Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865824 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 9:01am On Oct 23, 2014
Dot1:
Pls for those that have gotten their visa approved. How long did it take for your passport×visa to be ready for collection? I want to book a return flight ticket to Lagos for my interview, so I want to plan my journey well.
Thanks in advance.
48hrs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 9:03am On Oct 23, 2014
asadiaboymma:
Helo. Everyone, please is there a center preference for GRE? Help as iam about to register. Thanks to u all.

Please how do I comment on someone's post?
Click d Quote under d post
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 23, 2014
Hello everyone, my name is Alicia. I'm Joenice's friend. I want to go to the US next year for studies and Joe asked me to write at least one standardized test even if I studied at Cambridge. That it's not only good for my visa interview but also would prepare me for tougher challenges abroad. Is this really true?

But I studied in the UK. I'm still begging him to use my nairaland account more and more. I really like him. He's such a wonderful guy and very kind-hearted. I guess he's just like his brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by asadiaboymma: 12:22pm On Oct 23, 2014
Ok thanks!

Please I need u guys to respond to me, is there a center preference for GRE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by azeezbaba(m): 1:25pm On Oct 23, 2014
profojah:

Azeezbaba....is cyber security under High technology crime?...pls I need to knw dis asap...thanx boss

I don't understand your question clearly. But let me try to answer you the way I understand it.

Cyber Security is one of the concentrations in Information Technology and some of the courses taught under it are Threat Detection, User Privacy, Cryptography, Proactive Defense et al. If you specialize in Cyber Security, you will be well grounded to tackle Cyber Crime and Cyber Crime is a form of high technology crime
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 1:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
exxy:
No Contract Phone MEANS? someone pls explain

means you are free to leave/dump the carrier anytime you want..Invariably, means you have to pay the full cost of the phone(no financing)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
deenchanted:
Hello everyone, my name is Alicia. I'm Joenice's friend. I want to go to the US next year for studies and Joe asked me to write at least one standardized test even if I studied at Cambridge. That it's not only good for my visa interview but also would prepare me for tougher challenges abroad. Is this really true?

But I studied in the UK. I'm still begging him to use my nairaland account more and more. I really like him. He's such a wonderful guy and very kind-hearted. I guess he's just like his brother.

Hello Alicia, welcome to the fold.

Your friend is right about writing one of the standardized tests to accrue your chances of visa approval. However, it all boils down to the requirements of the schools you will be applying to, as well as that of your prospective graduate program. I presume TOEFL could be waived for you having studied at Cambridge. Just concentrate on acing the GRE with atleast fairly decent scores (supposing you aren't applying to any of the major sciences), even if your school doesn't require it. If you'll be needing assistantships of any sort, it's a whole different ball game.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bartino: 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
I sent my Transcript to Wes before I paid for the evaluation after a week my status still shows waiting for required documents, I tried calling they don't pick please anyone with useful advise time is running out and the school is asking me seriously plz guys assist.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
azeezbaba:

I don't understand your question clearly. But let me try to answer you the way I understand it.
Cyber Security is one of the concentrations in Information Technology and some of the courses taught under it are Threat Detection, User Privacy, Cryptography, Proactive Defense et al. If you specialize in Cyber Security, you will be well grounded to tackle Cyber Crime and Cyber Crime is a form of high technology crime
I feel u bro.....I applied to study forensic sci(high tech crime)...on my admission letter forensic sci (high tech crime ) was wtiiten but on my i20 they wrote majoring in "cyber forensic"...so I'm kinda confuse...
But now I understand and I knw how to defend myself...thanks for clarification bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kwenu: 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
hey guys , what if a state university s tuition fee is less than $4000 , do u think the US embassy in Nigeria will grant visa to a person who is applying to such university, i say this because i heard someone here say that state universities have a better chance than other Community colleges, or a one building college,

please shed more light , share ur tought on this

i ju st saw a few universities that are this cheap,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 4:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
bartino:
I sent my Transcript to Wes before I paid for the evaluation after a week my status still shows waiting for required documents, I tried calling they don't pick please anyone with useful advise time is running out and the school is asking me seriously plz guys assist.
When do you the document cos it take 10 working days before it will get to wes. Try and mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2014
PedigreeCity:
48hrs
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by berry45: 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2014
how long does it take for sevp to process ones sevis fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by goryorhal(m): 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2014
kwenu:
hey guys , what if a state university s tuition fee is less than $4000 , do u think the US embassy in Nigeria will grant visa to a person who is applying to such university, i say this because i heard someone here say that state universities have a better chance than other Community colleges, or a one building college,

Bros abeg help me with the list of those schools ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2014
kwenu:

Yes sure.
But kindly tell us the school(s) though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 4:59pm On Oct 23, 2014
azeezbaba:
Alhamdulilahi robil alameen. All praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.
Let me start by thanking all the gurus in the house, Morris, Aanowai, Bigfrancis & Idawz et al. I can't thank you all enough.
Visa approved today 22nd October, 2014
Time: 7.30am - Abuja - Window 9 (Although we didn't enter the embassy until some minutes to 10am because I forget my bank statement)
My transcript is as follows:

VO: Good morning (with a lovely smile)
Me & Wife: Good morning (My 15 months old son too struggled to say something)

VO: Pass me your documents
Me: I did (she started typing and she continued typing for like 2 mins)

VO: Where is your school?
Me: North Carolina

VO: Why did you choose the school?
Me: Of all the schools I visited when I was on holiday in the US, North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University has the best infrastructure and research facilities and the only one that offers my 1st choice concentration which is Cyber Security.

VO: Who is your sponsor?
Me: Myself

VO: Can I see your statement?
Me: I handed out my statements of account

VO: She looked at the statement carefully, flipping the pages and looking at the transaction history (she did this for like 2 mins)

VO: (She asked my wife to do fingerprint and I followed)

VO: Your visa has been approved (She said so many other things after that, like when we can enter the US, the documents to present at the port of entry but I wasn't listening because I was already overjoyed)

I pray for those going for their visa interviews to meet God's favour. I am really overjoyed now

She didn't ask for GRE, IELTS/TOEFL, Transcript or any other document for that matter apart from my bank statement. It's not by might but by prayer.

Finally.. Everything that has a begining surely has an end. I really thank God u, bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kwenu: 5:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
out of state student should mean , international students?
f -1 visa means what? and for who?
how about part timers? do u think part timers stand a beter chance in getting visas from the embassy, seeing that gives u the time to work in the states, how would the VO / embassy see this :
they d think u choose part time because u wanna work there during the day and attend classes during the night or evenings

why will u choose to go for part time seeing that u already presented a statement of account that shows that u have money to take good care of your self while over there.?

what do the embassy here think of students heading to the USA to study on part time?

in getting of visa , do part timers stand a better chance than full timers?

as for the list u ask of, please give me some time , i ll upload it here later
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 23, 2014
deenchanted:

Hey Alicia, what are you doing here? Thanks for flattering me anyway. But I will leave you like a shot if you don't pay attention to details. I am Joenice cheesy

Hi guys,
I am no longer using the previous account. This is my new account.

Alicia, you're really crazy. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by azeezbaba(m): 6:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
profojah:

I feel u bro.....I applied to study forensic sci(high tech crime)...on my admission letter forensic sci (high tech crime ) was wtiiten but on my i20 they wrote majoring in "cyber forensic"...so I'm kinda confuse...
But now I understand and I knw how to defend myself...thanks for clarification bro

Which school are you going to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 6:22pm On Oct 23, 2014
kwenu:
out of state student should mean , international students? Non-residents of the state;international students inclusive
f -1 visa means what? and for who? f-1 visa is basically visa issued for full time students
how about part timers? what do you mean by part time? ..you have to be enrolled full-time to maintain your F-1 status do u think part timers stand a beter chance in getting visas from the embassy, seeing that gives u the time to work in the states, how would the VO / embassy see this :
they d think u choose part time because u wanna work there during the day and attend classes during the night or evenings

why will u choose to go for part time seeing that u already presented a statement of account that shows that u have money to take good care of your self while over there.?

what do the embassy here think of students heading to the USA to study on part time?

in getting of visa , do part timers stand a better chance than full timers?

as for the list u ask of, please give me some time , i ll upload it here later

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by berry45: 6:54pm On Oct 23, 2014
berry45:
how long does it take for sevp to process ones sevis fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 23, 2014
azeezbaba:

Which school are you going to?
University of Baltimore

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bartino: 7:45pm On Oct 23, 2014
Ctemi:

When do you the document cos it take 10 working days before it will get to wes. Try and mail
the document has since being delivered and signed in my a wes official. I still wonder why it's stated awaiting documents. I have to provide them with the tracking number and my reference number yet no response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 8:08pm On Oct 23, 2014
bartino:

How would they trace your document with no reference number among the hundreds of documents they receive everyday?

They don't reply calls or emails. That's their policy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
zeezahbee:
am taking psychology as well, inshort 2 psychology, introduction and lifespan, were you told to do both sociology and psyc ?

Yea, both the two. 4 credits hour each.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
azeezbaba:
Alhamdulilahi robil alameen. All praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 8:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
kwenu:

$4,000? In USA? I don't think it possible. Or probably that tuition fee is for US citizen not International students
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 23, 2014
Mr Horayce, I tried to purchase the book on amazon but I could not. There was a response that the kindle version is not available to Africa. I need your help please. Please send me a mail or reply my pm. My exams are fast approaching... sad
Horayce:

You could either buy a manhattan GRE book or pay for the 6 tests directly on their site which would set you back by $30. Optionally you could buy one of the manhattan GRE books and you'll be given an access code to the online tests. Instead of buying a hard copy that would take forever to get to Nigeria I bought an ecopy(kindle version) from amazon for just 9.99 dollars and immediately sent manhattan a mail, showing my receipt. I was granted access to the six tests for six months. Magoosh is quite pricey but take this from me: they have the best material. Their questions are the closest to what you will see on the exam. I'll drop some links to some free princeton and kaplan tests i found on an indian forum. You'll get about 9 decent GRE mock tests. Their questions are not as good as Magoosh or Manhattan but still valuable for someone who wants to practise for stamina. Also don't forget to drill down math from Nova GREBible and Manhattan 5lb. Your power prep scores are good as is, and u could bump them up by over 10-20 points if u diligently work through these materials.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ionnigga(m): 9:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
F1 Visa approved 22nd Oct, Abuja Consulate. Transcript coming in a giffy grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
sirRiddy:
Mr Horayce, I tried to purchase the book on amazon but I could not. There was a response that the kindle version is not available to Africa. I need your help please. Please send me a mail or reply my pm. My exams are fast approaching... sad
Don't panic. Change your region to USA. It should work. Let me know if you have any issues
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
I'm sorry if this has been asked here before, but what's the implication of applying with an i-20 of a school u don't want to attend and later switching to one u want to attend? My target school has not responded to my admission application, but a safe school has. I'm pressed for time, and want to apply for an interview date with my safe school's i-20. If i get admitted at my target school would it pose any problems I am not aware of? Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.