Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,953 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship (29930 Views)

7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women / Seven Things To Expect In A Real Godly Relationship / Why Is Christian Dating So Difficult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ibietela2(m): 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
shegsky:
And it results to 28 days night vigil for her.

Hahahaha hahahahaha, then she will start going from one church to another....... Looking for God knows what.

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by PeckNARM: 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
Kirinwa:

You have NO part in this discussion. I cast you out to Sexuality section where you belong, in Jesus name, Amen!
This thread is for christians. Your reasoning and orientations are anti-christ.
okay am a demon suddenly! You idiot! Because I refuse to be a zombie am not a christian! "Thou shall not judge" and here you are casting me out and jumping to conclusions! In the end your fooling yourself" holier than thou"

2 Likes

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Lero15(m): 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
piagetskinner:
Ur last statement is indeed heavy and deep...I hope christians come to realise that salvation is from christ alone....and not the sugar-coating preachers give to it
thanks. I do hope too..."my pastor says" is what we hear now, instead of "the Bible says"

2 Likes

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ibietela2(m): 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
PeckNARM: Brainwashed nation! So someone should jump and marry the first lady he comes across, without tasting the fruits! That's how mistakes are made! What if after marriage you find out she has a tunnel in between her legs as opposed to a pinky finger sized hole! You'll be forced to abandon ship and commit another sin!

I don't even understand them, you see a girl today and the next thing is marriage.......... After that divorce

3 Likes

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by emyguz(m): 5:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
lepasharon: Op are you a virgin?

Good question my dear
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Darteyyyy(m): 5:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
And you think scaring them with Lake of fire will help matters?

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by postloaded: 5:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
[url=http://greatloaded.com/technology-updates/twitter-starts-testing-%27buy%27-button]Twitter starts testing 'buy' button[/url]

[url=http://greatloaded.com/technology-updates/google-plans-to-debates-on-%27right-to-be-forgotten]Google plans to debates on 'right to be forgotten[/url]

A Chinese boy Found 3,000-year-old bronze sword in a river in Jiangsu Provinc
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by postloaded: 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
ibietela2:

Hahahaha hahahahaha, then she will start going from one church to another....... Looking for God knows what.

[url=http://greatloaded.com/technology-updates/twitter-starts-testing-%27buy%27-button]Twitter starts testing 'buy' button[/url]

[url=http://greatloaded.com/technology-updates/google-plans-to-debates-on-%27right-to-be-forgotten]Google plans to debates on 'right to be forgotten[/url]

A Chinese boy Found 3,000-year-old bronze sword in a river in Jiangsu Provinc
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 5:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
I had this arguement sometyms ago in the past, where christians are telling me u need to knw ur spouse before marriage hence dating in oda words courting, i ask ed a simple question; where was it written??, the only recognisable relationship in the bible is MARRIAGE.

now tell me: if after dating would u know everything about ur spouse. My dear flee from sin
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by handysuzy(f): 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2014
snadguy007: Your opinion ma'am
Let me keep shut lest I get reprimanded.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by EriboEghosa(m): 5:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
emmyskies:

What a quote from the pit of hell and the devil. My friend, body no be firewood shay? But e go turn to firewood for the lake of fire for eternity if one don't repent and discipline self.

See, there would be no excuse on the last day. If you truely want to live Christ-like and be saved, it is hundred percent possible. If you want to live a life without fornicating or sinning at all, it is possible because the word of GOD have confirmed it that no temptation can befall you beyond that which you can't overcome -1st Cor 10:13

So write off that quote from your heart and strive to make heaven
yea lts possible. Pple of old like joseph and daniel saw sin and ran away frm it. Bt nothing is wrong in courting. You may wana read boy meet girl by joshua harris
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ngona(f): 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
The grace of God is always sufficient to carry us through what ever situation we find our selves. Its a matter of decision, humans have a very strong will what ever we decide upon we achieve, this is not left out. God is always ready to carry us through.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by oyewolestephen(m): 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
I guess the Op has not TASTE THE MONEY before That is why he is preaching against it, just TASTE it, walahiiii you will come here for TESTIMONY
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ihedinobi2: 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
sirjohnson: OP I do not buy your idea. One should have sex before marriage to understand the sexual chemistry between yourself and to-be spouse. Read this article Here about why one must have sex before marriage and you will agree with me.

Them christian sisters will discover after marriage that the man is impotent because they wouldnt try to taste the forbidden fruit. SMH for some people
I have two questions for you. Is there any problem in that article and in this response of yours that cannot develop in the future after "perfect" sexüal conditions? And is there any problem there that two people cannot work through if they chose to do so together?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
datguru: This act should not once be mentioned amongst you as ye becometh christains. the only relationship that should exist between a genuine born again sister and brother is MARRIAGE. Apart from this, any other relationship is sinful
But how will one get married without knowing his/her partner. Dating is important in that regard.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ngona(f): 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2014
OnyeEgo1: I had this arguement sometyms ago in the past, where christians are telling me u need to knw ur spouse before marriage hence dating in oda words courting, i ask ed a simple question; where was it written??, the only recognisable relationship in the bible is MARRIAGE.

now tell me: if after dating would u know everything about ur spouse. My dear flee from sin
some time ago I find my self among christians that practice dating nd having sex, I thought within my self that it might not be bad after all, but when I inquire of the Holy Spirit it was a No No dt I got. U will never know a person well, that's why we involve God in our lives.

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
ibietela2:

TRUE....
That's why MOST Nigerian youths, here in the US, hardly attend Nigerian churches.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 5:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
ngona: some time ago I find my self among christians that practice dating nd having sex, I thought within my self that it might not be bad after all, but when I inquire of the Holy Spirit it was a No No dt I got. U will never know a person well, that's why we involve God in our lives.

its very hard for young christians to accept the fact that there bodies are living sacrifice rom 12:1-2, so dey gv d devil chance to tempt howbeit there is no new temp nor sin...
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 6:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
EriboEghosa: yea lts possible. Pple of old like joseph and daniel saw sin and ran away frm it. Bt nothing is wrong in courting. You may wana read boy meet girl by joshua harris

sir? There is just OnE book u are allowed to read for understanding correction THE BIBLE.. 2tim 3:16.. Hence its not there in dat book, no book den can justify it
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ibietela2(m): 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
CFCfan:
That's why MOST Nigerian youths, here in the US, hardly attend Nigerian churches.

Really? I wouldn't be surprised because the brain washing is too much
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Freest(m): 6:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
ngona: some time ago I find my self among christians that practice dating nd having sex, I thought within my self that it might not be bad after all, but when I inquire of the Holy Spirit it was a No No dt I got. U will never know a person well, that's why we involve God in our lives.
Having sex and inquired of the holy spirit Which holy spirit if i may ask please
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by haibe(m): 6:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
I don't see how the bible condemns dating, all the bible says is that fornication is sinful. You can't just pick a wife and get married to her that day without courting. Please the fact that we are Christians should not make us illogical in our reasoning.

Yes there is Christian dating, one which does not constitute fornication and in which the love is genuine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
ibietela2:

Really? I wouldn't be surprised because the brain washing is too much
I attend a Naija church though; but you'd be surprised that even more Naija youths here barely go to any church at all, save for Christmas Day grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by DaWorshiper(m): 6:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
You people just keep scaring people away from God. Making heaven is never by ur works but on ur trust on d finishd work of Jesus to save u.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Clefcentfelix(m): 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
OnyeEgo1: I had this arguement sometyms ago in the past, where christians are telling me u need to knw ur spouse before marriage hence dating in oda words courting, i ask ed a simple question; where was it written??, the only recognisable relationship in the bible is MARRIAGE.

it's either you don't read your bible or you don't understand it when you read. I will start from old testament and give you many examples and instructions concerning courtship even in the gospels

Exo 22:16 And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife.

Deu 20:7 And what man is there that hath betrothed a wife, and hath not taken her? let him go and return unto his house, lest he die in the battle, and another man take her

Deu 22:25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die: meaning she was promised marriage but another person defiled her

2Sa 3:14 And David sent messengers to Ishbosheth Saul's son, saying, Deliver me my wife Michal, which I espoused to me for an hundred foreskins of the Philistines.

Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.- the word espouse is to promise to marry in the original so please be clear, what are u against? lust or courtship? they aren't the same

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by DaWorshiper(m): 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2014

What nature of relationship was Joseph and Mary having b4 she concieved of d HolySpirit

2 Likes

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by OnyeEgo1(m): 6:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
DaWorshiper:
What nature of relationship was Joseph and Mary having b4 she concieved of d HolySpirit

dey where not dating
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Voy(m): 6:32pm On Sep 08, 2014
emmyskies:

What a quote from the pit of hell and the devil. My friend, body no be firewood shay? But e go turn to firewood for the lake of fire for eternity if one don't repent and discipline self.

See, there would be no excuse on the last day. If you truely want to live Christ-like and be saved, it is hundred percent possible. If you want to live a life without fornicating or sinning at all, it is possible because the word of GOD have confirmed it that no temptation can befall you beyond that which you can't overcome -1st Cor 10:13

So write off that quote from your heart and strive to make heaven
I feel u bro, I aint in support of wuh dat dude said buh u see; we human n sinning is a must... We jus av to pray we get saved on d last daym we can live a Christ-like life buh can't keep it 100%, Jesus was perfect buh we aint perfect! We all sinners... So pls take it cool on dat nigga, n yue homie; calm donw o
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Joythah(m): 6:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
Clefcentfelix: it's either you don't read your bible or you don't understand it when you read. I will start from old testament and give you many examples and instructions concerning courtship even in the gospels

Exo 22:16 And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife.

Deu 20:7 And what man is there that hath betrothed a wife, and hath not taken her? let him go and return unto his house, lest he die in the battle, and another man take her

Deu 22:25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die: meaning she was promised marriage but another person defiled her

2Sa 3:14 And David sent messengers to Ishbosheth Saul's son, saying, Deliver me my wife Michal, which I espoused to me for an hundred foreskins of the Philistines.

Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.- the word espouse is to promise to marry in the original so please be clear, what are u against? lust or courtship? they aren't the same

gbam... Enof said.

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by DaWorshiper(m): 6:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

dey where not dating
That's not an answer!
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Kirinwa: 6:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
PeckNARM: okay am a demon suddenly! You idiot! Because I refuse to be a zombie am not a christian! "Thou shall not judge" and here you are casting me out and jumping to conclusions! In the end your fooling yourself" holier than thou"

You are a huge joke. Do I even need to judge you? Which of the scriptures supports tasting of fruits/ fornication. Which christian will even mention it? Rev 22:15 clearly states that fornicators shall not enter heaven so where exactly are you spending eternity?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Onyiibazz: 6:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
Romancegirl: Christians especially Nigerian and African own are the worst set of hypocrites.

Please do you mind explaining?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Akulga Widows Pray For PDP Candidates In Rivers Over Assembly Rerun / Wet Dreams: A Thorn In My Flesh Going To Two Decades / Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.