Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon (55403 Views)

Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / Massive Tension In Mubi: Soldiers Flee As Boko Haram Invades / Gwoza Town Fall To Boko Haram As Soldiers Flee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by blaqoracle: 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
20pounds: This is goodnews! 480 other Nigerians will fill their place, thereby creating employment. The transformation is on course! Who said GEJ is not working?

Very soon, Adamawa state will defect to Cameroon too with their Lamido and we shall go and occupy the land and own their horses and cattle(plus Nyako's mango trees)

GEJ till 20 lipsrsealed
another comment from a landless and kingless people.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by adanny01(m): 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
While GEJ supporters and his army chiefs may choose to deny the story, i am 100% sure that it happened.

Whatever smoke that has been rising in this regime has fire underneath it and they keep denying. A soldier confirmed the story and actually placed a call on speaker to confirm from some of his boys that he got information that were involved. The two he called confirmed that they have deserted but have decided to return. Although this article claims 480, my informer said only just above 80 soldiers deserted.

Nigerian soldiers are begining to lose morale because of the realisation that the Boko haram is an obvious conspiracy. Nigerian army is one or the best in Africa but cannot handle Boko haram, thats an irony. While the less capable Cameroonian army has seriously dealth with Boko haram on their own side, Nigerian army cant for no obvious reason other than the fact that Boko is better armed and somehow manage to get funds and intelligence from no obvious where.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by bayulll01(m): 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
ceemere: its funny how nobody talks about those who said nigeria will be ungovernable for GEJ, all they do is blame GEJ, even when they know those who said it and put it in motion by bringing in boko boys. Abeg mey una hit the hammer on the head of the nail which is all those northern elders and politicians who said they will make sure nigeria will be ungovernable for GEJ. Anyways I blame him partially cos if it was to be OBJ, all northern states for don be charcoal from Air strike by now. Mtchewww undecided
will shut ur uselessss mouth up,even if they said so,why can't ur uselesss president bring them to book since he believe some pple are he'll bent to make his government ungovernable,ode u deserve the president u have since u can't think straight,is this how u wana rule ur family claiming sympathy and falling a victim so that the whole world will sympathize with u,guy u are a looser

8 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by maclatunji: 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
This should really be the last warning to all of us in Nigeria. if we do not get the government to tackle Boko Haram NOW, they might get out of hand and the consequences would be calamitous.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by takedat(m): 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
Disheartening news.

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Phame: 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
dhammyg: NIGERIA IS A PATHETIC COUNTRYsadOUR SOLDIERS NOW DEFECT TO OTHER COUNTRIES JUST LIKE OUR POLITICIANS DEFECT TO OTHER PARTIES sad

AND SOME IDIIOT WILL COME HERE TO SAY #JONATHAN TILL 2019#angry

MAY THUNDER FIRE THE RIGHT YANSH OF ANYONE WHO SAYS THATangry

THINGS IN NIGERIA UNDER JONATHAN HAVE ONLY GOTTEN WORSEangryangryembarassed

d worst that can happen to this country again is jonathan's re-election.

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by gratiaeo(m): 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
This otueke man self.
Smh

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by skype1986: 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
480 soldiers! Ah,dats like a battalion or almost a battalion,dis story is hard 2 believe,wat type f military hardware does bokoharam have dat d nigerian army cannot get 2 confront dem.dere may be a source 2 dis news,but it may all b lies 4rm d part of bbc.the no is jst 2 huge 2 believe.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Gbawe: 4:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
ceemere: its funny how nobody talks about those who said nigeria will be ungovernable for GEJ, all they do is blame GEJ, even when they know those who said it and put it in motion by bringing in boko boys. Abeg mey una hit the hammer on the head of the nail which is all those northern elders and politicians who said they will make sure nigeria will be ungovernable for GEJ. Anyways I blame him partially cos if it was to be OBJ, all northern states for don be charcoal from Air strike by now. Mtchewww undecided

No doubt GEJ faces assault from those determined to undermine him but we are all witness to how he will not even do the minimum to get Nigerians on his side. We only see him supervising the unconscionable looting undermining the ability of our armed forces to confront and overcome terror.

Did GEJ and the PDP not continue to tell us they know who the sponsors of terrors are without anyone been brought to book? Is this not the main reason the guns of Boko haram are getting bigger and more sophisticated? I.e their 'known' sponsors and backers remaining at large and doing damage arming the street-level combatants? What has happened to Senator Ndume till today? Did GEJ himself not say that Boko haram has "infiltrated every level of my government"? Have you then seen any arrest? Is this how to overcome terrorism?

Please, the time to see GEJ as a 'victim' is long gone. Now it is obvious he is a man only interested in power at all cost regardless of how terrible things are becoming for Nigeria. You forget that it is very easy for a 'disengaged' and self-serving leader to be apathetic to all the deaths he is personally detached from. This is exactly what is happening with our President who fiddles and chases his own political agenda while Nigeria burns. GEJ's own myopia will be his undoing.

12 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
btw this is just comming in, i don't know how true.

Why 480 Nigerian
Soldiers Defected,
Cameroon’s Role – JJ,
Omojuwa reports
?The BBC reports that some 480 Nigerian
soldiers have fled into Cameroon following
fierce fighting with Boko Haram militants.
This has since been confirmed by the
Cameroonian Army spokesman Lt Col Didier
Badjek who said said the soldiers have been
disarmed and were now being accommodated
in schools.
The Nigerian Army was planning to court
martial them and send them to firing squad
over what it deemed as mutiny. The soldiers
decided to cross over. They have been
disarmed and put in a classroom in the
Maoua Area of northern Cameroon. The
Cameroon information minister has confirmed
it. They are the soldiers who refused to fight
last week until they are better equipped. All
480 of them. They were stationed in Borno
state. Cameroon’s role appears to be a form
of diplomatic support because they could have
rejected their appeal to defect. Cameroon
closed its borders last week but is now
allowing defectors into its territory.

omojuwa.com/2014/08/why-480-nigerian-soldiers-defected-cameroons-role-jj-omojuwa-reports/
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by kabba7(m): 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
SO THIS IS GEJ's FRESH AIR !

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by cirmuell(m): 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
illitrate: another fake news

how does a terrorist disarm an opponent and allow him to flee?
u be confirm olodo.

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by xynerise: 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
I still don't believe this report, but if this is true, then GEJ should just do the needful......

#StepAside.

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
gratiaeo: This otueke man self.
Smh
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by ntyce(m): 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
This is serious, very serious.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by RaptorX: 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
PointB: In any case when soldiers defect, they move from one opposing army to the other. In other words, Nigeria is at war with Boko Haram not Cameroon, hence our soldiers can only defect from Nigeria Army to Boko Haram terrorists, not join Cameroon's Army.

That's why this topic is arrant nonsense!

Keep on believing the topic is arrant nonsence, where does it say they defected to the Cameroonian army, it say they fled to Cameroon meaning they are seeking asylum in Cameroon so as not to fight BH.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Mattin(m): 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
Show me pictures of 480 soliders fleeing/running/travelling/trecking to Cameroon and how they were disharmed or ADONBILIVIT.
You like to paint Naija black!
Fvck
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by bayulll01(m): 4:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
imagine a president that's suppose to be the father of the nation saying things that will destabilize the whole nation,"those who are with u are far more than those who are against you"as illiterate as obasanjo his,he will never make such statements,what do u gain by dividing the whole north,u are suppose to bring them together and ur good work will speak for u,u don't need to cajole or lied to pple for them to vote u in power,truth be told Gej is clueless and not fit to be a local government chairman cos he lack leadership trait

7 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Pennywise(m): 4:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by PEREP: 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
Gbawe:

This is what has gained GEJ uniform condemnation from virtually all his peers worldwide while his brainwashed fans talk and attack everyone, including a mere journalist like Isha Sesay, as if the world is deliberately against their oga. Even as this allegation is not verified, I would not be surprised if this turns out to be true because many unprecedented and terrible developments, such as that claimed here, are the outcome of the kind of callous self-servitude and corruption GEJ is working with even the worst despot like Abacha did not display.

GEJ is literally destroying every Nigerian institution with his myopic greed and lust for power at all cost. He has virtually bankrupted Nigeria buying support he assumes will help him remain in power. He has, to the detriment of Nigeria, been capitulating to political blackmailers and extortionists from day one and since he was sworn in as acting President !!! Why will we not witness the destruction and dismantling of the Nigerian Army when $18 billion disbursed to strengthen our Army's capability against Boko Haram was embezzled under GEJ? When the money that is to be used to defend the nation is looted (something we did not even see under the worst dictators) then what else do Nigerians need to see to note , as many have stated already, that GEJ is a "very dangerous President"?

Pls substantiate your claims your mouth remain Shut till Eternity. If SSS pick you and request you give details of those who looted 18B USD, hope you will be able to give facts?

If IBB, Abacha, OBJ has continually serviced Naija weaponry, we will be near up to date.

The first set of renewals came under this government.

Some are of the opinion some forces want is the return of Naija armoury to the North so that BH can seize it for final full scale war and I am sure this won't happen.

The govt bought some weapons recently from the US and Russia which is been transfered to our Armed forces at the moment.

It is so funny that most of our Army signed up to earn a living rather than standing to be counted for Naija's Territorial integrity.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by oweniwe(m): 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
ignorant people are so plenty here.

Boko haram's media propaganda na im una dey swallow hook, line, and sinker like this?

Soldiers defecting in dis age? Na 18t century we dey?

Gullible Phools
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by henrysam(m): 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
olapluto: 480!!! WOW!
Well, when they wont get salary on time, have to beg for bullets, and not assured of their family welfare in case they die in action, I dont blame them.
But 480 is an alarmingly high number. The president is not even bothered. He is setting a very very very disturbing precedence here in Nigeria. Never have we had so many deserters.
It is a shame that in a time of war, our leaders are weakening our army.
I fear that by the time GEJ hands over (hopefully next year), he may not have more than 32 states to hand over. Systematic disintegration of Nigeria is going on under a president that is happy to weaken the army to prevent a coup d'etat rather than equip the army to maintain territorial integrity of the country.
Weakening of nigerian army was an inheritance. Gej did not.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by o2k(m): 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
If soldiers are going AWOL, what then is expected of civilians?
ISIS influenencing Bokoharam since august 2014
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by PointB: 5:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
RaptorX: Keep on believing the topic is arrant nonsence, where does it say they defected to the Cameroonian army, it say they fled to Cameroon meaning they are seeking asylum in Cameroon so as not to fight BH.

The original topic said 'defected'. You are late to the thread. Should have taken some time to read some of the initial posts!
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by roymary: 5:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
GEJ defected to Germany... undecided

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by cirmuell(m): 5:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
Obiagelli: btw this is just comming in, i don't know how true.

Why 480 Nigerian
Soldiers Defected,
Cameroon’s Role – JJ,
Omojuwa reports
?The BBC reports that some 480 Nigerian
soldiers have fled into Cameroon following
fierce fighting with Boko Haram militants.
This has since been confirmed by the
Cameroonian Army spokesman Lt Col Didier
Badjek who said said the soldiers have been
disarmed and were now being accommodated
in schools.
The Nigerian Army was planning to court
martial them and send them to firing squad
over what it deemed as mutiny. The soldiers
decided to cross over. They have been
disarmed and put in a classroom in the
Maoua Area of northern Cameroon. The
Cameroon information minister has confirmed
it. They are the soldiers who refused to fight
last week until they are better equipped. All
480 of them. They were stationed in Borno
state. Cameroon’s role appears to be a form
of diplomatic support because they could have
rejected their appeal to defect. Cameroon
closed its borders last week but is now
allowing defectors into its territory.

omojuwa.com/2014/08/why-480-nigerian-soldiers-defected-cameroons-role-jj-omojuwa-reports/
i hope this is what it is undecided
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by uboma(m): 5:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
@ topic, i remember sometime this year when i pointed out that our soldiers do not have the necessary weaponry and skills to combat the Boko Haram men and some members here were bashing me, asking for evidence to buttress my claims. Here you have it... If our soldiers have the latest weapons/gadgets and skills at their disposal, they wouldn't be running away.

You can not just send these men to the war front to go and die like chicken without even adequate provisions to cater for their families/dependents afterwards. They are HUMANS like everyone of us whose natural desire is to keep living whether the going is good or not.

I do not blame them. They did the right thing. Atleast let the whole world know that our soldiers are not adequately equipped to handle these insurgents. I would do the same....

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by oluwato69sin(m): 5:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
2009-2019,,Nigeria could turn into Zimbabwe under our oppressor ,,gej,,if he rules till 2019,,he's gonna have ruled for 10 years,,I doubt if those stupid tan agencies have calculators,, shebi na one day Mugabe start,,Nigerians use ya head,,has Nigeria gotten better since 09!!!

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by o2k(m): 5:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
henrysam:
Weakening of nigerian army was an inheritance. Gej did not.
And he has been trying to strengthen the army for close to eight years

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
cirmuell: i hope this is what it is undecided
even at this, its totally shameful and unacceptable .
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by maclatunji: 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
cirmuell: i hope this is what it is undecided

That report is even worse than fleeing from the battle zone! If they fled, it shows that they were taking orders before the fire-power of the opposition made them run. If they mutinied, it shows that there is no control of Nigeria's troops and the chances of defeating Boko Haram is slim.

Either way, it is very bad news.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by maclatunji: 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
maclatunji:
That report is even worse than fleeing from the battle zone! If they fled, it shows that they were taking orders before the fire-power of the opposition made them run. If they mutinied, it shows that there is no control of Nigeria's troops and the chances of defeating Boko Haram is slim.
Either way, it is very bad news.
Obiagelli:
even at this, its totally shameful and unacceptable .

It is just common sense now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

2023: Some ‘Unknown Persons’ Stole My Academic Certificates - Tinubu Tells INEC / "If PMB Likes Let Him Impregnate My Wife, Call Ondo 'Edo', I Will Vote For Him" / Olawale Oluwo: Tinubu Vs Ambode - What Really Happened - Ex-Commissioner Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.