Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865780 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 7:52am On Oct 19, 2014
ebdib:

Mr man
Why are you being so defensive?
Did I try to force ivy league down your throat?

Im just encouraging students who are brilliant, to try ivy league schools regardless of financial status.
I didn't criticize people who didn't attend ivy league schools. I'm criticizing people who choose crappy schools and trust me there are lots of crappy schools willing to collect money for degrees that ain't worth sh*t.

To each his own.

Your tone is belligerent and uncalled for btw.
Good day.
I understand.
Sorry for sounding belligerent..... The internet makes you think people are sometimes harsh, with the way words in sentences being written

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 9:01am On Oct 19, 2014
Succinct, belligerent, cursory, incontrovertible, obviate, impolitic,........ hmmmm, if truly you are prospective test taker of GRE, to ace the GRE verbal section shouldn't be much of a herculean task, only God knows the myriad of words I've learnt from scholars on this forum. My "small" advice to intending test takers, read actively on this forum, don't be shy to look up words that others have mentioned, that way you will "obviate" cramming which induces stress on your cerebellum. I learn at least 3 words per day on this forum. # I'm learning still#.
And I'm still observing, you guys should bring those words on.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Kassidy4luv(m): 9:24am On Oct 19, 2014
Av really learnt alot from this thread, new words everyday, new hint on acing my GRE .
Wow i neva knew the OFFICIAL GUIDE TO THE GRE is really important for d verbal section. Av been jacking my Barons and Grubber like madt.

I must tidy dis GRE wella.
So help me GOD.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 19, 2014
innovativeame:
Succinct, belligerent, cursory, incontrovertible, obviate, impolitic,........ hmmmm, if truly you are prospective test taker of GRE, to ace the GRE verbal section shouldn't be much of a herculean task, only God knows the myriad of words I've learnt from scholars on this forum. My "small" advice to intending test takers, read actively on this forum, don't be shy to look up words that others have mentioned, that way you will "obviate" cramming which induces stress on your cerebellum. I learn at least 3 words per day on this forum. # I'm learning still#.
Success bro. I await the good news
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 19, 2014
innovativeame:
Hey, your piece is commensurately buttress to success:-) So keep it up :-) @Mazi Slimmy, ke du? Today is Sunday and i'm somewhat bored right now. What do i do? :-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 19, 2014
Joenice:
Hey, your piece is commensurately buttress to success:-) So keep it up :-) @Mazi Slimmy, ke du? Today is Sunday and i'm somewhat bored right now. What do i do? :-)
Read and prepare for your GRE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
stevecrun:
Read and prepare for your GRE.
Can u do me a favor? Do u have Engineering Mathematics Textbook? The one i have no dey naija and i don't feel like buying one. I really need to finetune my math. Other aspects of the exam, i can withstand the heat.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
Joenice:
Can u do me a favor? Do u have Engineering Mathematics Textbook? The one i have no dey naija and i don't feel like buying one. I really need to finetune my math. Other aspects of the exam, i can withstand the heat.
I did not do sciences but I've got good engineering mathematics textbook
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Kpimp: 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
Walspring:

Yes waec result is enough for you to apply to troy university and most schools in usa with your other supporting documents like SOA, test score, sponsorship letter or affidavit of support etc..

If some schools ask for your high school transcripts maybe there is a reason for that.. Although they do include it on their site as list of documents to mail or email to them but most applicants dont send it but send only waec and they make use of the waec as the transcript

Thank you very much.now I understand better.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
Joenice:
if you're in Enugu am in Awka now..we can meet up and you see the textbooks cos am leaving the east finally before wednesday back to the south to go prepare for my travel.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 12:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
stevecrun:
Please,can anybody here list a few State universities that offer full scholarship for international undergraduate students with a good WAEC and SAT result?

Check with Missouri Southern State University, Joplin. Their honors program is awesome as sometimes it covers tuition, board, books. Check some other honors programs as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
innovativeame:

Same here. GRE vocab on display, good work guys. Still learning.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
Joenice:

Hello boss. I am engineer prepping assiduously for the GRE just like you. What do you néed 'engine maths' for ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
GboyegaD:

Check with Missouri Southern State University, Joplin. Their honors program is awesome as sometimes it covers tuition, board, books. Check some other honors programs as well.
Thanks bro..appreciated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
stevecrun:
Thanks bro..appreciated

You are welcome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
stevecrun:
if you're in Enugu am in Awka now..we can meet up and you see the textbooks cos am leaving the east finally before wednesday back to the south to go prepare for my travel.
Wow. So close. Yeah, i'm currently in Enugu. Hope to meet you. What i need is Engineering Mathematics 7th Edition K.A Stroud. U've got it, right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
stevecrun:
Wow. So close. Yeah, i'm currently in Enugu. Hope to meet you. What i need is Engineering Mathematics 7th Edition K.A Stroud. U got it, right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
Joenice:
Go to church!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
dicapino:

Hello boss. I am engineer prepping assiduously for the GRE just like you. What do you néed 'engine maths' for ?
GRE Maths. I just want to score well.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
Joenice:
Wow. So close. Yeah, i'm currently in Enugu. Hope to meet you. What i need is Engineering Mathematics 7th Edition K.A Stroud. U've got it, right?
sorry bro..what I have here is the 6th edition.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
stevecrun:
sorry bro..what I have here is the 6th edition.
it's ok. i would manage that. will pm you to get your digits. Tx man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
Quick one,guys. Please how commensurate are the scores on the gre power prep software with the actual test? Please I really need your input. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
Joenice:
okay..no P
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
slimmy05:
Success bro. I await the good news
Thanks Big boss, you are a bigger boss than Keshi. God bless you real good.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
Joenice:
Oga Joenice, what is "commensurately buttress to Success"? grin laff Don make me shout hallelujah inside mosque grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 4:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
dicapino:

Same here. GRE vocab on display, good work guys. Still learning.
Bros Dicapino, between you and me now, nobody is reading this except us both shocked, how many words have you learnt so far from this thread?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
stevecrun:
okay..no P
i've sent u a pm. Pls check ur email. In case, u didn't receive it, just send me a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 19, 2014
grin cheesy
innovativeame:

Oga Joenice, what is "commensurately buttress to Success"? grin laff Don make me shout hallelujah inside mosque grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 4:43pm On Oct 19, 2014
innovativeame:

Bros Dicapino, between you and me now, nobody is reading this except us both shocked, how many words have you learnt so far from this thread?

Okay bro. I have learnt the 1000 magoosh words and I get other words from reading copies of the economist and newyorker. so let's say getting to 1300 to 1500 words, but I am still trying to bolster my vocab.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Chukwumahike: 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
Pls can any Nlander here list a few state universities that offer good scholarship packages n low tuition for international post graduate students. I hav a BSc in Biochem. With GPA of 4.21. I intend doin MSc in biochemistry and molecular biology. Pls its urgent. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
Joenice:
replied your mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
sirRiddy:
Quick one,guys. Please how commensurate are the scores on the gre power prep software with the actual test? Please I really need your input. Thanks.
They are quite close if you simulate testing conditions. A good strategy would be to take test 1 early in your prep to gauge your knowledge of the concepts tested on the exam. Take test 2 close to the exam when ur almost done covering prep materials. I'll recommend the Magoosh or Manhattan plan if you are a diligent student who really wants top scores. Lots of students swear by them. Cramming word lists is a waste of time in my opinion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.