Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,389 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866397 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 16, 2015
@joenicewake,i will hala u later..Make you sef do enta yankee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 16, 2015
Slimmy I prefer to use my time to do web coding. It is really
rewarding and pays well too anywhere in the world. The only
thing be say outsourcing don kill market for many here.

I mailed a prof for CS department for ETSU o, slimmy and
the guy's reply dey congenial. Hope J City dey make sense, bro?
slimmy05:
Do come here come make cash on calculus tutorials. 10usd/hr.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
stevecrun:
@joenicewake,i will hala u later..Make you sef do enta yankee
all those small small girls with big hand bags still dey deceive Joe for Enugu.

Come and have varieties from different nations. Venezuela to Bahamas to chincos.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 16, 2015
sirRiddy:
Slimmy I prefer to use my time to do web coding. It is really
rewarding and pays well too anywhere in the world. The only
thing be say outsourcing don kill market for many here.

I mailed a prof for CS department for ETSU o, slimmy and
the guy's reply dey congenial. Hope J City dey make sense, bro?
Nothig much here. Just normal life. But you would be good. Atleast, you won't need to go for dinnig jobs as there are more and better GA position.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
ThankGod it didn't snow here.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
slimmy05:
Profojah, leave nairaland go study that GRE o, 195usd no be small money again considering the exchange rate.

Lol cheesy
The thing too hard... I don cram more than 1000 thick words for brain but mk I no show myself like MizMyColi on d Romance section....lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 16, 2015
Na the koko be that o. Funding ni koko.. Thanks bro and enjoy your stay in Obamaland wink
slimmy05:
Nothig much here. Just normal life. But you would be good. Atleast, you won't need to go for dinnig jobs as there are more and better GA position.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 16, 2015
[b]Dear Professor X,
I am presently preparing for graduate school applications and would be applying to the computer science program. After going through your research papers, I find your works on 'requirements volatility' interesting.

I would be willing to research the anomaly experienced where evolutionary and user interface prototyping showed a correlation with increased level of requirements volatility as against literature and fill the research gap here.

I am presently an intern at the A Laboratory in B University, Nigeria where I design processes to enable low cost requirements gathering for 'V', the proposed version of the the primary Health care system for the university teaching hospital. I am also working with a team of two to design and implement better modules of the system using JavaServer pages with an emphasis on process improvement and agile development. The laboratory is interested in improving health care in Nigeria through research and computing.

I hope you don’t mind my getting in touch, but I’d like to inquire whether you will be accepting graduate students for fall 2016.

Yours Sincerely,
sirriddy.[/b]

My seniors wey dey graduate school, make una help me appraise this email wey I wan send
give prospective advisor.

mystiqueme, bigFrancis21, msnas, imperiouxx, ebdib, slimmy05 and every other guru
wey fit help. I no wan screw up o.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2015
Sir Riddy,

Towards the end of your email, let the guy know that you will be more than eager to provide samples of the work you have done if he needs it. That is if you have projects you've worked on (codes, algorithms and all). You should be good after that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
All these experiences wey you outline so, hop say no be by book o. No be when them land you for computer you begin smile like pizza.

It's not bad anyway. But make sure you write your graduate cordinator he can scout for GA position for you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
okay I will do that. Thanks.
MsNas:
Sir Riddy,

Towards the end of your email, let the guy know that you will be more than eager to provide samples of the work you have done if he needs it. That is if you have projects you've worked on (codes, algorithms and all). You should be good after that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 7:50pm On Feb 16, 2015
[quote author=slimmy05 post=30791823] Do come here come make cash on calculus tutorials. 10usd/hr.

lolz...cool cash ...considering the exchange rate. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
[quote author=dicapino post=30793648][/quote] You know how it is.!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
lol slimmy. Pizza? I am good with web development cos I have been doing it for years.
I currently work with JSPs in my research lab, been doing it since January even with
very little pay. We are trying to add modules to the Teaching hospital system.
By the way, na CS I do for undergrad now bros grin
slimmy05:
All these experiences wey you outline so, hop say no be by book o. No be when them land you for computer you begin smile like pizza.

It's not bad anyway. But make sure you write your graduate cordinator he can scout for GA position for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by warpedlogician: 7:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
slimmy05:
ThankGod it didn't snow here.

Hahaha so true mehn.
When Arkansas people be complaining about snow I'm like shocked

Come to naija and see heat .
Yet we chill... cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2015
sirRiddy:
lol slimmy. Pizza? I am good with web development cos I have been doing it for years.
I currently work with JSPs in my research lab, been doing it since January even with
very little pay. We are trying to add modules to the Teaching hospital system.
By the way, na CS I do for undergrad now bros grin
No mind me jor. I been just remember my guy. Wrote on his CV, experience with the Microsoft Packages, photo shop, when them give the guy system. The guy tell the boss say na old version him sabi, say this new version dey confusing. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
lol, Maybe na the interface confuse am sha. But shey I fit dey write graduate coordinator
to help me track funding? No be me suppose apply myself? Or do you mean I should
seek information from him about the opportunities?
slimmy05:
No mind me jor. I been just remember my guy. Wrote on his CV, experience with the Microsoft Packages, photo shop, when them give the guy system. The guy tell the boss say na old version him sabi, say this new version dey confusing. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 8:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
ehen slimmy05......is it advisable that to be good in software before stepping foot I the US. e.g Matlab For a graduate student
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 16, 2015
slimmy05:
Lol cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
This Slimmy na Comedian aswear!..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 8:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
dicapino:
ehen slimmy05......is it advisable to be good in any software before stepping foot In the US. e.g Matlab For a graduate student
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 16, 2015
slimmy05:

Come and have varieties from different nations. Venezuela to Bahamas to chincos.
Haha..Enugu of all places..na your guy talk to am

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 8:34pm On Feb 16, 2015
slimmy05:

slimmy05..variety....naso
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
Who dey come Yankee soon??I need Jedi bitters..everything here is sugar sugar..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 16, 2015
slimmy05:

hahaha. How man? Bahamas and chinco is nothing. I have dated them before. But the chincos are very sweet and can cry when you yell at them but they do not make a good wife.

I don't like South Americans except Brazil. May God forgive me all my sins.

Slimmy, how's everything going? You haven't called me yet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jenns(m): 8:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
stevecrun:
Who dey come Yankee soon??I need Jedi bitters..everything here is sugar sugar..

#what brand?...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
jenns:

#what brand?...
What kinda brand do u want to bring??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mystiqme: 9:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
profojah:

Enviromental sci.
I have applied to some schools for Ms Biology(Paleontology concentration, Phycology, conservation biology) so i need to get mysef prepared this time around...i got admission from University of Baltimore(Ms.Forensic sci) but was unlucky my visa wasn't approved!...I've deferred , a new & updated i20 on d way...But I need to work on the others...
Your pointers will be highly appreciated bro....Kindly help this dull boy!..Thanks

Hmmm...If you were refused for Forensic Science, how do you hope to defend the change to another discipline to the CO?Anyway when you get to that bridge.... My advice would have been to send out emails to professors in Env. Sci. discipline, because with your class of degree (I remember reading you had a 1st), you shouldn't be paying for grad school (unless you be obo sha). Check Bren School at UCSB, there's even a Nigerian there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
profojah:

Bro..
This GRE wan dey get as e be...
Abeg explain how [1/4]^-3 =4^3

CC: Dicapino
CC: coolbibz
Cc: other gurus!
Help this olodo boy ..

Just seeing this. SirRiddy already helped with the explanation, just had to reply regardless. All the best in your preparation.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
Mystiqme:

Hmmm...If you were refused for Forensic Science, how do you hope to defend the change to another discipline to the CO?Anyway when you get to that bridge.... My advice would have been to send out emails to professors in Env. Sci. discipline, because with your class of degree (I remember reading you had a 1st), you shouldn't be paying for grad school (unless you be obo sha). Check Bren School at UCSB, there's even a Nigerian there.
I've sent countless of emails to them and I've gotten the reply needed...but i stil need ur help...
@Bolded!..Nooo..Only had 4.72 and 4.81 in final year first and second semester respectively...so that result is on d statement of result which the VO saw during my interview...I no be efiwe like them SirRiddy and Dicapino.. Na 21 ooo
If na First class, i for dey eye Harvard like that bignyansh guy na cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
stevecrun:
Haha..Enugu of all places..na your guy talk to am
You shouldn't underestimate Enugu. Some of them studied in the UK. Even the UNN graduates are also good. Am heading there next week. Lagos is so crowded.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 16, 2015
coolbibz:

Just seeing this. SirRiddy already helped with the explanation, just had to reply regardless. All the best in your preparation.
Thanks bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 16, 2015
joenicewake:
You shouldn't underestimate Enugu. Some of them studied in the UK. Even the UNN graduates are also good. Am heading there next week. Lagos is so crowded.
Am not underestimating Enugu or the east bro..At least i was mostly in Awka before i came to America.I can't live in Lagos..its so overrated!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.