Stats: 3,154,627 members, 7,823,761 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (869206 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by azeezbaba(m): 9:56pm On Aug 24, 2014
aanowai:

Azeez baba, I also have the same situation as u, though the reason I deferred my admission to Spring 2015 was because I needed more time to prepare. So January 2015 would be just fine for me but I wan ask oo.. Do u have ur I20 for Spring 2015 admission with u now? I'm asking so that I know when to expect mine (Sep or Oct).

Are you saying you have been admitted into NC A&T State University or that you got admitted in another school for Fall 2014 and now deferred till Spring 2015?

I don't have my Spring 2015 I-20 yet, I was told it will be ready by early october. So by October ending, it should have reached me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by azeezbaba(m): 10:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
damine:

Very interesting as I was also admitted for fall 2014 but deferred till spring 2015 because my admission letter came very late due to delays in WES evaluation. How does one get funding from them though?

I filled a Student Assistantship form which I have since submitted. Deadline for funding application is Mid September
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
Please, is it possible that the embassy contacts banks to verify the existence or genuiness of a sponsor's account when they put you on administrative processing & retain ur bank statement of account? #teamSpring2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2014
Dot1: Please, is it possible that the embassy contacts banks to verify the existence or genuiness of a sponsor's account when they put you on administrative processing & retain ur bank statement of account? #teamSpring2015
pls don't go to the embassy with olouwole packagings. Odikwa very risky. They may only want to verify only if they suspect the statement don't look original.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 10:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
teddyrain: pls don't go to the embassy with olouwole packagings. Odikwa very risky. They may only want to verify only if they suspect the statement don't look original.
And my next question is; can banks reveal your account details to the 3rd party, like ur account balance?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 10:26pm On Aug 24, 2014
teddyrain: talk to the officer responsible for that. I think most schools would want to see your financial docs.

Financial docs again? I already sent that earlier when I was applying for Fall 2014 admission. Are u saying, I will have to send another one?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 10:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
aanowai:

Financial docs again? I already sent that earlier when I was applying for Fall 2014 admission. Are u saying, I will have to send another one?
yes. An updated one. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 10:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
Dot1:
And my next question is; can banks reveal your account details to the 3rd party, like ur account balance?
sure! But it has to be permissible and approved by the account owner.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 11:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
pls dos who already got their letter of recomendation....how long did it take for ur lecturers to issue dem to you.....im about travelling to sch and budgeting to stay for a week....is it okay....? thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 11:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
Femicrux: Hello guys,

Pls, how does one pay for SEVIS fee with the new CBN policy allowing Nigerians send money via Western Union? Surely, I do not think one needs to travel to SEME border anymore.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by yomisley: 11:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
if bank will release your acct balance to some who claim his from embassy, then ur money is not safe, these people re crazy.. them dey go verify person acct.. the only time they verify is when they suspect your document and other stuff
teddyrain: sure! But it has to be permissible and approved by the account owner.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 12:46am On Aug 25, 2014
ridimic1: pls dos who already got their letter of recomendation....how long did it take for ur lecturers to issue dem to you.....im about travelling to sch and budgeting to stay for a week....is it okay....? thanks

It is something you can do in 3 days so far as the lecturers are available. Now that recommendation is electronic and done online, ie their emails you included on your application, the schools will send links to requesting them to recommend you online. It is left to you to lobby them and see that they respond quickly to the email and do the recommendation.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Feexo: 1:19am On Aug 25, 2014
MsNas, BigFrancis and others, please what qualifies one to fill the I-765 form?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 1:23am On Aug 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

It is something you can do in 3 days so far as the lecturers are available. Now that recommendation is electronic and done online, ie their emails you included on your application, the schools will send links to requesting them to recommend you online. It is left to you to lobby them and see that they respond quickly to the email and do the recommendation.

thanks big francis....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 1:56am On Aug 25, 2014
Feexo: MsNas, BigFrancis and others, please what qualifies one to fill the I-765 form?
Wetin be that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:47am On Aug 25, 2014
Sometimes i wonder why Africans are being manipulated. I feel very disappointed and angry. The referee is clearly a racist so she disallowed our goal and deprived us from winning the Cup and also making history. FIFA is just a business agency.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 3:08am On Aug 25, 2014
Joenice: Sometimes i wonder why Africans are being manipulated. I feel very disappointed and angry. The referee is clearly a racist so she disallowed our goal and deprived us from winning the Cup and also making history. FIFA is just a business agency.
u r wrong..it was a clear offside n besides d officiating was fair enof. If Osheola hadnt put her foot to d ball, it wud av counted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 4:59am On Aug 25, 2014
Feexo: MsNas, BigFrancis and others, please what qualifies one to fill the I-765 form?

The I-765 form is for the purpose of filing for Work Authorization or EAD. Basically, as an international student you generally cannot file for EAD except under these conditions:

1) You are filing for economic hardship or changes in economic situation back home. You'll need to have studied for at least 1 year in the US to be eligible to file for I-765. You will also need to prove that your economic situation back home(sponsor's loss in financial funds, lost his job, died recently, negative changes in exchange rates etc) and/or here has changed for the worse that you need work authorization to be able to work off campus to financially support yourself.
http://www.ice.gov/sevis/employment/faq_f_off1.htm

2) You are filing for OPT, on completion of course work.
http://www.uscis.gov/eir/visa-guide/f-1-opt-optional-practical-training/understanding-f-1-opt-requirements

3) You are an asylum applicant who filed for asylum of which after 150 days your case is still pending for a final decision.
http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum

4) Your visa status is about to be/has recently changed to immigrant status, such as through marriage, but you are still in the process of making your stay permanent, then you are eligible to file for work authorization to enable you work in the meantime.

The EAD is valid for 1 year after which you'll need to renew it, that is if your visa status in the US still remains nonimmigrant during all that time. Generally it takes about 2 to 3 months to be issued to the applicant.

http://www.uscis.gov/i-765

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 7:25am On Aug 25, 2014
part 6 !!haba,una dey fast !!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 8:16am On Aug 25, 2014
@The Flint, it takes 5 weeks for college board to send Sat scores to your schools, and writing SAT in December is risky oooo, because most scholarship ends beginning of January ...make we see for house...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by RexNdubest(m): 8:29am On Aug 25, 2014
Amefrica:

I have a guy there! I can link you if you don't mind..

Amefrica pls reply my pm. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 25, 2014
RexNdubest:
Amefrica pls reply my pm. Thanks

I've done that bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Tashaa(f): 9:33am On Aug 25, 2014
good morning guys.. just started following this thread. u guys are awesome... pls I have a question to ask.. is it possible to get admssion directly into pharmacy considering the fact that I have a degree in human physiology or It is compulsory to do pre-pharm courses??.. because thats what most schools are saying. .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by RexNdubest(m): 10:01am On Aug 25, 2014
Amefrica:

I've done that bro!

Ok, sent u another one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 25, 2014
JabinodelaRatta: u r wrong..it was a clear offside n besides d officiating was fair enof. If Osheola hadnt put her foot to d ball, it wud av counted.
I'm wrong indeed. Look let me tell you, it's not only when a gun is pointed at you that you'll know you've been robbed. In football, there are so many ways of robbing an opponent and unfortunately the girls were robbed today. I've been following football since I was 5. Why didn't FIFA show replay as usual? This type of situation can lead to fans fighting in the stadium. This is US thread so I will stop here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 25, 2014
RexNdubest:
Ok, sent u another one.

I've replied! Ckeck your in or spam box..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by shakol91(m): 11:04am On Aug 25, 2014
Joenice: I'm wrong indeed. Look let me tell, it's not only when a gun is pointed at you that you'll know you've been robbed. In football, there are so many ways of robbing an opponent and unfortunately the girls were robbed today. I've been following since I was 5. Why didn't FIFA show replay as usual? This type of situation can lead to fans fighting in the stadium. This is US thread so I will stop here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Stewee(m): 11:52am On Aug 25, 2014
justwise: Welcome to part 6 of general usa student visa thread, part 5 has reached 500 pages and need to be discontinued.

Please continue posting your inquiries and contributions here.

Part 5 is here for references. https://www.nairaland.com/1482362/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part5

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Thank you

Wow
Part 6 already?
Awesome!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Stewee(m): 11:54am On Aug 25, 2014
So I finally arrived Daytona beach,Florida.
My flight was a very long one.
Sleep is all that matters right now.

Transcript will come soon.

It's crazy as hell.

Daytona Beach is peaceful and nice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by alobam1: 1:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
Stewee: So I finally arrived Daytona beach,Florida.
My flight was a very long one.
Sleep is all that matters right now.

Transcript will come soon.

It's crazy as hell.

Daytona Beach is peaceful and nice.

Excepting una Transcript..Welcome to America

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by damine: 2:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
azeezbaba:

I filled a Student Assistantship form which I have since submitted. Deadline for funding application is Mid September

That's interesting. Please share the link to the form with me & who did you send it to after completing it. My expectation (based on the info on the graduate school page) was that every prospective student was considered for assistantships automatically. Didn't know I could also apply directly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 2:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
RexNdubest: @bigfrancis21, MsNas, Kpoli, Imperioxx, Walspring, Graviton2, gogG, Joenice, America, etc;

Do u guys know any NL family in Philadelphia or Upenn in particular. Ur help will be very useful to me. I'll be arriving Philly late no thanks to my sponsor (scholarship ). Thanks as I await ur responses

Nope nope embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia