Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866331 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by codedove: 12:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
slimmy05:
ever heard "one step at a time?"

Take a chill pill and focus on getting your visa.
Seconded...The lord is your muscle.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
amanze15:
Bros slimmy05, I read the whole part5, that time you sef being dey learn too grin grin, hows life in Tennessee
I pray you don't end up like domex007
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kobe79: 12:28pm On Apr 27, 2015
kobe79:
i beg who get link to GRE practice or test questions plz

guys i beg. i need am sharpaly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
slimmy05:
I pray you don't end up like domex007
what happened to him?....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
For GRE practice, you have a plethora of free and paid options.
1. Go to ets official site and download their powerprep II for free.
2. Manhattan 5lb is a book with countless number of free GRE questions and answers.
3. If you have some money to spare, you can buy Manhattan practice tests which cost less then 7k. You can also do one practice test on their site for free.
4. There is a GRE group called NEW GRE where you can find access to links to princeton and kaplan tests free too.
5. ETS has two books for both quant and verbal questions.

Good luck.
kobe79:

guys i beg. i need am sharpaly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kobe79: 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
sirRiddy:
For GRE practice, you have a plethora of free and paid options.
1. Go to ets official site and download their powerprep II for free.
2. Manhattan 5lb is a book with countless number of free GRE questions and answers.
3. If you have some money to spare, you can buy Manhattan practice tests which cost less then 7k. You can also do one practice test on their site for free.
4. There is a GRE group called NEW GRE where you can find access to links to princeton and kaplan tests free too.
5. ETS has two books for both quant and verbal questions.

Good luck.

thanks man you too much.
how much is the test in USD its bin long i read ooo
am thinking of taking it without practicing since its a requirement for something i need urgently
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
The test is 195 USD.
Visit the official site, ets.org for more information.
If you have to rush the test, the least favour you could do yourself is to use the ETS Official Guide to the GRE.
Rushing the test most times usually end badly by the way.
kobe79:

thanks man you too much.
how much is the test in USD its bin long i read ooo
am thinking of taking it without practicing since its a requirement for something i need urgently
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Roox: 1:10pm On Apr 27, 2015
Hi people, please I just finished helping my sister fill out the non-immigrant student visa. On the DS-109 form there is a part that asks you to provide names and details of non-relatives in your country that can verify the information you're submitting. Who knows if they actually call or email those people? Because the non-relatives that we put don't even know she is planning to travel for school. We want to know if we should need to tell them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kobe79: 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
sirRiddy:
The test is 195 USD.
Visit the official site, ets.org for more information.
If you have to rush the test, the least favour you could do yourself is to use the ETS Official Guide to the GRE.
Rushing the test most times usually end badly by the way.

but its standard arithmetic and verbal right
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
slimmy05:
Oja Oja! How far with GRE? When are you planning that way? They are already screaming your name at POE
Bro. ...I dey jack hard like ebdib, dicapino and SirRiddy....I'm also hearing my name at POE lol...I dey watch you like a crouching tiger as those TN babes dey finger your brain....#Spring16.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
profojah:

Bro. ...I dey jack hard like ebdib, dicapino and SirRiddy....I'm also hearing my name at POE lol...I dey watch you like a crouching tiger as those TN babes dey finger your brain....#Spring16.
How far profojah. How are u doing. We gat see bro. Make I come block u for Ikeja? ... wen u go dey free
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
kobe79:
Bro...get the books SirRiddy mentioned...I have the soft copies of the Manhattan series, grubber, magoosh and Nova. If you need the hard copy of the ETS OG (quant) and Manhattan RC, I can give you to make copies of it or pm Dicapino...

On the practise test, kindly download the powerprep from the ETS website, its very helpful ,and the NEW GRE group for Kaplan and Princeton questions he mentioned wil also help you to test yourself...You can as well pm dcutey, paulbet or bignyansh for magoosh practise group on whatsapp(those guys are gurus)...

Practise so many free GRE test on Majortests.com/gre and http://gre-online-prep.com/greapp/security/login.php, just sign up and do the test...... Gbabe, you will be good to go...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
Roox:
Hi people, please I just finished helping my sister fill out the non-immigrant student visa. On the DS-109 form there is a part that asks you to provide names and details of non-relatives in your country that can verify the information you're submitting. Who knows if they actually call or email those people? Because the non-relatives that we put don't even know she is planning to travel for school. We want to know if we should need to tell them.
They don't ! Feel free to use anybody.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 27, 2015
kennyrony:

How far profojah. How are u doing. We gat see bro. Make I come block u for Ikeja? ... wen u go dey free
Everly welcome bro...Come anytime anyday, anything after 4pm weekdays....How your side..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by warriboy21(m): 2:00pm On Apr 27, 2015
kobe79:

all gre questions there is...
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_JxGwdI0aTKVmxmVTBYcnVWenM&usp=sharing&tid=0B_JxGwdI0aTKR0QwWU1pVXYtR1k
thank me later.... wink

pls who has mckenzi's contact
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
The GRE has three sections:
1. Analytical Writing Assessment: tests your writing and analytical abilities. Consists of two essays, called issue essay and argument essay.
2. Quant: tests a wide range of topics including geometry, word problems, algebra, inequalities among others. If you are above average in maths, two months of focused prep should bring you up to speed with this section.
3. Verbal: consists of 3 sections: sentence equivalence, comprehension and word insertion. This section also depends on how sound your grammar and comprehension skills are. You can improve your scores here too with prep.
Caveat emptor: GRE is not in any way similar to TOEFL or IELTS in the level of difficulty. Except the 195 quid is something you can spend on drinks on a weekend, endeavor to prep for at least a month. I am not trying to scare you in any way. Just telling you the honest truth.
kobe79:

but its standard arithmetic and verbal right

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
@SirRiddy...Your number isn't going through... I need to talk to you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
Maybe it is network ish. My number is fine.
profojah:
@SirRiddy...Your number isn't going through... I need to talk to you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kobe79: 2:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
profojah:

Bro...get the books SirRiddy mentioned...I have the soft copies of the Manhattan series, grubber, magoosh and Nova. If you need the hard copy of the ETS OG (quant) and Manhattan RC, I can give you to make copies of it or pm Dicapino...

On the practise test, kindly download the powerprep from the ETS website, its very helpful ,and the NEW GRE group for Kaplan and Princeton questions he mentioned wil also help you to test yourself...You can as well pm dcutey, paulbet or bignyansh for magoosh practise group on whatsapp(those guys are gurus)...

Practise so many free GRE test on Majortests.com/gre and http://gre-online-prep.com/greapp/security/login.php, just sign up and do the test...... Gbabe, you will be good to go...

send me soft copies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kobe79: 2:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
sirRiddy:
The GRE has three sections:
1. Analytical Writing Assessment: tests your writing and analytical abilities. Consists of two essays, called issue essay and argument essay.
2. Quant: tests a wide range of topics including geometry, word problems, algebra, inequalities among others. If you are above average in maths, two months of focused prep should bring you up to speed with this section.
3. Verbal: consists of 3 sections: sentence equivalence, comprehension and word insertion. This section also depends on how sound your grammar and comprehension skills are. You can improve your scores here too with prep.
Caveat emptor: GRE is not in any way similar to TOEFL or IELTS in the level of difficulty. Except the 195 quid is something you can spend on drinks on a weekend, endeavor to prep for at least a month. I am not trying to scare you in any way. Just telling you the honest truth.

all these tins u listed above are moi-moi will just stidy for a week and choose the most available one i think its first week in mAy.

is there a pass mark? what is the total GRE it it 500 or 1000
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
Not even only moi moi, pizza sef.
Analytical writing is ranked from 0 to 6.
Quant is ranked from 130 to 170
Verbal is ranked from 130 to 170.

Please share your scores and experience with others like ebdib, sabiguy and myself who did the test did.
Any further questions, use the internet and the official website of ETS who conducts the test.
kobe79:

all these tins u listed above are moi-moi will just stidy for a week and choose the most available one i think its first week in mAy.

is there a pass mark? what is the total GRE it it 500 or 1000
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kobe79: 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
sirRiddy:
Not even only moi moi, pizza sef.
Analytical writing is ranked from 0 to 6.
Quant is ranked from 130 to 170
Verbal is ranked from 130 to 170.

Please share your scores and experience with others like ebdib, sabiguy and myself who did the test did.
Any further questions, use the internet and the official website of ETS who conducts the test.

guy u done try for me but no insult me na beg i use beg u. my mouth no gud
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
Good luck. Bye
kobe79:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
kobe79:

send me soft copies
Motigbo Sir...OK sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kobe79: 3:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
profojah:

Motigbo Sir...OK sir

bros na beg ur boy dey beg crayfish done bend i just need every
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
kobe79:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
kobe79:

Na craze dey worry that your stup.id mouth wey no gud...it seems Drogba dey your head...

Someone gave out his precious time to explain lengthy on how to go and the materials needed to guide you AND all what could come out from that your crazy so called-mouth in returns is bullshit...Ori e o tie pe rara, Isi a di gi'nma( anyone wey you understand)

Now I see you're troll and you don't fit here...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 3:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
kobe79:

How did he insult you. Honestly u needed to be flogged. You are not ready to write d test at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kobe79: 4:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
kennyrony:

How did he insult you. Honestly u needed to be flogged. You are not ready to write d test at all.

how u take know bros?
me done get. visit visa oooo na one employer need am for.usa wey i dey try hustle
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kobe79: 4:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
profojah:

Na craze dey worry that your stup.id mouth wey no gud...it seems Drogba dey your head...

Someone gave out his precious time to explain lengthy on how to go and the materials needed to guide you AND all what could come out from that your crazy so called-mouth in returns is bullshit...Ori e o tie pe rara, Isi a di gi'nma( anyone wey you understand)

my head correct Sir. me na usa visit thread i dey go nah condition.make.me.enter here .

ori mummy yin buru Sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 4:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
profojah:

This Kobe79 guy is so high on pure water. I want to hear his mi moi testimony after the GRE . Such an ungrateful bloke.

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.