Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866549 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by doctore89: 11:45am On Sep 19, 2014
Please how can someone register for SAT from the USA for a friend of mine that is in Nigeria? Please its Urgent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 19, 2014
fashbaba: I possess a virgin passport. I have my docs ready for my appointment with the embassy. Hope the fact that I have not travelled outer the country before hinder me being granted visa for my masters?

Provided your academic profile is impressive! Virgin passport shouldn't be an issue!

All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 12:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
ferdimako:
Some people wait that long in order to avoid marriage brohaha. You can find a true lover in the US and go for it than going for anyhow spouse just for GC. So marriage is not the only way...maybe English was the problem.

I have heard you oh.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by moneybag100: 12:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
Dot1:
Nothing automatically guarantees your visa approval. It only improves your chances.
Thanks bro...how far improve are we talking about? Is it up to 50% success?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 12:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
ferdimako:
Some people wait that long in order to avoid marriage brohaha. You can find a true lover in the US and go for it than going for anyhow spouse just for GC. So marriage is not the only way...maybe English was the problem.
go through their points again, none of them never said marriage was the only way. Their point is marriage seems to be the easiest way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by otunbakolawole(m): 12:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
Aiit. Thanks.
justwise:

He needs multiple entry visa to be able to leave and re-enter Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
@bigfrancis...boss I greet u. Hope you got my mail of appreciation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
JabinodelaRatta: go through their points again, none of them never said marriage was the only way. Their point is marriage seems to be the easiest way.
Check the meaning of end game! I was addressing osahons9. Others backed my claim..he was the one stifling my opinion. Did u bother to read from the beginning? Are u OK?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 12:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
ferdimako:
Check the meaning of end game! I was addressing osahons9. Others backed my claim..he was the one stifling my opinion. Did u bother to read from the beginning? Are u OK?
why are you being so sentimental over it? Well in response to your question sir, am ok. I did as you asked me to, however, I didnt find anywhere in the dictionary where "end game" is a synonym for "only". Or may be you should educate me more on that. Am a willing learner sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
JabinodelaRatta: why are you being so sentimental over it? Well in response to your question sir, am ok. I did as you asked me to, however, I didnt find anywhere in the dictionary where "end game" is a synonym for "only". Or may be you should educate me more on that. Am a willing learner sir.
Even the Op has acknowledged he should not have generalised when MsNas called him out. I have seen your write-ups here and you need to improve.

99% may rely on marriages but u can't say they all secure the GC only from marriages because 1% follow non-marriage routes. End game....u can't say no matter the other ways...u need marriages to cement the green cards. Use Google... a nice tool or don't u trust it too?

Sb just said after two years, F1 holders can join the military. I will still check on that.

I just learnt kids born off diplomats aren't given citizenship.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
JabinodelaRatta: why are you being so sentimental over it? Well in response to your question sir, am ok. I did as you asked me to, however, I didnt find anywhere in the dictionary where "end game" is a synonym for "only". Or may be you should educate me more on that. Am a willing learner sir.
I'm not disturbed...I'm not even coming to the US. Just put the records straight for others to use.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
sirRiddy: I am taking my first practice test after my prep this month.

Replied your pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
bigfrancis21:

I think I get your point. You were trying to say that green card by marriage is the major route to residency in the US. True to that, green card by marriage still remains the most commonest and easiest means of adjusting status here in the US because of the ease that comes with it. All you need to do is simply fall in love and have your GC in your hands in 1 year, or 2 years tops. I mean, take a look at all the statistics on percentages of routes to green card and the marriage route trumps the others. Last year, 2013, family based green cards made up 55% of all green cards issued and employment based green cards 13%. It is still the preferred means of adjustment because you don't have to be a 'genius' or 'exceptional' to earn it neither do you have to wait 6 long years to get it. Not to also think of the fact that green card via marriage is the only green card route that 'forgives' any prior immigration law transgressions such as a previous F1 status who violated their status, or a visitor visa alien who overstayed on his visa etc. These transgressions are difficult to forgive if adjusting via other routes to green card especially via the employment route.

People get their green cards via other routes such as employment, visa lottery, asylum etc but their numbers are small compared to the marriage route. Green card by marriage still remains the preferred route by many anytime anyday.

http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/News/green-cards-us/story?id=18240325
Thanks for clarifications! You see, this particular forum is why i'm still on Nairaland. The knowledge I acquire here is something i cannot describe. I mentioned about uplifting ban or even cancelling it outrightly, but our big sister, Nas and Prof Impe were laughing at me, thinking i was drunk to have said such thing. They even wrote something in Yoruba and i was shy to respond. cheesy Bigfrancis is another guru here. And others too.

I will say it again, ban can be uplifted or cancelled totally if you know what to do or do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by chimdilawson: 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
Stewee:

Loool
See you
Don't go saying you love Nigeria with all your heart. When you get here you'll. See its sweeter here. That's why they say "Home is where your heart it".
looo! sure bro! itz definitely sweater down dia, certainly it needs nat be over emphasized on, itz an obvious fact. buh den running outta naija as an immigrant may nat be d best, considering d fact dat one ain't a refugee! naija is in a damn bad shape sure! buh if we don't stay back and make it beta for our children and children's children whoz gon do dat?? abi na till all of us run finish naija come empty grin
Stewee:

Loool
See you
Don't go saying you love Nigeria with all your heart. When you get here you'll. See its sweeter here. That's why they say "Home is where your heart it".
looo! sure bro! itz definitely sweater down dia, certainly it needs nat be over emphasized on, itz an obvious fact. buh den running outta naija as an immigrant may nat be d best, considering d fact dat one ain't a refugee! naija is in a damn bad shape sure! buh if we don't stay back and make it beta for our children and children's children whoz gon do dat?? abi na till all of us run finish naija come empty lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
ferdimako:
I'm not disturbed...I'm not even coming to the US. Just put the records straight for others to use.
If you really want to succeed in life, please forget about how hostile people might be towards you. Sometimes, criticisms is good, so as to bring out the best in you.

Some of my best friends criticized me a lot in the past, even when I coughed, they said i smoke weed but in reality, they're the one smoking shits. Till God caught one of them. Ever since then, they never ever criticized me and when I talk, they always listen. cheesy

Keep up with your dreams and don't get discouraged or disturbed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
fashbaba: I possess a virgin passport. I have my docs ready for my appointment with the embassy. Hope the fact that I have not travelled outer the country before hinder me being granted visa for my masters?
Nope. Far from it.
Two things matter- God and how prepared you are.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
moneybag100:
Thanks bro...how far improve are we talking about? Is it up to 50% success?
Brother, this is still paraphrasing what you asked earlier, hence the answer remains the same. But to add to it; three things influence success in life- God, you and the devil. But only you with another one can work together, at anything, so prepare and pray well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
JabinodelaRatta: @bigfrancis...boss I greet u. Hope you got my mail of appreciation?

Yea I did bro. How's your school application thing going?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
Not at all. Virgin passport is a lot better. The VOs prefer virgin passport for F-1 Visas. They see you as inexperienced, not knowing that you've got some knowledge on Nairaland, as well as how to become a citizen. grin

But before, it was so hard getting an F1 US visa without travelling out of the country. So, when you go to the embassy and the VO asks you, why haven't you traveled out of Nigeria, just tell him or her that you're here for a student visa and to disvirgin your passport. Just kidding brother. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by richard4ssky: 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hello for those that want to write gre exam there is now a center in benin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Yea I did bro. How's your school application thing going?
very well boss. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2014

No and it wont because that's a criteria to get a US student visa... Just do well in your interview and ask for God favour, mercy and grace...

There are alot of people who got their visas on virgin passport here... So dont be panic
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
ferdimako:
Even the Op has acknowledged he should not have generalised when MsNas called him out. I have seen your write-ups here and you need to improve.

99% may rely on marriages but u can't say they all secure the GC only from marriages because 1% follow non-marriage routes. End game....u can't say no matter the other ways...u need marriages to cement the green cards. Use Google... a nice tool or don't u trust it too?

Sb just said after two years, F1 holders can join the military. I will still check on that.

I just learnt kids born off diplomats aren't given citizenship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
Joenice: Not at all. Virgin passport is a lot better. The VOs prefer virgin passport for F-1 Visas. They see you as inexperienced, not knowing that you've got some knowledge on Nairaland, as well as how to become a citizen. grin

But before, it was so hard getting an F1 US visa without travelling out of the country. So, when you go to the embassy and the VO asks you, why haven't you traveled out of Nigeria, just tell him or her that you're here for a student visa and to disvirgin your passport. Just kidding brother. cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
domex007:

Bros, how are you?
How are you holding up?

Am doing great and thanks to God..

How about you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 4:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
ferdimako:
Am sorry if i offended you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 4:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
Joenice: Not at all. Virgin passport is a lot better. The VOs prefer virgin passport for F-1 Visas. They see you as inexperienced, not knowing that you've got some knowledge on Nairaland, as well as how to become a citizen. grin

Oga Joenice, this risible and hilarious comments and responses of yours have propelled me to ask if you are studying COMEDIOLOGY ( new art course-comedy) ;Din school. Your comments are usually profound, however with highly concentrated elements of humour.
Also, you have never made argument a necessary show of prowess and knowledge content. I can't just stop laffing grin grin . Please, how do I disvirgin my own passport, I need a special technique so that it won't sound like a crime grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 4:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
Joenice: If you really want to succeed in life, please forget about how hostile people might be towards you. Sometimes, criticisms is good, so as to bring out the best in you.

Some of my best friends criticized me a lot in the past, even when I coughed, they said i smoke weed but in reality, they're the one smoking shits. Till God caught one of them. Ever since then, they never ever criticized me and when I talk, they always listen. cheesy

Keep up with your dreams and don't get discouraged or disturbed.
Sir, neither did I criticized him nor was I hostile towards him. I only emphasized Bigfrancis's point but I never thought it'd be taken as an offence by him. Anyways, i've apologized to him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
doctore89: Please how can someone register for SAT from the USA for a friend of mine that is in Nigeria? Please its Urgent. Thanks

Its stressful doing that and it will cost you more than the about the person will use to register it here in Nigeria.. I advise you to send the money to the person here and let the person register it here..

But if you want to know the procedure... Just let me know so that i can write the epistle for you or you send me pm.. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
domex007: Hello frnds,
When filling ds160, the part where they ask if you have a relative in the US, (I have an uncle there) but I can't find the column for uncle, what do I click?

Sorry to ask, did you fill that in your previous ds160 before?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
innovativeame:
Oga Joenice, this risible and hilarious comments and responses of yours have propelled me to ask if you are studying COMEDIOLOGY ( new art course-comedy) ;Din school. Your comments are usually profound, however with highly concentrated elements of humour.
Also, you have never made argument a necessary show of prowess and knowledge content. I can't just stop laffing grin grin . Please, how do I disvirgin my own passport, I need a special technique so that it won't sound like a crime grin
just pour a cup full of palm oil
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
JabinodelaRatta: Sir, neither did I criticized him nor was I hostile towards him. I only emphasized Bigfrancis's point but I never thought it'd be taken as an offence by him. Anyways, i've apologized to him.
I'm OK...no need for any apology. I'm objective and won't take any clear talk personally-almost and all are not the same. I'm a tough guy!

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.