Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver (38215 Views)

First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US / BREAKING: Different Ebola Trial Drug Arrives Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by gebest: 9:27am On Aug 16, 2014
lekanolas: The Lagos State Government has declared its resolve not to use any drug other than the American ZMAPP for the Ebola patients in its custody.

The Commissioner of Health, Dr Jide idris, disclosed this on Friday.

As at Friday evening, it was still sketchy if the drug has arrived the shores of Nigeria.

Dr Idris said the Nano Silver being suggested by the Federal Government by a Nigerian scientist is a natural health product and the state is not ready to take chances with the health of the patients at all.

“Should we have access to ZMAPP now, right away, we will start the administration on the patients.

“We are attending a meeting soon with the Task Force on Ebola to know if the ZMAPP drug is available as stated by the Federal government,”Idris said.

Meanwhile, Idris disclosed yesterday that First Consultant Hospital where the first case of EVD occurred would be reopened soon.

This, he said, followed the mandatory three rounds of state certified decontamination process.

He said the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Clinic, was shut after the detection of a confirmed case of the disease at the facility.

He said the state would facilitate the decontamination process of the clinic, adding: “25 patients and health workers at the facility when the case was detected are presently under surveillance.”.

http://www.newsday.com.ng/lagos-rejects-ebola-trial-drug-nano-silver/
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by continentalceo(m): 9:27am On Aug 16, 2014
Pataki: Foolish Nigerians.

Nano-silver is a pesticide. FG killing Nigerians massively since 2010.

It is you and your family that manufactured the pesticide shebi! Civilisation is the cause of all this rubbish! Now a motor park agbero has access to mobile internet to type rubbish on nairaland! Guy face your business cus nairaland is for learned minds and not motor park thugs...ok!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by gebest: 9:28am On Aug 16, 2014
lekanolas: The Lagos State Government has declared its resolve not to use any drug other than the American ZMAPP for the Ebola patients in its custody.

The Commissioner of Health, Dr Jide idris, disclosed this on Friday.

As at Friday evening, it was still sketchy if the drug has arrived the shores of Nigeria.

Dr Idris said the Nano Silver being suggested by the Federal Government by a Nigerian scientist is a natural health product and the state is not ready to take chances with the health of the patients at all.

“Should we have access to ZMAPP now, right away, we will start the administration on the patients.

“We are attending a meeting soon with the Task Force on Ebola to know if the ZMAPP drug is available as stated by the Federal government,”Idris said.

Meanwhile, Idris disclosed yesterday that First Consultant Hospital where the first case of EVD occurred would be reopened soon.

This, he said, followed the mandatory three rounds of state certified decontamination process.

He said the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Clinic, was shut after the detection of a confirmed case of the disease at the facility.

He said the state would facilitate the decontamination process of the clinic, adding: “25 patients and health workers at the facility when the case was detected are presently under surveillance.”.

http://www.newsday.com.ng/lagos-rejects-ebola-trial-drug-nano-silver/
america say dey wil nt giv us their own so lets make use of our own after all d patients has nothing to loose.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Sunkyphil(m): 9:28am On Aug 16, 2014
let dem kip waiting for d zmapp dat will never come,if any one dies again their blood is on govt's head;woudlnt it av been better if it was tried
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:29am On Aug 16, 2014
hollandis:

Shut the hell up,zmapp did not work for the spanish priest and you are even from lagos-fuccckk offf
ZMapp did not work on the Spanish Priest is because it arrived too late.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by jagaban1: 9:32am On Aug 16, 2014
thewarrior72: So because USA said it is a pesticide, u & believed it?, ur own slavery & gullibity is epic.

"It is had to deliver slaves from the chain they revered so much"

USA IS BETTER THAN NIGERIA IN ALL RAMIFICATIONS AND YOUR PAYMASTER ATTESTED TO IT.

SO YOU EXPECT LAGOS GOVERNMENT TO PROVE USA WRONG ON HUMANS LIFE.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by pacretus(m): 9:32am On Aug 16, 2014
[quote author=Ashuale]If nigerian youths are still thinking like this, then truly THERE WAS A COUNTRY.
[/quot
YES thier was indeed a country were u came from wat happend to ur country eyaaa sorry.but as for me nd nigerians we will hav a country dat is about to b a major world power soonest.reject dats ur own.as for me nd nigeria which d lord has giving me as my homecountry WE WILL SERVE D LORD
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by jagaban1: 9:32am On Aug 16, 2014
thewarrior72: So because USA said it is a pesticide, u & believed it?, ur own slavery & gullibity is epic.

"It is had to deliver slaves from the chain they revered so much"

USA IS BETTER THAN NIGERIA IN ALL RAMIFICATIONS AND YOUR PAYMASTER ATTESTED TO IT.

THIS IS NOT MATTER OF SLAVE
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Youngzedd(m): 9:33am On Aug 16, 2014
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Haishophem(m): 9:35am On Aug 16, 2014
Does that mean that we have no scientist that can test the effectiveness of Nanosilver, as done with Zmapp on monkeys. Inferiority complex @ it's highest order. The western world wants this and it's happening already, they want African countries to come begging for the drug after launching out this EVD attack on the continent. Even if there's a certified drug from NAFDAC for EVD and un certified from America's FDA then does mean that Lagos state govt will reject same?
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by pacretus(m): 9:36am On Aug 16, 2014
nigerians know this that all this matters will matter when they matter most be it ebola or boko haram.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by abworld6deep(m): 9:36am On Aug 16, 2014
We are loosing it again. Zmapp that seems flawless may as well contained some harmful chemotherapy substances like this Nano Silver.
Government should at least do a lab test with blood sample for quick reactions n resolution. This can save us a lot. Time is not on our side any longer...We are talking about human here please.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 16, 2014
[size=13pt]Fashola for President!! Now thats a proactive leader[/size]
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by oluwasegunfummi: 9:37am On Aug 16, 2014
jagaban1:

this statement is coming from a lowlife inferior maggot, don't take him serious, keep looking down on yourself.........eko o ni baje oooo cool

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by stevecantrell: 9:37am On Aug 16, 2014
Dr Idris, just make sure none of these patients die in the name of political correctness.
I know you went to Columbia University and you are playing it like they would expect you to.

Just don't let any of these patients die while waiting for the 'magic serum'.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by phreakabit(m): 9:38am On Aug 16, 2014
So doing nothing is better than something?

http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/179/Supplement_1/S18.full?sid=b139b993-6946-4bf7-a999-9fc837193bda

In the link below Congolese doctors treated patients with an experimental method that worked. Funny thing is thy hid it from foreign aid workers, for fear of having their trial treatment suppressed. If the Lagos state government were any smarter than apes, they'd conduct test before concluding based on USA's comments.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 16, 2014
all searches for nano silver on the internet point to the fact that it is an antibacterial agent.

there is nothing that says it has any effects on viruses

this bizarre chest beating and blathering about the US and the west is simply highlighting the arrogant ignorance of africans

it is the same way people are making a killing selling antibacterial handwash [which will not destroy the ebola virus] as protection

the same noise-makers on the front pages of this thread probably all rushed for the salt water therapy scam

there is a real problem in our schools, where people are not taught critical reasoning of any kind

the nigerian government has failed to come forward to officially refute any of the issues raised on nano silver

they are instead relying on their online army of poorly educated touts to push nano silver as the new snake oil

knowing the fg, billions have gone into the procurement

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Amack(m): 9:38am On Aug 16, 2014
I will blame APC,fashola,thiefunubu if another ebola patient die for not accepting nano silver. Make them wait eternity for humusexual obama to send them Zmapp.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by continentalceo(m): 9:39am On Aug 16, 2014
Symphony007: Your government came to you and said a "nigerian scientist in diaspora" donated this drug. Who knows his name, his company, which country exactly is he in?....when you administer an untested drug on patients and rather than cure the virus, multiply it and even make it airbone, who will you run to?

Shut-up! just shut-up! did the lagos state government say anyfin about testing the drug first before administration? The only thing they just said was that they will not administer the drug. They prefer to wait for the Zmapp which america is not ready to give.. If lagos state government had welcomed the drug and had subjected it to trial then we won't condemn them. But No, they just completely rejected it... So don't come here and spill rubbish..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by chinakobo(m): 9:39am On Aug 16, 2014
HAH: The person that developed that nano is a fraud just like Dr Abalaka that said he can cure AIDS in 1999-2000

How dare you come here and lay vague claims against a man you know nothing about. I suggest you withdraw your post.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by jagaban1: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2014
oluwasegunfummi: this statement is coming from a lowlife inferior maggot, don't take him serious, keep looking down on yourself.........eko o ni baje oooo cool

AFRICA IS LAGGING BEHIND
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by duni04(m): 9:40am On Aug 16, 2014
Haishophem: Does that mean that we have no scientist that can test the effectiveness of Nanosilver, as done with Zmapp on monkeys. Inferiority complex @ it's highest order. The western world wants this and it's happening already, they want African countries to come begging for the drug after launching out this EVD attack on the continent. Even if there's a certified drug from NAFDAC for EVD and un certified from America's FDA then does mean that Lagos state govt will reject same?
There is no way NAFDAC will even certify that Nanosilver scam because there is no literature on its use for treatment of ebola either in apes or humans. Its a bloody scam! Honestly i must applaud the ingenuity of this yet nameless "Nigerian in the diaspora" scammer. He has succeded in scamming an entire country! Incredible!
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by cocoduck: 9:41am On Aug 16, 2014
duni04:
A study published in November 2013, found that Ebola virus infected macaque monkeys survived after being given a therapy with a combination of 3 EBOV-GP-specific monoclonal antibodies (ZMAb), within 24 hours of infection. Also, two of four other monkeys that started therapy within 48 hours after infection also survived. The authors concluded that post-exposure treatment and a second lethal exposure after 10 and 13 weeks resulted in a robust immune response. (wikipedia)
The spanish priest probably died because his treatment with zmapp started late or he was too old ( he was 75) for his body to provide any immune response to the virus.

Please can you provide any literature on the treatment of ebola with Nanosilver?
A study. look at your mouth. a study. 1diot. your slave masters have told you what to do and you lick their a55
bastardos

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by henryobinna(m): 9:43am On Aug 16, 2014
Tashamania:

I dont think they would either. I'm just saying I know Fashola would never support the use of the trial drugs.
what beats my imagination is the way these people (US) volunteered to help us with the US troop for the Chibok girls thingy (which they never helped us find anyways) and now cant help us with the drugs
Fashola refusing this test drug shows he's daft(IMO) at least it should have been tested on maybe monkeys before refusal, this just shows he's ignorant and unwilling to learn new things but depends on some 'saviour' from the pit of hell.
let me stop here...

now pertaining America rushing to help us on chibok issue... hehehe...
those guys are the oppressors. if you followed their everything(including arrival in nigeria) pertaining chibok rescue. you'll know that they wanted to bring their drones here (Imagine!) to put us under surveillance and you know we'll be perpetually under them if the drone stuff was accepted. so they had to go cos there's nothing again to gain from naija.

hope you get my 'rant'

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by DonaldGenes(m): 9:43am On Aug 16, 2014
BedLam: And who the ffuck told you that? US abi? Stay here and wait for them to come give you cure! Olodo!

Lmao! I like this dude

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 16, 2014
hollandis:
Shut the hell up,zmapp did not work for the spanish priest and you are even from lagos-fuccckk offf

Look if ur gonna argue, make it logica, cos u say fvck off doesnt mean u got any point, bring out ur own research on nano silver and stop barking.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by ayukdaboss(m): 9:45am On Aug 16, 2014
hollandis: I can kill fashola now and his health commisioner who am sure is a lasu graduate.Is zmapp not a trial drug,useless people.I have washed my hand from this matter
Zmapp was tested on monkeys first...it showed positive signs that is why it was administered to the US doctors. Are you the one who tested nano-silver?? It's just like me picking a leaf from a bush and giving you to eat for your malaria with no tests at all..will you eat it? undecided
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by HAH: 9:45am On Aug 16, 2014
chinakobo:

How dare you come here and lay vague claims against a man you know nothing about. I suggest you withdraw your post.

I know Dr Abalaka, for your information he now sells ice block in gwagwalada

And can you point to one person he cured of AIDS

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Amhappy(f): 9:45am On Aug 16, 2014
This is a matter of life and death. A health supplement is not bad for this people. We can try it on one most critical person. And Lagos state are not the one to take such decision,where is the ministry of health and NAFDAC in all this.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by oluwasegunfummi: 9:46am On Aug 16, 2014
jagaban1:

AFRICA IS LAGGING BEHIND
you and fashola are everlasting heddiot, people like you are the reason why africa is backward, africa has fine breed of scientists abroad, go and tell you co heddiot fashola that, if you and that m0ron fashola understands science both of you will know its possible for even a nigerian student to serendipitously discover the cure for ebola by using plant extracts. F00lish you and f00lish fashola, or rather F00LISHOLA..........eko o ni baje oooo cool

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by thewarrior72: 9:47am On Aug 16, 2014
Tashamania:

I dont think they would either. I'm just saying I know Fashola would never support the use of the trial drugs.
what beats my imagination is the way these people (US) volunteered to help us with the US troop for the Chibok girls thingy (which they never helped us find anyways) and now cant help us with the drugs

Who told u USA came to help u locate/rescue the abducted girls?. For ur information US came to bastardise this country, but unfortunately for them, there was no such loophole to do so & they left without informing the nation.

USA mission in Africa is not to liberate or open up Africa to the rest of the word, but to make them perpetual slave & manipulate their destinies to suit them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Have The Feeling To Urinate After Every One Hour, Please Help A Sister / Swollen Testicles: My Right Egg Is 3 Times The Size Of My Left Egg, Help / Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.