Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (870531 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by barackodam: 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
mcfarlin:

sure if you're going for undergraduate degree you need SAT and TOEFL for the US.

Both or one?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mcfarlin(m): 3:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
barackodam:

Both or one?

depends on your school of choice but writing SAT will boost your chances of getting a scholarship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by barackodam: 3:08pm On Feb 17, 2015
mcfarlin:

depends on your school of choice but writing SAT will boost your chances of getting a scholarship

Okay, thanks mucho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 3:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
dannybrown19:
Hello People, My Main sponsor is not in country now, I am using another relative bank statement but its around 4.5m, please is it enough and advisable i send it to the school for I-20? the total money for I-20 form is ($22,000)
if yes, i will like to know if i can use my main sponsor statement during the visa interview when he comes back from his trip?
It not advisable u send ur relative bank statement for I-20, you must use the same bank statement u send to d skol during visa interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2015
kennyrony:

It not advisable u send ur relative bank statement for I-20, you must use the same bank statement u send to d skol during visa interview.
It's advisable but not necessary. It doesn't hold nothing. You can send your uncles bank statement to the school and take your dads bank statement to the embassy.

Bro, try and study a lot of undergrad interview transcript. It would give you a very good insight.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2015
but that would mean changing your sponsor? Is that not a red flag?
slimmy05:
It's advisable but not necessary. It doesn't hold nothing. You can send your uncles bank statement to the school and take your dads bank statement to the embassy.

Bro, try and study a lot of undergrad interview transcript. It would give you a very good insight.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
sirRiddy:
but that would mean changing your sponsor? Is that not a red flag?
not a red flag at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
Please, where is graviton2?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
When one is issued i-20, I thought the school would give one's info to the people at the
embassy which they always stare at during the interview. During the course
of this interview, will the VO be indifferent when he sees that the SOA used
during admission is different from the one being presented at the interview?

slimmy05:
not a red flag at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 3:45pm On Feb 17, 2015
slimmy05:

I wasn't the one that ask that question, I only gave an advice. I think sometimes last year a guy was denied cos of that. He said he use UBA SOA for his I-20, and during d interview he went with First bank SOA, in which d 2 SOA bear his father's name. And was still dined. Hope u'v not forgotten that d documents use in applying will be uploaded to SEVIS which d embassy have access to
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2015
sirRiddy:
When one is issued i-20, I thought the school would give one's info to the people at the
embassy which they always stare at during the interview. During the course
of this interview, will the VO be indifferent when he sees that the SOA used
during admission is different from the one being presented at the interview?

A case of sponsorship is different. It's either it reads family funds or personal funds or the name of the person printed on the I-20. Once the I-20reads family funds. It's no issue with the embassy at all.

Like my case, I sent my dads bank statement and during embassy I tendered my brothers statement of account. I still have countless of people who did thesame
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 17, 2015
kennyrony:

I wasn't the one that ask that question, I only gave an advice. I think sometimes last year a guy was denied cos of that. Hope u'v not forgotten d documents u use in apply will be uploaded to SEVIS which d embassy have access to
and all your financial documents will be uploaded as well. I am very much aware. It doesn't change nothing, you are entitled to whoever you want to sponsor you and you can change sponsorship anytime anyday in as much as you can state reasons that's all. It's a very straight thing.

I had a friend here as well who was skeptical and got scared too, I even told him he can go with his family friends bank statement and he went with it. Sponsorship you submitted to your school is no necessary or mandatory it should be the one you'll take to the embassy.

I absolutely disagree anyone was denied on that grounds except he doesn't want to share where he lost connect. I can quote atleast 10 nairalander a here who did same and it has never been an issue and no questions were raised as regards it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2015
kennyrony:

I wasn't the one that ask that question, I only gave an advice. I think sometimes last year a guy was denied cos of that. Hope u'v not forgotten d documents u use in apply will be uploaded to SEVIS which d embassy have access to
It will not be uploaded to any sevis..and its not a red flag..I thought with the time you've spent here,you must have learnt one or two on the thread.I used my uncle's current account statement in getting my admission cause i had limited time for application and my mom was unavailable cos she was out of town..During my interview i used my mom's!!So where is the red flag??Embassy dont care whose SOA you use,as far as its confirmed there is cash on the account(not money lodgement)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2015
Okay. Thanks for the explanation, sir.
slimmy05:
A case of sponsorship is different. It's either it reads family funds or personal funds or the name of the person printed on the I-20. Once the I-20reads family funds. It's no issue with the embassy at all.

Like my case, I sent my dads bank statement and during embassy I tendered my brothers statement of account. I still have countless of people who did thesame
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2015
People can fabricate stories on why they were denied. They can only help themselves by truthfully stating their interview transcript so one can tell where they had disconnect.

The funny one, I had a friend here who sent his mums statement of account and the school made a copy and printed it and stamped it and sent it down.

Now, the money in the account as at when he wanted to go to the embassy was not sufficient, he called and I told him? If you have an uncle, Aunty, mentor, family friend at all that can sponsor you then you're absolutely fine. He got the statement and went for his interview and got the visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 3:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
slimmy05:
and all your financial documents will be uploaded as well. I am very much aware. It doesn't change nothing, you are entitled to whoever you want to sponsor you and you can change sponsorship anytime anyday in as much as you can state reasons that's all. It's a very straight thing.

I had a friend here as well who was skeptical and got scared too, I even told him he can go with his family friends bank statement and he went with it. Sponsorship you submitted to your school is no necessary or mandatory it should be the one you'll take to the embassy.

I absolutely disagree anyone was denied on that grounds except he doesn't want to share where he lost connect. I can quote atleast 10 nairalander a here who did same and it has never been an issue and no questions were raised as regards it.
Alright. Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
sirRiddy:
Okay. Thanks for the explanation, sir.
You welcome bro. We are all here to learn, like am learning some stuffs from you guys.

That profojah question way you sharply solve fear me o. Keep it up bro. It pays to be smart and intelligent. I am very sure you would love your stuffs here.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
stevecrun:
It will not be uploaded to any sevis..and its not a red flag..I thought with the time you've spent here,you must have learnt one or two on the thread.I used my uncle's current account statement in getting my admission cause i had limited time for application and my mom was unavailable cos she was out of town..During my interview i used my mom's!!So where is the red flag??Embassy dont care whose SOA you use,as far as its confirmed there is cash on the account(not money lodgement)
Alright bro. Thanks for the clarification
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
kennyrony:

Anytime bro. I knew you were not the one that asked the question. These days I chose who I quote. Atleast, I know you that's why I quoted you to make the clarification.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 17, 2015
slimmy05:
Please, where is graviton2?
One of the veterans of this thread*In Birdman's voice,What happened to that boy*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
kennyrony:

You welcome bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 17, 2015
stevecrun:
One of the veterans of this thread*In Birdman's voice,What happened to that boy*
Dude turned atheist when stuffs went bad. Had to switch options to Canada and those dude hardly give scholarship. I wish he got in here with his visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
lol...Thanks
slimmy05:
You welcome bro. We are all here to learn, like am learning some stuffs from you guys.

That profojah question way you sharply solve fear me o. Keep it up bro. It pays to be smart and intelligent. I am very sure you would love your stuffs here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
slimmy05:
Dude turned atheist when stuffs went bad. Had to switch options to Canada and those dude hardly give scholarship. I wish he got in here with his visa.
So that guy did not use his visa at all..and he got the visa before we all did..For me,him switching sides to canada is like jumping from frying pan to fire..But seriously,because his school threatened him from Nigeria..he lost both balls..na wa oo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jenns(m): 4:50pm On Feb 17, 2015
stevecrun:
What kinda brand do u want to bring??
#Alomo#Ogidiga#MonkeyTail#Orijin#Oremiti#babyOku..
What state are you bro?..am heading North.

In the words of #JayZ#Wyclef... If you can make it in Lagos..You can make it anywhere(Lasgidi 9ja NewYork)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2015
stevecrun:
So that guy did not use his visa at all..and he got the visa before we all did..For me,him switching sides to canada is like jumping from frying pan to fire..But seriously,because his school threatened him from Nigeria..he lost both balls..na wa oo
he didnt take a chill and follow the advice here. the school only just want him to spend a semester with them. he told the about his plans before he left naija
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 17, 2015
zeezahbee:
he didnt take a chill and follow the advice here. the school only just want him to spend a semester with them. he told the about his plans before he left naija
Is the dude in US or in Canada?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
jenns:

In the words of #JayZ#Wyclef... If you can make it in Lagos..You can make it anywhere(Lasgidi 9ja NewYork)
Calm down with all those liquids. Bring them in their raw form and mix them here. Saves you lots of stress. My roommie gave me some two days ago and it worked pretty well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 17, 2015
Ferdimako, where have you been?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
jenns:

Okay good brands you got..am not in the north though..Am in the south
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jenns(m): 5:54pm On Feb 17, 2015
stevecrun:
Okay good brands you got..am not in the north though..Am in the south

WorryNot bro...am gonna DHL it to you. We go hook up sha. Gonna PM when the time is right bro.#OneLove#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jenns(m): 6:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
slimmy05:
Calm down with all those liquids. Bring them in their raw form and mix them here. Saves you lots of stress. My roommie gave me some two days ago and it worked pretty well.

SlimmyBoss... me dey wish get that kind of roommie oooo#VeryGoodBadtGuy#

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.