Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (867752 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by pickcalmkris: 8:07am On Apr 03, 2015
Goodmorning House...Please i need you guys to help me out about schools in the USA that offers Masters in corporate management or Masters in communication management ,,,anyone here,knows about it ? Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kingimmade: 8:17am On Apr 03, 2015
Hello house....
Pls is age (ie 24yrs) a factor when writing SAT and at d embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olenime(m): 8:45am On Apr 03, 2015
Hello guys, I applied to only one school and. I was denied admission!
Toefl was low, though, dey didn't require gre for my course(human nutrition)!
Guess, I have to strtall over again!
It is well!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 03, 2015
Sorry bro. Apply to maybe three or four schools.
Maybe you should write the GRE too. By the way,
deadlines for fall applications are fast closing or
are you looking at next year?

Modified

Ohio State University
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75. The Bachelor’s degree requirement may be waived for persons holding a first professional degree.
Cumulative GPAs between 2.5 and 2.75 may still be considered, however, these applicants must also receive at least a median score on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT). Applicants with GPAs lower than 2.5 will not be considered.
At least one course in each of the following subject areas: 1) biology, 2) physiology or anatomy and physiology, and 3) biochemistry or organic chemistry. For students who do not have a background in the healthcare field, a course in both Medical Terminology and Nutrition will be required.*
Applicants with special situations who do not meet these criteria may submit an application which will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Winthrop University, South Carolina (minimum of 146 on verbal and 140 on quantitative)
University of Bridgeport, Connecticut(No GRE required)
Drexel University, Pennsylvania
Degree:
A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution. Must have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Standardized Tests:
GRE: Minimum scores are Verbal 153 and Quantitative 144.
University of Western States, Oregon
No GRE
olenime:
It is well!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 9:44am On Apr 03, 2015
kingimmade:
Hello house....
No not at all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by worry357: 9:59am On Apr 03, 2015
olenime:
It is well!

Human nutrition sounds like something that a community college would offer.
If this course is not degree level or higher you will have great problems getting a visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olenime(m): 10:37am On Apr 03, 2015
sirRiddy:

Modified

Ohio State University
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75. The Bachelor’s degree requirement may be waived for persons holding a first professional degree.
Cumulative GPAs between 2.5 and 2.75 may still be considered, however, these applicants must also receive at least a median score on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT). Applicants with GPAs lower than 2.5 will not be considered.
At least one course in each of the following subject areas: 1) biology, 2) physiology or anatomy and physiology, and 3) biochemistry or organic chemistry. For students who do not have a background in the healthcare field, a course in both Medical Terminology and Nutrition will be required.*
Applicants with special situations who do not meet these criteria may submit an application which will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Winthrop University, South Carolina (minimum of 146 on verbal and 140 on quantitative)
Degree:
A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution. Must have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Standardized Tests:
No GRE
Thanks broe, I got a background in nutrition, (Bsc. Nutrition and dietetics)
Yea, most schls deadline is fast approaching, that is if it not late by now! Will work on the schools u listed!
Thnksbroe!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olenime(m): 10:40am On Apr 03, 2015
worry357:

Human nutrition sounds like something that a community college would offer.
If this course is not degree level or higher you will have great problems getting a visa.
Ah! Noo, I've read on. This forum of pple given visa in uni with d course! It jst a rare course!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by djmakson(m): 10:52am On Apr 03, 2015
profojah:

Its nothing! Fear Not ...Na so e dey be on every sevis receipt

Thanks man. God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 03, 2015
Don't just work on what I gave you.
Use search engines yourself:
google.com
us news
peterson
princetonreview
You need to be proactive and independent. Good luck
olenime:

Thanks broe, I got a background in nutrition, (Bsc. Nutrition and dietetics)
Yea, most schls deadline is fast approaching, that is if it not late by now! Will work on the schools u listed!
Thnksbroe!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 03, 2015
Search online yourself.
pickcalmkris:
Goodmorning House...Please i need you guys to help me out about schools in the USA that offers Masters in corporate management or Masters in communication management ,,,anyone here,knows about it ? Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 12:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
pickcalmkris:

Google is your best friend in this situation though, you won't be asked to pay for u to use it. Make research for yourself and satisfy your personal needs. Goodluck.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
sirRiddy:
Search online yourself.
grin All the information they need is always online. Google.com will get you better equipped.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Godwin10303: 1:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Slimmy , thanks am pleased you willing to assist me, Next week is okay by me, how can we work it out, kindly write me on femiogbimi@yahoo.com so we can discuss confidentially on how to strike, waiting to read from you soon ,

Regards
Godwin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by warriboy21(m): 4:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
sirRiddy:

Modified

Ohio State University
Degree:
Standardized Tests:
No GRE

i tap fr dis blessing....u hv got mail mr riddy...hwfa u smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
replied your mail
warriboy21:

i tap fr dis blessing....u hv got mail mr riddy...hwfa u smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
kingimmade:
Hello house....

Writing SAT does not have to do with age at the embassy or schools
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by idmanzik: 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
Dear House,

I have following this group for a while now and i must confess that i have gathered helpful info. Thank you very much for all your contributions.

I was recently admitted for MSc and have been contacted by the graduate school to submit documents for my I-20 form to be sent. Meanwhile, last week i followed up with the department to inquire if i was still going to be considered for Graduate Assistantship (GA). They replied that they are still reviewing application for GAs and will contact me in the coming weeks.

My question now is, should i submit the documents for the I-20 form since the graduate school has already contacted me or should i wait till the GA decision is made?

Another challenge (not really a challenge) is that my dad is my main sponsor but my office shall be supporting my studies (they offered to do so - i have been working with them for 5 years), should i send the statement of accounts of both my dad and office?. Or should i just state that my dad is my sponsor leaving out the office?.

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
cc slimmy05 zeezahbee msnas
idmanzik:
Dear House,

I have following this group for a while now and i must confess that i have gathered helpful info. Thank you very much for all your contributions.

I was recently admitted for MSc and have been contacted by the graduate school to submit documents for my I-20 form to be sent. Meanwhile, last week i followed up with the department to inquire if i was still going to be considered for Graduate Assistantship (GA). They replied that they are still reviewing application for GAs and will contact me in the coming weeks.

My question now is, should i submit the documents for the I-20 form since the graduate school has already contacted me or should i wait till the GA decision is made?

Another challenge (not really a challenge) is that my dad is my main sponsor but my office shall be supporting my studies (they offered to do so - i have been working with them for 5 years), should i send the statement of accounts of both my dad and office?. Or should i just state that my dad is my sponsor leaving out the office?.

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 6:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
From my last F1 visa application interview experience at the US embassy, part of the reasons why my visa was delayed was because when the question "Who is sponsoring you?" came up, I only answered "My father", instead of answering "My father is my major sponsor but I also have money in my savings account which I have used to receive my salary from the company I work for". This proves that you have enough money to take care of your tuition and yourself, throughout your entire duration in the States. However, I came prepared with my father's SOA and mine. So I will strongly advise that in your DS160, fill in your father or mother as your sponsor, and then go for your visa interview with any of your folks SOA, including a letter from your company stating that they will also sponsor your MSc program and when thay question come up (because it will surely be asked), answered it the way, I have just stated. I hope I have been able to be of help. Respect..

idmanzik:
Dear House,

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 6:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
sirRiddy:
cc slimmy05 zeezahbee msnas

Pls which sch is dat

Yes you can send both account staateements. Though if de nottice d huge sum in both accounts de might wna withdraw ur ga... Nt sure tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
idmanzik:
Dear House,

Thanks!
I would advice that you wait so that your GA would reflect on your I-20 for the VO to see. You know those funding sometimes usually give a little edge during visa interview. Which courier does your school send I-20 with? If it's a private courier then wait as your I-20 will always get to you in 3working days. But make sure you have your sevis fee with you and a means to facilitate the payment and start working on your DS160. If possible pay your visa fee and keep before dollar goes up again.

Did you ask them when they are likely to reach a decision?

Full your dad as your major sponsor and during your interview you can also make it known to the VO that your company will also be sponsoring you as well. But if you get a GA, your father or your company will be ok along with your GA funding
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
ridimic1:

Pls which sch is dat

Yes you can send both account staateements. Though if de nottice d huge sum in both accounts de might wna withdraw ur ga... Nt sure tho
they can't withdraw his GA for that reason.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by codedove: 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
Shout out to all the wonderful VO's in the house . Have got a question to ask before my Mb get exhausted.....
Please is it a nice idea to apply to University of Central Oklahoma ?
Is it a red flag university?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
thanks slimmy05 for the responses.
Happy easter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 7:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
It's been a while, I hail all the gurus in the house. I am still loyal..... best regards to all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hey bro.
Thanks for checking on us.
Happy easter.
innovativeame:
It's been a while, I hail all the gurus in the house. I am still loyal..... best regards to all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 7:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
profojah:

Your head is valid...

I'm highly honoured receiving such a recommendation from the only prof in the house! Appreciate!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by idmanzik: 7:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
slimmy05:
I would advice that you wait so that your GA would reflect on your I-20 for the VO to see. You know those funding sometimes usually give a little edge during visa interview. Which courier does your school send I-20 with? If it's a private courier then wait as your I-20 will always get to you in 3working days. But make sure you have your sevis fee with you and a means to facilitate the payment and start working on your DS160. If possible pay your visa fee and keep before dollar goes up again.
Did you ask them when they are likely to reach a decision?
Full your dad as your major sponsor and during your interview you can also make it known to the VO that your company will also be sponsoring you as well. But if you get a GA, your father or your company will be ok along with your GA funding

The I-20 will be sent by FEDEX.

They did not say when the GA decision will be made. But i'm hopeful it won't take more than 2 weeks. Should i write them to follow-up by mentioning to them that i have been requested to send documents for I-20?.

Thank you slimmy05.

aanowai:

From my last F1 visa application interview experience at the US embassy, part of the reasons why my visa was delayed was because when the question "Who is sponsoring you?" came up, I only answered "My father", instead of answering "My father is my major sponsor but I also have money in my savings account which I have used to receive my salary from the company I work for". This proves that you have enough money to take care of your tuition and yourself, throughout your entire duration in the States. However, I came prepared with my father's SOA and mine. So I will strongly advise that in your DS160, fill in your father or mother as your sponsor, and then go for your visa interview with any of your folks SOA, including a letter from your company stating that they will also sponsor your MSc program and when thay question come up (because it will surely be asked), answered it the way, I have just stated. I hope I have been able to be of help. Respect..

Thanks for the advise aanowai. I am will be happy to provide all three (dad, company and myself) statement of accounts during interview. I shall remain hopeful for the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 8:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
sirRiddy:
Hey bro.
Thanks for checking on us.
Happy easter.
Thanks, sir Riddy. Please beep me whenever u are in Lagos. I've got a gig for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
Alright, bro. I don't know what gig means though undecided
innovativeame:

Thanks, sir Riddy. Please beep me whenever u are in Lagos. I've got a gig for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
sirRiddy:
Alright, bro. I don't know what gig means though undecided
Lol. Gig is gig joorjoor grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63