Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,447 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage (55342 Views)

Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? / 7 Ways To Get Your Man To Propose Marriage To You / What Is Best Way To Propose Marriage To Your Girlfriend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by emekajo: 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
freecocoa: I don't think all these really apply in the real world o( not all at least).

Any man who is out to deceive a lady will even go as far as giving her an engagement ring, all to continue shining her Kongo or whatever it is he wants her for besides marriage, one just has to keep hoping/praying not to end up in the wrong hands.

I'm not saying "ignore the signs" no, there are definitely red flags but these articles always make it sound like you can outrightly tell a serious/unserious man by following a guidebook.

You're right freecoco. While the article says the basics, things can turn out quite differently. You guy may have one or all of these issues and yet suprisingly proposes and marries you. Good players these days go all the way just to keep getting what they get.

I know of two girls on two different occasions who even got married my men whose single ambition was to just have sex with them. The guys divorced them right after the honeymoon.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Onyiibazz: 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nawao, i'm beginning to get tired of all this lists, everywhere i go i must jam one, either it's ten ways to be a man or it's 15 ways to peel potatoes or 5 ways to nail a girl on a first date!
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by xp17(m): 2:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
webcalculator: Some men don't marry on time because of the types of girls they meet all the time.

I somehow get access to my girl's facebook password without her knowing and discovered that the girl I have in mind has many other guys. She was so good to me but after going through her messages, I discovered that she is not the one for me. So don't blame men when they don't get married quickly
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by neyur: 2:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
Houseofglam7: Hmmmmm......this gat me thinking.....

ah! egba mi, ki la gbe ki le ju?
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
@Point No.2 --- So it has become a crime for a man to get to the zenith of his career before he settles for marriage abi? When the man says he wants to settle down before succeeding in his career, they will say he is rushing it...when he wants to wait till he reaches the climax of his career, it means he is not serious for marriage. Rubbish!!

If she can't wait for me, then she is not worth taking to the aisle.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by neyur: 2:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
Rapsainot: how Many topic wan make front page today...... nairaland is over crowded

does any1 beg u to log-on 2day?
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by MadCow1: 2:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
prince3009: @Point No.2 --- So it has become a crime for a man to get to the zenith of his career before he settles for marriage abi? When the man says he wants to settle down before succeeding in his career, they will say he is rushing it...when he wants to wait till he reaches the climax of his career, it means he is not serious for marriage. Rubbish!!

If she can't wait for me, then she is not worth taking to the aisle.

Since Basic Bitches started getting extremely desperate.

They want to grab the Nigga before he grows too big and they can no longer get to him. grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Funjosh(m): 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
lalasticlala: One of the biggest dating questions which haunt women is whether her boyfriend is ready to commit. She may be sticking around with him for almost a couple of years now, hoping that he will make up his mind and still waiting for the elusive engagement ring. If you don’t want this to happen to you, learn to pick up ten signs which tell you that he’s not going to propose marriage in a hurry.

1.He Never Discusses Marriage

This is perhaps the first hint that should start ringing warning bells in your mind. Your boyfriend cannot be caught dead talking about marriage as an institution or even commenting on commercials for wedding products and services. He won’t mention it even if his own brother is getting married and he is going to be the best man. His aversion to the M-word should be indication enough that marriage does not figure anywhere in his near future.

2.He Is Hugely Ambitious (Overambitious)

Guys whose only mission in their lives is to reach the top of their professional ladder are likely to take their time settling down. This is because emotional commitment to a partner might force them to cut down on their working hours and make networking with business contacts or frequent out-of-town trips difficult. Though this is not to say that married guys don’t find success – witness President Obama and Bill Gates - super ambitious men who are perpetually looking for the next bigger and better thing are more likely to consider marriage as leading to professional stagnation.

3.All His Friends Are Single

This is as sure a sign as any that your boyfriend is not going to propose marriage. If you notice that his social circle is exclusively made of bachelors and divorced men, it is evident that he is uncomfortable around married couples and has no plans to join their ranks in near future.

4.He Has Strong Sexual Needs

A guy who places great emphasis on sex and considers it the most important part of a relationship is unlikely to settle for a single partner. Gone are the days when men could be baited into marriage on the lure of sex. The dissociation of sex and marriage as well as sexual freedom for women has also made it easier for men to keep sleeping around unless they wish to marry for other reasons. And if your boyfriend has a large sexual appetite, it is unlikely to be satisfied by a single person. He will sooner or later get tired of being with you and move on to someone else he can go to bed with.

5.He Lives Out Of A Suitcase

Men with unstable living conditions usually have priorities like work and travel which are bound to clash with a stable married life. You may be thrilled to have a high-flying war correspondent or wildlife photographer as a boyfriend, but such people are unlikely to settle down to tame domesticity. Far easier to spot - and avoid – are guys who are in and out of jobs or in trouble with the law and thus perpetually on the move. Rather look for men who have stable lives since they are the ones more likely to be looking for stable relationships.

6.He Does Not take You To Meet His Family

This is an unmistakable sign that a guy is not considering marriage even though he may be dating someone. Men usually discuss their families only with those who are close enough to be let into their inner lives. If your boyfriend has never suggested that you meet his parents and even appears to be uncomfortable talking about them to you, then perhaps he is not ready to make you an intrinsic part of his life.

7.You Don’t Figure In His Plans

When talking about his future, does your guy merely discuss his goals of starting a business someday and are his dreams limited to retiring by the sea with his very own beach house and luxury boat? If so or something similar, then this is an indication that you are not part of his future plans and thus unlikely to be his wife any time soon. Unless of course, he goes through a life-changing experience and realizes the value of a committed relationship which is again putting too much store by chance and therefore not worth wasting your life for.

8.He Doesn’t Ask You About Yours

In a reversal of the above point, a guy unwilling to commit will also be uninterested to know about your life goals and hopes for the future. The present- comfortably carefree and uncomplicated - is good enough for him. He does not want to know if you want to eventually settle in the suburbs or how many kids would you like to have and whether you would prefer little girls or boys. Hell, he doesn’t even want to know where you have always wanted to go for your honeymoon! If you find all this true in case of your boyfriend, then you can kiss your dreams of marrying him goodbye and start looking for a more suitable guy.

9.He Is Divorced

While divorced men are technically single and thus seeming candidates for a committed relationship, if your guy has gone through a particularly messy divorce, then probably he cannot bear the thought of marrying again. To be sure about this, pry around gently to see how badly he feels about his breakup and whether the scars are deep enough to be permanent. Other than emotional issues, a divorced man may also be caught up in child support and alimony so as to make any further commitments completely out of the question.

10.He Is Not Forthcoming About Personal Information

Have you ever wondered why your boyfriend is always vague when you ask him about his work and where he lives? You might have a rough idea that he is into finance and that he commutes from the suburbs but if he is unwilling to clearly share his personal information with you, probably he has something to hide – a spouse or a lover maybe. Or more likely he is determined to keep you away from the rest of his personal life. Not exactly marriage material, is he?

No one can say for sure what goes on in a person’s mind and what influences his/her decisions. But if your boyfriend displays all or most of the above signs, then more likely than not, he is not yet ready to propose marriage to you.

http://www.futurescopes.com/proposing-marriage/2093/10-signs-hes-not-going-propose-marriage

OK
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
freecocoa: I don't think all these really apply in the real world o( not all at least).

Any man who is out to deceive a lady will even go as far as giving her an engagement ring, all to continue shining her Kongo or whatever it is he wants her for besides marriage, one just has to keep hoping/praying not to end up in the wrong hands.

I'm not saying "ignore the signs" no, there are definitely red flags but these articles always make it sound like you can outrightly tell a serious/unserious man by following a guidebook.
Lawd! You are so on point! A billion likes

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by ElFenomeno1: 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hot tosh!
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Timijo(m): 3:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
Behind every successful man there is a right thinking woman.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by dammytosh: 3:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
MadCow1:

Stupidly reetarded.. grin

Mbok.. This marriage matter is getting ridiculous by the day.. Too much gaddanm emphasis on the matter.

Point 11. He reacts aggresively to things like this. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by InvertedHammer: 3:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
/
I suggest that equal effort be put on finding ways to make marriages work.

After all, e no hard to reach Abuja park select motor wey dey go Lagos. Whether that motor fit reach Lokoja self na there wahala dey.

Marriage.... Marriage... Marriage.
No be same marriage wey the ones wey don enter dey find ways to ru
n?

\

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by jamesbridget13(f): 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
True but not totally true

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by dammytosh: 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
jamesbridget13: True but not totally true

Hope you are not making excuses for your Boy Friend for few points. Investigate him well ooo.

grin grin grin grin Just kidding.

Life is not 1 + 1 = 2. It works for some, it won't work for some.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
Elnino4ladies: I need 50 likes else i wil commit suicide..
Read this.....Death is life’s way of telling you that you’ve been fired. Suicide is your way to tell life, “you can’t fire
me, I Quit!”
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by InvertedHammer: 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
WE NO GO MARRY UNA!!!

WE NO WAN MARRY!!!
grin grin grin

/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6-dBK1RrSk

\
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by CountDooku(m): 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
chi na me be this ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by daveP(m): 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
Caracta: There are some posters on this section that you wouldn't have a choice than click on their topics.

Nice one OP
cheesy
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by ForFun: 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
Yomieluv: Op,you are looking at it from the men's side only,what if the lady doesn't possess marriageable characteristics?

100th Like
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
BirdOfParadise: @OP, (1) my ex always discussed marriage, I was the one who avoided the topic. I told him there was no need for a rush.
(2) he had a laid-back attitude and worked as hard as any sane human being should.
(3) all his friends are married and he is still single. They used to call him professional sword-crosser (he is a military officer and has attended more weddings than necessary).
(4) he was good at sex but wasn't particularly emphatic about it. He believed there was time for everything.
(5) due to his profession, he travelled a lot, but never failed in being there for me. I love travelling as well and ithat helped us strike a balance.
(6) he took me to meet his entire family even against my will. His siblings and mum were nice to me.
(7) all his future plans he discussed with me and sought my advice most time.
(cool he always wanted in on all my plans and even made some plans for us together.
(9) he was never married or divorced.
(10) despite the nature of his job, he told me all the necessary things I needed to know and his superiors were my friends and still are.
All what I have written above might paint a picture of a perfect gentleman and great spouse, but that was not to be the case. Despite his charms and kind ways, he cheated on me with his ex over and over and over. And he confessed it to me. I left him for good and have my peace of mind.
The summary of it all is "humans are unpredictable". Your analysis might only apply to a mere few. Cheers
very true... People are hard to predict and even when you think you ve got them, they slip away!

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
MadCow1:

I like your post soooooo darn much I wanna put a ring on it. cool

I have said it that relationship no get manual..

All these basic bitches are online looking for a million reasons why the Nigga isnt making move.. Let her step aside and watch a supreme biitch make that nigga get on one knee in under 6 Months.. grin

The girls who spend so much time reading up on relationships RARELY ever get married just like the People who spend so much time reading up on How to Get Rich quick motivational books RARELY ever Get Rich.. grin

lol @madcoow, which ring!
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
Eyop:

smiley That's why it's always good to read and digest post before jumping into conclusion like i almost did before realising there was an impasse. All the points you listed above describes a perfect gentle man as you indicated not until the issue of cheating over and over again was noticed in your post.
smiley
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
EmpressaDelRei: very true... People are hard to predict and even when you think you ve got them, they slip away!
absolutely! We re all magicians (especially the men)
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by vitality22(m): 4:33pm On Aug 20, 2014

I honestly couldn't have said it any better.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by hensben(m): 4:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
anitank: Even if he takes you to meet his ancestors, don't get too comfortable. Some guys shows all the right signs because that's what you want to see......all na format. Ladies be guided
so whats now ur point?.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by MadCow1: 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
dammytosh:

Point 11. He reacts aggresively to things like this. grin grin grin

Lol... grin

Slap yaself for me Abeg, I go send you 200 Naira Richard Card.... grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by dammytosh: 4:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
MadCow1:

Lol... grin

Slap yaself for me Abeg, I go send you 200 Naira Richard Card.... grin

Done. cry cry cry Wia is my card cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by MadCow1: 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
dammytosh:

Done. cry cry cry Wia is my card cheesy cheesy

Drop ya number.. grin

And Picture of the fingerprint wey dey your face.
Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
6.He Does Not take You To Meet His Family

This is an unmistakable sign that a guy is not considering marriage even though he may be dating someone. Men usually discuss their families only with those who are close enough to be let into their inner lives. If your boyfriend has never suggested that you meet his parents and even appears to be uncomfortable talking about them to you, then perhaps he is not ready to make you an intrinsic part of his life.

Thiis is the only sign you need to watch out for,ladies

He could be a divorcee,workaholic,have single friends,doesn't talk much about marriage,engrossed in his work and lives off a suitcase but if he hardly talks about his family and has not made plans for you to see them especially his mother and the topic makes him uncomfortable
You are not the marriage choice for him.

Meeting his cousins and " relatives" and friends and people he grew up with doesn't count
If his mother is alive and you haven't met her and there is no immediate plans to introduce you to her
You better start looking elsewhere if marriage is what you want

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
So dis is wat my girlfriend read and decided to end our relationship dis evening...
Hmmm....

Not all guys hide d fact dat they aren't ready for marriage, but some girls need to read long tests like dis, or all those radio broadcasts, especially dat Inspiration fm kind of thing, before leaving a relationship. Smh.

@OP pls rule out "taking her to meet family" part. Players do dat even earlier serious guys.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Election Couple: See The Man That Proposed To His Woman At A Polling Unit Today / Finally I Broke Up With Her After Mercy Won Bbnaija 2019 / He Is Spreading HIV, Am I To Blame?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.