Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,702 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship (29913 Views)

7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women / Seven Things To Expect In A Real Godly Relationship / Why Is Christian Dating So Difficult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Onyiibazz: 6:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
Romancegirl: Christians especially Nigerian and African own are the worst set of hypocrites.

Do you mind explaining?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Penboy: 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
Abstain from fornication.. That is the principle, even though it mightnt be easy.

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
ibietela2:

Hahahaha hahahahaha, then she will start going from one church to another....... Looking for God knows what.
And our amiable so called pastors go dey do romantic deliverance for her just to av someone to get hooked with at d age of 39 . Who knows, she might be ur second wife nah..
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by cold(m): 7:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
Well you can indulge in sèxual activities on a regular and ask for forgiveness after the act. Our god is a merciful god,he will always forgive. Or is that not what the bible says?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ibietela2(m): 7:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
shegsky:
And our amiable so called pastors go dey do romantic deliverance for her just to av someone to get hooked with at d age of 39 . Who knows, she might be ur second wife nah..

Lol
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ndcide(m): 7:12pm On Sep 08, 2014
Wait... Don't Christians fall in love?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by FarmTech(m): 7:12pm On Sep 08, 2014
sirjohnson: OP I do not buy your idea. One should have sex before marriage to understand the sexual chemistry between yourself and to-be spouse. Read this article Here about why one must have sex before marriage and you will agree with me.

Them christian sisters will discover after marriage that the man is impotent because they wouldnt try to taste the forbidden fruit. SMH for some people
We christians walk by faith and not by sight. By the way, b4 marriage, you undergo health checkups. So there is no need for sex. If u base ur marriage on the wrong foundatn you'll regret it. A girl u sleep with b4 marriage, do u think u can trust her? A lot of marriages today are hell bc of wrong foundatn. And remember u may die at any time. And there is a God waiting to judge u.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by PeckNARM: 7:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
Kirinwa:

You are a huge joke. Do I even need to judge you? Which of the scriptures supports tasting of fruits/ fornication. Which christian will even mention it? Rev 22:15 clearly states that fornicators shall not enter heaven so where exactly are you spending eternity?
But that's exactly what you have just done! If you went to school at all you would have realised that!I guess your without sin you fool! I guess you've not heard of confession or repentance! According to this clown people commit one sin and you going to HELL! Your ministry is moving! Go find a fellow jobless person like yourself to debate this with! I don't no bout you but I'm not been paid salary for this! While your at it go marry a prostitute who will deceive you with a long gown while claiming holy! People like you get infection on there honeymoon! cheesy MUMU ! #freethinker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Niteezy: 7:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
sirjohnson: OP I do not buy your idea. One should have sex before marriage to understand the sexual chemistry between yourself and to-be spouse. Read this article Here about why one must have sex before marriage and you will agree with me.

Them christian sisters will discover after marriage that the man is impotent because they wouldnt try to taste the forbidden fruit. SMH for some people

Dere is a saying dat an Egyptian Cnt marry a Hebrew. Dere is no way a sister would keep herself pure nd nt end up with d best of men. Dere is no justification 4 fornication nd as 4 dat article or anytin related 2 it, Dats just Satan's way 2 lead people 2 his kingdom. Be wise.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Shankboye(m): 8:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
ProphetUdeme: An again here comes some self acclaimed pastors who go about brainwashing their followers. Chai i feel sorry for some blind christians who obey their pastors more than the bible..
I see some heretics who preach that a child of God can go ahead and have a love relationship and he or she can go ahead and have boyrfriends and girlfriends.. That thier love partners must be a christian and they should abstain from sex but can go ahead and be emotional and even a kiss is not harmful.. Its is a christian dating that is acceptable to God...
My brethren let me tell u.. Satan the devil moves around seeking whom to devour...
If ure a child of God repent from such evil relationship.. Cast away all those emotional demons out of ur mind. Ur body is a holy temple wer the Holy Ghost of God dwells.
There is nothing like christian dating.. Repent from boyfriend and girlfriend things and break off such relationship or else it will lead u to hell.
U might say '' well she is my girlfriend but i promise i wont lust after her not defile her but there is no how u see her u will become weak and before u know it. U will fall into temptation.. There is nothing like christian boyfriend or godly girlfriend.. Break off such things and be set free for in such relationship is wer lust dwells.
If ure grown up and u see a girl u will love to marry then pray to God abt it if its The Father's will then propose to her as a fiancee dont visit her room yet unless u fall prey but be distance wit her and wen its time God says marry her then u will marry her...
Hebrews 13 vs 4 - MARRIAGE IS HONOURABLE IN ALL AND THE BED UNDEFILED BUT WHOREMONGERS AND ADULTERERS GOD SHALL JUDGE.
he that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the people
. Out of everything wey dey happen for dis world , na dating message Bros Jesus see reveal to u.. It's either u are lying or u are just attention seeking mofos... Gtfoh
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by emmyskies(m): 8:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
Voy: I feel u bro, I aint in support of wuh dat dude said buh u see; we human n sinning is a must... We jus av to pray we get saved on d last daym we can live a Christ-like life buh can't keep it 100%, Jesus was perfect buh we aint perfect! We all sinners... So pls take it cool on dat nigga, n yue homie; calm donw o
It is 100% possible that we can be perfect that is why JESUS CHRIST commands us to be perfect -Matt 5:48. The wages of sin is death, every sinner will be cast into lake of fire for eternity. Is it only prayer you will pray? You have your part to play. Strive for perfection, strive to enter heaven from the narrow gate, for many will seek to enter it but will not -Luke 13:24

Whether you accept it or not, there would be no excuse on the last day, every sinner shall die because the wage of sin is death. Do yourself good by striving for perfection in JESUS CHRIST, He will help you and you will be saved

#JESUS loves you, flee from sin at all cost, if your eye or hand or anything cause you to sin, cut it off and cast it away from you, nothing is worth going to hell for eternity for

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by snadguy007(m): 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
handysuzy:
Let me keep shut lest I get reprimanded.
Lolz......nice way of dodging questions tongue
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
Joythah: Purity in Relationships is a beautiful thing. I am indeed blessed to be in one....
But Op, proposing to a sister, keeping your distance and coming back to marry her is the foundation of a bad marriage. It leads faster to hell fire than any known sin to man.
i hope u knw wht mathew5:27-28 said? meanwhile i hope u dnt slf service?cos maggi and crayfish are d same
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by dayosaurus(m): 8:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
emmyskies:
What a question I believe you know that no fornicator nor an adulterer will ever enter the kingdom of GOD

Are you God's P.A?. Or how do you know? undecided
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 8:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
OnyeEgo1: I had this arguement sometyms ago in the past, where christians are telling me u need to knw ur spouse before marriage hence dating in oda words courting, i ask ed a simple question; where was it written??, the only recognisable relationship in the bible is MARRIAGE.

now tell me: if after dating would u know everything about ur spouse. My dear flee from sin
was mary married to joseph?or engaged to marry?b4 the angel came wt dt news?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Vikky014(f): 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

dey where not dating
so dey were married?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Xmen149(m): 8:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
Emotions every were...when you listen all you hear is peoples emotion talking......hmmmm,..WE ARE ALL ADULTRERS AND FUNICATORS...HOW?!!.....hahahaha........."for he who so ever looks at another with lust has already comitted ADULTRY/FURNICATION..(NA BIBLE TALK AM O!)."....PLEASE!,people should teach people "what is" and "what will be"...and shun emotion speaking in us
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by lepasharon(f): 8:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
CFCfan:
That's why MOST Nigerian youths, here in the US, hardly attend Nigerian churches.

Loool..the ones in the UK do cheesy
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by ibietela2(m): 8:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
Niteezy:
Dere is a saying dat an Egyptian Cnt marry a Hebrew. Dere is no way a sister would keep herself pure nd nt end up with d best of men. Dere is no justification 4 fornication nd as 4 dat article or anytin related 2 it, Dats just Satan's way 2 lead people 2 his kingdom. Be wise.

Hahahaha hahahahaha, then divorce later like your pastors?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
To each their own.

No sex yes, but everything else is up to the couple. Everyone has a different threshold of these things before it is sin to them. Some higher than others.
If you feel simply LOOKING at your bf/gf will cause you to have sex with them (talkless of hugging them) then YOU have a problem and you need to work on your self control.

There is nothing wrong in giving my baby a peck, or a kiss on her fore-head.

To the pure, all things are pure.
I am wary of people who come with all these assorted condemnations. Experience has affirmed to me that it just usually means they are trying to run away from themselves for what they do in the dark when no one is looking...

....like the father who was/is a player/cheat but who locks his own daughter in the house because they are afraid their own sins will find them out through their children.

5 Likes

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by rukianz(m): 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
True talk God bless ur speech
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by emmyskies(m): 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
Freest:
Inasmuch as what op said is very true. As we are called to holiness and righteousness, i will humbly add that the kingdom of God isn't in threatening people to repent with hell fire. Thats not what Jesus came for. He came to bring people to God by love. Every sane man and woman knows fornication and adultery is sin. Some are mere addicted to it. Some even wanna stop it but they cant because its already a habit. Instead of condemning them to hell already, we only profer solutions and advice for living above sin. Hell isn't a solution, u just telling dem wat dey already know plus adding another problem. The love of christ s more than hell.
My brother, true, body nor be fire wood, but there is the holy spirit that helps our infirmities. Col3 say, we are dead and our life is hid with christ in God. So we sure can live above fornication. Its all in total submission to the will of the holy spirit.
That is the difference, people don't know the consequence to sin. They feel all is well, they feel comfortable the way they live, that GOD is GOD of love and His love overshadows every of our sin, that's the problem. That's what fake pastors have made their members believe.

See friend, if only you know the level of very high discipline JESUS CHRIST expects of us, how He wants us to be perfect, you too would be asking same question "Who then can be saved"? -Matt 19:25

See, anything short of perfection is grievous, because nothing that defiles will enter heaven -Rev 21:27. Whether people believe or not, accept or not, the soul that sinneth shall die. Most people don't even think about the consequence of committing the most little sin(e.g calling a fellow a fool,looking and lust etc) leads to damnation for ever and ever in lake of fire. I have to point it out to them, it is the truth. The truth is bitter and hard to accept but it must be saith.

Only one thing will condemn multitude on the last day -sin.

They hear JESUS loves them from most preachers, but many fail to tell them the consequence of committing sin, I do that. Afterall, as men, we ought to keep the statutes, laws, commandments and judgements of GOD

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Babyboy1986(m): 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hahahaha if you like ooO.
imoleay0:

Very well. Or will you test my bp?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Joythah(m): 8:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
Vikky014: i hope u knw wht mathew5:27-28 said? meanwhile i hope u dnt slf service?cos maggi and crayfish are d same
what are you driving at? State it clearly
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by emmyskies(m): 8:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
sammily:

I thought you people always say he is a God that forgives? From what you said, if someone have sex b4 marriage, he/she is doomed right?

Nope, he or she ain't doomed. But that's the problem, because they know GOD will forgive them when they ask of His mercy, they abuse His grace and takes His mercies for granted. We need to be highly disciplined because the wage of sin is death, the soul that sinneth shall die. But GOD is merciful, He will forgive but we shouldn't continue in sin that the grace of GOD may abound
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
ibietela2:

That is how you will avoid guys and get old
Hahaha
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hi, Emmyskies. Tried to p.m you but it is not going through.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by emmyskies(m): 9:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
Charlesamino:
So fornicatn & adultery is al dt takes 1 2 hell fire abi? Is dt d only challenge being faced by pple? Soundin as if al i need 2 make heaven is abstainess
No, not only fornication and adultery leads to hell, other sins does but prior to the topic, adultery and fornication do.

Yes, abstainance is what is required of us to make heaven. Because only the pure in heart will see GOD, only those whose garment glow in purity will see JESUS, only those whose name is written in the Book of life will enter heaven.

No fornicator nor adulterer will make heaven. So abstainance is the only standard here. If you can't, then get married and focus on your wife alone

1 Like

Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
Kirinwa, i don't have anything to say to you in that, you don't know me. If you do, you would know that what you are saying is false. Shalom.
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
Sorry I think I lost my way,is there anything like wordly relationships cheesy grin
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by GoodBoi1(m): 9:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
smh... I don't even understand the topic. OP what are you driving at? Are you saying courting is sin?
Re: Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship by emmyskies(m): 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
Chi59: Hi, Emmyskies. Tried to p.m you but it is not going through.
Sorry bout that. You can add me on facebook via: emmyskies@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Apostle Little-David Foc: ‘Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Election’ / Akulga Widows Pray For PDP Candidates In Rivers Over Assembly Rerun / Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.