Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage (55365 Views)

Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? / 7 Ways To Get Your Man To Propose Marriage To You / What Is Best Way To Propose Marriage To Your Girlfriend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
babyosisi:

Thiis is the only you need to watch out for,ladies

He could be a divorcee,workaholic,have single friends,doesn't talk much about marriage,engrossed in his work bit if he never talks about his family and has not made plans for you to see them especially his mother and the topic makes him uncomfortable
You are not the marriage choice for him

Meeting his cousins and " relatives" don't count
If his mother is alive and you haven't met her and there is no immediate plans to introduce you to her
You better start looking elsewhere if marriage is what you want

Even this one no longer counts. Some guys are very confused.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by continentalceo(m): 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
Lol...okay nah
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
andromida:

Even this one no longer counts. Some guys are very confused.

Most men love their mothers to pieces and won't show just any girl to her
I am not saying the man is a marriage material but most men that will introduce their mom to a girl has something permanent in mind.
Doesn't mean other situations can't make them change their minds after she has been introduced
Men just don't just take a girl to say mom,this is my latest catch
No
It is often to say in unspoken words " mom,look at this girl,do you like her,I would like her to be your daughter in law "

And men who truly want marriage and wants her to pass the approval test will give that girl tips for that first meeting about
How to act
What their mother likes etc
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by jojomario(m): 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
Onyiibazz: Nawao, i'm beginning to get tired of all this lists, everywhere i go i must jam one, either it's ten ways to be a man or it's 15 ways to peel potatoes or 5 ways to nail a girl on a first date!
pls share the last one with us if you have any.
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Onyiibazz: 5:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
jojomario: pls share the last one with us if you have any.

5 ways to get a girl
- Give her money
- Give her more money
- Give her enough money
- Give her better money
- I said you should give her money o o o o

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
babyosisi:

Most men love their mothers to pieces and won't show just any girl to her
I am not saying the man is a marriage material but most men that will introduce their mom to a girl has something permanent in mind.
Doesn't mean other situations can't make them change their minds after she has been introduced
Men just don't just take a girl to say mom,this is my latest catch
No
It is often to say in unspoken words " mom,look at this girl,do you like her,I would like her to be your daughter in law "

And men who truly want marriage and wants her to pass the approval test will give that girl tips for that first meeting about
How to act
What their mother likes etc

I agree just saying some men are confused and meeting the mom means nothing to them but like you said maybe something happened after the meet.
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by MadCow1: 5:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
babyosisi:

Thiis is the only sign you need to watch out for,ladies

He could be a divorcee,workaholic,have single friends,doesn't talk much about marriage,engrossed in his work and lives off a suitcase but if he hardly talks about his family and has not made plans for you to see them especially his mother and the topic makes him uncomfortable
You are not the marriage choice for him.

Meeting his cousins and " relatives" and friends and people he grew up with doesn't count
If his mother is alive and you haven't met her and there is no immediate plans to introduce you to her
You better start looking elsewhere if marriage is what you want

His Mother?! grin

Kai!!!! Girls..... No wonder they say we guys are wicked. grin
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by anitank(f): 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
hensben: so whats now ur point?.
My point is rules and "signs" doesn't define a relationship. Everyone can't follow the same pathway. Someone might read this thread and lose a life partner because "he doesn't fit in the category of marryable men" whereas he has genuine intentions.

While I agree with some of the op's points, majority of them are arguable..... except just one man possesses all the points mentioned, then I wonder what a reasonable lady would be doing with such person to start with

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by yeamesee(f): 5:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
Thanks op.alatise mi lo m'atise ara re
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by love2nicee: 5:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
So true
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by hensben(m): 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
anitank:
My point is rules and "signs" doesn't define a relationship. Everyone can't follow the same pathway. Someone might read this thread and lose a life partner because "he doesn't fit in the category of marryable men" whereas he has genuine intentions.

While I agree with some of the op's points, majority of them are arguable..... except just one man possesses all the points mentioned, then I wonder what a reasonable lady would be doing with such person to start with
okay i got you now..are you married?
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by anitank(f): 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
hensben: okay i got you now..are you married?
No offense, but what has that got to do with anything
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by hensben(m): 6:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
anitank:
No offense, but what has that got to do with anything
i am just been curious
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by pinkshell(f): 6:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hehehehe!
If una no bad mouth woman, ur day aznt been made. Na wa for u guyz sha!

Yomieluv: Op,you are looking at it from the men's side only,what if the lady doesn't possess marriageable characteristics?
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by anitank(f): 6:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
hensben: i am just been curious
I'll let you figure that out smiley
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by hensben(m): 6:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
anitank:
I'll let you figure it out smiley
how can i do that if you dont tell me yourself..well..
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
MadCow1:

His Mother?! grin

Kai!!!! Girls..... No wonder they say we guys are wicked. grin

Of course nau
Only when she sees mama madcow will the lady cow know that you are serious
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
freecocoa: I don't think all these really apply in the real world o( not all at least).

Any man who is out to deceive a lady will even go as far as giving her an engagement ring, all to continue shining her Kongo or whatever it is he wants her for besides marriage, one just has to keep hoping/praying not to end up in the wrong hands.

I'm not saying "ignore the signs" no, there are definitely red flags but these articles always make it sound like you can outrightly tell a serious/unserious man by following a guidebook.
thou art wise

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Obanz2(f): 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
thanks so much hmmmm I no were I belong
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Wiinnd(m): 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
freecocoa: I don't think all these really apply in the real world o( not all at least).

Any man who is out to deceive a lady will even go as far as giving her an engagement ring, all to continue shining her Kongo or whatever it is he wants her for besides marriage, one just has to keep hoping/praying not to end up in the wrong hands.

I'm not saying "ignore the signs" no, there are definitely red flags but these articles always make it sound like you can outrightly tell a serious/unserious man by following a guidebook.
Please, what do you mean when you say ''continue shining her Kongo''? Make me understand abeg!
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Ephemmm: 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
6.He Does Not take You To Meet His Family

This is an unmistakable sign that a guy is not considering marriage even though he may be dating someone. Men usually discuss their families only with those who are close enough to be let into their inner lives. If your boyfriend has never suggested that you meet his parents and even appears to be uncomfortable talking about them to you, then perhaps he is not ready to make you an intrinsic part of his life.

If you like, let him take you to his dead grandpa/grandma, a guy will never be committed into any relationship unless he is sure that he is on the right track......

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by MadCow1: 7:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
babyosisi:

Of course nau
Only when she sees mama madcow will the lady cow know that you are serious

Hahaha hahaha. ..

Na there you go shock pass shock absorber. You go meet my entire family tree, climb am, do jangolova on top and ............. The only ring we you go see na Lord of the Ring DVD. grin
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by bollify(m): 7:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
Op tha number 2 enh... Hmmmm weytin person go do na? Wen e b say dem nor born person with silver spoon, person supos plan to born him on children with silver spoon na. I just have to achieve my goals before any marriage wareva cos I don't want my children and their beautiful moda face any finnacial difilculties.... So eventhoug na 40 yrs b4 I marry I nor send sofa I don get weytin I want.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by QUINEDO(f): 7:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
Yomieluv: Op,you are looking at it from the men's side only,what if the lady doesn't possess marriageable characteristics?
but if it is to be sleeping with her,they can?who is deceiving who.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Ishilove: 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
MadCow1:

Hahaha hahaha. ..

Na there you go shock pass shock absorber. You go meet my entire family tree, climb am, do jangolova on top and ............. The only ring we you go see na Lord of the Ring DVD. grin
Badt guy grin
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by ayobase(m): 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2014

the most sensible post on this thread.

freecocoa knows us inside out.....we can do anything to keep hitting the jackpot.
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by QUINEDO(f): 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
prince3009: @Point No.2 --- So it has become a crime for a man to get to the zenith of his career before he settles for marriage abi? When the man says he wants to settle down before succeeding in his career, they will say he is rushing it...when he wants to wait till he reaches the climax of his career, it means he is not serious for marriage. Rubbish!!

If she can't wait for me, then she is not worth taking to the aisle.
can you also wait for her without having sex with her.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by ayobase(m): 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
Wiinnd: Please, what do you mean when you say ''continue shining her Kongo''? Make me understand abeg!

how old are you?

seun, pls people need to start submitting birth certificates to register.
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Chibuwhite: 8:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
Akuko ifo
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Onyiido: 8:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
san316: What are the signs that the girl isn't worth proposing to?
Another thread in the making, i swear marriage don suffer ooo
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Onyiido: 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
ayobase:

how old are you?

seun, pls people need to start submitting birth certificates to register.
*holding my tummy while laughing hard grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by girlo: 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
Good talk smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Election Couple: See The Man That Proposed To His Woman At A Polling Unit Today / She Is Married But Keeps Begging Me For Sex- I'm Confused. / Hilarious Picture: When The Maga Has Had Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.