Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary - Forum Games (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary (26074 Views)

Drop A Seven Lettered Word And We'll Make Three New Words From It. / WORD GAME:::: Form A Word With Any Place In The World With The Last Letter / WORD GAME: Write An English Word That Starts With 't' And Ends With 't' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
glitest:

A virant spelling of bike
This is how people fail woefullygrin
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Emmybreezy(m): 6:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
Flair
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by AdeniyiA(m): 6:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
monatim:

extemporaneous = without preparation or advanced thought.

oya my own is serendipity
is also similar to extemporaneous, it Aso could mean SUDDENLY cool
Oya mine own is QUADRIPLEGICAL
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by AdeniyiA(m): 6:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
Emmybreezy: Flair
i don't have acting flair cool (talent/gift)
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 17, 2014
JayTeeA:

ma'am.. one word please and define d word bfr urs bfr u give it..

Copied.

+ I'm a dude. Joan is unisex smiley
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by JayTeeA(f): 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
AdeniyiA:
is also similar to extemporaneous, it Aso could mean SUDDENLY cool
Oya mine own is QUADRIPLEGICAL

the state of being paralyzed on both arms and legs..

anoda frm me is manque
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by JayTeeA(f): 6:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
Joannes347:

Copied.

+ I'm a dude. Joan is unisex smiley

oooops really sorry bout dat.. bt dis just reminded me of a scene frm kungfu panda 2 cheesy .. my sincere apologies again...

1 Like

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by hakeem4(m): 6:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
Oloksy
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by AdeniyiA(m): 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2014
JayTeeA:

the state of being paralyzed on both arms and legs..

anoda frm me is manque
i pray for you Miss(?) JayTeeA, you will not live a manque life. cool
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by CokerAnne(f): 6:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
Taramasalata
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Kentnickole(m): 6:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
Stunner1:

Erroneous means false or untrue
Didnt check d dico for dis

Mine is
Ignominy

Ignominy means great shame or scandal

Mine is:
Juggernaut
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by JayTeeA(f): 7:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
AdeniyiA:
i pray for you Mr JayTeeA, you will not live a manque life. cool

grin grin grin ... Amen!..lool.. bt still define it in a direct english sentence pls.. and d "f" stands for female hun
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by LynForward: 7:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
GreyBlood: o boy! U r bad o grin
Apodyopsis: the mental undressing of a person, the erotic fantasizing of women undressing, imagining women naked, undressing women mentally shocked shocked shocked

*i've learnt something bad today o and I won't forget it* smiley a dishonest person, a swindler, trickster

*funny enough I've never come across these 2 words before, they seem strange. I've to use an online dictionary to bail myself*

grin Hw abt "Nazlanmak" as a word...
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by AdeniyiA(m): 7:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
JayTeeA:

grin grin grin ... Amen!..lool.. bt still define it in a direct english sentence pls.. and d "f" stands for female hun

oops!.. sooo sowi
*edited.
manque - unfulfilled / failure

1 Like

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
My own is "connundrum"
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by kropelgrada(m): 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hmm..see adults dey play primary school children play for nairaland...we go soon dey hear let's play 'make a big circle' and 'who is in the garden' for here if time is not taken..joblessness dey true true
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by AdeniyiA(m): 7:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
gamification cool
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Tundeiab(m): 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
JayTeeA: lets play a game... *I hope its fun..

Drop a word that will make someone check their dictionary and the person below gives its meaning and then drops his word too...

#leggo

mine is Odoriferous..lolz
Lemme think...hmmm

Let's seeeee

Ebolalitisis.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Stunner1(f): 8:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
Goodkidd: My own is "connundrum"

Its conundrum and it means difficulty/riddle

Mine is
Proclivity
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Stunner1(f): 8:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
Kentnickole:

Ignominy means great shame or scandal

Mine is:
Juggernaut

Juggernaut means powerful or large

Mine is
Sluice
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Kentnickole(m): 8:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
Tundeiab:
Lemme think...hmmm

Let's seeeee

Ebolalitisis.

Ebolalitisis (informally annexed), not yet approvd by BBC but means an inflamation of body system immunity by a virus knwn as Ebola.

Source: Kent's lib.

1 Like

Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Stunner1(f): 8:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
AdeniyiA: gamification cool

Gamification is the use of game thinking and game mechanics in non-game contexts to engage users in solving problems... Na so wiki talk ohhh smiley
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Kentnickole(m): 8:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
Stunner1:

Juggernaut means powerful or large

Mine is
Sluice

Sluice means an opening or channel through which anything flows.

Mine is:
Sequester
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by JayTeeA(f): 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
Kentnickole:

Mine is:
Sequester
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by JayTeeA(f): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
Kentnickole:

Mine is:
Sequester

hehehe... and to think that some people are defining des words from their heads.. woaw...

sequester. .. to set apart from others or keep away frm others...

mine... Obstreperous
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Kentnickole(m): 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
JayTeeA:

hehehe... and to think that some people are defining des words from their heads.. woaw...

sequester. .. to set apart from others or keep away frm others...

mine... Obstreperous

Obstreperous means tumultuous noise

Mine is:
Contingent
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by JayTeeA(f): 8:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
Kentnickole:

Obstreperous means tumultuous noise

Mine is:
Contingent

uncertain because of uncontrollable circumstances. .

pulchritude
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Kentnickole(m): 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
JayTeeA:

pulchritude

Physical beauty

Penultimate
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by AdeniyiA(m): 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
Stunner1:

Gamification is the use of game thinking and game mechanics in non-game contexts to engage users in solving problems... Na so wiki talk ohhh smiley
busted! ..cheesy u wikied it smiley
oya check dis out, FRACKING
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Stunner1(f): 9:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
AdeniyiA:
busted! ..cheesy u wikied it smiley
oya check dis out, FRACKING

Yes naa i already said so

Fracking has to do with hydraulics naaa

Mine is
Dactylogam
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Kentnickole(m): 9:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
JayTeeA:

pulchritude

Physical beauty.

Penultimate.
Re: Drop A Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Stunner1(f): 9:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
Kentnickole:

Mine is:
Sequester

Hmmm 1st word ive not come across
Nice one
Google says it means isolation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bible Quiz Game / Introduce Yourself With Something That Almost Killed You / Post Your First Ever Comment On Nairaland Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.