Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865964 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by opad(m): 9:02am On Oct 29, 2014
How best can one contact WES please, my school has been done verifying my transcript since last week (confirmed) friday but my status hasnt changed from 'Waiting for verification from institution' yet.
I called their number many times, the voice prompt keeps holding for an agent that never shows up.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 9:14am On Oct 29, 2014
justwise:

Yes he can, you don't need anybody here to discourage/encourage you to commit crime, just get on with it.
perfect response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 29, 2014
kokegbe:
dont take the stuff personal. It's not compulsory that i take ur advise. Thanks
You sound very arrogant. I fault him for even offering to help you in the first place. Why not go ahead and let your friend in Italy assist you rather than spamming the thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dotman2460: 9:50am On Oct 29, 2014
Good news and not soo good news. One granted while the other was "temporarily" denied......I believe the visa is his and he will claim it the next time.

I and one other NL member went for our visa interview this morning. Mine was granted.

Very short interview.

VO: Good morning sir.
ME: Good morning.

VO: What is your purpose of travel?
ME: Masters Degree in Computer Science.

Brief pause....

VO: How did you found out about the school?
ME: A recommendation from an alumni.

VO: Who will pay for your study?
ME: My dad.

VO: What does he do?
ME: Works with so and so.

The moment she set aside my passport and returned my other document, I knew God has done it.
She then utters those magical words, "Pick up your visa at this address on Monday'.

I turned around, smiled from ear to ear, punched the air and kept on wishing everyone on my way out goodluck, even the ones that were not there for any interview......security guards.

Nothing but God.

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 9:57am On Oct 29, 2014
opad:
How best can one contact WES please, my school has been done verifying my transcript since last week (confirmed) friday but my status hasnt changed from 'Waiting for verification from institution' yet.
I called their number many times, the voice prompt keeps holding for an agent that never shows up.
Thanks.
Wes don't respond to call/mail. Do you confirm if ur school have sent the verified transcript? If yes, wait they(wes) will update your status as soon as they receive it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 9:59am On Oct 29, 2014
dotman2460:
Good news and not soo good news. One granted while the other was "temporarily" denied......I believe the visa is his and he will claim it the next time.

I and one other NL member went for our visa interview this morning. Mine was granted.

Very short interview.

Brief pause....

The moment she set aside my passport and returned my other document, I knew God has done it.
She then utters those magical words, "Pick up your visa at this address on Monday'.

I turned around, smiled from ear to ear, punched the air and kept on wishing everyone on my way out goodluck, even the ones that were not there for any interview......security guards.

Nothing but God.

Congrat bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by repsin(m): 10:02am On Oct 29, 2014
Wow! That was a really short one. Congratulations
dotman2460:

Very short interview.

Brief pause....

Nothing but God.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mcfarlin(m): 10:28am On Oct 29, 2014
Good morning house

Please am a novice on the usa student admission stuff/visa.

What are the entry level requirements to study for a bachelors degree in the usa..preferrably in chicago.

Please I will appreciate your replies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:57am On Oct 29, 2014
kokegbe:
dont take the stuff personal. It's not compulsory that i take ur advise. Thanks

Personal as how? Do you think what i posted is just for you alone and you need to reason before you post.

Like i said before you are truly a confused man... because what he said and what other people said to you, Tell me what are the difference(s) there?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by michaelweezy: 10:58am On Oct 29, 2014
[quote author=Walspring post=27537412]

1, try and retrieve it again maybe tomorrow morning and if you can't then you fill another one as they suggest but if i may ask you since when have you be filling the ds160 because if you leave it for 30days and you didn't continue you can get it again cos it will wipe off by itself.

2, go and apply for a new passport and you can get it in a day or two days at either Alausa Lagos or Ikoyi lagos but i can give you details of Alausa if you stay close to ikeja.. When going for interview go along with the old and new passport and before that you can send them feedback to change your old passport number to the new passport number.[/quote. Thanks.. For the response ... I just filled the 1-20 2 days ago and my interview is in nov.. So I will go ahead as advised to get a new passport then inform then so they can update my information with the new passport number..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:07am On Oct 29, 2014
slimmy05:
You sound very arrogant. I fault him for even offering to help you in the first place. Why not go ahead and let your friend in Italy assist you rather than spamming the thread.

i only gave him 2 pieces of advise... Somewhere in lagos where justwise must not see the name on this thread and secondly seme border. I asked him to pm if he wants more details on it..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:10am On Oct 29, 2014
dotman2460:

Very short interview.

Brief pause....

Nothing but God.

Congrats bro and enjoy your stay in Obamaland...

For the other guy, please don't give up because you can fire back and claim your visa.

All must be well...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Folarge06(m): 11:15am On Oct 29, 2014
dotman2460:

Very short interview.

Brief pause....

Nothing but God.

Congrats Bro.
I tap from your success and testimony...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:18am On Oct 29, 2014
mcfarlin:
Good morning house

Please am a novice on the usa student admission stuff/visa.

What are the entry level requirements to study for a bachelors degree in the usa..preferrably in chicago.

Please I will appreciate your replies

You can make use of this below;

1, read this thread from page 1 to 6, you will get familiar with what and what you need.

2, make Google your friend and research very well

3, write either ielts or toelf or Sat.

4, apply and send your documents to schools of your choice.

5, pray to God because only him grant visa.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by justwise(m): 11:44am On Oct 29, 2014
Walspring:

i only gave him 2 pieces of advise... Somewhere in lagos where justwise must not see the name on this thread and secondly seme border. I asked him to pm if he wants more details on it..

...and each time you ask people to pm you for 'more details' you are giving people the impression that you have something to gain by referring people to that agency, you do that far too many times and people can easily read meaning into it.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mcfarlin(m): 11:49am On Oct 29, 2014
Walspring:

You can make use of this below;

1, read this thread from page 1 to 6, you will get familiar with what and what you need.

2, make Google your friend and research very well

3, write either ielts or toelf or Sat.

4, apply and send your documents to schools of your choice.

5, pray to God because only him grant visa.

Thanks a million friend.

Am about to register for sat and toefl...

Btw I thought the application to the school of choice is after the exams??....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2014
Walspring:

they will surely come back with my friend refused to pay it and his number is no longer connecting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by azeezbaba(m): 12:02pm On Oct 29, 2014
Congrats. Just like my own interview. We happen to have the same profile. Where are you headed?
dotman2460:

Very short interview.
Brief pause....
Nothing but God.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2014
justwise:
[/b]

...and each time you ask people to pm you for 'more details' you are giving people the impression that you have something to gain by referring people to that agency, you do that far too many times and people can easily read meaning into it.
I quite agree with you on this. The best bet is let him go ahead with his friend in Italy. You are not the PRO or Marketing officer of the said organization.

Walspring, we all know you mean no harm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
Pedigrecity, where art thou
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by opad(m): 12:18pm On Oct 29, 2014
Ctemi:

Wes don't respond to call/mail. Do you confirm if ur school have sent the verified transcript? If yes, wait they(wes) will update your status as soon as they receive it.
Yea, i have confirmed twice. Really anticipating their response in time. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:35pm On Oct 29, 2014
justwise:
[/b]

....well i don't need to argue on this at all because the same gain is also available for me at seme border too since they have that stupid thinking and i expect them to have same thinking for seme border agent too..

You are right i did that too many times in order not to violate the thread rules...

#adjustmentmodeactivated

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2014
mcfarlin:

Thanks a million friend.

Am about to register for sat and toefl...

Btw I thought the application to the school of choice is after the exams??....

thanks to God but i think ielts is easy to ace than toefl but do the one you prefer alongside with SAT because it will help you in scholarship application too.

either before of after the exam is okay but the best is for you to write the exam now as you are also applying to schools and you notify them that you are about to write the exam.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2014
slimmy05:
they will surely come back with my friend refused to pay it and his number is no longer connecting.

You are right and on board on this one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 29, 2014
imperiouxx:

There is more meaning to what he said than what you think. Question about work experience can be exploited at an interview. Also, job experience has slight impart on student interview outcome.

And since you asked,

Now see his case:

He studied geology (BS)

And researched on formation of pebbles which can also be found in water. However, his research study can be useful in oil and gas field.

He gained hands on experience by working with the Kogi State govt. The way he sells himself with the job description is what matters.

The bold statement is the key word here. He wants to study petroleum geology/engineering (MS). Does that sound familiar?..... Yes/No

If yes, then every other agreement under work experience is invalid. If he can piece all this together, he would stand a better chance during his interview.

I concur. The way he presents himself to the VO is what matters the most
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:56pm On Oct 29, 2014
slimmy05:
I quite agree with you on this. The best bet is let him go ahead with his friend in Italy. You are not the PRO or Marketing officer of the said organization.

Walspring, we all know you mean no harm.

Thanks all and God bless you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 12:58pm On Oct 29, 2014
dotman2460:

Very short interview.

Brief pause....

Nothing but God.

I tap into this your testimony and i pray this shall be my testimony too before the end of this year IJN.... Ameeeen

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mcfarlin(m): 1:04pm On Oct 29, 2014
Walspring:

thanks to God but i think ielts is easy to ace than toefl but do the one you prefer alongside with SAT because it will help you in scholarship application too.

either before of after the exam is okay but the best is for you to write the exam now as you are also applying to schools and you notify them that you are about to write the exam.

Thank you sir but my questions are innumerable right now...

Ok I think I will register for ielts then

My sponsor is based in chicago..

Please can you recommend any good schools in the chicago area?

Then how do I grade my o'level results?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 1:22pm On Oct 29, 2014
@charzyhy2 wassup?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by asadiaboymma: 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2014
Oga imperiouxx please Sir respond to my email, I'm really hoping u will!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by asadiaboymma: 2:21pm On Oct 29, 2014
Glocal1:
Hello bro, i've been unable to download d files above as my avast antivirus is detecting d files as virus.please kindly send the light ones to me thru pharmengy@yahoo.com, especially the official guide. Thanks n God bless.

I ve the same problem please help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
ZionSpecie:

sent u a pm as regards this bro. it's very urgent.
thanks

Replied you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.