspora? Has he conducted any previous research? Where are his research articles on the internet? Where is his lab? What is the address? If the nanosilver 419 doesn't work how do we contact him? At least we know the address of the makers of zmapp.

Shut the hell up.Nanosilver has no known adverse effect.Did zmapp cure the spanish priest? Everyyhing from white man is good to you

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by henryobinna(m): 8:50am On Aug 16, 2014
Tashamania: Confusing. I trust stubborn Governor Fashola too, he would never give in
and you think America will send you/us Zmapp?
I doubt it cos they'll definitely want something in return. which is neither your oil nor your money...
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by amnestylaw1(m): 8:50am On Aug 16, 2014
EasternLeopard: Why can't they infect a monkey and try out the drugs before rejecting it

Is it because it is connected to FG(PDP) that the drug was rejected

Pls oooooo

Lagos state give the drug a trial on monkeys before rejecting. Stop playing politics with peoples lives

Now that was inhumane. Why would they infect monkey? To test on an innocent animal who did not contribute negatively to our messed planet? Let them test on the patients, not the animals. Animal testing is cruel.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by publicenemy(m): 8:51am On Aug 16, 2014
Missy89: Nigerians can overreact eh!

Why use patients as lab rats on a drug that was developed by vague scientist?

WELL THEY ARE DYING? IF THE MZAPP DOESNT COME ON TIME THOSE CLOSE TO DEATH MIGHT AS WELL BE USED TO TEST IT ,THATS IF THEY CONSENT TO IT. BESIDES THE ZMAPP IS STILL BEING TESTED SO THE LAB RAT THING GOES BOTH WAYS. MZAPP AND THE NIGERIAN VACCINE.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Jesuspistol(m): 8:51am On Aug 16, 2014
A bone at hand is better than an unseen bread.

Is it even confirmed that the ZMAPP cures the disease or only helps to manage it like HIV antiretrovirals

Besides Ebola kills within 2wks after contact. Have the lagos state government considered how many patients will die before ZMAPP arrives
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Adiwana: 8:51am On Aug 16, 2014
Missy89: Nigerians can overreact eh!

Why use patients as lab rats on a drug that was developed by vague scientist?
so american scientists have 2 heads?i have said it,untill we learn to appreciate wat we hav,Nigeria is still a long way of being wat we want..ode

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by iamord(m): 8:52am On Aug 16, 2014
Symphony007: Your government came to you and said a "nigerian scientist in diaspora" donated this drug. Who knows his name, his company, which country exactly is he in?....when you administer an untested drug on patients and rather than cure the virus, multiply it and even make it airbone, who will you run to?

U make brain bro. People just adding sentiments to their 2+2..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by thewarrior72: 8:53am On Aug 16, 2014
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by otalenu(m): 8:53am On Aug 16, 2014
These guys don't have a single point to back up their argument at all. What prevent them from testing the drug on monkeys to know if it is really harmful to human health or not...des guys av been brain-washed.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by iamord(m): 8:54am On Aug 16, 2014
amnestylaw1:

Now that was inhumane. Why would they infect monkey? To test on an innocent animal who did not contribute negatively to our messed planet? Let them test on the patients, not the animals. Animal testing is cruel.

Hehehe! Probably we will test it on u! You go beg for amnesty tire..shebi na your name b that

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by henryobinna(m): 8:54am On Aug 16, 2014
BedLam: Do you have a picture or video clip of a Yankee scientist testing ZMAPP on monkeys?
then what did they use. abi them just wake up, administer on some body? are you this daft?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Missy89(f): 8:55am On Aug 16, 2014
Adiwana: so american scientists have 2 heads?i have said it,untill we learn to appreciate wat we hav,Nigeria is still a long way of being wat we want..ode

maybe you cant read or you are a pure m0ron. do you have the test results from the drug trials? or because you are trying to accept a home grown drug, it shouldn't be scrutinized? and be injected into patients without enough information?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by ilotriouzAY(m): 8:55am On Aug 16, 2014
Pesticide or ebola cure,all dat matters is dat dey sud test it...shikena
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by thewarrior72: 8:57am On Aug 16, 2014
Pataki:

Sugomu. When scientist were busy maki coolng headway in research, your so-called Professors were foolishly telling you bitter kolanuts was a vaccine for ebola.

As if the foolishness was not enough, you all foolishly again believed salt and warm water was a vaccine.

Now what this time? A pesticide?

Are you a zombie?

Partisanship has rendered ur brain useless, a slave that reject freedom undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 8:57am On Aug 16, 2014
Dontintin: Please people don't jump on the band wagon of fear and panic and allow false info to go round. Read this......
https://twitter.com/saharareporters/status/500489697802846208
Although Nanosilver is relatively safe, with its most common side effect being argyria- a condition that turns the skin blue or bluish-grey, and worth trying in Ebola patients, there is no record showing it to neither be an experimental drug for Ebola nor an invention of a Nigerian scientist. Nevertheless, the Scientist who sent the medication should be commended. This is setting the record straight.

Professor Edward Oparaoji  is a US-Based Critical Care Pharmacologist & Pharmaceutical Research Scientis
http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/15/%E2%80%9Cexperimental-ebola-drug%E2%80%9D-let%E2%80%99s-set-record-straight
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Pataki: 8:58am On Aug 16, 2014
BedLam: Olodo! ZMAPP or whatever is just a name! It could be some "arrangee" Nano-silver whatever, shebi no be your mate be professor? If e easy go bring your formula.

You haven't still told me how you confirmed it to be a pesticide though.

Or I could as well say ZMAPP IS PESTICIDE TOO!

Singing Fela.......

Zombie oh, zombie!

Zombie no go come, unless you tell am to come - zombie!

Zombie no go go, unless you tell am to go - zombie!

For a drug to be scientifically accepted, it has to have been tested.

So Mr. Zombie, show us whom or who the FG pesticide has been tested upon?!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by mekadinho(f): 8:58am On Aug 16, 2014
supersun1: Why use a "probably" effective drug on patients, when the certainly effective drug exists. Lagos state took a right decision in safeguarding the life of it's citizens. I still have a strong feeling that there is a controversy behind the Virus' presence in Nigeria.Before you post, ask yourself these 10 questions;
1. Why was the Liberian allowed to leave his country and travel to Nigeria, was he sent here as a transporter of the EVD?

2.Why was the Liberian not deported upon realization of his EVD status?

3.If quarantine means "A quarantine is used to separate and restrict the movement of persons; it is a 'state of enforced isolation'."(Wiki). How then did the Liberian embarked on his trip, and how did the nurse who was alleged to have left Lagos for Enugu with the EVD?

4.Why haven't the Federal Government subsidised or even make free Hand Sanitizers?

5. Why did the president sack 16,000 Doctors, simply because they were demanding protective materials against the EVD?

6. I have been to outfits here in Abuja, especially Cafes, Restauurants and Bars where Hand Sanitizers are kept on each table for the free use of customers. Why then is the price of Hand Sanitizers increasing on a daily basis, with no regulation?

7.Has the GoodLuck campaign team or that of his opponents thought of it that giving Nigerians free Hand Sanitizers instead of rice is a brilliant Campaign Strategy?

8. Has any company; Mtn, Etisalat, Glo, Coca Cola, Pepsi etc Thought of winning customers by giving Nigerians free Hand Sanitizers?

9. Has any religious organization thought of preaching the gospel through Hand Sanitizers?

10. Has anybody thought of starting a business that prints only on hand saniters, because right now; after mobile phones, Hand saniters are becoming the most common items you find in people's pockets and handbags?
Must you comment? Its better to read and get d f..uck out, than a si..lly write-up.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by amnestylaw1(m): 8:58am On Aug 16, 2014
iamord:

Hehehe! Probably we will test it on u! You go beg for amnesty tire..shebi na your name b that

Yes, if I were to be infected with the virus, the most sensible and logical thing would be for the scientists to try it on me after getting my consent. Afteral, my chances of survival after contracting the virus is somewhat low.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by BekeeBuAgbara: 8:59am On Aug 16, 2014
Symphony007: Your government came to you and said a "nigerian scientist in diaspora" donated this drug. Who knows his name, his company, which country exactly is he in?....when you administer an untested drug on patients and rather than cure the virus, multiply it and even make it airbone, who will you run to?
Did they tell you that the manufacturer address is not written on the label? The herbs our forefathers used, which scientist tested them?
As of today ebola has no drug, What can be the worst result of administering experimental drug to an ebola patient? Death, what happens to an untreated ebola patient? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Missy89(f): 8:59am On Aug 16, 2014
publicenemy:

WELL THEY ARE DYING? IF THE MZAPP DOESNT COME ON TIME THOSE CLOSE TO DEATH MIGHT AS WELL BE USED TO TEST IT ,THATS IF THEY CONSENT TO IT. BESIDES THE ZMAPP IS STILL BEING TESTED SO THE LAB RAT THING GOES BOTH WAYS. MZAPP AND THE NIGERIAN VACCINE.

Mzapp is being tested but it had good trial results before it was used on humans. how can you expect someone that is about to die give you consent to a drug?. they are not in a clear state of mind and even if you bring mirinda, they will take. the state health authorities needs to consider the effect this untested drug will have first and weigh the pros and cons. its not the time to be emotional because people are dying
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by soulglo: 8:59am On Aug 16, 2014
Why don't you just pee in a cup and give it to federal government to approve for Ebola. You are accusing people of inferiority complex yet you're the one who has a complex. Yeah go ahead give people anything as long as you can brag that it is Nigerian made. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Tundeiab(m): 8:59am On Aug 16, 2014
HAH:

Tell me who was cured by Dr Abalaka of AIDS, all we have are desperados and fraudsters trying to scam gullible Nigeria at desperate times with fake drug or treatment.

Just tell me one drug that Nigerian pharmacologist invented to the medical world.

This is how one quack will give you otapiapia as ebola cure and you take it.
Google nano on YouTube.com a white doctor affirmed the fact that nano cures ebola. Although we are a sovereign state we are still be being pushed around by d white. America said something, the next thing you believe with out verification. Abalaka is in the past lets face the future.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Symphony007: 9:00am On Aug 16, 2014
chimkaire: someone suggested trying it out on a monkey...maybe, you didn't get to read that sad
why did'nt the manufacturer do that? Is that the duty of the nigerian govt? Did we create the drug. Do we have the blueprints of the drugs production for us to measure it's efficacy after tests?....SMH

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 16, 2014
henryobinna: and you think America will send you/us Zmapp?
I doubt it cos they'll definitely want something in return. which is neither your oil nor your money...

I dont think they would either. I'm just saying I know Fashola would never support the use of the trial drugs.
what beats my imagination is the way these people (US) volunteered to help us with the US troop for the Chibok girls thingy (which they never helped us find anyways) and now cant help us with the drugs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative / Swollen Testicles: My Right Egg Is 3 Times The Size Of My Left Egg, Help / Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.