Stats: 3,153,925 members, 7,821,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868891 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by adikatobi: 9:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hello gurus in the house, please can any1 give me names of schools in the us that accept low GP that's below 3.0 for masters in public health? I also want to know if anyone has any idea what WES conversion of 2.5 will be?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
amanze15:
From JKK undecidedI just finish my GRE. The thing hard o I got 290, 147V 143q ihave sent it to my school of choice, ihave paid for my application, any moral boast from the gurus pls am waiting

Please house... Is the above a good score for GRE? I have a mindset that anything less than 150 is unacceptable? How true is that? Cc walspring siriddy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
adikatobi:
Hello gurus in the house, please can any1 give me names of schools in the us that accept low GP that's below 3.0 for masters in public health? I also want to know if anyone has any idea what WES conversion of 2.5 will be?

There are alotta schools that will accept you. Just search on Google. Most schools consider your GRE tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2014
sabiguy:

Please house... Is the above a good score for GRE? I have a mindset that anything less than 150 is unacceptable? How true is that? Cc walspring siriddy

Yes. Anything that is less than 150 is low
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by codedove: 10:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hello guru's in the house. Is it possible to tender my NECO result in place of WAEC at the american embassy for my undergraduate studies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by adikatobi: 10:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
adikatobi:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
codedove:
Hello guru's in the house. Is it possible to tender my NECO result in place of WAEC at the american embassy for my undergraduate studies.
I think you can, as long as its part of the o'level result category
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
Denvan, I wanted to reply you earlier today but I have been a little busy. The passport can be procured in ikoyi or alausa at the immigration offices situated there. In contrast, I got mine at osogbo since I shuttle between lagos and osun state; moreover, I heard it is easier to process the document outside lagos. It cost me 25k because I used the services of an agent there. I believe it might be less expensive without an intermediary, however this route might take a longer time. I was able to get mine the same day.
My advice is for you to budget thirty thousand naira for it.
To get expedient responses here next time, please try and ask specific questions here and show the house that you have done some search next time. Generic questions portend that you did not use the search engines at all, thereby portraying as being indolent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
sabiguy:

Your question is annoying because if you still don't know how to procure yourself a passport, I wonder what you are doing on this thread! Go on Google and search if you don't know about Nigerian Immigration! Jeezzz!

He only asked a question..People should learn how to be courteous when replying questions asked..I havent seen how the question he is asked is annoying.If you dont know,kindly stay away..No person should come here and be claiming to be the wisest..Shey you no ask questions when you got yours?Abi did you just wake up and got your passport?..Please lets practice a little bit of courtesy when answering questions..

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by adikatobi: 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hello guru in the house, I just heard that there is no admission in the united states cos of ebola how true is this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
Based on my circumscribed experience about the GRE, I think 150 is touted as average but it may be misleading since the scores are ranked using percentiles. It would be better to say that your GRE scores are as good as your school requirements. If you want to get accepted into computer science program of Arizona SU, a quant score of 155 is considered low since average score for accepted candidate is 159. In addition, your score in the exam depends on your intended score of study. An aspiring engineering student would aim for a higher quant score, and a history major student would want to ace his verbal.
Finally, the GRE is used for admission consideration as well as funding. So the best is to aim for a 160 in both section and prepare well for the test.
sabiguy:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2014
Based on my circumscribed experience about the GRE, I think 150 is touted as average but it may be misleading since the scores are ranked using percentiles. It would be better to say that your GRE scores are as good as your school requirements. If you want to get accepted into computer science program of Arizona SU, a quant score of 155 is considered low since average score for accepted candidate is 159. In addition, your score in the exam depends on your intended score of study. An aspiring engineering student would aim for a higher quant score, and a history major student would want to ace his verbal.
Finally, the GRE is used for admission consideration as well as funding. So the best is to aim for a 160 in both section and prepare well for the test.
sabiguy:

sabiguy:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
codedove:

Yes its possible cos it is recognized
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:09pm On Oct 25, 2014
adikatobi:
Hello guru in the house, I just heard that there is no admission in the united states cos of ebola how true is this?

Where did you read that from and can you paste the new link there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
mattkelly:

He only asked a question..People should learn how to be courteous when replying questions asked..I havent seen how the question he is asked is annoying.If you dont know,kindly stay away..No person should come here and be claiming to be the wisest..Shey you no ask questions when you got yours?Abi did you just wake up and got your passport?..Please lets practice a little bit of courtesy when answering questions..

All said and done

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MrRoYCe(m): 11:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
coobboy:

You gats call them for quicker response, cos if you mail them hmm I don't think they'll ever reply you (ya know), I think its a general error.
That's what I'm going to do, how absurd of them having a general error on everybody's I-20 (I know 4 people with this similar error).

Would've called her but today is Saturday....Will definitely call her/them first thing on monday.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
sabiguy:

Bro please I need to know. Like what scores of GRE is considered excellent?

I dont have much idea on this but those who have idea will talk about it as soon as they come across it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 12:25am On Oct 26, 2014
wow, thanks to every one who did quote and made a tangible comment undecided the gre score is low cry and my gpa wouldn't help either.....so please i need a cogent or rather a direct advice? undecided undergraduate was tough
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 12:30am On Oct 26, 2014
Walspring:

Yes. Anything that is less than 150 is low
pls walspring do u think i should retake the exam? my prep was hasty and scrappy but i have paid 75 dollars as application fee already cry< pls give a shred of hope pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Femicrux: 1:23am On Oct 26, 2014
Chukwumahike:
Hello Nlanders in d hos, I contacted the graduate admission office of uni of Wisconsin to mak enquiry for GRE requirment for biotechnology. Her response was dat GRE isn't required n dat two yrs post BSc degree xperience is #1 criteria. Secondly she said no applicant from naija has ever gotten a visa. My qstion is shud I still apply knowin dat I will write GRE because of VO n can I say I hav xperienc in my CV weras I don't, hop it will not b a problem?

Why don't you just strike the school off your list? There are thousands of schools in the US. Additionally, you should see the pre-application inquiries you are making as a cogent tool to make informed choices and not one to stick stubbornly to what is glaringly not the best for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 4:36am On Oct 26, 2014
amanze15:
wow, thanks to every one who did quote and made a tangible comment undecided the gre score is low cry and my gpa wouldn't help either.....so please i need a cogent or rather a direct advice? undecided undergraduate was tough

I'm also an alumnus of your alma mater and I know building GPA could be a herculean task. I know that's an euphemism. grin

Some GRE tutors have postulated that- since the exam is a standardized test, writing it any number of times using the same material and/or study techniques will do little to change your result.
Hence, my own advice is; since you can't do anything to change your CGPA, do something to your GRE. There is no harm in rewriting it, that's if you would change your study materials and techniques.

But you might need to mail the score recipients of the first result to apprise them of the happenings.

I hope you are aiming for Fall term and not Spring.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by repsin(m): 6:42am On Oct 26, 2014
amanze15:
Bros, don't feel bad about your GRE score and GPA. Some schools can still give you admission based on some other supporting conditions. I have friends who got admitted with both low GRE and GPA. Some even got GA when they got they got there but I will advice you to take TOEFL which is quite easier and apply to a minimum of six schools. I personally believe that the more schools you apply to, the more chances you're creating for yourself. You can apply to ten schools, no harm.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 7:00am On Oct 26, 2014
MrRoYCe:

Would've called her but today is Saturday....Will definitely call her/them first thing on monday.
Alright nice move
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 7:05am On Oct 26, 2014
[quote author=nedum360 post=27435906][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 7:06am On Oct 26, 2014
nedum360:
Hello nairalanders. Please sb should anwser my question. Is it advisable to use a family account as your statement of account? Accompanied by a bank reference letter and a letter of sponsorship from one of your siblings who's a signatory to the account? Urgent advise needed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 26, 2014
sirRiddy:

Ok thanks for the details. GRE is based on what scale? I mean the total score. Is it 160/200 or what?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 26, 2014
mattkelly:

Its okay. Excuse my comment. I just thought its normal to know about passports and immigration as an intending traveler. Anyways, I'm sorry

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 26, 2014
repsin:
Bros, don't feel bad about your GRE score and GPA. Some schools can still give you admission based on some other supporting conditions. I have friends who got admitted with both low GRE and GPA. Some even got GA when they got they got there but I will advice you to take TOEFL which is quite easier and apply to a minimum of six schools. I personally believe that the more schools you apply to, the more chances you're creating for yourself. You can apply to ten schools, no harm.

I dont mean to sound obfuscating, but won't the VO frown at his GPA? I'm just curious
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by repsin(m): 7:44am On Oct 26, 2014
sabiguy:

I dont mean to sound obfuscating, but won't the VO frown at his GPA? I'm just curious
That is when he has to step up his game and convinve the VO reasons for his low GPA. That's why it's called an interview. I have friends that got there visas with low GPA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 26, 2014
170 for both verbal and quant, 130 being the least you can score in either sections. Analytical Writing is scored over 6.
sabiguy:

Ok thanks for the details. GRE is based on what scale? I mean the total score. Is it 160/200 or what?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 26, 2014
sirRiddy:
170 for both verbal and quant, 130 being the least you can score in either sections. Analytical Writing is scored over 6.

Ok thanks wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 8:29am On Oct 26, 2014
Whew! I have been busy lately. In my life, I have never traveled like I did in the past few days. Even on my birthday, I was in thr bus from 6:45am-10:30pm. sad It ain't easy trying to walk tall.

Morning, beautiful people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50