Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions - Phones (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions (102096 Views)

Easy Way To Root Almost All Android Devices With Framaroot | Come In / Droid VPN: Your Questions / All Ur Blackberry Problems Solved Here!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by ayobase(m): 8:59am On Sep 02, 2014
Luvlydevin: good morning room my phone keeps on rebooting everytime I insert battery on it ,then go off then on off ,on off again continously it wont just stop doing this making it useless for me to even see were to reset it,its Samsung exhibit 4g please help me out

hope the battery is properly fitted......ensure that first.
expansion or constant removal of battery could lead to that.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Ksslib(m): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2014
Hi saibinc, my s3 is the international version. Just got the phone and its not rooted.

I want to root and use a custom rom on it .. Then update to 4.4 cos the version i'm on is 4.1.2 OR does installing a custom erases the need to update to 4.4?

Now, before rooting i should download clockwordmod and install so i can recover in the event of bricking right?

I'm new to android. Always been a symbian user..
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by chalxdon(m): 12:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
Good day! My H5 has a problem of connecting to WiFi. It keeps connecting and disconnecting. Please what could be the problem or possible solution?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Babalakin(m): 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
Good work you are doing here.please I just bought a 64gig memory card for my note 3(32gig version,sm900) and d phone keeps telling me memory full.i had to delete some videos to make room for extra space.secondly,when i tried updating from 4.3 to d latest version,they kept telling me i am on d latest update. please what do I do to rectify this?thank you for your kind response.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
Babalakin: Good work you are doing here.please I just bought a 64gig memory card for my note 3(32gig version,sm900) and d phone keeps telling me memory full.i had to delete some videos to make room for extra space.secondly,when i tried updating from 4.3 to d latest version,they kept telling me i am on d latest update. please what do I do to rectify this?thank you for your kind response.
@The Memory (SD Card): Check that the applications using the memory card are not set to use the phone's inbuilt memory. Also, check that the memory card is not empty. Some meory cards are empty/corrupted even when newly bought.

@the Update: You are most likely checking for the update via the OTA (Over the Air) update settings. The phone would always tell you that you are using the latest update for as long as no new update is made available for the phone by the manufactural.

To upgrade the phone, you need to search for an upgraded ROM for that phone on Google e.g Android 4.4 for HTC Sensation.

Lots of results would be presented to you.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
chalxdon: Good day! My H5 has a problem of connecting to WiFi. It keeps connecting and disconnecting. Please what could be the problem or possible solution?
CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM:
It is the ROM that causes this kind of problem.

SOLUTION:
Flash another ROM on the phone or wait till the bug that causes the wifi problem is fixed by the developer.

Alternatively, you could factory reset the phone -this is not a sure solution anyways.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 5:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
Ksslib: Hi saibinc, my s3 is the international version. Just got the phone and its not rooted.

I want to root and use a custom rom on it .. Then update to 4.4 cos the version i'm on is 4.1.2 OR does installing a custom erases the need to update to 4.4?

Now, before rooting i should download clockwordmod and install so i can recover in the event of bricking right?

I'm new to android. Always been a symbian user..

Hello,
The ROM on the phone is what determines maybe it is 4.1, 4.2 or 4.4

To upgrade the phone, root the phone, flash custom recovery on it then download a 4.4 ROM (IF AVAILABLE) for it and flash it on the phone.

How to Flash ROMs And Root androids: www.aryk.co
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Shininstar30(f): 7:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
saibinc:
It's not only the Apps on the phone that consumes your phone memory but also the cache each app dump on the phone.
Check this: http://www.arykblog.com/2014/03/how-to-fix-storage-space-running-out.html for info on how to set your memory card as the default storage for both apps and cache.

pls help, I've moved all apps to SD card , yet Fone keeps saying storage space running low. wot do I do pls
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by bigiyaro(m): 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
How do I charge by battery to 100%? It percentage always stops at 99%,even if it remains plugged for hours.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by vikstandon(m): 8:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
StealthyMe:

sorry,which phone d'you use again?

tecno phantom a+(tecno F7)
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by StealthyMe(m): 8:52pm On Sep 02, 2014
vikstandon:

tecno phantom a+(tecno F7)

Try using framaroot.apk latest version
Launch & click on Superuser
Then click on one of the exploits in the dropdown menu apart from Unroot
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by spyroet(m): 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2014
saibinc:
Factory reset the phone. Or, download 3G booster from the PlayStore to try it with it.
my android phone is not still showin
g 3g each time I switched to CDMA my network start falling pls I really need help.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2014
Shininstar30:

pls help, I've moved all apps to SD card , yet Fone keeps saying storage space running low. wot do I do pls
Boot the phone to recovery and wipe cache.

For permanent solution:
Factory reset the phone then, follow the instructions on the previous link to set your memory card as the default install location.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2014
spyroet: my android phone is not still showin
g 3g each time I switched to CDMA my network start falling pls I really need help.
if you have custom ROM on the phone, flash another ROM on it.

If you still have stock ROM on the phone, it might be an hardware problem.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 6:35am On Sep 03, 2014
bigiyaro: How do I charge by battery to 100%? It percentage always stops at 99%,even if it remains plugged for hours.
The brand and model of the phone?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by chalxdon(m): 6:59am On Sep 03, 2014
saibinc:
CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM:
It is the ROM that causes this kind of problem.

SOLUTION:
Flash another ROM on the phone or wait till the bug that causes the wifi problem is fixed by the developer.

Alternatively, you could factory reset the phone -this is not a sure solution anyways.
Thank you. I have done factory reset but the issue persisted. please how can I flash another ROM on d phone?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 7:01am On Sep 03, 2014
Luvlydevin: good morning room my phone keeps on rebooting everytime I insert battery on it ,then go off then on off ,on off again continously it wont just stop doing this making it useless for me to even see were to reset it,its Samsung exhibit 4g please help me out
Does the phone turn on itself automatically each time you insert battery?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by bigiyaro(m): 9:04am On Sep 03, 2014
saibinc:
The brand and model of the phone?
its ELEPHONE P6i. my brother's tecno n3 has the same problem. Thanks.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Joecares: 9:11am On Sep 03, 2014
Please I'm trying to download bbm on my techno phantom pad N9 the ones iv downloaded are not compatibe and not installing any one with help asap pls
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 10:00am On Sep 03, 2014
Joecares: Please I'm trying to download bbm on my techno phantom pad N9 the ones iv downloaded are not compatibe and not installing any one with help asap pls
What's the response you receive each time you try to install on it?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Mistermamus(m): 10:16am On Sep 03, 2014
saibinc:
It's most likely that the phone is in Auto-Power. This is an hardware problem. If you are around Lagos, I can have that fixed for you (for a token amount o). BBM: 768B9576
u didnt reply again?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by funkyjms: 11:59am On Sep 03, 2014
saibinc:
Visit this page: http://www.arykblog.com/2014/03/how-to-fix-storage-space-running-out.html

It will be of great help to you. It will guide you through on how to permanently set your SD Card as the default install location on your android device.

Shininstar30:

Honestly, I tried this when I had similar challenge, it couldn't help, then I came across this procedure via Google...

Download "root browser" from playstore
At times (not every time), to install the app, you may need to free up some space like uninstalling an app you know you can easily reinstall
Then open and grant supersu
Select data
Scroll down a little bit and select "log_other_mode"
Select every file you see there and delete all

2 Likes

Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Joecares: 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
Some thing like it beeing not compatible. I'm not in lagos I'm in ilorin pls just a solution biko
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Shininstar30(f): 12:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
Somebody pls help me, whenever I tried to download an app ,my Fone keep saying could not download due to an error (927) wot can I do pls
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Marcus2(m): 1:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
hello guys , please does anybody know how much it will cost to replace a broken samsung galaxy 4g sblaze screen ?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by JustCare: 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
please someone should enlighten me... my tablet don't play some video files even when same formats of such videos do play... few don't play, always given me an error message : video can't be played.
This happens virtually in all the players including Mx player and Vlc beta version.
tnx in advance!
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by gtswt(f): 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
saibinc: When it comes to discussion about android devices, I think everybody knows what android devices are, but not everybody knows what to do when certain issues arise from the use of this android devices.

Just in case you have any software related problems with your android device, you may post it here and hopefully find a solution to it.

I will try my best to managing this thread daily. However, if you feel like you need a quicker response, you may visit this web log: www.arykblog.com for quicker responses.

What is A Software Problem In Android?

Because android is an open source platform and gives room for more personalizations. In the course of this, some android devices are being messed up and thereby results in malfunctions of all kinds.

To put simply, software problems of android devices are any problems that causes the android device to malfunction as a result of corrupt partitions or volume on the phone, virus, malwares, or even softwares.

Examples of Software Problem of Android Devices:

1- Boot loop -when android device hangs booting up.
2- Excessive Heat -when an android device heats up too much (this can also be caused by the hardware problem).
3- Continual Reboots -when an android device keeps booting on and off continuously.
4- Service Fluctuation -when an android device GSM/GPRS service is not stable.
5- Unending Loading -when an android device never stops loading when you put on the phone.

All these listed above and many more are the examples of software related problems of android devices. Post your questions below and check back for solutions!

Pls, I need ur help!
My little girl touched my allwinner A13 tablet and it was loading none stop, so i switched it off and restart it but its not booting pass the android logo. I have done a factory reset (recovery mode) but i get this message...failed (Invalid Argument). I reboot the tablet but still stuck on the logo.....What can i do to restore my tab pls?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 9:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
gtswt:

Pls, I need ur help!
My little girl touched my allwinner A13 tablet and it was loading none stop, so i switched it off and restart it but its not booting pass the android logo. I have done a factory reset (recovery mode) but i get this message...failed (Invalid Argument). I reboot the tablet but still stuck on the logo.....What can i do to restore my tab pls?
Please answer these questions:

1- Was "USB Debugging" option set to "on" on the device before the incident?
2- Do you have a Linux PC?
3- Do you know how to handle Command Prompt

Accurate answers to these questions above would help me provide you the right answer.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
JustCare: please someone should enlighten me... my tablet don't play some video files even when same formats of such videos do play... few don't play, always given me an error message : video can't be played.
This happens virtually in all the players including Mx player and Vlc beta version.
tnx in advance!
Change your SD Card. The SD Card is most likely corrupted.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 9:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
Shininstar30: Somebody pls help me, whenever I tried to download an app ,my Fone keep saying could not download due to an error (927) wot can I do pls
What's the brand and model of the phone?
And what did you do last on the phone before the problem started?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
Joecares: Some thing like it beeing not compatible. I'm not in lagos I'm in ilorin pls just a solution biko
Please, rephrase your question. I don't understand the question.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Joecares: 11:51pm On Sep 03, 2014
Please iv been unable to install bbm on my techno phantom pad. It behave like its installing but atlast I won't. Its like the ones I downloaded even on playstore aren't compatible. Dats the request boss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (41) (Reply)

Tecno Phantom Pad II G9 review-and-price. / How To Trace The Details Of An Unknown Number Calling You / Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Goes Official: 6.3″ WQHD+, Dual Cameras, 6 GB RAM & More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.