Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:21 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (873706 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 8:12pm On Mar 21, 2015
slimmy05:
grin Na so. The ass licker they background dey shadow like thief. I don ignore the guy, so tay the tin dey pain am cheesy Get used to people lying on nairaland. I will one day drag them out wink

They travel to Germany today and transfer money from China tomorrow. They are everywhere. Meanwhile, I got selected for SARU program in Germany, would be there for two weeks. tongue

Am laughing jare..laughing in sawhili..Slimmy,why germany naa?Why not singapore or the cayman islands? cool grin grin

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Jchi9876: 8:26pm On Mar 21, 2015
mattkelly:

Am laughing jare..laughing in sawhili..Slimmy,why germany naa?Why not singapore or the cayman islands? cool grin grin

u sef it ve do.
u dey overflogging this Chinese and European union matas.

u be travel agent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 21, 2015
Jchi9876:

u sef it ve do.
u dey overflog this China mata
Just leave him. He knows nothing about me and how I operate. I like it most when haters are around. It makes me prosper more. I lived in China and helped a lot of Nigerians avoid deportation. The only mistake i made was turning down a job offer to work with their security outfit to spy on Nigerians and their illegal activities in China. I did that coz i was not feeling safe anymore and had to break up my Chinese gf.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 21, 2015
Slimmy, Joenicewake, Jchi9876 and Mattkelly... Justwise just called me now, he say make I tell una say ban dey smell for una head, he's thinking of the length of your ban grin

Its OK guyz, let's forget everything and keep this thread moving..

@djmakson...Nice one...Your head is valid

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 21, 2015
profojah:
Slimmy, Joenicewake, Jchi9876 and Mattkelly... Justwise just called me now, he say make I tell una say ban dey smell for una head, he's thinking of the length of your ban grin

Its OK guyz, let's forget everything and keep this thread moving..

@djmakson...Nice one...Your head is valid
I did not insult anyone this time. Sometimes people think trackling someone is the best way to show how superior they are. I am coming to America to prove a point to him. He'll definitely ask me for help.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Jchi9876: 8:52pm On Mar 21, 2015
joenicewake:
I did not insult anyone this time. Sometimes people think trackling someone is the best way to show how superior they are. I am coming to America to prove a point to him. He'll definitely ask me for help.

it ve do.
. . . don't prove a point to anyone but yourself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 21, 2015
joenicewake:
Just leave him. He knows nothing about me and how I operate. I like it most when haters are around. It makes me prosper more. I lived in China and helped a lot of Nigerians avoid deportation. The only mistake i made was turning down a job offer to work with their security outfit to spy on Nigerians and their illegal activities in China. I did that coz i was not feeling safe anymore and had to break up my Chinese gf.
Ferdimako, djmakson, profojah, mattkelly, please tell me what you perceive of someone who makes this type of comment. I kept asking him his age and all of a sudden it appears I am attacking him. lipsrsealed What relevance does that have to do with the thread or anyone here?

I am not looking for trouble, but to make you guys see

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 21, 2015
slimmy05:
Ferdimako, djmakson, profojah, mattkelly, please tell me what you perceive of someone who makes this type of comment. I kept asking him his age and all of a sudden it appears I am attacking him. lipsrsealed What relevance does that have to do with the thread or anyone here?

I am not looking for trouble, but to make you guys see
I'm tired of d bragging and claiming of high places. I hope nobody falls for any ugly thing as a result.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 21, 2015
Justwise, please don't ban us. We all love you. Thanks everyone for your understanding. Joe loves you too and believes in future.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olenime(m): 9:38pm On Mar 21, 2015
Na wa oh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by boofydon: 2:35am On Mar 22, 2015
Observing in 3d. Germany, china and so on grin cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dammy1102(m): 2:46am On Mar 22, 2015
Walspring:

Its good to know but since 2011, you recall this thread now

@Walspring

You know people in Nigeria are skeptical about a lot of stuffs, Especially when money is involved, so you have to be careful.

@Walspring i check the forum all the time but people like to discuss " irrelevant" stuff sometimes, so i back off most times. it's also not easy to

shuffle through the thread anymore, it is so long.

i hope you doing good ??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:56am On Mar 22, 2015
boofydon:
Observing in 3d. Germany, china and so on grin cheesy cheesy
hehe...the storm is over now. H r u?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lentywilly: 5:47am On Mar 22, 2015
Been a while. Miss this house. I declare unlimited Visa success stories this year. Every Member of this house is blessed.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 22, 2015
Our gurus in the house don't fight ooo. The help you guys dish out here is overwhelming and amazing. It makes me to believe in one Nigeria more and more. I got admitted to University of Dayton for this year Fall but no funding. Soon a decision will be made by University of Connecticut to give me admission but the school repeatedly told me they do not give funding. Gurus, is there any possibility that after first semester that I will get funding in either of the school I decide to study in? Also I want to know if there is any nairalander in both schools? Let the love that binds us all never get marred or burnt. Shalom!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lentywilly: 6:29am On Mar 22, 2015
DARKLIGHT:
Our gurus in the house don't fight ooo. The help you guys dish out here is overwhelming and amazing. It makes me to believe in one Nigeria more and more. I got admitted to University of Dayton for this year Fall but no funding. Soon a decision will be made by University of Connecticut to give me admission but the school repeatedly told me they do not give funding. Gurus, is there any possibility that after first semester that I will get funding in either of the school I decide to study in? Also I want to know if there is any nairalander in both schools? Let the love that binds us all never get marred or burnt. Shalom!
Is this for a master's degree? If yes. Which program?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 22, 2015
lentywilly:

Is this for a master's degree? If yes. Which program?

Yes, it's for Master's program in Chemical Engineering.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 22, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Yes, it's for Master's program in Chemical Engineering.

It's like this "no funding" thing is now a new anthem.
American schools are not obliged to fund any student. Much less an international student who doesn't have stellar grades. As a matter of fact even with stellar grades, funding is not a guarantee.
I've seen a couple come here talking about funding.

To clarify, Funding is usually given to a select few and most times it's attached to professors research labs, teaching assistants and they ensure that the best students get these.
The only way to make things easier is to make sure you do your research before applying. Mail these professors ahead of time. Not after your applying you begin to hunt for funding that may likely never come.

Besides not all schools can fund. No matter how hard you try.
Budget cuts everywhere. Once again. Research before applying!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 22, 2015
DARKLIGHT:
Brother, it's okay. I feel alright now. But when I give information, you guys are free to verify it. Chinese students now get 5 years student visas while in tourist and business, it is 10 years.

John Kerry visited China last November and delivered these visas to the Chinese. About 11 of them i guess.

In case in doubt, go to Google and type "does US Embassy issue 10 years visas to Chinese? And open link 4. Visas/Embassy of the United States, Beijing, China and then read.

I have paid my dues in life and it's a pity someone who went to the US recently would try to prove something he does not know.

Have fun! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 22, 2015
ebdib:

It's like this "no funding" thing is now a new anthem.
American schools are not obliged to fund any student. Much less an international student who doesn't have stellar grades. As a matter of fact even with stellar grades, funding is not a guarantee.
I've seen a couple come here talking about funding.

Besides not all schools can fund. No matter how hard you try.
Budget cuts everywhere. Once again. Research before applying!

Thanks Ebdib for your comprehensive explanation! You and a lot of gurus here are paradigm to me. You guys should continue doing the wonderful things you do. For my Gurus, family is wealth. Our family is we in this thread. Wealth can only be gotten when the right information are disseminated and executed. I will appreciate it to know if there is any nairalander that attends University of Dayton or University of Connecticut.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 22, 2015
Darklight, please stop making it look like me and Joe got issues. Joe is just a little boy trying to outgrow puberty, you can see from his post. He is just a kid and I need to make him know he is empty and says trash.

Me and Joe are not on thesame page. I just need to put him in the right place. I will urge you to please remove my ID from the quote please. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by pcbo: 11:23am On Mar 22, 2015
DARKLIGHT:
DARKLIGHT:

What about the school ,I gave you to apply did you?
because my friend just got admission with funding in the same department
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by akin3102(m): 11:45am On Mar 22, 2015
t[quote author=haffikem post=31855993]

first of all you should find out the possibility of getting funding or assistance of any sort when you get over there probably after your first semester.

also you should find out if that 3M ..but i doubt will take you for first year cos tuition dey....accommodation dey... feeding too .you pay for utilities ...plus other personal effects too.

these are the things you put into consideration .....esp now dollar vs naira is on the high side...else bro.....find person borrow cos they dnt give people money for USA oooh.

please be guided and make the best decision.
Thanks haffikem..I actually got two admission but the two schools promised funds after ist semester..I actually want to confirm if is possible to use my uncle's account to apply for visa and defer the admission till the anticipated fund is available because a prof. said his expecting some funds for fall and I will be considered..Having read different posts here, I discovered using a relative (different surname) account to apply for VISA might lead to too many questions from the VO.The gurus here can suggest any school offering mining engineering at master level with funds.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 22, 2015
slimmy05:
Darklight, please stop making it look like me and Joe got issues. Joe is just a little boy trying to outgrow puberty, you can see from his post. He is just a kid and I need to make him know he is empty and says trash.

Me and Joe are not on thesame page. I just need to put him in the right place. I will urge you to please remove my ID from the quote please. Thanks
Slimmy, please lets stop all these bullshitts and embrace peace. You're my friend and had defended you here in the past. I have a very soft heart and can do whatever it takes to defend my peers in difficult times and make them happy. I hardly also talk negative on people even when their friends complain to me.

If i had done something wrong to you in the past which i think i have not, just forgive me. Trackling me all the time is not a good way to achieve popularity here.

Gives you e-hug. I'm sorry for everything, okay?

Smile, be foused and make your family proud.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by akin3102(m): 12:07pm On Mar 22, 2015
ebdib:

Even if you do this and get a visa. I won't advice my worst enemy to come to the states without a way of solving his finances. It's a life you don't want for yourself trust me. Tomorrow one uncle will start to talk rubbish and risks jeopardizing your education. So if you know you can't afford your tuition and associated expenses. My guy stay back and plan well. A word is enough for the wise.

@ebdib, Thanks for the advice.. I am still expecting some funds from the school, though it might be after ist semester..I am thinking of using my uncle's account to apply for the VISA and defer the admission if possible till the fund is given..Please does dat sound as a good idea.I will appreaciate any possible schools offering mining engineering at the master level with funds.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by clow(m): 12:22pm On Mar 22, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 22, 2015
pcbo:

What about the school ,I gave you to apply did you?
because my friend just got admission with funding in the same department

Hi Pcbo! Sorry I didn't get back to you. I applied to the school[University of Toledo] but Ms. Schall emailed me that there wasn't any funding left to spare for Fall 2015 and that for MS students for Fall 2015 have been given funding and admission. She advised me to write another GRE because I had 296 in the last one I wrote. She also advised that I defer the admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 22, 2015
clow:
Good Morning i really need help from the gurus here concerning my challange,
i was suposed to go for my interview at the embassy on January 12th 2015 for my programme,but unfortunately could not do so cos of some unforeseen contingencies,so i had to cancel my appointment at the embassy ,and defer my admission to june,now my question is can i still use the same MRV recepit i paid at the bank initially or i have to pay another MRV,because i checked my profile now on US visa appointment website,what is reflecting is schedule appointment and not reschedule appointment,i thought it was said that you can schedule an appointment twice with one MRV an after that you will have to pay a new fee.
Please any1 with useful answers should please help .
Hello, what date exactly did you cancel your appointment? Tell me...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by clow(m): 1:01pm On Mar 22, 2015
joenicewake:
Hello, what date exactly did you cancel your appointment? Tell me...

Well I cant say precisely, but I think around January, was when I cancelled it, few days before my initial interview date which was supposed to be January 14th .
Thanks .
sorry I made a mistake on the previous post my interview date was supposed to be January 14th 2015 and not 12th.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2015
clow:

Well I cant say precisely, but I think around January, was when I cancelled it, few days before my initial interview date which was supposed to be January 14th .
Thanks .
sorry I made a mistake on the previous post my interview date was supposed to be January 14th 2015 and not 12th.
Check your data on the US Appointment page and tell me the exact date you cancelled it.

The money may have gone down the drain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64