Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (870585 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by andonajnr(m): 11:44pm On Feb 16, 2015
Hello all, you guys are doing a nice job. My question is about the Nigerian passport.
I was going through their website and they require a guarantor's form sworn to before a commissioner of Oaths / Magistrate / High Court Judge, how does one get that?
And the official price is 5,100 naira, how come the disparity is that much?
https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/passportguidelines
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
kellycute:
Good evening house.. I want to ask a question. Please on the aspect of have you make travel plan *DS 160 form* should I click yes or no? And also I have a US citizen sister and on d form dey ask if I gat any immediate relative in US, don't know if I should say yes or no cos I heard having relative in US is a redflag for student visa. Please tel me ur advice. Please make una reply me I dey beg before I vex jump enter eloko beach kill myself lol.
Click yes and put the date you intend to travel...
On having immediate relative ish...since your relatives are there, why do you wanna lie, just say the truth...
Having relatives there isn't a red flag, just make sure you give genuine reasons why you wanna go study during your interview!...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 17, 2015
andonajnr:
Hello all, you guys are doing a nice job. My question is about the Nigerian passport.
I was going through their website and they require a guarantor's form sworn to before a commissioner of Oaths / Magistrate / High Court Judge, how does one get that?
Meet any of the immigration officers at the passport location, they will help you with the guarantor form signed by the Magistrate or judge....
Are you in lagos?..if yes, You can even get it yourself,
Just go to the High court at CIPM rd beside the immigration office at Alausa and get the form signed for a token...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennycooly: 12:05am On Feb 17, 2015
Ooops mehn, and hv sooo much put mind on dz school alone oooooo, means I have to start looking for schools in Georgia area again....chaaaiii
kennyrony:

Name sake, how are u doing. Try apply to a university too, get d 1-20, the chances of getting ur Visa with a college I-20 is slim. U gonna use the university i-20 to apply for ur Visa, den when u get to USA u transfer to d college. All d best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:15am On Feb 17, 2015
joenicewake:
I smell a rat and some guys may have cheated.

I thought of that too but i just dont want to conclude on it because i am not there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by warpedlogician: 12:29am On Feb 17, 2015
Any supporting documents the applicant feels are needed to establish his or her strong economic, social or other ties to Nigeria. However, please note that for student visas, officers are trained to primarily rely on interviews in lieu of documentation. As such, it is not unusual for few or no documents to be requested during the interview.

Culled from US embassy website
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:29am On Feb 17, 2015
andonajnr:

You can go for the official price and do it yourself, You will spend more than 6 months before you will go and capture

If you want to get it same day, you need to pay express money and pass through immigration and their agents

#25k will get you the passport within a day and all forms will be provided for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kellycute(m): 12:36am On Feb 17, 2015
profojah:

Click yes and put the date you intend to travel...
On having immediate relative ish...since your relatives are there, why do you wanna lie, just say the truth...
Having relatives there isn't a red flag, just make sure you give genuine reasons why you wanna go study during your interview!...
thank you bro, what about making a flight reservation to back up the travel plan stuff?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 17, 2015
kellycute:
thank you bro, what about making a flight reservation to back up the travel plan stuff?.
You don't need all those stuff. When you get your visa, you can take care of that. You can leave that place and tick no specific plans. As regards your people in the US. Are they your immediate family? Like your mother, father or sister? If no, then my brother leave that slot and lookaway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:44am On Feb 17, 2015
Walspring:

You can go for the official price and do it yourself, You will spend more than 6 months before you will go and capture

If you want to get it same day, you need to pay express money and pass through immigration and their agents

#25k will get you the passport within a day and all forms will be provided for you
Abi make him money hang for air. He should go there and do the needful like you advised.

You just can't change what's happening in that immigration office. Absolute corruption.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mandybaby2007: 12:49am On Feb 17, 2015
andonajnr:
Nigerian passport is a case of "in theory" vs "in practice" in theory its 5k1 like u said(if dats d amt u saw on d website) but in practice, its 15k and above depending on how soon u need it and ur threshhold for stress, if u go 2immigration office with just 5k1 u go waka tire, at some point u sef will giveup. Even Nigerian embassy in d US dey do "in theory" vs "in practice" when u wnt 2renew passport or get one for your child. One wil expect that in a civilized organized country like ds they will atleast respect themselves but for where? corruption is in d bloood stream.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:50am On Feb 17, 2015
warpedlogician:
Any supporting documents the applicant feels are needed to establish his or her strong economic, social or other ties to Nigeria. However, please note that for student visas, officers are trained to primarily rely on interviews in lieu of documentation. As such, it is not unusual for few or no documents to be requested during the interview.

Culled from US embassy website
This tie of a thing. If the VO doesn't ask you what do you intend to do after studies? Or prove to me you'll be back after studies.

You just have to be very smart and eloquent and sound convincing. They don't expect me to start carrying landed document as if that can make me come back to Nigeria.

Something better should bring you back here like better prospect of job which we all know is limited, but can stand as a valid point. If you are from a royal home then you stand a chance of better tie. If you're married that works too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 1:33am On Feb 17, 2015
slimmy05:
No mind me jor. I been just remember my guy. Wrote on his CV, experience with the Microsoft Packages, photo shop, when them give the guy system. T[b]he guy tell the boss say na old version him sabi, say this new version dey confusing.[/b] cheesy

That your guy too funny no be small

Weytin him boss come talk after he tell am say nah old version him sabi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 1:34am On Feb 17, 2015
profojah:

Lol cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
This Slimmy na Comedian aswear!..

Nah real comedian him be...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 1:35am On Feb 17, 2015
stevecrun:
Who dey come Yankee soon??I need Jedi bitters..everything here is sugar sugar..

I dey come soon...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 1:42am On Feb 17, 2015
profojah:

Come! Must you quote me up and down NL....

Nah signal joor grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 1:56am On Feb 17, 2015
kennycooly:
Ooops mehn, and hv sooo much put mind on dz school alone oooooo, means I have to start looking for schools in Georgia area again....chaaaiii
That's the best for u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 2:26am On Feb 17, 2015
[quote author=dicapino post=30794220][/quote]

If you're going for anything Engineering, get to know MATLAB at least, or even C programming. It'll help you a lot. You'll eventually have to run lots of simulations on MATLAB..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:36am On Feb 17, 2015
Walspring:

I dey come soon...
Come quick oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 5:08am On Feb 17, 2015
House, will work authorization be approved if i intend to work in a non Opt or Cpt related job
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 5:36am On Feb 17, 2015
biikeys:

If you're going for anything Engineering, get to know MATLAB at least, or even C programming. It'll help you a lot. You'll eventually have to run lots of simulations on MATLAB..

Trying my best to learn that program sha!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:53am On Feb 17, 2015
Walspring:

I dey come soon...
cry Even me self don tire for myself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 17, 2015
Walspring:

Nah signal joor grin grin grin grin grin grin
Which st.upid signal be that...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 17, 2015
slimmy05:
cry Even me self don tire for myself.
Hahahaha Slimmy, you're so funny. Why don't you join a club for further training on how to become a professional comedian.

Don't get tired. A determined hunter never gets frightened in the jungle.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by spyke01(m): 11:43am On Feb 17, 2015
10,100 to send documents, anyone knows of any cheaper way?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by trexxbanks(m): 12:03pm On Feb 17, 2015
good day my people , gurus in the house please i need your help o.. i plan on getting my official transcripts evaluated by WES very soon , my final GPA is 3.781/5.00.. my questions is what range will my new GPA fall after the evaluation sad because i don't know how the evaluation tingy is done by WES and also should i still do TOEFL even if its not needed by the schools i intend applying for i mean just for embassy sake? ..gurus help a nigga in need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by worry359(m): 12:27pm On Feb 17, 2015
trexxbanks:
good day my people , gurus in the house please i need your help o.. i plan on getting my official transcripts evaluated by WES very soon , my final GPA is 3.781/5.00.. my questions is what range will my new GPA fall after the evaluation sad because i don't know how the evaluation tingy is done by WES and also should i still do TOEFL even if its not needed by the schools i intend applying for i mean just for embassy sake? ..gurus help a nigga in need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by trexxbanks(m): 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
thank You @Worry359 o boy narrow escape for me 3.024 smiley
worry359:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kellycute(m): 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2015
slimmy05:
You don't need all those stuff. When you get your visa, you can take care of that. You can leave that place and tick no specific plans. As regards your people in the US. Are they your immediate family? Like your mother, father or sister? If no, then my brother leave that slot and lookaway.
she is my blood sister, same papa same mama lol. Anyway sha I will say yes. But come oo what if dey ask me in my interview if my sis is aware of my comin to US? Wetin make I talk? But she based in eastcoast and my sch is in westcoast *san franscisco*. If I say yes dem fit reason say we don plan am if I say no dem fit come dey ask me why. So please tel me d best answer to dat kinda question. Honestly my sis aint aware cos if I tel her, she go say make I choose sch for her state.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by barackodam: 1:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
Guys, please I wanna apply for abroad institutions, mainly US and UK, civil engineering.

Should I seat for SAT or TOEFL, I wanna write just one. Which would be better.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dannybrown19: 2:35pm On Feb 17, 2015
Hello People, My Main sponsor is not in country now, I am using another relative bank statement but its around 4.5m, please is it enough and advisable i send it to the school for I-20? the total money for I-20 form is ($22,000)
if yes, i will like to know if i can use my main sponsor statement during the visa interview when he comes back from his trip?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mcfarlin(m): 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2015
barackodam:
Guys, please I wanna apply for abroad institutions, mainly US and UK, civil engineering.

Should I seat for SAT or TOEFL, I wanna write just one. Which would be better.

Thanks in anticipation

sure if you're going for undergraduate degree you need SAT and TOEFL for the US.

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.