Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866454 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
Are you sure you don't want to retract that statement? Lagos is the heart of Nigeria, giant of commerce and a melting point for the whole of Africa. I only wish it was better planned and managed too. But overated? Bros, abeg that one no be true o.
stevecrun:
Am not underestimating Enugu or the east bro..At least i was mostly in Awka before i came to America.I can't live in Lagos..its so overrated!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 16, 2015
sirRiddy:
Are you sure you don't want to retract that statement? Lagos is the heart of Nigeria, giant of commerce and a melting point for the whole of Africa. I only wish it was better planned and managed too. But overated? Bros, abeg that one no be true o.
Lagos is indeed overrated and the airport smells before till now. It's also not a melting point for the whole of Africa. Abuja is slightly better but cannot be compared with modern cities like Chicago, Beijing, Paris, Munich etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 16, 2015
sirRiddy:
lol, Maybe na the interface confuse am sha. But shey I fit dey write graduate coordinator
to help me track funding? No be me suppose apply myself? Or do you mean I should
seek information from him about the opportunities?
write him. Tell him you would need a graduate assistantship position. Bomb the guy with interest mail. A lot of student will be graduating this fall so there would be enough position for you. Since you're science, You should atleast get up to 1k monthly as stipend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 16, 2015
:@ e be like say you stubborn well well? Anyway, make I catch you dey settle down, work or buy property for lagos. cheesy
joenicewake:
Lagos is indeed overrated and the airport smells before till now. It's also not a melting point for the whole of Africa. Abuja is slightly better but cannot be compared with modern cities like Chicago, Beijing, Paris, Munich etc.
angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 16, 2015
sirRiddy:
Lagos na urban slum, so many shanty towns. Oya come tear my shirt
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 16, 2015
dicapino:
ehen slimmy05......is it advisable that to be good in software before stepping foot I the US. e.g Matlab For a graduate student
I don't think you do, but it's not bad if you learn it. Make sure say you land GA with that great score cos admission sure for you. Yo number na lotto for baba ijebu.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 16, 2015
Slimmy na fall 2016 be my target o, not 2015. I fit dey mail them about assistantship when I never even begin sending application requirements? Please no vex for all these jamb questions o. Your boy is just trying to be clear.
slimmy05:
write him. Tell him you would need a graduate assistantship position. Bomb the guy with interest mail. A lot of student will be graduating this fall so there would be enough position for you. Since you're science, You should atleast get up to 1k monthly as stipend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 16, 2015
sirRiddy:
Slimmy na fall 2016 be my target o, not 2015. I fit dey mail them about assistantship when I never even begin sending application requirements? Please no vex for all these jamb questions o. Your boy is just trying to be clear.
2016. What happened to spring? Or do you have other schools you've applied to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
No be your fault at all...you don dey chop those cholesterol food now. Why you no go downgrade lasgidi. Lagos for life joor...Forever repping lasgidi.
slimmy05:
Lagos na urban slum, so many shanty towns. Oya come tear my shirt
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
But how do you guys cope with annoying statistics. I am not numerate at all. Didn't even expect this statistics bull crap. angry Please anyone with useful text books that can guide from mean, mode and media cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 16, 2015
sirRiddy:
No be your fault at all...you don dey chop those cholesterol food now. Why you no go downgrade lasgidi. Lagos for life joor...Forever repping lasgidi.
tongue My fart smells so weird these days, am scared.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kellycute(m): 10:15pm On Feb 16, 2015
Good evening house.. I want to ask a question. Please on the aspect of have you make travel plan *DS 160 form* should I click yes or no? And also I have a US citizen sister and on d form dey ask if I gat any immediate relative in US, don't know if I should say yes or no cos I heard having relative in US is a redflag for student visa. Please tel me ur advice. Please make una reply me I dey beg before I vex jump enter eloko beach kill myself lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
I never start NYSC. Would be observing the program by may and finish by April 16. I was mobilised in november but had to defer as it clashed with GRE and na Benue them post me go. Na Osun sure pass now as this place is too ok for personal development. Great guys are around here and the learning curve steep well well.

So oga slimmy na why I pick fall 16 o.
slimmy05:
2016. What happened to spring? Or do you have other schools you've applied to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 16, 2015
slimmy05:
But how do you guys cope with annoying statistics. I am not numerate at all. Didn't even expect this statistics bull crap. >sad Please anyone with useful text books that can guide from mean, mode
and media cheesy

Sir, I sent you a pm. Pls reply. Thank u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
sirRiddy:
I never start NYSC. Would be observing the program by may and finish by April 16. I was mobilised in november but had to defer as it clashed with GRE and na Benue them post me go. Na Osun sure pass now as this place is too ok for personal development. Great guys are around here and the learning curve steep well well.

So oga slimmy na why I pick fall 16 o.
I understand now. No wahala, you have ample time. You can take your time and study the how things work. But you have lots of option so make sure you apply to atleast 5 schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
sirRiddy:
:@ e be like say you stubborn well well? Anyway, make I catch you dey settle down, work or buy property for lagos. cheesy angry
Hahahaha. The weather is also hot. Don't worry, when you live abroad for so long, you'll surely understand what i'm talking about. Some areas in VI is overrated too. I lived with my relative in Kofo Abayomi for 4 years. The only thing i enjoyed was going to Mega Plaza and the cool breeze at nights. Nigeria as a whole is messed up and I wonder what our politicians learn when they go abroad.

You'll understand me more when you go abroad for your studies. I have seen it all in life.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:

Sir, I sent you a pm. Pls reply. Thank u
Yeah. Saw the PM. Replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2015
Applying to eight...the priority na funding, cost of living and research interests of prospective advisors. I would like a place like kansas, tennessee or utah where costs no too high. I fit follow you word for watsapp or facebook abeg?
slimmy05:
I understand now. No wahala, you have ample time. You can take your time and study the how things work. But you have lots of option so make sure you apply to atleast 5 schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 16, 2015
Okay...i see that you are really pissed with things here. No vex sha. Just do your best to help the situation. Are you done with your program? Post-grad plans?
joenicewake:
Hahahaha. The weather is also hot. Don't worry, when you live abroad for so long, you'll surely understand what i'm talking about. Some areas in VI is overrated too. I lived with my relative in Kofo Abayomi for 4 years. The only thing i enjoyed was going to Mega Plaza and the cool breeze at nights. Nigeria as a whole is messed up and I wonder what our politicians learn when they go abroad.

You'll understand me more when you go abroad for your studies. I have seen it all in life.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
Shegzy, you run a UAE consulate? Make justwise catch you cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
sirRiddy:
That Mr.A likes Lagos does not mean Mr.B will like lagos!!Lagos is crowded..everyone wants to live in Lagos..Am not saying its not the heart of Commerce..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PussySandie(f): 10:50pm On Feb 16, 2015
profojah:

Coming to where?...
Do you know where I stay?...abeg don't come, I'll be in church till 9pm, if you can wait sha....I have replied your message...

Scan and send your SOP to me..
Okay sire
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PussySandie(f): 10:51pm On Feb 16, 2015
profojah:

Serious!!!? You wanna take me out? grin ..To where?.
Oya pick my call..let's talk dearie kiss

Happy Val to you sweetie!..Oya pick your calls grin
Val? Today is 16th
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PussySandie(f): 10:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
profojah:

Bro..
This GRE wan dey get as e be...
Abeg explain how [1/4]^-3 =4^3

CC: Dicapino
CC: coolbibz
Cc: other gurus!
Help this olodo boy ..

Onye'zuzu tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
I would never have wished to be born and raised in any other part of Nigeria though. I love lagos and I also acceded to its lack of proper planning. But it has no equal in Nigeria, no doubt. Thanks for your input bro.
stevecrun:
That Mr.A likes Lagos does not mean Mr.B will like lagos!!Lagos is crowded..everyone wants to live in Lagos..Am not saying its not the heart of Commerce..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PussySandie(f): 10:54pm On Feb 16, 2015
sirRiddy:
=[1/4]^-3
=1/[1/4]^3
=1/1/4^3
=4^3

ojah you better dust your nova and go through the quant... smiley
Make all those girls free you for now, brother make you smash this GRE
and tell them 'Their father grin'

He like girls too much tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
sirRiddy:
I would never have wished to be born and raised in any other part of Nigeria though. I love lagos and I also acceded to its lack of proper planning. But it has no equal in Nigeria, no doubt. Thanks for your input bro.
All the best in your visa application!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kellycute(m): 11:26pm On Feb 16, 2015
Seem no one wanna answer my question anyway all will be well. *carry food dey chop*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 16, 2015
PussySandie:

Val? Today is 16th
Na today I send the msg?.... undecided after you don sly me...smh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
PussySandie:

Onye'zuzu tongue
Omo Ibo...your isi a di gi'nma
O' bu faulti'm...I no be onye'zuzu, Na the Manhattan wan divert my brain!..biko Pele mabinu undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
PussySandie:

He like girls too much tongue
Come! Must you quote me up and down NL....

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.