Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865880 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mystiqme: 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
zeezahbee: is Washington the only place on ecan find a Nigeria embassy?
Yes. The only Nigerian embassy is in Washington DC. However, we have consulates in NYC and ATL, which also issue passports and visas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by RexNdubest(m): 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
Amefrica:

I have a guy there! I can link you if you don't mind..

Ok, Amefrica. Just sent u a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
zeezahbee: WRONG, he shouldn't go to the school on his visa, NEVER, once he reports to the school on his visa, it means he will be checked in and the one semester rule before transferring will happen, the school might terminate his sevis if he says anything about transferring asap. have always said it here, GO TO THE CC STRAIGHT not the school on your visa, OR ELSE YOU GONNA GET STRUCK
so what will happen after going straight to the cc sch?
pls explain
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theyjih: 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2014
@thread with guys familiar with amazon, Abebooks, etc what site would u recommend getting textbooks for MD/ Dvm students.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
princejeffery: Thanks bro osahons9 I really appreciate ur kindness. .. pls I will like to ask u a few ? If u won't mind? ? But r u on whatsapp or bbm?

I don't mind. Just pm me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by glomona09: 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2014
[quote author=zeezahbee]NYSC aint a criteria for admission, its your decision, you can do it before you leave Nigeria or you can go back for it after your masters, different strokes for different people, some people didn't do NYSC at all. if you see yourself becoming a politician in future or you wanna work in a government parastatal then do your nysc before going anywhere[/quote thanks a bunch!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
zeezahbee: WRONG, he shouldn't go to the school on his visa, NEVER, once he reports to the school on his visa, it means he will be checked in and the one semester rule before transferring will happen, the school might terminate his sevis if he says anything about transferring asap. have always said it here, GO TO THE CC STRAIGHT not the school on your visa, OR ELSE YOU GONNA GET STRUCK
so if I go to the cc how will they transfer my sevis?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by damine: 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
bigfrancis21:

@bold...you need to back up your self-sponsorship with something very convincing and tangible that you are doing, ie a well-paying job that you have that pays you very well, or a fluorishing business that you are doing that is providing you with such funds. Expect to furnish the VO with job payslips or personal/business account(s) that reflect considerable flow of money. Schooling in US can be expensive and the VO expects that you back up your claim with evidence of your source of income.

Thanks. I'll get necessary documents from my office as well as account statements & pay slips.

Any info about the schools- TROY uni, Shippensburg uni & NCAT state uni?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by addictiv(m): 4:23pm On Aug 24, 2014
pls can international passport be accepted as a valid id by ETS in registering for GRE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by azeezbaba(m): 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
damine:
Thanks. I'll get necessary documents from my office as well as account statements & pay slips.
Any info about the schools- TROY uni, Shippensburg uni & NCAT state uni?

I was admitted into NC A&T State University for Fall 2014 but I deferred my admission to Spring 2015 due to their delay in processing my I-20. I know they have good funding although I have not been given any. Hope that helps
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
addictiv: pls can international passport be accepted as a valid id by ETS in registering for GRE?

Surely!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Femicrux: 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
Hello guys,

Pls, how does one pay for SEVIS fee with the new CBN policy allowing Nigerians send money via Western Union? Surely, I do not think one needs to travel to SEME border anymore.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2014
azeezbaba:

I was admitted into NC A&T State University for Fall 2014 but I deferred my admission to Spring 2015 due to their delay in processing my I-20. I know they have good funding although I have not been given any. Hope that helps

Azeez baba, I also have the same situation as u, though the reason I deferred my admission to Spring 2015 was because I needed more time to prepare. So January 2015 would be just fine for me but I wan ask oo.. Do u have ur I20 for Spring 2015 admission with u now? I'm asking so that I know when to expect mine (Sep or Oct).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 5:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
Theyjih: @thread with guys familiar with amazon, Abebooks, etc what site would u recommend getting textbooks for MD/ Dvm students.?
Check Amazon and Chegg.com to get the prices. Then compare it from some other sites like EBay for a bargain. Books are always pretty much expensive on Amazon compared to ebay.

I got one of my books for $45 on ebay last night (International Edition from India) whereas Amazon had the priced pegged at $225. EBay always have some pretty good deals. Chegg.com too.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by seunzyy: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
Please house, how do you calculate waec result to gpa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theyjih: 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
MsNas:
Check Amazon and Chegg.com to get the prices. Then compare it from some other sites like EBay for a bargain. Books are always pretty much expensive on Amazon compared to ebay.
i got one of my books for $45 on ebay last night (International Edition India) Amazon had the priced pegged at $225. EBay always have some pretty good deals. Chegg.com too.

Thanks nazzi.. eleri ibu ni amazon!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2014
zeezahbee: is Washington the only place on ecan find a Nigeria embassy?

There are 2 consulates also in US but the main Nigerian embassy is in Washington.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2014
RexNdubest: @bigfrancis21, MsNas, Kpoli, Imperioxx, Walspring, Graviton2, gogG, Joenice, America, etc;

Do u guys know any NL family in Philadelphia or Upenn in particular. Ur help will be very useful to me. I'll be arriving Philly late no thanks to my sponsor (scholarship ). Thanks as I await ur responses

The Penn African Students Association is an organization for African students in the US. You will meet a lot of NIgerians when you go for their meetings. In my school, Nigerians constitute over 80% of the ASA students. There you will meet many other Nigerians and make friends with them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by damine: 7:26pm On Aug 24, 2014
aanowai:

Azeez baba, I also have the same situation as u, though the reason I deferred my admission to Spring 2015 was because I needed more time to prepare. So January 2015 would be just fine for me but I wan ask oo.. Do u have ur I20 for Spring 2015 admission with u now? I'm asking so that I know when to expect mine (Sep or Oct).

Very interesting as I was also admitted for fall 2014 but deferred till spring 2015 because my admission letter came very late due to delays in WES evaluation. How does one get funding from them though?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 7:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
Theyjih:

Thanks nazzi.. eleri ibu ni amazon!
Lmaoo cheesy cheesy Eleribu gidi!! I for spend $225 on a book I eventually got for $45. Screw hardcover, na the same thing dey inside paperback too

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2014
damine:

Very interesting as I was also admitted for fall 2014 but deferred till spring 2015 because my admission letter came very late due to delays in WES evaluation. How does one get funding from them though?

Damine, do u already have ur I20 and admission letter for spring 2015 admission? If u do, I have a feeling ur SEVIS no for fall 2014 might be different from ur SEVIS no for spring 2015, going by recent experiences of my nairalanders.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by juntod: 8:28pm On Aug 24, 2014

Really? Didn't know that. Teddyrain i hope you hear oh. So u mean to tell me the CC contacts the visa school for the sevis transfer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 8:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
aanowai:

Damine, do u already have ur I20 and admission letter for spring 2015 admission? If u do, I have a feeling ur SEVIS no for fall 2014 might be different from ur SEVIS no for spring 2015, going by recent experiences of my nairalanders.
Not in my case though. My school sent me deferred i20 both for summer and fall and they all had same sevis number. And they are about to send me a new one for spring with same number. This will be the 5th time I will be getting their i20 if they send for spring.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 8:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
juntod:

Really? Didn't know that. Teddyrain i hope you hear oh. So u mean to tell me the CC contacts the visa school for the sevis transfer?
I want her to explain how it can be done. Because I was thinking her direction oh! The uni might feel bad like you used them to get your visa and then you dump them, if you go to the ISSO to tell them you wanna transfer. They might want you to do a semester there before leaving which is not in my budget.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by juntod: 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
teddyrain: I want her to explain how it can be done. Because I was thinking her direction oh! The uni might feel bad like you used them to get your visa and then you dump them, if you go to the ISSO to tell them you wanna transfer. They might want you to do a semester there before leaving which is not in my budget.

Zee is in the best position to advise you bro. Let us patiently await her response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
juntod:

Zee is in the best position to advise you bro. Let us patiently await her response.
cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
juntod:

Zeezahbee is right..the community college gives you a transfer form..which you fill and mail to your parent school..the transfer takes 15 working days..your CC updates your data and issues the student a new i20 with the university sevis number on it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 9:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
teddyrain: Not in my case though. My school sent me deferred i20 both for summer and fall and they all had same sevis number. And they are about to send me a new one for spring with same number. This will be the 5th time I will be getting their i20 if they send for spring.

Really? Ur school has really tried for u oo.. I mean, for them to have already sent ur I20 four times already. Anyway, for those of us whose admission has been deferred to Winter 2015/January, when do we expect to get our admission documents? (Sep or Oct).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bbdd: 9:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
launrey:
Hello. Please could you tell the those of us who want have to send our WES translated transcripts what the step by step procedure is and how much one should budget for. You will do us a lot of good.
Thanks

Well pretty straight forward
Make sure you apply pretty early before your deadline

Apply pay the fees(about $300), then ask your school to forward the transcript to wes preferably through courier. Although I used Postal mail from nahco (NO MONEY TO SPEND)
Then when wes verifies the transcript and certificate you sent , they will send the transcript and certificate photocopies back to your school.

That's where the delay sets in.
Naija schools can waste time with verification
But mine was fast because they use email verification which is the best.

After that they give you a date for the verification and you're done.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by damine: 9:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
teddyrain: Not in my case though. My school sent me deferred i20 both for summer and fall and they all had same sevis number. And they are about to send me a new one for spring with same number. This will be the 5th time I will be getting their i20 if they send for spring.
No i don't have I20 yet. Didn't bother sending financial docs since I knew I wouldn't make it in time for visa interview. Will pay SEVIS fee and get I20 for Spring 2015 by God's grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
aanowai:

Really? Ur school has really tried for u oo.. I mean, for them to have already sent ur I20 four times already. Anyway, for those of us whose admission has been deferred to Winter 2015/January, when do we expect to get our admission documents? (Sep or Oct).
talk to the officer responsible for that. I think most schools would want to see your financial docs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 9:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
damine:
No i don't have I20 yet. Didn't bother sending financial docs since I knew I wouldn't make it in time for visa interview. Will pay SEVIS fee and get I20 for Spring 2015 by God's grace.
do you have your visa already?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.