Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers (68756 Views)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Charlene & Sharon Oyakhilome: Daughters Of Pastor Chris & Anita (Picture) / (pastor Anita Oyakhilome “Birthday Celebration” or Goddess Worship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Seun(m): 1:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
sharpchap: if not why would she accept to stay away from him for so long?
When you're married to money, sometimes you have to accept the unacceptable to secure a bright future for your children. tongue

sharpchap: 16 years is no joke. who has been shining her congo for that amount of time? abi she dey celibate?
I'm pretty sure that she is not a saint, so that is not out of the question. But does she humiliate him by flaunting the congo shiner in public?

sharpchap: any way you cant judge a case where only one party has reported.
There are few PR reasons to remain silent in a case like this: one of them is the knowledge that setting things straight will not help your case.

sharpchap: sometimes the offender can come across as the victim. maybe she did it first and he has found it difficult to forgive her.
She must have done something to offend him, but it's not reasonable to assume it was adultery. Maybe she doesn't treat him as her master!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by dapachez: 1:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
This is a family matter. Its sad it now has to be in public domain but the truth is there are three sides to a story. Let's wait for Pastor Chris side of it cos now we have Anita's side and them say side. I pray God directs them on the way out of this trial and also may no nairalander's marriage tow this route amen
Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Orikinla(m): 1:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
Women like the attention of men too much.
That is why women spend hours in front of the mirror making up and making over just for the attraction and attention of men.
Especially when the man is a fine man.
Your girlfriend and wife don't like sharing your attention.
Pastors must not neglect their wives.
If you know you will not have time to care, love, protect and provide for your wife 24/7, PLEASE DON'T MARRY.
The Holy Bible says you must satisfy your wife.
And if you cannot satisfy a woman, please don't marry her.

10 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Seun(m): 1:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
steadyguy: Why she no leave her pastor position for London and go stay with her husband?
How many pastor wife dey lead branch when the GO dey anodes country? Mstcheww.
Actually, that seems to be a Christ Embassy tradition: https://www.nairaland.com/1890453/christ-embassy-policy-thats-tearing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Ishilove: 1:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
Seun:
Actually, that is a Christ Embassy tradition. Most of his senior pastors and their wives pastor different churches. Pastor Chris believes in that.
I wonder at the rational behind separating couples

2 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by andyanders: 1:50pm On Sep 07, 2014
Seun:
Actually, that is a Christ Embassy tradition. Most of his senior pastors and their wives pastor different churches. Pastor Chris believes in that.

Seun, you are right and I would want to add that by his action, he has encouraged separation hence the end result is divorce.

Body no bi wood. He is acting on his body language. He is enjoying his bad habit.

4 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by datribune: 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
Tymax:
Adultery is a sexuál matter. My brother, with what you just wrote, I hope you don't actaually think/believe that ANY and EVERY INAPPROPRIATE RELATIONSHIP is sexuàl.

In dis context, yes. If a wife suing her husband 4 divorce on grounds of having inappropriate relationships wit other females does not imply adultery kindly giv ur own interpretation.

5 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Jesuspistol(m): 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
Just read this

But this is funny...A woman of God??

No adultery yet and she wants divorce already. What if it was adultery, she could stab the man to death.

I know its not easy for a woman to bear such an humiliation..(Although it may also be that she's just being too unnecessarily demanding of her husband's attention)

Anyway even if d man is guilty, then wat happens to all her counsels to wives and how its possible to win back ur husband by humility and attitude coupled with fervent prayers in trial times and not being in the UK while ur husband is in south Africa.

What happens to the fact that God is totally against divorce as stated in the bible.

What happens to d fact that she could meet her husband's respected fathers in the Lord for counsel if she's overwhelmed.

Abeg this woman does not understand womanhood talk less of knowing the cost of being a pastor's wife. The counsellees of pastors in all churches are majorly women talk less of a church such as christ embassy weh all d women dey dress to kill.

So how she no go know say keeping distance or running from a problem only makes matters worse rather than solving it.

Its obvious she doesn't need God's intervention anymore for her to declare divorce openly. Because as a woman of God, she need not be told that no situation is too hard for God to change but not with this present step of hers.

Besides its civilization that enrights a woman to divorce her husband. The bible makes it clear that a man can ask for divorce only if the woman is caught in the act or accused (with witness) of adultery.

Me I sincerely think no matter how strong a problem is, it must have a solution. Its d solution she needs to find at all cost and not seeking divorce.

Nawar o!
Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by dnawah(m): 2:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
It is now that,i understood the wat is going on.the wife needs a baby boy and the pastor left her in the cold,to worm herself with blankets.in England 4 that matter o!chie!e no good o!there is God o!pastor.
Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by chidooh1: 2:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
I'm not a member of Christ embassy but i think i like pastor Chris. This matter is over exaggerated and remember also that Anita is just faded up and tired as well, but marriage calls for endurance and patience not when your husband doesn't come home you start shouting and telling people.
Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by JEITO: 2:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
Well, we have only heard her own side of the story so we can't draw any conclusions. But one thing I know about humans is that; whenever we report matters, we always state it in the way it will favour us so that we will look like the victim.

I'm sure Pst Chris should know better than have extra-marital intimate affair with another lady. lipsrsealed
Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by ruthmaris(f): 2:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
What does he preach to his SHEEP if he the SHERPERD,can't put his house in order?none of these so called pastors,lives by bible principle,especially principle of marriage,none of them is doing the way Jesus did when He was on earth,all they seek for is Money
and Fame.

2 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by bayulll01(m): 2:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
pathetic Nigerians are so gullible aha,woman what on earth can make u to divorce your husband if not the issues of adultery,pastor chris probably want to save his name,I wont be surprised if he begs and anita accept him back,after all is better and for worst
Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Bobby4090: 2:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
Seun:
That's a Demonic tradition. it was only started some years back by pastor chris to justify pastor Anita's absence and masquerade the whole thing as a church 'tradition'. the whole idea was to stop curious people from asking questions about the abnormality. in the long run it has now back fired on pastor chris because who knows how many other chris embassy pastors this fraudulent and unGodly seperation has ruined their marriage. the church must be there to bind couples together, and not to force a seperation under the name of a strange tradition.

2 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by mbulela: 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
Seun:
I think it's only ungodly if it's a lie. Are you saying that it is a lie?
I don't know and that is whybi will restrict myselfbto the comments made by his wife in a publicly filed divorce suit.
Including comments that are products of gossip are you ngdly unless you have proof.
Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Tymax(m): 2:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
datribune:

In dis context, yes. If a wife suing her husband 4 divorce on grounds of having inappropriate relationships wit other females does not imply adultery kindly giv ur own interpretation.
If adultery was exactly what she meant then there would be no need for this "rejoinder" from the press.

This article actually seeks to dispel the implication of adultery. There is a reason the term "adultery" was not used by her lawyer.

Please do not sensationalize this sad situation. Thank you.
Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by marcyemi(m): 2:26pm On Sep 07, 2014
Bobby4090: The exact facts of the Oyakhilome's divorce case have been stated below. It shows that though Pastor Anita didn't use the word 'adultery', she says her husband keeps 'inappropriate relationships with female members of the church' and that his husband also humiliates her whenever these females are around- 'She feels humiliated by the way he treats her in the presence of his close female staff members'. Facts have emerged at the weekend that the ground on which Pastor Anita Oyakhilome is seeking to divorce her husband, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, the President of Believers’ Love World Inc., popularly known as Christ Embassy, is not adultery but on behaviours that suggest that she cannot ‘reasonably be expected’ to live with him.

There had been media reports that Anita decided to divorce Pastor Chris based on allegations of ‘adultery’ and ‘unreasonable behaviours’ but a copy of the court papers for the divorce process filed at the Principal Registry of the Family Division (PRFD) of the High Court of Justice in possession of THISDAY, revealed that she applied for “divorce on the ground that the marriage has broken down irretrievably.”
In her statement of case in support of petition at PRFD with number FD14001650, Pastor Anita however, accused her husband of having inappropriate relationship with some of his female staff members.

According to the statement, “the wife has discussed with the husband his appropriate relationship with some of his female staff members. She has explained that this has given her cause for concern. The husband has minimised her worries and taken no step to alleviate her grievances.”

In fact, the statement indicated no allegation of adultery as there was no co-respondent to the petition and no names were mentioned.
Dictionary.com defines adultery as “voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not their spouse.”
The statement reads in part: “The wife submits that her marriage to the husband has irretrievably broken down and there is no hope of reconciliation. The wife will submit that it is the husband’s unreasonable behaviours which have led to this.

“The husband and the wife are both Pastors. The husband undertakes his work, in the main, in South Africa and Nigeria. The wife lives in the United Kingdom. The wife will say that they have lived separately for 16 years and over this time have drifted apart. The wife has come to realise that the husband will only visit the UK for annual church programmes that he holds rather than to be with this wife. The wife feels that he has been unavailable as a father to their children during their developing years.

“The wife feels that their marriage suffered under the pressure of their work. They would rarely spend time together due to the husband unavailability. Special occasions such as Christmas, Birthdays and family occasions and anniversaries past them by and their rarely spent any time together as a family as the husband was more devoted to his work than he was to them.

“The wife feels that she has been used to portray and enhance the husband’s image as a family man when the reality is that there is no existing relationship between them. She feels that she has been present for official functions simply for his convenience. On occasions she has been copied into his travel itinerary which has been given to him by his staff on a need to know basis.
“The wife has tried to discuss her concerns with the husband. He claims that she is carnal and he is insensitive to her feelings and her needs.”

“As a result of the husband’s attitude to their marriage, the wife will say that he is virtually not recognised as a married man in the ministry. His teachings and beliefs on marriage is that the husband is a master and a controller and the wife will say that his concept of biblical; submission is so extreme that it is impossible for her to meet his expectations. She feels humiliated by the way he treats her in the presence of his close female staff members and she feels that she has been taken for granted which has become unbearably stressful for her.

“The wife will say that the relationship with the husband is non-existent to the point that his itinerary which was announced publicly at the beginning of the year had no provision for time with his family. His staff members who travel with him organise both his personal and professional life without any input from her. The wife will say that she is treated with disregard almost like akin to an intruder.
“The wife feels that she has been mentally, physically and emotionally deprived of the experience of a marital relationship. She feels that the husband has persistently judged her and his communication with her has been unduly harsh. The wife knows that he was hard to please and has been extremely critical.
“The wife reserves the right to expand on all of these particulars if the divorce petition is defended.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/adultery-not-anita-oyakhilome-s-ground-for-divorce-court-papers-show/188414/

End time tins!!! Live your life alone for Jesus, make Jesus christ your mentor don't be deceive F... Pastors
Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by mbulela: 2:26pm On Sep 07, 2014
Bobby4090: That's a Demonic tradition. it was only started some years back by pastor chris to justify pastor Anita's absence and masquerade the whole thing as a church 'tradition'. the whole idea was to stop curious people from asking questions about the abnormality. in the long run it has now back fired on pastor chris because who knows how many other chris embassy pastors this fraudulent and unGodly seperation has ruined their marriage. the church must be there to bind couples together, and not to force a seperation under the name of a strange tradition.

Truly demonic if true.

3 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by mezebel(f): 2:27pm On Sep 07, 2014
Any church founded and funded by SaTAN like christ embasy is always prone to stories of divorce!!! Am not surprise!!!

1 Like

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by akiOYIBO: 2:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
Oh! Church of Rome. May you live for us and God.
PAPA FRANCISCO may you elastically stretch out to that good news that was canonically and spiritually alienated to you by your predecessors through Jesus Christ......Amen. LONG LIVE ROMANUS CATHOLICA

2 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Akainzo(m): 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
messpero90: Let me make something clear to all in nairaland. "PASTOR ANITA cannot file for divorce in london. Because they got married in NIGERIA, even if she wants to file 4 divorce it must be in Nigeria. I know dat she has a dual citizenship but her father is from Nigeria. "there is something strange abt dis issue bcaus d devil is at work.

The ONLY thing you made clear is your ignorance. Please learn more; read more and widely to ensure you increase your knowledge.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by tdept: 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
Oduduwaboy: Pastor Chris, why would you humiliate your wife before your female church members na? That's so unfair...Did you ever hear the saying ' Hell has no fury like a woman spurned?' Even this unbelieving me never belittles my woman before other females; its a no, no! Pastor Chris , you need to repent with hot tears before your god. I can also not understand how some female members of your church still support you over your wife, a member of their gender? Well, i think you have brainwashed them well and hard; and maybe some of them are hoping it will soon be their turn in bed with you at the white house. Pastor Chris, what more can i say? just keep enjoying jare.
guy watch ur tongue on the man of God....hmmnn
Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Sweetlemon(f): 2:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
Nigerians will always be Nigerians and comment on what they know nothing about.

1. Yes, it is very possible Pastor Chris has other women but have you asked why? (Abegi don't give me that self-control nonsense. He's a man!)
2. Whose idea was it they should live in different countries?
3. What is really the root cause of the issues? Who started doing or saying what? Why? When?

When we have answers to these questions (from no other people but the couple themselves of course!) call me to come and comment.
Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by okzcorp: 2:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
cococandy: I'm pisces. I know about soft,emotional and good hearted. I don't know about easily manipulated. So I think it's wrong to judge someone by their birthday.

When you are soft, emotional and good hearted, which other tool is remaining or is required of u to possess before a MANIPULATION can take place.
You havnt met a Manipulator or been Manipulated before.
Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by akiOYIBO: 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
I sincerely admire the civilised and moderated manner in which words were handled by Anita. At least, it gives Chris another ball to play on his court.

2 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Bobby4090: 2:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
mezebel: Any church founded and funded by SaTAN like christ embasy is always prone to stories of divorce!!! Am not surprise!!!
They are prone to divorce because of their strange and demonic tradition of seperating and posting married couples to different branches. This was only started some years back by pastor chris to justify pastor Anita's absence and masquerade the whole thing as a church 'tradition'. the whole idea was to stop curious people from asking questions about the abnormality. in the long run it has now back fired on pastor chris because who knows how many other chris embassy pastors and members this fraudulent and unGodly seperation has ruined their marriage. the church must be there to bind couples together, and not to force a seperation under the name of a strange tradition.

1 Like

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by MrDoGood(m): 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
Tallesty1: Don't judge him yet. The woman complained of living separately, saying that the only time they stay together as a family is when he comes to UK. But did you see where she said that she wanted to join him in Nigeria or S.Africa and he refused? I'm still searching for something like that.

They need our prayers not judgement.

people judge so easily.
all he needs at this point is to pray for wisdom.
even Jesus had to leave his brothers and sisters
father and mother to do God's work
let alone an ordinary man.
Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Bobby4090: 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
akiOYIBO: I sincerely admire the civilized and moderated manner in which words were handled by Anita. At least, it gives Chris another ball to play on his court.
She is civilized but actually wasted time in getting rid of him. How could she have endured 16 years of silent pains,and how could their daughters have grown up without a father figure to oversee their life. what manner of wickedness is this. means the daughters don't even know their father because the woman virtually raised them up from when they were toddlers while the man was busy frolicking with Sinach and other unclad single girls in the church. Left for me, i would have called a spade a spade and filed this divorce within 2 or 3 years

2 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Seun(m): 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
Sweetlemon: Nigerians will always be Nigerians and comment on what they know nothing about.

1. Yes, it is very possible Pastor Chris has other women but have you asked why? (Abegi don't give me that self-control nonsense. He's a man!)
2. Whose idea was it they should live in different countries?
3. What is really the root cause of the issues? Who started doing or saying what? Why? When?

When we have answers to these questions (from no other people but the couple themselves of course!) call me to come and comment.
In your mind you have contributed to the discussion. You have shown that you are smarter (or more arrogant) than the rest of us. Clap clap!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by cococandy(f): 2:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
aisha2:

Maybe the tsunami carried the post where the report was.
I remember quoting 1 st Timothy then when his members were trying to justify their living separately. The report had it that after several appeals she came down to nigeria insisting on staying and he left the house for her she had to go back. She also appealed to the elders there to intervene they did and he talked his way out of it.
Wow. Then she's really tried. How many years of such a life style is not joke.
He must be used to having his way.
Serves him right I say.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 Sweet Things That Keep Sending Many Men To Their Early Graves / How A Mammi Water Almost Ruined A UNILAG Student / Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.