Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (867747 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
slimmy05: just pour a cup full of palm oil
Guy, how Mr Oz guy dey do? Their visas suppose don mature. No tell him I don forget him name. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
innovativeame:
Oga Joenice, this risible and hilarious comments and responses of yours have propelled me to ask if you are studying COMEDIOLOGY ( new art course-comedy) ;Din school. Your comments are usually profound, however with highly concentrated elements of humour.
Also, you have never made argument a necessary show of prowess and knowledge content. I can't just stop laffing grin grin . Please, how do I disvirgin my own passport, I need a special technique so that it won't sound like a crime grin
Hahaha. Jesus, look at what you're asking me. Are you out of your mind? Don't be a scatterbrain. cheesy You've been praying all your entire life because you wanna go to America and here you're. And even the "expo" that is here, you can't even distinguish which one? cheesy

God is really watching you and HE is saying, my son what else will I do for you? Please read up and be happy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by goddyjay(m): 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
Walspring:

You can pay the sevis via WU either seme border or through someone in US..

As for the visa fee, go to any GTbank and make the pay and go along with you international passport.

thanks so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
Uncle Slimmy05, the palm oil pouring technique is a partial disvirginity process. It still sounds like a crime smiley grin angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
Joenice: Hahaha. Jesus, look at what you're asking me. Are you out of your mind? Don't be a scatterbrain. cheesy You've been praying all your entire life because you wanna go to America and here you're. And even the "expo" that is here, you can't even distinguish which one? cheesy

God is really watching you and HE is saying, my son what else will I do for you? Please read up and be happy.
Seriously, mere sighting JOENICE on this forum is a good dose of happiness in itself.
Everybody rocks in this forum except for some blokes who ask sinister questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by goddyjay(m): 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
sorry please is visa fee the same thing as sevis fee? cause I've paid one money at GTbank and now I'm seeing sevis fee again, someone help please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hahaha, palm oil or pammy? Which one are you talking about? I love taking palm wine, but since these guys often mix it with something, I stopped taking it. cheesy

Don't know what you're really up to or Is it the case of maximizing output? cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
goddyjay: sorry please is visa fee the same thing as sevis fee? cause I've paid one money at GTbank and now I'm seeing sevis fee again, someone help please.
I would refer you to kindergarten since you don't know between visa fee and sevis and you want to go to America? This is why I always say some lines can be dangerous and VOs get angry because of some silly perceptions. Please read properly before coming here. Some questions sound so childish and crazy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 5:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
Joenice: I would refer you to kindergarten since you don't know between visa fee and sevis and you want to go to America? This is why I always say some lines can be dangerous and VOs get angry because of some silly perceptions. Please read properly before coming here. Some questions sound so childish and crazy.
Oga Joenice, help him abeg, it is a sinister question though. At least this thread has revealed much about SEVIS fee as well as stating the difference between SEVIS fee and visa application fee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 5:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
ferdimako:
I'm OK...no need for any apology. I'm objective and won't take any clear talk personally-almost and all are not the same. I'm a tough guy!
Alright... I've heard you, Mr tough guy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
Mckenziii: Go Join d military Automatic Citizenship

And how would you join the military without a green card?

Or how would you become a citizen through military without being actively in service for at least 1 year?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Graviton2(m): 5:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
goddyjay: sorry please is visa fee the same thing as sevis fee? cause I've paid one money at GTbank and now I'm seeing sevis fee again, someone help please.

The sevis fee is different from the visa fee.

Check here — https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/mobile/index.html?view=mobile
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
biikeys:

Actually You can join with an F-1 visa after two years....and yeah marriage is not the only way.I have friends too who are citizens.

Longest time friend. But F1 visa for Nigerians is renewable after 2 years and by the time of renewal, you must still have courses registered. Then how to join while you're still in class?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Femicrux: 5:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
Pls, does anyone on this thread know of any F1 visa applicant who has been successful with paying SEVIS fee via Western Union directly from Nigeria? With WU opening out-bound transfers from Nigeria, I presume that should be possible. Right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 5:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
Stewee:

Here in Florida turnpike.
In Florida they have two ways of travelling in and out of its cities... You could use the I-95 and head due north or south or you can use the turnpike. The turnpike are faster routes but you'll pay toll as you go... Tolls can also be charged to your licence plates, you just drive by and cameras take you plates and charges it to the owner.

I see. NY is crazy when it comes to making revenue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
ferdimako:
Guy, how Mr Oz guy dey do? Their visas suppose don mature. No tell him I don forget him name. grin
Yeah. He is fine. Everything would be finalized by October and would be leaving December.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by goddyjay(m): 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
Joenice: I would refer you to kindergarten since you don't know between visa fee and sevis and you want to go to America? This is why I always say some lines can be dangerous and VOs get angry because of some silly perceptions. Please read properly before coming here. Some questions sound so childish and crazy.

Bro no need for harsh talk, I've been doing this thing all alone and i just started reading this thread. Thanks for your contribution though. ..

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Snazzygirl: 6:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
@Imperiouxx, despite his lack of details, mckenzii is right! Although the program has ended for this fiscal year, there is a program for legal residents (temporary aliens) who have been in the US for minimum of two years to join the military (army recruits most of them). You don't need to be in service for one year to get citizenship. Soldiers receive citizenship within 2months.

For f1 students, you don't need to have a valid visa to join. You just need to have a valid I-20 or EAD.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
innovativeame:
Oga Joenice, help him abeg, it is a sinister question though. At least this thread has revealed much about SEVIS fee as well as stating the difference between SEVIS fee and visa application fee.
Clap for yourself. Are your hand tied you cannot help him? Lol, i think the dude is complaining about fees, so much so he thinks paying for more is totally out of order.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
goddyjay:

thanks so much

Thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Snazzygirl: 6:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
Many people on this thread need to relax! We are all adults, and we need to accord each other the respect we all deserve. If someone gives a crappy information, call him/her out nicely, and give a better information. If someone is rude, call him/her out nicely. If someone calls you out based on your indecent behavior, take note of corrections and move on if the person is right. If not, make your point nicely . If someone asks a silly question, give them resources they can refer to/teach them how to gather information themselves OR ignore the question OR just answer the questions! Although I agree we shouldn't spoon feed people and they need to find some info themselves, we also need to remember we all aren't smart the same way. Even people with silly questions managed to find the NL thread, we should give them credit for that and help them improve.
For people that don't like to play nice or don't know how to, you don't have to reply all posts....move on! Argument is normal, but stupid argument/rudeness is unacceptable and derails the purpose of the thread.

N.B: sorry for the "sermon" y'all BUT we need to do better!

"Never put another man down... Unless it is on your prayer list." -----#QuoteFromDonMeyer

14 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mystiqme: 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
Double.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mystiqme: 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
Snazzygirl: @Imperiouxx, despite his lack of details, mckenzii is right! Although the program has ended for this fiscal year, there is a program for legal residents (temporary aliens) who have been in the US for minimum of two years to join the military (army recruits most of them). You don't need to be in service for one year to get citizenship. Soldiers receive citizenship within 2months.

For f1 students, you don't need to have a valid visa to join. You just need to have a valid I-20 or EAD.
You are right. But slots are finishing.
http://the-military-guide.com/2013/09/24/everything-you-need-to-know-for-the-2014-mavni-program/2/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
slimmy05: Marriage has always been the easiest truth. Even the ones that clamour about employment still has marriage first in their mind or don't you know so? grin

This is not necessarily true. I have friends who returned to Nigeria because they were not getting the employment based Green Cards and some had to return to school to do a PhD since it brightens their chances.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
osahons9:

Some nigerians hate the truth. The backlash from my statement wasn't what I expected. I know alot of people in the US who wouldn't lie to me even juntod. So let them wait 6 additional years plus the normal msc 2 to 5 years. That's like 11 years just to go home and carry your gf/bf. God is really able!!

My question to you is "must one stay in the US to be successful?"

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
goddyjay:

Bro no need for harsh talk, I've been doing this thing all alone and i just started reading this thread. Thanks for your contribution though. ..
Sorry, if I hurt your feelings. But somehow, you have to be committed to ensuring you make some proper research first. That's what makes you an educated person.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 7:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
Snazzygirl: @Imperiouxx, despite his lack of details, mckenzii is right! Although the program has ended for this fiscal year, there is a program for legal residents (temporary aliens) who have been in the US for minimum of two years to join the military (army recruits most of them). You don't need to be in service for one year to get citizenship. Soldiers receive citizenship within 2months.

Thanks for the information. How are you doing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 7:04pm On Sep 19, 2014

And how has this helped out

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
imperiouxx:

Where are you at in NYS: NYC, Long Island or Upstate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
imperiouxx:

And how would you join the military without a green card?

Or how would you become a citizen through military without being actively in service for at least 1 year?

You don't need a green card to join the army under the Marvin Program while you need to for the others. With your student visa, you should have spent a minimum of 21months by the time you are applying and should be on status. If you pass the exams and the physicals, you will undergo a 12month military training and before you pass out of the training, you are sworn in as an American Citizen. I have a number of friends who passed through this program last year and now they are citizens of the US.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
[size=18pt]4 Ways For An International Student to Stay In America[/size]

International students- listen up! it’s time to face the truth. You will eventually have to graduate and the F1 visa, the legal status that you occupy as a student, will expire. We can’t be students forever. Below are four ways to legally stay in America after receiving your diploma:

Get A Job That Will Get You A Work Visa.

The most feasible is to get the H-1B work visa issued by the United State Citizenship and immigration Service (USCIS). The visa last three years and is renewable for a green card.

It sounds simple, but the Immigration office has certain criteria for eligibility for the H-1B visa:

1) You must have a job offer or a sponsor for the H-1B. The visa needs an employer to back it up. And no, McDonalds doesn’t count.

2) The job must be a “specialty occupation.” This is where it gets tricky, the definition for “specialty” varies cases by case. Some jobs that commonly fall into “specialty” category are Tech savvy job, writing positions, engineering or nursing.

According to the United State Citizenship and immigration Service (USCIS) 2009 H-1B employers, silicon valley companies like Microsoft, Google and Yahoo hire the most for H-1B visas.If you don’t meet the criteria above, you can always be a fashion model because this is a speciality job.

Take note, the employers don’t just freely offer the visa, Loyola University’s Assistant Director at the International Office, Mary Theis said

It is difficult finding a company who will sponsor the H-1B and that H-1B is six years. Unless you are college teachers and that is easy.” How do you find the employer, Theis said ” Checking with [your] friends. And Ask your friends where they are getting jobs. Check with the International Student alumni.”

Down Side of H-1B visa: It’s costly for your employer. The application process adds up to $2500-2570. Its competitive. According to the Institute of International Education, there are 617,746 international students enrolled in American universities and most want this visa.

Join the Army

The Army recruits often and they want men and women who are willing and committed to serve America.

International students can join the United States Army if you are able to provide certain skills such as language interpreter, nurse, or physician. This program is called Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest (MANVI). MANVI takes up 1,000 non-citizens.You can request an info pack if interested.

Down Side of Army: You are required to stay in the army longer than two months and you are required run some miles during boot camp.

Get Married

Have you ever seen the movie Green Card? The film is about a French man who marries an American woman to get a green card. It is common to pay someone to marry you for their U.S citizenship. It is also fraudulent.

I am doing the opposite. I am telling you to get married for love. Just fall in love with a U.S citizen. Once married, know the green card application process is long. All couples must attend an interview with an immigration officer. Couples should expect detailed and specific interview questions.

According to USCIS, in 2009 there were 317, 129 green cards through marriage to a U.S citizen.

Down Side: There are thousands of applicants and it can take a year or more based on your application “place in line” to get your green card. They are also very detailed in interview questions and they can get personal.

More school

When your options are fading quick you can go back to school. As an International Student you can always earn more than one degree.You just earned a bachelor’s degree earn a master’s degree.It will make you more versatile for employers and buys more time to stay in America as an international student.

I know what you are thinking- pay for more school. There are more scholarships for international student in graduate school than undergrad.

Down Side: It involves more studying and more money if you cannot find a scholarship.

You don’t have to go home after graduation, be determined and find a way to stay.

http://internationalstudentsinamerica./2010/10/14/4-ways-for-an-international-student-to-stay-in-america-post-graduation/

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
GboyegaD:

You don't need a green card to join the army under the Marvin Program while you need to for the others. With your student visa, you should have spent a minimum of 21months by the time you are applying and should be on status. If you pass the exams and the physicals, you will undergo a 12month military training and before you pass out of the training, you are sworn in as an American Citizen. I have a number of friends who passed through this program last year and now they are citizens of the US.

Thanks. Have you gone back to school?

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.