Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,079 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865897 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
coobboy:

He said next year spring 2016 I believe

Okay sir.. If its 2016 its never too late

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 4:49pm On Oct 24, 2014
Walspring:

Okay sir.. If its 2016 its never too late
Abi,
Since he's having his SAT this december he can apply for fall sef
There's still summer, fall then spring (spring 2016 far ooh)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 5:04pm On Oct 24, 2014
coobboy:

Abi,
Since he's having his SAT this december he can apply for fall sef
There's still summer, fall then spring (spring 2016 far ooh)

For real big boss.. You are on point..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 24, 2014
Bro well done...
It would be better if you stated your full profile. GPA, proposed course of study, undergraduate course studied, work experience, research experience. Etc.
I am interested in this and would be grateful if the gurus could lend their voices here.
Cc bigFrancis, ebdib, imperioux, horayce et al
amanze15:
From JKK undecidedI just finish my GRE. The thing hard o I got 290, 147V 143q ihave sent it to my school of choice, ihave paid for my application, any moral boast from the gurus pls am waiting
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Teamo2(f): 5:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
Hello everyone
I'm so confused right now . Last week I submitted my application for Spring admission to Northeastern University but everything seems not to be working out fine because I have 3 (three) transcripts and only two has been sent to WES. The last one will be sent out next week from Babcock University through FedEx.
Do you guys still think I still have a chance to be considered for admission. (You know the whole evaluation period and all.)
My other issue is that I did not write a standardised test because I have a PgDip from a UK university and I wrote IELTS in 2011 and the GRE is being waived because of the course I'm applying for (MS Health Informatics). I sent a mail to the school regarding this but no response over 3 days now.
Lastly, even if get the I-20, I only applied to one university(I don't believe in applying to several schools). What if the VO reads meaning into it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 5:58pm On Oct 24, 2014
Please, for those that have written GRE, how long will it take for one to view his scores online? It is imperative. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bartino: 5:59pm On Oct 24, 2014
imperiouxx:

Sending document along with reference number makes it easy for them to locate your documents on timely manner.

So you will have to be patient with them and pray you don't have to resend. This happens to a friend who sent ref number like a month after sending document.
so he had to resend his transcript?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by chemenger: 6:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
Hi gurus in the house,
I need ur vital info as regard my msc application to a university in usa. I was given admission by the school in fall 2014 and I have received i20 from them as well. Due to some reason I deferred the admission to spring 2015, now that I'm ready to pay my sevis fee and start the processing, is that same i20 valid or I would be issued another one by the school. Pls assist with ur vital info asap. Thanks all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
@Teamo

In order not to jeopardize your efforts, you need to get down to business.

Second, you have to read this forum more especially previous posts. We had shared a lot of ideas and strategies.

Please take at least one standardized test, but if you can't, then you would have to figure out some congent reasons to give on the day of your interview and pray that VO agrees with you.

In a nutshell, you have to be motivated. Motivation is the key here. Do not put all your eges in one basket and apply for more schools. Do not let undue pressure hamper your success. MA is a good state and I regard it as scholastic state cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by repsin(m): 6:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
chemenger:
Hi gurus in the house,
I need ur vital info as regard my msc application to a university in usa. I was given admission by the school in fall 2014 and I have received i20 from them as well. Due to some reason I deferred the admission to spring 2015, now that I'm ready to pay my sevis fee and start the processing, is that same i20 valid or I would be issued another one by the school. Pls assist with ur vital info asap. Thanks all
You have to request for a new i20. The fall i20 is not valid.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by berry45: 7:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
sent sevis fee through mail on Tuesday and haven't actually confirm the payment, it been at least 3 days now; does anyone has an idea of what could be going on please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
berry45:
sent sevis fee through mail on Tuesday and haven't actually confirm the payment, it been at least 3 days now; does anyone has an idea of what could be going on please?

expect your payment to reflect today or next week Monday or Tuesday...

I already answered your yesterday or day before yesterday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:03pm On Oct 24, 2014
chemenger:
Hi gurus in the house,

You will need a new I-20 for this spring semester 2015 and request for it as soon as possible...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by berry45: 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2014
Walspring:

expect your payment to reflect today or next week Monday or Tuesday...

I already answered your yesterday or day before yesterday.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2014
bartino:
so he had to resend his transcript?

I didn't say that. I said he should be hoping that they locate his document on time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by OgbeniVan: 9:58pm On Oct 24, 2014
innovativeame:
Please, for those that have written GRE, how long will it take for one to view his scores online? It is imperative. Thanks
10-15 days. Mine took 11 days. That's if you're referring to the CBT tho.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 10:24pm On Oct 24, 2014
sirRiddy:
Bro well done...
It would be better if you stated your full profile. GPA, proposed course of study, undergraduate course studied, work experience, research experience. Etc.
I am interested in this and would be grateful if the gurus could lend their voices here.
Cc bigFrancis, ebdib, imperioux, horayce et al
unilorin geology 2.72gpa (lecturers) petroleum geology/engineering for a masters at missouri. S & T, worked as an intern @ Kogi state rural water suply and sanitation agency and i taught a second school for a year, worked on the pebble morphogenesis of the basal abeokuta group telling its transportional history
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by akanni(m): 11:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
Morris:
oh am so happy for you brother a very big congratulations to you. we will meet at Aggie Pride! NC you code naa lolz. Thank God

aggie pride,aggie power!!!!!lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by akanni(m): 11:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
Teamo2:
Hello everyone
I'm so confused right now . Last week I submitted my application for Spring admission to Northeastern University but everything seems not to be working out fine because I have 3 (three) transcripts and only two has been sent to WES. The last one will be sent out next week from Babcock University through FedEx.
Do you guys still think I still have a chance to be considered for admission. (You know the whole evaluation period and all.)
My other issue is that I did not write a standardised test because I have a PgDip from a UK university and I wrote IELTS in 2011 and the GRE is being waived because of the course I'm applying for (MS Health Informatics). I sent a mail to the school regarding this but no response over 3 days now.
Lastly, even if get the I-20, I only applied to one university(I don't believe in applying to several schools). What if the VO reads meaning into it.

check out the deadline for admission in your school as long as it gets to them before it closes, you should be good.
Also, check the admission requirements, it will solve the question you asking.
Lastly, you cannot determine what the VO's state of mind is.
You believed the school you saw satisfied your requirements, hence, you stuck with the school.
You just have to convince the VO if she/he asks you why only 1 school, don't put yourself in knots jare, you are still ok.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 1:10am On Oct 25, 2014
OgbeniVan:

10-15 days. Mine took 11 days. That's if you're referring to the CBT tho.
Yeah, C BT. Thanks for your timely response. Gracias.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 2:58am On Oct 25, 2014
chemenger:
Hi gurus in the house,
so far you ve deferred to spring the school will send d i-20 for the spring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 4:36am On Oct 25, 2014
Hello gurus in the house. Is it advisable to use a family account as your statement of account? Accompanied by a bank reference letter and a letter of sponsorship from one of your siblings who's a signatory to the account? Urgent advise needed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by philsteez: 5:58am On Oct 25, 2014
chemenger:
Hi gurus in the house,
you would be issued another I -20 letter by the school, but most likely u'll have the same servis no on both the old and the new I-20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 25, 2014
Hello forumite, please i need names of USA schools that does not require GRE for masters admission and does not require WES evaluation of transcript. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lockupman(m): 8:22am On Oct 25, 2014
Your profile would present you bare to the VO as a potential immigrant even though that is what we are all going there to do

amanze15:
unilorin geology 2.72gpa (lecturers) petroleum geology/engineering for a masters at missouri. S & T, worked as an intern @ Kogi state rural water suply and sanitation agency and i taught a second school for a year, worked on the pebble morphogenesis of the basal abeokuta group telling its transportional history
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lockupman(m): 8:26am On Oct 25, 2014
By the time you get those schools admission without GRE, you'll still have the VO to contend with. I'll advice you to take the GRE whether your score would be needed or not.

yemiteantho:
Hello forumite, please i need names of USA schools that does not require GRE for masters admission and does not require WES evaluation of transcript. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 8:33am On Oct 25, 2014
amanze15:

I say Probitas Doctrina shocked

lockupman:

Your profile would present you bare to the VO as a potential immigrant even though that is what we are all going there to do

So what portends 'potential immigration' intent here? It's just a normal profile of someone with work experience.
The only issue is his low GRE score which I think he should work on. Going for such a course requires better and more competitive GRE score. And maybe his low CGPA may dent his chances.

Please, no harm but not all of us are potential immigrants.
Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 25, 2014
amanze15:

Hmm.
The score is low to be honest.
You do have an internship which is good.
Can you fund yourself?
Can you go through the stress of rewriting gre if you feel you can do better?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by chemenger: 9:10am On Oct 25, 2014
philsteez:

you would be issued another I -20 letter by the school, but most likely u'll have the same servis no on both the old and the new I-20
Thanks bro, the school in question is IIT and I tried contacting them for a new i20 but no response yet. Can I proceed to sevis fee payment with this I20 with me hoping that they would send a new I20 to me before the interview day?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 9:12am On Oct 25, 2014
Walspring:

For real big boss.. You are on point..
Na so oh oga boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 25, 2014
yemiteantho:

For some strange reason,
You don't want gre
You don't want wes evaluation.
Yet you want somebody to do your work for you.

It's OK.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 9:16am On Oct 25, 2014
Good morning all,
A question for all....Please, can I go to the embassy with a bank statement of about 8 months (say March to November), or is there a stern requirement of just 6 months?
This is because I got a part-scholarship and would be self-sponsoring the remaining fund. But the account I want to use is not really a 'busy' one. Hence, printing for 8 months would help make the transactions on it look better and much.
Please, advice accordingly. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.