Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage (55372 Views)

Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? / 7 Ways To Get Your Man To Propose Marriage To You / What Is Best Way To Propose Marriage To Your Girlfriend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by cc150615(f): 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
babyosisi:

Most men love their mothers to pieces and won't show just any girl to her
I am not saying the man is a marriage material but most men that will introduce their mom to a girl has something permanent in mind.
Doesn't mean other situations can't make them change their minds after she has been introduced
Men just don't just take a girl to say mom,this is my latest catch
No
It is often to say in unspoken words " mom,look at this girl,do you like her,I would like her to be your daughter in law "

And men who truly want marriage and wants her to pass the approval test will give that girl tips for that first meeting about
How to act
What their mother likes etc

babe you're talking from an ideal point of view,ideal guys are scarce o!

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by cc150615(f): 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
anitank: Even if he takes you to meet his ancestors, don't get too comfortable. Some guys shows all the right signs because that's what you want to see......all na format. Ladies be guided
You got me rotfl, his ancestors kwa!

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by san316(m): 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
Onyiido: Another thread in the making, i swear marriage don suffer ooo
sometimes they make it look like the guys are the cowards and are not willing to commit. The fact is that marriage is a lifelong contract. So many gals dnt exhibit features that wld portray them as wifeable materials. What abt dat?
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
Always pesimistic.Too acidic.You condemn a lot.
MadCow1:

Stupidly reetarded.. grin

Mbok.. This marriage matter is getting ridiculous by the day.. Too much gaddanm emphasis on the matter.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by MadCow1: 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
sweetylicious: Always pesimistic.Too acidic.You condemn a lot.

Lol... Really!

I didn't have the slightest clue.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Missmossy(f): 9:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
The world will be a better place to live if only some ladies come to agree to the fact that not all men are marriage-inclined. Some men are for the 'lets have fun',' a visit to the cinema' thingycheesy you just have to thread softly.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
kennygee: He always makes excuses to avoid taking you with him for his Family event (Maybe cause he is serious with someone else the family is aware of).

Keke in fact am ready to show you my great great great ancestors tombs.... Talk less of the living ones!
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by HARDDON: 9:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
freecocoa: I don't think all these really apply in the real world o( not all at least).

Any man who is out to deceive a lady will even go as far as giving her an engagement ring, all to continue shining her Kongo or whatever it is he wants her for besides marriage, one just has to keep hoping/praying not to end up in the wrong hands.

I'm not saying "ignore the signs" no, there are definitely red flags but these articles always make it sound like you can outrightly tell a serious/unserious man by following a guidebook.

n unfortunately, marriage/r/ship guild-book authors crack divorce like fish gulp water.

to each his own. cos marriage is d only sch they give u certificate way b4 d lessons, tests n exams
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by spiralwedge(m): 10:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
kennygee: He always makes excuses to avoid taking you with him for his Family event (Maybe cause he is serious with someone else the family is aware of).

hahhaha grin Kenny, is this a true life experience? it might just be the gal wohwoh
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
It is so sweet when the ladies chase you around for marriage.

But you still discover some lady who you really want to marry keeps behaving like a kid till you lose interest and when you lose interest, she starts running around kneeling down for you. She wants it at her own time. That's only when its right for her.

Girls should grow sense..
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Emeka71(m): 10:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
exactly
Yomieluv: Op,you are looking at it from the men's side only,what if the lady doesn't possess marriageable characteristics?
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by tana4gud(f): 10:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
*Speechless*.......God help us!!!
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by TOYNEX(f): 10:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
we don hear...
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by tana4gud(f): 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
*speechless*....God help us!!!
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Sascosee: 11:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
NairaMode: Our girls will see the signs yet they would pretend they did not see it so why bother tell them.
Girls are stubborn, they learn from experience.
They would agree with me that this is true.

Talking about marriage sef. Is marriage a sweet experience? Read below:
www.nairamode.com/2014/02/a-friend-of-mine-coming-back-from-uk-is.html?m=1
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by skyprofm(m): 11:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
freecocoa: I don't think all these really apply in the real world o( not all at least).

Any man who is out to deceive a lady will even go as far as giving her an engagement ring, all to continue shining her Kongo or whatever it is he wants her for besides marriage, one just has to keep hoping/praying not to end up in the wrong hands.

I'm not saying "ignore the signs" no, there are definitely red flags but these articles always make it sound like you can outrightly tell a serious/unserious man by following a guidebook.
Most sensible opinion I've seen so far. Nice one

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
QUINEDO: can you also wait for her without having sex with her.

That area is even one of the points where she may even decide to hold against the man. Who doesn't know that the modern day woman is over-sexed nowadays. If the man decides not to make a move concerning sex, you women would say he is either gay or sexually inadequate. E no dey hard for women to draw unnecessary conclusions these days.

And to answer your question...YES I CAN BECAUSE SEX IS NOT THE MAIN BASIS FOR A RELATIONSHIP. But funny enough, when a man decides to do that, she will have another guy by the side ravaging her "garden" so what's the point?
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Onyiido: 12:00am On Aug 21, 2014
san316: sometimes they make it look like the guys are the cowards and are not willing to commit. The fact is that marriage is a lifelong contract. So many gals dnt exhibit features that wld portray them as wifeable materials. What abt dat?
On point dear. Some can't even tell the difference between a wedding and marriage. Most of them feel when they get into the marriage institution, then they'll start planning on how to live in that marriage . Some also don't plan cuz they are not yet ready for marriage, that's why the rate of divorce is very high. I pity all these gullible gals out there wey dem go wash clean wella.
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 21, 2014
MadCow1:

Hahaha hahaha. ..

Na there you go shock pass shock absorber. You go meet my entire family tree, climb am, do jangolova on top and ............. The only ring we you go see na Lord of the Ring DVD. grin

You sef
The eye wey I dey look you,you fit rent fake parents sef
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Kirinwa: 5:00am On Aug 21, 2014
Houseofglam7: Hmmmmm......this gat me thinking.....

No, you are in a relationship o so stop thinking.
A guy will lock up a lady in a relationship for 4 years.

She ll keep telling other guys that she's in a relationship.
After 7 years that guy will leave her and then she knows she's 42 years old.
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by jamesbridget13(f): 6:32am On Aug 21, 2014
dammytosh:

Hope you are not making excuses for your Boy Friend for few points. Investigate him well ooo.

grin grin grin grin Just kidding.

Life is not 1 + 1 = 2. It works for some, it won't work for some.
lolzzzzz, yes dear. thank God u knw life is not 1+1=2. Even pertaining to my bf, some points there re true. But i want us to understand dat when it is time, it is time.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 21, 2014
Now you have
MadCow1:

Lol... Really!

I didn't have the slightest clue.
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 21, 2014
smartchoice:

Keke in fact am ready to show you my great great great ancestors tombs.... Talk less of the living ones!

Lol, abeg o, i cant shout for zombies o.
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 21, 2014
spiralwedge:

hahhaha grin Kenny, is this a true life experience? it might just be the gal wohwoh

A joint book of experiences from me and several other ladies o.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by MadCow1: 8:37am On Aug 21, 2014
sweetylicious: Now you have

Well..

The post is still highly speculative so it equates to crap.

Signs that he is not going to propose marriage!? Nigga puleeeeze. grin

There is no such thing as that. Rather than look for signs that can be very decieving, be forward and direct. Ask him; Are we ever gonna get married?! angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by poik(m): 9:19am On Aug 21, 2014
God says water, man says coca cola, fruit juice and squash
God says horse and camel, man insists on aeroplanes and cars
God says Marriage, man says dating and boyfriend/girlfriend

A lot of trouble will be avoided if we will for once let things be the way God made them be
Believe you me, a lot of psychologists and pros will be out of business if we just stuck to Gods way of doing things.
This guesswork will be unnecessary if whoever is concerned will just wait on God prayerfully for a husband.
The devil has really cheated us.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nessa12(f): 9:45am On Aug 21, 2014
This is too much.. I cant even read it

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 21, 2014
kennygee:

Lol, abeg o, i cant shout for zombies o.
Simply means no one has a PURER mission for you than I....
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2014
prince3009:

That area is even one of the points where she may even decide to hold against the man. Who doesn't know that the modern day woman is over-sexed nowadays. If the man decides not to make a move concerning sex, you women would say he is either gay or sexually inadequate. E no dey hard for women to draw unnecessary conclusions these days.

And to answer your question...YES I CAN BECAUSE SEX IS NOT THE MAIN BASIS FOR A RELATIONSHIP. But funny enough, when a man decides to do that, she will have another guy by the side ravaging her "garden" so what's the point?

#just your thought#
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by linababy(f): 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
He Has Strong intimate Needs
A guy who places great emphasis on sex and considers it the most important part of a relationship is unlikely to settle for a single partner. Gone are the days when men could be baited into marriage on the lure of sex. The dissociation of sex and marriage as well as intimate freedom for women has also made it easier for men to keep sleeping around unless they wish to marry for other reasons. And if your boyfriend has a large intimate appetite, it is unlikely to be satisfied by a single person.
He will sooner or later get tired of being with you and move on to someone else he can go to bed with.

U can have sex wit a guy on d first date and get dumped for marriage. U can wait a year and get dumped d day u did it. Jst pray for d right one.guys have no manual....

3 Likes

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by zeongeon: 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
Why won't men be scared of proposing marriage to women...Infact as a woman ur default expectation these days should be he isn't going to propose to me no need for looking out for signs.

With rate of immorality and moral decadence where women do things meant for huSbands with like 20 different guyz or more, some have even lost count, some have been involved in countless abortion, while most don't even understand the term "marriage" they have so many unrealistic expectations they expect the man to meet.

U want a man to propose to u when u can't even respect urself and have made urself a mere object for sexual gratification..some they have been screw and banged on all the types of mouka foams,vita foams, ordinary mat, carton and even bare ground like animal.

Some don't even know what they want very indecisive and have commitment problems and won't hesitate to bang at least 5 guys while even dating there fiancee.

Some live for the moment if as a guy u don't have a car or a promising job to them it means u can never have a car or job again in ur life..To them the term future, prospects and ambition doesn't exist.

Some say they want God fearing man but any God fearing man that comes there way is either boring or isn't there taste.

Some are so rude and lack manners and if ur not careful they will become the MR and turn the guy to the MRS.

The men these days that are banging women 2 days to there marriage or banging women in serious relationship u expect the men to be bold enough to propose to any woman..Fear go they catch the man nah..

The worst is that these days as a man bear in mind that ur wife may have her nude pics or sex video on some guys phone or lap top and that pic and video can surface at anytime..There u see some dude glowing with pride ontop ur wife in d doggy position..

The truth is that women hve so sowed the seeds of deception and mistrust towards men these days that men are scared and are trying to b extremely careful..Men are so careful these days that most ladies don't know that men meet pastors these days for prayers, fasting and counseling concerning any girl they want to be serious with.

A time will come when men won't marry again but will just settle for contracts and baby mama relationship..

TRUST has been killed.

And for the ladies may be when u are able to stick to a guy and mean what u say that ur in a serious relationship even when u hv guyz coming from every angle, I think that will be a good place to start from.

On the flip side there are Good men and women out there and by God's grace every time waster, destiny destroyer or thief that is in ur life in the name of relationship may they get missing in ur life just like the missing malaysian plane.

This world is a kind of hell on its own and men and women are its demons.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by profstar(m): 5:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
MadCow1:

Stupidly reetarded.. grin

Mbok.. This marriage matter is getting ridiculous by the day.. Too much gaddanm emphasis on the matter.

Hmn, no offence pls, but u are a typical example of the kind of guy the OP is referring to, undecided I hope your girl doesn't see you comment to this topic. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hilarious Picture: When The Maga Has Had Enough / Election Couple: See The Man That Proposed To His Woman At A Polling Unit Today / My Girlfriend Threatened To Break Up If I Don't Marry Her Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.