Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,239 members, 7,846,126 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think (3457 Views)

My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive, What Do I Do? (FEEDBACK) / My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? / The White Lady Who Infected Blackmen With Hiv Aids On Purpose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by plappville(f): 9:44pm On Oct 24, 2008
Whatever.

NA YOU SABI!!!!!!!)))
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by Akinagirl(f): 10:16pm On Oct 24, 2008
You said you didn't like condoms? Well using it would have saved you from all this headache. And you also thought it was no need to use it because you thought you had it? I mean hate to say it bro, but that is pure selfishness. Did you think that you couldn't get anyone else infected? Well HIV/AIDS is the least of your problem. Herpes, Ghono, and all the rest. Come on now use your noggin, you are not stupid, well, undecided hope you are learning from your mistakes and I hope you like yourself better than this. Good luck. besides hope you don't have any bastard children running around the city. because you said you didn't fail to ejaculate inside these women. undecided
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by Pittbaby(f): 2:04am On Oct 25, 2008
@ Poster

I feel you , getting your test result can be liberating and can cause you to feel the need to declare and preach to the world. Your title is probably a little inappropiate given the damage that HIV is doing to our society . But again I feel you . After my own test I was preaching to all my friends about how they all need to get tested , and how i will work hard to support the fight against HIV , Meanwhile you should have seen how I was shaking like jelly fish before I got my own result

You got a lucky dude go and sin no more . Getting tested is nerve wracking , but i can assure you that there is no better feeling than being in the Know . And it will promote safer behaviour in the future.
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by topup: 7:28am On Oct 25, 2008
I think you've misunderstood what the majority of people who use the term 'HIV/AIDS is real' mean, it's a REAL threat, it's not some illusion, a real threat that caused you a lot of panic and anxiety for a while.

I must say that I do not respect any of the behaviour you carried out, nope none of it, but I know that is in the past.

Questions,

Do you value yourself so little to be having unprotected sex in the first place?
Did you value the women you had sex with so little that you put their lives in jeopardy also? (SO what if they were prostitutes).
Did you not think that their wishes for you not to ejaculate in them were worth respecting either? (Think about fathering a baby to a prostitute)

I don't understand what insecurity or pain has led you to such behaviour, but I really think that you should pray, you sound really confused and hurt, and even though you have had the test, you could have almost even contracted HIV/AIDS from all the things you did whilst under the assumption that you had it.

Please, value yourself and your body, you are worth it.

Don't take unecessary risks?
Would you trade your life for sex??

Think!

Take care and God Bless. (I mean it!)
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by badboym: 5:31pm On Oct 25, 2008
Please, value yourself and your body, you are worth it.

Now I do

Would you trade your life for sex??

No

Think!

Take care and God Bless. (I mean it!)

You too.
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by Andala: 4:16am On Oct 26, 2008
The only thing that's not real is you grin,Just because you got lucky the first time that doesn't mean you will get lucky the next time and please save this nonsense for the birds of the air.
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by spikedcylinder: 9:25am On Oct 27, 2008
Andala:

The only thing that's not real is you grin,Just because you got lucky the first time that doesn't mean you will get lucky the next time and please save this nonsense for the birds of the air.

You made sense! You actually made sense! I cannot believe my luck. tongue
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by plappville(f): 9:43am On Oct 27, 2008
@ psoter:
You made sense! You actually made sense! I cannot believe my luck.

wha lucky i will say yes u ve lucky only if u ve stop going around prostitudes or else count urself hiv victim one day.
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by badboym: 1:10pm On Oct 27, 2008
spikedcylinder:

You made sense! You actually made sense! I cannot believe my luck. tongue

What do you mean here?

Andala:

Why don't you just go for yours ?
plappville:

@ psoter:
wha lucky i will say yes u ve lucky only if u ve stop going around prostitudes or else count yourself hiv victim one day.

To me,mostly all girls are prostitute one way or the other so I got no choice.
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by iceland(m): 8:31am On Oct 28, 2008
I saw a couple.The husband was negative the wife positive.The wife discovered she was positive when she went for an ante natal care of her third child.Now she has the fourth child.the husband still negative while she remains positive.How did that happen?
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by spikedcylinder: 8:58am On Oct 28, 2008
plappville:

@ psoter:
wha lucky i will say yes u ve lucky only if u ve stop going around prostitudes or else count yourself hiv victim one day.

Err, are you speaking the universal language here?

badboym:

What do you mean here?

The person I was referring to knows what I was talking about. smiley
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by badboym: 11:14am On Oct 28, 2008
Na una sabi,
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by Busybody2(f): 11:43am On Oct 28, 2008
iceland:

I saw a couple.The husband was negative the wife positive.The wife discovered she was positive when she went for an ante natal care of her third child.Now she has the fourth child.the husband still negative while she remains positive.How did that happen?

The man could still have passed it onto her cry As for how this can be possible? Someone from the health section or any lay member of Nairaland, would be along in a minute to explain wink
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by spikedcylinder: 11:55am On Oct 28, 2008
badboym:

Na una sabi,

Of course! Prostitute kisser. cheesy tongue
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by badboym: 2:18pm On Oct 28, 2008
Call me whatever you like.What is even the difference between the prostitute and you the ones that claim to be the descent ones?Can you please tell me?
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by Shaz(f): 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2008
I think I get where the poster is coming from.

HIV is real, true, but you don't have to be too scared of HIV to take a test because you never know. If you are afraid that you've got it from any means (sex, sharing needles, etc.), it's better you get tested because you might not even have had it. And people that think they have HIV usually continue in their former habits, which might eventually lead 'those that think they have it but the don't' might eventually get it.

I hope that was lucid. There's no reason for the rantings and cussings. It's just a creative expression they poster tried to derive - to capture reader's attention.
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by badboym: 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2008
Shaz:

HIV is real, true, but you don't have to be too scared of HIV to take a test because you never know. If you are afraid that you've got it from any means (sex, sharing needles, etc.), it's better you get tested because you might not even have had it. And people that think they have HIV usually continue in their former habits, which might eventually lead 'those that think they have it but the don't' might eventually get it.

I hope that was lucid. There's no reason for the rantings and cussings. It's just a creative expression they poster tried to derive - to capture reader's attention.

Thank God someone yet again understands the message am trying to pass here
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by spikedcylinder: 9:02am On Oct 29, 2008
Shaz:

Creative? You call that creative eh Shaz?
Ok. Lets see shall we?

He said :

Ever since the day I disvirgined,I have always thought I had HIV/AIDS because I had Gonorrhea after a few days.

Ever since then,I have been having sex without protection.I was thinking I was the one infecting girls with HIV .

And he was having unprotected sex, knowing he had gonorrhea and thinking he had HIV thereby knowingly trying to infect others.

That means I could be negative too but then I had a rethink with the awareness I have had and like asked myself this questions

So he was aware of the consequences of his actions but despite this continued his rotten sexual practices. Imagine that for him and millions of other people who are aware but yet keep going about as if the virus doesn't exist THEN turn around and preach to these same people that HIV isn't as "real" then see what happens! It would be chaotic and EVERYBODY would be affected, knowingly or otherwise,including you.

I started asking myself questions as well thinking of all the girls I had screwed.Most especially the prostitutes who I had screwed without condoms.Some with their private stinking like rotten magotty cheese.

Do you really need an explanation for this?

How could I forget my last Infidelity bitch who I screwed without condoms, Those girls at the club who'll never let you rest most especially for someone like me who buys like 2or 3 bottles of red label/hennesy when I go to the club.I never used condom for anyone of them.Sometimes they tell me not to come inside of them but I still end up doing that.

He buys them red label and in return they beg him not to come inside them but he ends up doing this? You label a guy who equates coming inside/outside girls with sexual protection as a creative fella? Really?

While I was deep in this thoughts the Doctor came and gave me the scare of my life.He gave the results to me in a way I thought I was positive.SO I thought well,it's happened it's happened,but to my suprise I looked closely and when I found out  I was negative,I still did not beleive .I had to tell him to please be sincere if I was positive,I would just go for the treatment and he told me I was negative.I was so happy and gave him some change xtra.

Dude, you better go and retest yourself because any doctor who needs the extra change you gave him. . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

SO here's my advice to everyone that reads this, Go for that test before it's too late.HIV/AIDS is not truly as real as you think.

Jeezurs! What is this? Advice you call it?
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by badboym: 11:46am On Oct 29, 2008
And he was having unprotected sex, knowing he had gonorrhea and thinking he had HIV thereby knowingly trying to infect others.

I was only being honest Mrs Holier than thou.I said it as it is.I wonder if you'll ever understand.You're so stubborn and dumd.

So he was aware of the consequences of his actions but despite this continued his rotten sexual practices. Imagine that for him and millions of other people who are aware but yet keep going about as if the virus doesn't exist THEN turn around and preach to these same people that HIV isn't as "real" then see what happens! It would be chaotic and EVERYBODY would be affected, knowingly or otherwise,including you.

Do you really need an explanation for this?

Guess I do Madam.

He buys them red label and in return they beg him not to come inside them but he ends up doing this? You label a guy who equates coming inside/outside girls with sexual protection as a creative fella? Really?

Dude, you better go and retest yourself because any doctor who needs the extra change you gave him. . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You only envy me cos am negative.Why don't you just go for yours and have peace of mind.

Besides why it is so hard for you to differentiate bte the prostitutes and you the so called decent girl ?
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by nedunaija(m): 11:53am On Oct 29, 2008
I think I perfectly understood what he is saying. U probably do not know what it feels like contracting an STD just the first day you had IT. I had  a similar experience and felt exactly the same way badboym felt for over 4years before one doctor tested me without my knowledge. I came out negative and was very excited. Yeah, it's real, but not as bad as all the media hype about it. I think there are worse ailments.
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by badboym: 11:57am On Oct 29, 2008
nedunaija:

I think I perfectly understood what he is saying. U probably do not know what it feels like contracting an STD just the first day you had IT. I had a similar experience and felt exactly the same way badboym felt for over 4years before one doctor tested me without my knowledge. I came out negative and was very excited. Yeah, it's real, but not as bad as all the media hype about it. I think there are worse ailments.

My Brother/Sister thank you o.I no know whether na bad thing I come do with your explanations o.Na wa o.Spikedcylinder no go kill me o.E just be like say them send am come give me.Holy Ghost Fire o.
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by spikedcylinder: 12:32pm On Oct 29, 2008
badboym:

I was only being honest Mrs Holier than thou.I said it as it is.I wonder if you'll ever understand.You're so stubborn and dumd.

Guess I do Madam.

You only envy me because am negative.Why don't you just go for yours and have peace of mind.

Besides why it is so hard for you to differentiate bte the prostitutes and you the so called decent girl ?

You were being honest? If you equate honesty with shagging girls with intent to infect them with all the diseases in your body, sure!

I envy you abi? Obviously, isn't that? Not like I'm expecting Mr. Creative to know that you don't get HIV though sex alone but my dear, I don't fear getting tested and I don't have reckless and careless sex. smiley

Have I said anything about my decency or otherwise? You want to personalise this don'y ya? tongue
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by badboym: 7:59pm On Oct 29, 2008
spikedcylinder:

You were being honest? If you equate honesty with shagging girls with intent to infect them with all the diseases in your body, sure!

I envy you abi? Obviously, isn't that? Not like I'm expecting Mr. Creative to know that you don't get HIV though sex alone but my dear, I don't fear getting tested and I don't have reckless and careless sex. smiley

Have I said anything about my decency or otherwise? You want to personalise this don'y ya? tongue

Honest has got nothing to do with shagging girls okay.That would mean am being unfaithful if I had a BITCH whose got the impression am her boyfriend.I did at a point.Reckless and careless sex?Lol.What do you mean by that?, Look at a guy and if he looks healthy,then you're like he's not positive huh ?LMAO.

I want to personalise this ? Oh yeah.You called me a prostitute kiseer dint you ?
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by spikedcylinder: 12:01pm On Oct 30, 2008
badboym:

Honest has got nothing to do with shagging girls okay.That would mean am being unfaithful if I had a BITCH whose got the impression am her boyfriend.I did at a point.Reckless and careless sex?Lol.What do you mean by that?, Look at a guy and if he looks healthy,then you're like he's not positive huh ?LMAO.

I want to personalise this ? Oh yeah.You called me a prostitute kiseer dint you ?

If you came here to say you kiss asses for a living, I would call you an ass kisser but you came here admitting to kissing prostitutes, what do you think I should call you?
You knowingly try to shag girls with intentions to inflict your disease on them and all of a sudden you want to be the mayor of honesty? Ha ha!
In case you are not aware, most reasonable people do not judge a person's status based on looks. If you like a girl, you shag her while protecting your phallus and evidently the rest of your life. Again, don't come here with your rotten body and preach this nonsense.

P.S Quit sending the nonsensical mails, they only degrade you more. smiley
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 30, 2008
na wa for Nairaland o
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by badboym: 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2008
spikedcylinder:

If you came here to say you kiss asses for a living, I would call you an ass kisser but you came here admitting to kissing prostitutes, what do you think I should call you?
You knowingly try to shag girls with intentions to inflict your disease on them and all of a sudden you want to be the mayor of honesty? Ha ha!
In case you are not aware, most reasonable people do not judge a person's status based on looks. If you like a girl, you shag her while protecting your phallus and evidently the rest of your life. Again, don't come here with your rotten body and preach this nonsense.

P.S Quit sending the nonsensical mails, they only degrade you more. smiley

Nonsensical mails huh ?No I won't send them no more.Thought you dint wanted to explain on here.That was the reason I sent that.Degrade?No need of reping myself here cos nairalanders are sure full of intellectual ones and stupid ones like you.Some will diss and some will just understand as you can see.You dey craze you know?Those dudes screwing you could even be worse than I am you know?So no leave you Morons come dey Judge me for here okay?
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by HRhotness(f): 10:03pm On Oct 30, 2008
shocked spikey dey vex oh. . . lol

@OP

i'd suggest u quit now, u're just makin urself look worse
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by Shaz(f): 10:05pm On Oct 30, 2008
Yo Spiked, this just requires a bit of understanding.

1. He used illustrative purposes to show you the gravity of what he had done - he used to sleep around and he thought that he had HIV. Due to this thought, he felt he had no other option than to accept his 'fate' (death) and spread the virus to others through the same channel he had got it.

2. He then elaborated on how he was haunted by any slight sicknesses he had.

3. The poster then summoned the courage to go for a HIV/AIDS, although he felt that he already had the virus and there was no return point.

4. He was negative - therefore there was no reason to live with the fear and stigma. He found out that he was only endangering himself when he thought he was spreading the virus. Then he also realised that it was only right for him to use protection.

5. He then used this as a point of contact to any person out there that is afraid to go for the HIV/AIDS test. He is not in anyway condoning unprotected casual sex, but encouraging people to have tests and stop living in their self-constructed stigmatization.

It is simple. And yes, I get your point. Why should he sleep around? Unprotected?

That is inexcusable. It is not proper, civil and decent. True that. But that is not what his post is on about. Those were the former days, according to him. Hope you get the drift?
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by badboym: 11:09am On Oct 31, 2008
Thanks Shaz.I just no dey why the gurl dey worry me.I haven't done too bad.I know of close friends who are even worse.Na bad thing say I dey try make people wey fit no dey infected know the truth ?, Na wa o.
HR.hotness:

shocked spikey dey vex oh. . . lol

@OP

i'd suggest u quit now, u're just makin yourself look worse

I don't see myself as someone worse.Am just me and am never deny it.
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by spikedcylinder: 11:16am On Oct 31, 2008
badboym:

Nonsensical mails huh ?No I won't send them no more.Thought you dint wanted to explain on here.That was the reason I sent that.Degrade?No need of reping myself here because nairalanders are sure full of intellectual ones and stupid ones like USome will diss and some will just understand as you can see.You dey craze you know?Those dudes screwing you could even be worse than I am you know?So no leave you Morons come dey Judge me for here okay?

Yes please, send them no more. smiley The dudes screwing me? LOL! You have no idea do you? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Gosh! I can't stop laughing! cheesy

You dey craze you know?

Like any self respecting lunatic, I'm always quick to dismiss doubts about my sanity. smiley
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by spikedcylinder: 11:24am On Oct 31, 2008
Shaz:

Yo Spiked, this just requires a bit of understanding.

1. He used illustrative purposes to show you the gravity of what he had done - he used to sleep around and he thought that he had HIV. Due to this thought, he felt he had no other option than to accept his 'fate' (death) and spread the virus to others through the same channel he had got it.

2. He then elaborated on how he was haunted by any slight sicknesses he had.

3. The poster then summoned the courage to go for a HIV/AIDS, although he felt that he already had the virus and there was no return point.

4. He was negative - therefore there was no reason to live with the fear and stigma. He found out that he was only endangering himself when he thought he was spreading the virus. Then he also realised that it was only right for him to use protection.

5. He then used this as a point of contact to any person out there that is afraid to go for the HIV/AIDS test. He is not in anyway condoning unprotected casual sex, but encouraging people to have tests and stop living in their self-constructed stigmatization.

It is simple. And yes, I get your point. Why should he sleep around? Unprotected?

That is inexcusable. It is not proper, civil and decent. True that. But that is not what his post is on about. Those were the former days, according to him. Hope you get the drift?

Anybody who knowingly tries to inflict someone else should be killed or at least jailed for life! He could have gotten married, had kids without telling his partner he had the disease (even though he later found out he didn't). Is that selfish or what?

Let me also illustrate with an example.

My childhood friend and long time neighbour is Sadiq. We did everything together as kids and even though our mums weren't the best of friends, they got along because of us. It was when I had to go to a girl's only boarding school I lost touch with him. Next time I saw him was 5 years ago. The usually robust Sadiq was now pale, skinny and gaunt. He died last year. He died of Aids as we later discovered. He was a virgin. undecided

I know first hand what HIV and AIDS does to people so this fella living his life recklessly and coming here to "creatively" preach this bloody message just infuriates me!!!
Re: A Must Read:hiv/aids Not As Real As You Think by HRhotness(f): 12:33pm On Oct 31, 2008
haba spiked. . . u carry this thing for head oh. . . calm down for d guy nah grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are All Corper Chics So Desperate Like Dis? I Tire! / The First Time Someone Shows You Who They Are: Believe Them! / Things Girls Do Us Guys Secretly Don't Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.