Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,843 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865868 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 9:27am On Oct 25, 2014
MrRoYCe:

Boss FedEx called my yesterday to come and pick up my I-20(Troy Uni.)
Boss, did you pay troy via fedex for the mailing of your I-20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 25, 2014
You need to use google to search for the schools yourself since it is only you who know what course you wish to study, your academic profile.etc. Writing a standardized test would boost your chances of securing a visa at the embassy. So do your search for yourself and do not ask generic questions again. All the best.
yemiteantho:
Hello forumite, please i need names of USA schools that does not require GRE for masters admission and does not require WES evaluation of transcript. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 9:47am On Oct 25, 2014
nedum360:
Hello gurus in the house. Is it advisable to use a family account as your statement of account? Accompanied by a bank reference letter and a letter of sponsorship from one of your siblings who's a signatory to the account? Urgent advise needed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by philsteez: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2014
chemenger:
Thanks bro, the school in question is IIT and I tried contacting them for a new i20 but no response yet. Can I proceed to sevis fee payment with this I20 with me hoping that they would send a new I20 to me before the interview day?
well, paying the servis fee is not the big deal, getting your 1-20 before the interview date is the very important thing. The servis fee can be transfered from one I-20 to the other even after payment. so I would suggest you have the assurance of getting the new 1-20 before booking an interview date at the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:45am On Oct 25, 2014
berry45:

Thanks

lets give the thanks to big capital GOD

Is your payment reflecting now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:47am On Oct 25, 2014
coobboy:

No you wont pay for it maybe when you resume you might pay for it since its payment upon arrival
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 12:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
Walspring:

No you wont pay for it maybe when you resume you might pay for it since its payment upon arrival
Thank you boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 25, 2014
Dot1:
Good morning all,
A question for all....Please, can I go to the embassy with a bank statement of about 8 months (say March to November), or is there a stern requirement of just 6 months?
This is because I got a part-scholarship and would be self-sponsoring the remaining fund. But the account I want to use is not really a 'busy' one. Hence, printing for 8 months would help make the transactions on it look better and much.
Please, advice accordingly. Thanks
Dot1...
This is also bothering me and I've asked the same question b4....my own statement of account is from April to October...I need d gurus to just lemme knw dis won't be a problem...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 2:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
lockupman:

Your profile would present you bare to the VO as a potential immigrant even though that is what we are all going there to do

Why and how?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 2:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
Dot1:
Good morning all,
A question for all....Please, can I go to the embassy with a bank statement of about 8 months (say March to November), or is there a stern requirement of just 6 months?
This is because I got a part-scholarship and would be self-sponsoring the remaining fund. But the account I want to use is not really a 'busy' one. Hence, printing for 8 months would help make the transactions on it look better and much.
Please, advice accordingly. Thanks

Even if it's a year length, so far it's good, real and your file can contain it, you're fine.

6 months reduce the cumbersomeness of the paper and the VO's glancing time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MrRoYCe(m): 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2014
coobboy:

Nooo...I haven't pay them anything o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MrRoYCe(m): 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2014
Good Afternoon Everybody.....Pls is it possible for my Sister in London help me pay the SEVIS fee from there.....

And to fellow prospective Trojans, did you also have student fund as sponsor on your I-20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2014
imperiouxx:

Even if it's a year length, so far it's good, real and your file can contain it, you're fine.

6 months reduce the cumbersomeness of the paper and the VO's glancing time.
Thanks bro.
VO should be ready for my bank statement from January to December then grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 4:09pm On Oct 25, 2014
profojah:

Dot1...
This is also bothering me and I've asked the same question b4....my own statement of account is from April to October...I need d gurus to just lemme knw dis won't be a problem...
I think you are good with it. No problem as long as it's still recent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 4:15pm On Oct 25, 2014
MrRoYCe:

Nooo...I haven't pay them anything o
Oh lol nice...
And one more thing: what's written on your I-20 is it family funds or students personal funds
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
MrRoYCe:
Good Afternoon Everybody.....Pls is it possible for my Sister in London help me pay the SEVIS fee from there.....

And to fellow prospective Trojans, did you also have student fund as sponsor on your I-20
Man that's the same p I'm having too oh, on the I-20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Chukwumahike: 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hello Nlanders in d hos, I contacted the graduate admission office of uni of Wisconsin to mak enquiry for GRE requirment for biotechnology. Her response was dat GRE isn't required n dat two yrs post BSc degree xperience is #1 criteria. Secondly she said no applicant from naija has ever gotten a visa. My qstion is shud I still apply knowin dat I will write GRE because of VO n can I say I hav xperienc in my CV weras I don't, hop it will not b a problem?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
Chukwumahike:
Hello Nlanders in d hos, I contacted the graduate admission office of uni of Wisconsin to mak enquiry for GRE requirment for biotechnology. Her response was dat GRE isn't required n dat two yrs post BSc degree xperience is #1 criteria. Secondly she said no applicant from naija has ever gotten a visa. My qstion is shud I still apply knowin dat I will write GRE because of VO n can I say I hav xperienc in my CV weras I don't, hop it will not b a problem?
I can understand why all that is getting you down. That sounds like a bummer. Did you ask why?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MrRoYCe(m): 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2014
coobboy:

Man that's the same p I'm having too oh, on the I-20

I won even mail the woman sef now......wetin person fit do again o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2014
naira landers ....

I would be taking the GRE on 28th of next month. I believe I have gone through the right books. I got Manhattan and Princeton practice tests. For the Manhattan my verbal and quant scores has being average like 156- 157 range, while princeton was just a bit better. I have never got 160 on any section.

It's making me worried because I have worked assiduously for this exam.
Any advice from past GRE takers or US gurus- i need a modicum of encouragement.

Plan to take the powerprep nxt Month.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
dicapino:
naira landers ....

I would be taking the GRE on 28th of next month. I believe I have gone through the right books. I got Manhattan and Princeton practice tests. For the Manhattan my verbal and quant scores has being average like 156- 157 range, while princeton was just a bit better. I have never got 160 on any section.

It's making me worried because I have worked assiduously for this exam.
Any advice from past GRE takers or US gurus- i need a modicum of encouragement.

Plan to take the powerprep nxt Month.

Magoosh is the best. 80% of what you practice will sure come up! All the best bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
amanze15:
unilorin geology 2.72gpa (lecturers) petroleum geology/engineering for a masters at missouri. S & T, worked as an intern @ Kogi state rural water suply and sanitation agency and i taught a second school for a year, worked on the pebble morphogenesis of the basal abeokuta group telling its transportional history

You mean 2.72 on a 5.00 scale?? Atleast I know unilorin is on a 5.00 scale.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Denvan: 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
Pls, where in Lagos can I get my
internatnal pport? how much is it? hw long does it take to get it and
what document do I need to get it? pls sbd help a friend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
imperiouxx:

Why and how?

Probably because he studied geology and the work experience is about teaching, sanitation and transportation history. How does that relate to the course studied. He might look more like a hustler to the VO. Just my 2cents
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2014
Denvan:

Your question is annoying because if you still don't know how to procure yourself a passport, I wonder what you are doing on this thread! Go on Google and search if you don't know about Nigerian Immigration! Jeezzz!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2014
coobboy:

Thank you boss

Lets give the thanks to big capital GOD
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
Denvan:

Send me PM for more details on this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2014
sabiguy:

Your question is annoying because if you still don't know how to procure yourself a passport, I wonder what you are doing on this thread! Go on Google and search if you don't know about Nigerian Immigration! Jeezzz!

You sound funny here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
MrRoYCe:

I won even mail the woman sef now......wetin person fit do again o.
You gats call them for quicker response, cos if you mail them hmm I don't think they'll ever reply you (ya know), I think its a general error.
That's what I'm going to do, how absurd of them having a general error on everybody's I-20 (I know 4 people with this similar error).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
[quote author=nedum360 post=27435906][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
nedum360:
Hello gurus in the house. Is it advisable to use a family account as your statement of account? Accompanied by a bank reference letter and a letter of sponsorship from one of your siblings who's a signatory to the account? Urgent advise needed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 25, 2014
Walspring:

You sound funny here.

Bro please I need to know. Like what scores of GRE is considered excellent?

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.