Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (867845 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
sirRiddy:
thanks slimmy05 for the responses.
Happy easter.
Same to you. Get well soon. Anytime bro.

Am here now, thanks to folks out here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
innovativeame:

Thanks, sir Riddy. Please beep me whenever u are in Lagos. I've got a gig for you.
Blaad, this sure a wonderful dude. Do well to get yo'ass here let me see how you'll call those concubines.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
idmanzik:

The I-20 will be sent by FEDEX.

They did not say when the GA decision will be made. But i'm hopeful it won't take more than 2 weeks. Should i write them to follow-up by mentioning to them that i have been requested to send documents for I-20?.

Thank you slimmy05.

Thanks for the advise aanowai. I am will be happy to provide all three (dad, company and myself) statement of accounts during interview. I shall remain hopeful for the best.

Chill a little for two weeks then do the needful. If they select you before interview, you can get a note from your department.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 10:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
Thanks for the advise aanowai. I am will be happy to provide all three (dad, company and myself) statement of accounts during interview. I shall remain hopeful for the best.

[/quote]

You are welcome.. That's what we are here for.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
kennyrony:
Hello NLanders,
I went for an F-1 Visa interview Yesterday in Lagos and was denied VISA. Here's my Interview:

VO: How are you
ME: Am good
VO: how did you get to know about the school
ME: I did a comprehensive research online using Princetonreview.Com, Usnews.com, and Gradschool. com
VO: why did you choose the school
ME: It is the most ranked school among the schools I apply to, it is rated among the best in the Midwest by Princeton review and usnew. It is also the safest campus in Michigan and the 3rd safest campus in the United state according to Reader's Digest
VO: how many school did you apply to
ME: 5
VO: who is sponsoring you
ME: My Dad
VO: what dos he do
ME: He is the general manager of...... bank and his is also into Real estate.

that was all d question she asked, No document was requested.

Hey bro
Sorry for the delay. You kept talking about safety being the reason you chose the school. The reason wasn't deep enough IMO

Just a quick question...When is your resumption for fall15? I know VO's cant issue visas to aspiring students until 120 days before the date on the i20...Was just wondering since this interview seems to be coming rather early.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 3:07am On Apr 04, 2015
profojah:

Lol? shocked Thank God Miss e-fighter didn't quote me to fight,. Out of 1434 posts, 1400 na e-war, rest na talks and advices. Lol
what do you meani ion like that undecided that wasnt funny u know
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 3:07am On Apr 04, 2015
ebdib:

Hey bro
Sorry for the delay. You kept talking about safety being the reason you chose the school. The reason wasn't deep enough IMO

Just a quick question...When is your resumption for fall15? I know VO's cant issue visas to aspiring students until 120 days before the date on the i20...Was just wondering since this interview seems to be coming rather early.
he is going for summer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 3:10am On Apr 04, 2015
codedove:
Shout out to all the wonderful VO's in the house . Have got a question to ask before my Mb get exhausted.....
Please is it a nice idea to apply to University of Central Oklahoma ?
Is it a red flag university?
its ok, go ahead
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by idmanzik: 3:44am On Apr 04, 2015
I just wrote to the embassy about my next question - expecting to hear from them by Wednesday. But i want to ask the gurus of the house too.

I saw on the embassy's website that "your passport must be valid at least 6 months beyond your proposed study period". Mine will be expire just 5 months (October, 2017) beyond the study period. Does this have any serious implication?. How do i go about it?.

Please help a worried brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:25am On Apr 04, 2015
idmanzik:
I just wrote to the embassy about my next question - expecting to hear from them by Wednesday. But i want to ask the gurus of the house too.

I saw on the embassy's website that "your passport must be valid at least 6 months beyond your proposed study period". Mine will be expire just 5 months (October, 2017) beyond the study period. Does this have any serious implication?. How do i go about it?.

Please help a worried brother.
is this why you mailed the embassy? Lol. It's means that your passport should be valid for atleast six months beyond your start date. Your passport ok.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bijouxcutey(f): 7:39am On Apr 04, 2015
Hi everyone. How are you all doing? Please are there doctors in the house,planning for MPH for 2015 or 2016? Please I have a couple questions for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 7:58am On Apr 04, 2015
ebdib:

Hey bro

Thanks bro. Am going for summer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by akin3102(m): 9:25am On Apr 04, 2015
[quote author=aanowai post=32315441]
From my last F1 visa application interview experience at the US embassy, part of the reasons why my visa was delayed was because when the question "Who is sponsoring you?" came up, I only answered "My father", instead of answering "My father is my major sponsor but I also have money in my savings account which I have used to receive my salary from the company I work for". This proves that you have enough money to take care of your tuition and yourself, throughout your entire duration in the States. However, I came prepared with my father's SOA and mine. So I will strongly advise that in your DS160, fill in your father or mother as your sponsor, and then go for your visa interview with any of your folks SOA, including a letter from your company stating that they will also sponsor your MSc program and when thay question come up (because it will surely be asked), answered it the way, I have just stated. I hope I have been able to be of help. Respect..
@annowai,please how much was in your personal account then? Am just curious becos I will fall into this category...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 10:57am On Apr 04, 2015
bijouxcutey:
Hi everyone. How are you all doing? Please are there doctors in the house,planning for MPH for 2015 or 2016? Please I have a couple questions for you.

what are ur questions ....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bolade005: 11:27am On Apr 04, 2015
Can I choose "non resident alien" while filling out the online form?. I don't think the other options are applicable to me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 12:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
About N3m..
My father was my major sponsor though.. I had both our SOAs for the interview. This just proves that you have enough funds for the duration of ur stay. It doesn't matter much if u don't that amount, as long as you are not sponsoring yourself. Hope I have been able to be of help?

[quote author=akin3102 post=32334851][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bimbolamelo: 12:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hello house....please I need an advice on this. I was denied a f-1 visa but I don't know why tho(the vo took my statement of account but I don't know what she did with it but tey account was fake and she denied me under 214(b)act.......I'm now studying in India,I would be coming to Nigeria by spetember for holiday and I plan to reapply for the visa....what are my chances of getting the visa pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sofadj(m): 2:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hi all, join me as I begin my journey to study in the US. Wrote the GRE 2weeks ago. Scored 152 verbal, 158 Quantitative, Analytical 3.5. Applied to Kentucky, Maryland, Miami and Buffallo for Mph. I just got admission letter from Miami but fees are exorbitant, waiting for the other schools for now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
Bimbolamelo:
Hello house....please I need an advice on this. I was denied a f-1 visa but I don't know why tho(the vo took my statement of account but I don't know what she did with it but tey account was fake and she denied me under 214(b)act.......I'm now studying in India,I would be coming to Nigeria by spetember for holiday and I plan to reapply for the visa....what are my chances of getting the visa pls?
shocked he collected your account statement and its fake? Well, what I can tell you is to come to Nigeria and reapply with a good bank statement, stop using agent to ruin yourself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 2:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
Bimbolamelo:
You said you don't know why? Common.... you said it yourself that your SOA was fake.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bimbolamelo: 2:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
slimmy05:
shocked he collected your account statement and its fake? Well, what I can tell you is to come to Nigeria and reapply with a good bank statement, stop using agent to ruin yourself.
thanks bro.......what are my chances,I want to use my uncle in America's documents
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by worry357: 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2015
Bimbolamelo:
thanks bro.......what are my chances,I want to use my uncle in America's documents

Read this and try to understand! angry
You were refused under 214(b) THIS MEANS THAT THE DID NOT BELIEVE THAT YOU WOULD LEAVE BEFORE YOUR VISA EXPIRED.
You want to use your uncle in America's documents which again looks like overstay and will be a refusal.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
sofadj:
Hi all, join me as I begin my journey to study in the US. Wrote the GRE 2weeks ago. Scored 152 verbal, 158 Quantitative, Analytical 3.5. Applied to Kentucky, Maryland, Miami and Buffallo for Mph. I just got admission letter from Miami but fees are exorbitant, waiting for the other schools for now.
why not state the schools so peeps here can tell you your chances of getting admits. Can you find MPH? The cheapest should be around 30k dollars. I mean a better school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 04, 2015
Bimbolamelo:
look for someone in Nigeria that can sponsor you, maybe your uncle or Aunty, then you can come back and apply. Note that you are only reapplying because of the 214b, so it's a try your luck thing. US embassy don't take fake documents likely, they frown at it, you might have been banned.

No harm in trying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by codedove: 3:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
zeezahbee:
its ok, go ahead
Am so thankful for the help .. i will start the processing asap.
Esheey gidigaan sister mi.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bimbolamelo: 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
slimmy05:
look for someone in Nigeria that can sponsor you, maybe your uncle or Aunty, then you can come back and apply. Note that you are only reapplying because of the 214b, so it's a try your luck thing. US embassy don't take fake documents likely, they frown at it, you might have been banned.

No harm in trying
thanks but u made me scared by saying they might have banned me sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
Bimbolamelo:
thanks but u made me scared by saying they might have banned me sad
That's just d fact.... dey don't take fake documents issue likely...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bimbolamelo: 4:31pm On Apr 04, 2015
kennyrony:

That's just d fact.... dey don't take fake documents issue likely...
aii but I'm 70 percent sure I was not banned....if I was banned I won't get 214(b)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by akin3102(m): 4:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
[quote author=aanowai post=32340512]About N3m..
My father was my major sponsor though.. I had both our SOAs for the interview. This just proves that you have enough funds for the duration of ur stay. It doesn't matter much if u don't that amount, as long as you are not sponsoring yourself. Hope I have been able to be of help?
@annowai,thanks for the information..please During the interview,did the VO asked for two SOAs especially yours?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
[quote author=akin3102 post=32348074][/quote]

I was not asked for a single document..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by haffikem(m): 8:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
@walspring..good evening

please am still patiently waiting for your reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
Pls I need advise,my sister is my international sponsor ,but usa demanded that I should have one here in Nigeria,and right now I have nobody except God,can I use an agent to get the SOA pls,I need answers

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.