Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John (80182 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Special Thanks To Sir John, Enigma, Kunleoshob And Nuclearboy May God Bless U!! / The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by jared007: 10:42am On Sep 15, 2014
daverebranded: not gonna say anything baud this man but when one CE guy told my junior sis that he can commit fornication with her and still make heaven coz he's a child of God mehn I can never go there to hear messages that will make me reason this way
Story up there could be fabricated by u. But just incase dat guy really said it, then he must be among the evil tares(the judas) planted amongst d good crops by satan(which some of u haters are guilty of) to try and twist Pastors messages and Gods word to commit sin. REMEMBER, WE DON'T MIX SIN AND RIGHTEOUSNESS TOGETHER!

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
Bro Gombs,

Thank you o. I shared the same things you just did on some other thread and it was like what I quoted wasn't from scripture. I am happy you are showing it to them. I have more respect for him than his friend as he sometimes discusses the scriptures. His Pal will see scriptures and runaway or isolate a miniscule aspect of your post and feign peity yet he will be starting threads and calling people's father's and husband's "Charlatans and evil".

Sometimes I wonder what they think they know if the knowledge of these scriptures is above them. It reminds me of when Jesus spoke to Nicodemus and had to ask him "Are you the leader of Israel yet you don't know all these things?".

We just have to pray like Paul that the eyes of their understanding will be enlightened so that they may know the hope of our calling and the riches of our inheritance in Christ even as he takes form in them and dwells in their heart by faith-as it is clear that it is not so as we speak. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by lizfab(f): 12:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
betterpikinn: God bless sirjohn
Amen and WinsomeX too.
What a thread.

4 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by trustman: 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
Gombs:

Can you explain 1 John 4:17 for me? Why did Jesus say we shall do greater things than He did? Why did the Bible call him the first begotten of the father after His resurrection Rev 1:5, for He was termed as the ONLY begotten of the Father before His death as in John 1:14

If He's the first begotten, shey it means there are many others after Him, no?

Let's not lose focus on the main issue - Jesus HAD THE INHERENT ABILITY TO HEAL anyone WITHOUT first teaching.  

1 John 4: 17 is simply telling us that Christians represent Christ here on earth. How? As part of our ambassadorship. 
Christ is the first begotten. And we? 1 John 3: 2&3: "2 Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.
3 And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.

We are and will always be accepted IN BELOVED. We don't stand on our own merits. 

Again to get back; Jesus Christ is UNIQUE - remember the Israelites shama -  'Hear oh Israel' ? It was a pointer to this uniqueness of Jesus. 

His ministry, including his healings, was unique therefore for any man to EQUATE himself with Jesus is blasphemous. 

That is why I stated that it was impossible for it (his power to do miracles) to be lessened because of unbelief or lack of faith. When he chose not to do miracles it was an act of his will. Jesus was in a class of his own.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Atk1nson(m): 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
kjhova:

I drove my younger sister to Healing School daily for 2 months back in 2001 when they were still at the old site in Oregun (just behind Alausa). She is wheelchair bound due to polio attack.....

For full disclosure, I am a grown up atheist & have been so for a long time. But back then, I did retain the hope that CE Healing School would prove me wrong & that my folks would be right after all. Well, I wasn't proved wrong.
hope u didn't assume ur religious orientation as a result of CE. Even the devil can perform 'miracles' and profess to be an angel, so a man of God is not know through 'miracles', 'prophesy' and co. Matthew 7:21-23
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 1:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
lizfab:
Amen and WinsomeX too.
What a thread.

Thank you.

At least some people still have eyes to see, despite the wool of deception being pulled over our eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
mbaemeka: Bro Gombs,

Thank you o. I shared the same things you just did on some other thread and it was like what I quoted wasn't from scripture. I am happy you are showing it to them. I have more respect for him than his friend as he sometimes discusses the scriptures. His Pal will see scriptures and runaway or isolate a miniscule aspect of your post and feign peity yet he will be starting threads and calling people's father's and husband's "Charlatans and evil".

Sometimes I wonder what they think they know if the knowledge of these scriptures is above them. It reminds me of when Jesus spoke to Nicodemus and had to ask him "Are you the leader of Israel yet you don't know all these things?".

We just have to pray like Paul that the eyes of their understanding will be enlightened so that they may know the hope of our calling and the riches of our inheritance in Christ even as he takes form in them and dwells in their heart by faith-as it is clear that it is not so as we speak. Amen.

Exactly! It's just prayers o. I naturally would have ignored a lot of threads on NL, but I can't, God’s Spirit let me know that I have to be here. If not for the presence of a select few on NL, imagine the gospel and theory DB, et al write here and the very many who'd have been in the bondage of religion.

One thing I thank God for is the ministry I found myself in, plus the education I got... They've termed me brainwashed, gullible and such, but I'm not perturbed, neither am I moved by their addresses online, the real world is outside, where souls languish, and we give them light, by that alone I know many folks who try to nail Churches and Pastors don't have any idea of spiritual discipline and authority...but if DB thinks by his threads on NL he'd pull down CEC, he should have a rethink, the media failed at it years back and are now, you can’t block the sun with one finger, neither a moving train with ropes.

I saw a thread about bashing T.B Joshua and I smiled, why? If only they knew the implications. I pray they know the hope of our calling as Christians and know it is a terrible thing to fall on the Rock or when the rock falls on them.

But in a great house (Church of God) there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work (2 Timothy 2:20-21)

As it can be seen there’re different qualities of vessels in God’s house: vessels of silver and gold, and vessels of wood and of earth. Being born again, we’re all vessels in the house of God, made for honouring Him. Some however, decide to be clay and wood unto dishonour of the body of Christ. Sadly, they don't know an insult to the body is an insult to the Head.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by SirJohn(m): 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
@mbaemeka,
I have been trying to PM you for a while now. You seem to know about CE ojo and I'd appreciate if you respond to my PM.
there are things I don't want to say on the forum as they may involve some names.
Kindly oblige my request.
Regards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by christemmbassey(m): 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
SirJohn: @mbaemeka,
I have been trying to PM you for a while now. You seem to know about CE ojo and I'd appreciate if you respond to my PM.
there are things I don't want to say on the forum as they may involve some names.
Regards
that will be very unfair and irresponsibl. Pls you can say the truth and nt mention names here. Thanks.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2014
[quote author=trustman]

Let's not lose focus on the main issue - Jesus HAD THE INHERENT ABILITY TO HEAL anyone WITHOUT first teaching.  

I have healed folks with out teaching, why, because they believed I could, simple. Just because you haven't wrought the supernatural don't mean it is impossible or not true

1 John 4: 17 is simply telling us that Christians represent Christ here on earth. How? As part of our ambassadorship. 

lipsrsealed
We are exactly as He is Not was... all He did we can do, even more

Christ is the first begotten. And we? 1 John 3: 2&3: "2 Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.
3 And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.

We are and will always be accepted IN BELOVED. We don't stand on our own merits. 

Again to get back; Jesus Christ is UNIQUE - remember the Israelites shama -  'Hear oh Israel' ? It was a pointer to this uniqueness of Jesus. 

Bro, if you can't explain why He was once THE ONLY BEGOTTEN of the father before His death, then after resurrection He became THE FIRST BEGOTTEN of the Father... I can understand, thank you.

His ministry, including his healings, [size=20pt]was unique [/size]therefore for any man to EQUATE himself with Jesus is blasphemous. 

What made it unique? Shey His Holy Spirit was and is different from ours, abi? Is it not the same Spirit that raised Him from the dead that dwells in our bodies? Was it not the same Holy Spirit that did those great works in Jesus that's in us today? Is it not the fullness of the Godhead that dwells in us bodily? Or maybe that same spirit in Jesus is on sabbatical and the lower version in us. undecided

Please, what makes Jesus' miracles unique than today's? Why did He then say we shall do greater works than He did if we believe?

That is why I stated that it was impossible for it (his power to do miracles) to be lessened because of unbelief or lack of faith. When he chose not to do miracles it was an act of his will. Jesus was in a class of his own. 

What class?
Put this in perspective
[NLT] John 17:22 “I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one.

4 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 1:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
SirJohn: @mbaemeka,
Regards

I have been seeing the notifications each time I Log in. I would respectfully decline your request for two reasons.

1. I am led to.
2. I don't have access to email address that I used to register with this account.

If you notice any "perceived" ills in the church of Christ as a whole I beseech you to write your grievances to the constituted authority even as you supplement it with prayers of intercession as is the custom of a child of God. I for one, do not partake with workers of dissension nor do I entertain them in any form for I do not want to be part of any man's sin and therefore curses.

My humble submission. Hope you understand.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
christemmbassey: that will be very unfair and irresponsibl. Pls you can say the truth and nt mention names here. Thanks.

Sir,

Permit me to disagree with.

You can get to a point in your association with people that if you truly love them and want to help them you go an extra mile.

The individual being offered this invitation is one of the most stringent defender of the Oyakhilome legacy on this forum. Nevertheless, a careful observation of his posts and others like himself show that they are more concerned with playing to the gallery and enjoying the applause of men than knowing or acknowledging the truth.

If you truly need to help such individuals, you attend to them in private, where there is no stage to act.

This is what I suspect SirJohn wishes to do and there is nothing unfair or irresponsible about it. I sure do hope he accepts the invitation except he has something he is afraid to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
Viewing this topic: WinsomeX, tracysparkle, perpetualekpe(f), Gombs(m), LambanoPeace, AlfaSelltzer, [size=20pt]Seun[/size](m) and 6 guest(s)

Egbon! I'm loyal. I dey hail o. grin
Though I can't still understand why a 6 years old thread was taken to the front page, to serve what purpose? undecided anyway, I could understand it's Chris Oyakhilome season, but T. B. Joshua's? undecided undecided
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
Gombs: Viewing this topic: WinsomeX, tracysparkle, perpetualekpe(f), Gombs(m), LambanoPeace, AlfaSelltzer, [size=20pt]Seun[/size](m) and 6 guest(s)

Though I can't still understand why a 6 years old thread was taken to the front page, to serve what purpose? undecided anyway, I could understand it's Chris Oyakhilome season, but T. B. Joshua's? undecided undecided
Seun: donclark: We do bring old threads to the home page from time to time, if they are relevant and if they have never made the home page. We clearly mark them as old threads by appending the year of creation to the home page title e.g. "The Truth About CEC Healing School (2008)". As for the claim that people want to bring him down, whether that's "good" or "bad" depends on whether the charges against him are true or not. We're primarily interested in uncovering the truth about these allegations through a thorough discussion of the facts by Nairalanders.

www.nairaland.com/193649/truth-christ-embassy-healing-school/59
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Aura2(f): 2:11pm On Sep 15, 2014
@ Op, you fell for the pastor, so what are we supposed to do?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
^^
Bobo, can you help me with the link to this response? Thanks

"Thorough discussion of facts by Nairalanders?" Seems someone is loving the traffic! Ok, I agree, what of T. B. Joshua? undecided
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjFlumZ_Um4

Never cringed this much in my entire life. The gospel of God and the body of Christ brought to the lowest and miry decadence by religious gladiators in Nigeria. The entire church movement in Nigeria seem to draw a semblance with the political system in the country.

This guy describes Gombs and mba emeka as though he lives with them.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
shdemidemi:

Never cringed this much in my entire life. The gospel of God and the body of Christ brought to the lowest and miry decadence by religious gladiators in Nigeria. The entire church movement in Nigeria seem to draw a semblance with the political system in the country.

This guy describes Gombs and mba emeka as though he lives with them.

thanks for the laugh.. 23 mins video of a dude who aint even in CEC, why link me to him na?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by SirJohn(m): 3:46pm On Sep 15, 2014
mbaemeka:

I have been seeing the notifications each time I Log in. I would respectfully decline your request for two reasons.

1. I am led to.
2. I don't have access to email address that I used to register with this account.

If you notice any "perceived" ills in the church of Christ as a whole I beseech you to write your grievances to the constituted authority even as you supplement it with prayers of intercession as is the custom of a child of God. I for one, do not partake with workers of dissension nor do I entertain them in any form for I do not want to be part of any man's sin and therefore curses.

My humble submission. Hope you understand.

Cheers.

Its a free world Bro, no hard feelings...
I had so many things to say at some point last week after you tried unsuccessfully to make me a liar. It was very obvious you were carried away and didn't read my write up objectively, instead you resorted to cherry picking and splitting hairs to make your point but it obviously didn't work.
I was glad when you mentioned that you were at CE Ojo when I wrote that post, I had waited for you to make your calls to verify as you said you would. But then I again I'm wondering how come you didn't know me yourself if you really were in CE Ojo at that time undecided
Yes I was the secretary of Haven 1, I was also a lecturer at the foundation school of CE Ojo (A school I passed through as the best graduating student in my time), I was a cell leader in the Haven and part of the first contact (follow up) team

I have had several off forum conversation over the years with some of your brethren here including Joagbaje, I was hoping we'd relate at that level too. We may not agree on everything but it doesn't make us enemies. For the sake of being gentlemanly, I wont say some of the things I and Joagbaje have discussed off this forum on phone and through emails.

The things I wrote were exactly what I saw, fast-forward six years later, I have not seen any reason to retract my words. The leadership of the ministry had the opportunity to explain but they failed to do so; I had a one on one with Pst. Sola Olubode in his office back then, this was after I had written a letter. I showed him hard evidence and told him all I wanted was an explanation, he was so infuriated to the point of banging on his table and even said I was dabbling into things greater than myself.

I'm sure you know Deacon Demo (I understand he's now a pastor) he is one of the few men that lent an ear and even told me things that I wish not to state here for his sake alone. if and when the situation permits, I will name people you are most likely familiar with so you can verify anything I say.

Its not easy being on my side of the tide you know, I have had my FB and email accounts hacked severally and unsolicited emails and CE correspondence sent to me without request. I have also received strange emails from people claiming to have seen my email address on NL, yet those emails were my very private emails that have not been shared on this forum. I have nothing to fear or hide, if I said anything which is not what I saw then let God be judge.

Thank You!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Seun(m): 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
shdemidemi:
This guy's account of the "Oregun Land Wars" was extremely entertaining. I want more. Where can I get more? grin
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
Seun: This guy's account of the "Oregun Land Wars" was extremely entertaining. I want more. Where can I get more? grin

lol...I happen to run into it by coincidence as well.

It certainly depict a real picture of who these men are and why they are in the 'church business'. Self serving men who God never seize to speak to on saturday nights grin (the guy got jokes as well).

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Kenny4lyfe(m): 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
Gombs: Viewing this topic: WinsomeX, tracysparkle, perpetualekpe(f), Gombs(m), LambanoPeace, AlfaSelltzer, [size=20pt]Seun[/size](m) and 6 guest(s)

Seconded! Egbon Seun, eh be like say na Chris Oyakhilome dey drive traffic now oh! But why resurrect a six year old thread?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by PastorKun(m): 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
Kenny4lyfe:

Seconded! Egbon Seun, eh be like say na Chris Oyakhilome dey drive traffic now oh! But why resurrect a six year old thread?

Because the truths exposed in the thread are still very relevant six years down the line. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
I guess I am done here! May God's Spirit rest on you all, Amen

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Candour(m): 7:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
SirJohn:
Its a free world Bro, no hard feelings...
I had so many things to say at some point last week after you tried unsuccessfully to make me a liar. It was very obvious you were carried away and didn't read my write up objectively, instead you resorted to cherry picking and splitting hairs to make your point but it obviously didn't work.
I was glad when you mentioned that you were at CE Ojo when I wrote that post, I had waited for you to make your calls to verify as you said you would. But then I again I'm wondering how come you didn't know me yourself if you really were in CE Ojo at that time undecided
Yes I was the secretary of Haven 1, I was also a lecturer at the foundation school of CE Ojo (A school I passed through as the best graduating student in my time), I was a cell leader in the Haven and part of the first contact (follow up) team
I have had several off forum conversation over the years with some of your brethren here including Joagbaje, I was hoping we'd relate at that level too. We may not agree on everything but it doesn't make us enemies. For the sake of being gentlemanly, I wont say some of the things I and Joagbaje have discussed off this forum on phone and through emails.
The things I wrote were exactly what I saw, fast-forward six years later, I have not seen any reason to retract my words. The leadership of the ministry had the opportunity to explain but they failed to do so; I had a one on one with Pst. Sola Olubode in his office back then, this was after I had written a letter. I showed him hard evidence and told him all I wanted was an explanation, he was so infuriated to the point of banging on his table and even said I was dabbling into things greater than myself.
I'm sure you know Deacon Demo (I understand he's now a pastor) he is one of the few men that lent an ear and even told me things that I wish not to state here for his sake alone. if and when the situation permits, I will name people you are most likely familiar with so you can verify anything I say.
Its not easy being on my side of the tide you know, I have had my FB and email accounts hacked severally and unsolicited emails and CE correspondence sent to me without request. I have also received strange emails from people claiming to have seen my email address on NL, yet those emails were my very private emails that have not been shared on this forum. I have nothing to fear or hide, if I said anything which is not what I saw then let God be judge.
Thank You!

Hmmm...

SirJohn, you amaze me every time. How do you keep your cool in the face of the attacks your story generate? How do you stay strong and unwavering in your belief about what you saw? I've read countless literature about how Martin Luther stood alone on the truth against the might of the papacy and every ruling house in Europe who felt threatened by the can of worms he exposed and I can say you've probably faced a little of what he went through. I might have been cowed by the enormity of what you've had to face if I was in your shoes (no joke).

Any one who thinks you cooked this story has the chance to call you out on the 'alleged lies' based on this post but of course non of your traducers dare take the gauntlet; they've failed and avoided it for the past six years. I pray God almighty continue to protect you as he has done since the day your story broke. You're the epitome of a cool, calm and collected guy and i pray God gives you more grace to carry on. I hope we'll have an opportunity to meet physically soonest.

I had decided not to post on this thread because I was angry with DrummaBoy for opening you up to probable ridicule and verbal abuse with this thread which of course came in torrents but while your traducers raved and ranted without substance, you remained sane and calm. Why then should I be angry when the recipient of the attacks remained unfazed? The truth truly liberates, sets free and puts mind at rest. You are a proof of this assertion.

God continue to bless and increase you manifold and keep you safe in the palm of his hands.

5 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by christemmbassey(m): 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
Candour:

Hmmm...

SirJohn, you amaze me every time. How do you keep your cool in the face of the attacks your story generate? How do you stay strong and unwavering in your belief about what you saw? I've read countless literature about how Martin Luther stood alone on the truth against the might of the papacy and every ruling house in Europe who felt threatened by the can of worms he exposed and I can say you've probably faced a little of what he went through. I might have been cowed by the enormity of what you've had to face if I was in your shoes (no joke).

Any one who thinks you cooked this story has the chance to call you out on the 'alleged lies' based on this post but of course non of your traducers dare take the gauntlet; they've failed and avoided it for the past six years. I pray God almighty continue to protect you as he has done since the day your story broke. You're the epitome of a cool, calm and collected guy and i pray God gives you more grace to carry on. I hope we'll have an opportunity to meet physically soonest.

I had decided not to post on this thread because I was angry with DrummaBoy for opening you up to probable ridicule and verbal abuse with this thread which of course came in torrents but while your traducers raved and ranted without substance, you remained sane and calm. Why then should I be angry when the recipient of the attacks remained unfazed? The truth truly liberates, sets free and puts mind at rest. You are a proof of this assertion.

God continue to bless and increase you manifold and keep you safe in the palm of his hands.

my erudite oga , i dey hail o!
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Candour(m): 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
christemmbassey: my erudite oga , i dey hail o!

My bro, I dey hail too abeg. No mind me jare. How are the twins? I go call you tommorow make I hear their voice.

Cheers
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by trustman: 8:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
mbaemeka:

Could in English expresses ability. If the scripture says Jesus could do no mighty works, it simply means his ability was limited in that regard and the next verse clearly shows why- the "Unbelief" of the people in Nazareth (his hometown) marvelled him. The scriptures didn't say Jesus didn't do or wouldn't do (which would have meant his willingness) it said he couldn't do. Stop arguing with the scriptures. That's unbelief.

His remedy to the Unbelief was to begin teaching them.

That's the order again- 1) Teaching 2) Preaching 3)Healing.

The changing of water to wine is described as a sign and not a healing miracle and there is a difference. If you study them you would see it. So let us not convolute them again.

I know a lot of you that say some of these things don't really understand Jesus or what he stood for. Jesus functioned on earth as a man even though he was the son of God and therefore God himself. Everything Jesus did he did as a man. He had to grow his faith; learn patience; be subject to temptation; be taught; be baptized etc. If he by-passed all these steps his title as "Son of Man" would have been flawed. Satan would have been right in claiming that God cheated because like Adam, Jesus had to be a "mere" man to face and then defeat satan.

The bible says Jesus did no sin and not that he could not sin. Even though he didn't have a sin nature, he could still sin if he succumbed to the temptation of the devil.

Jesus was made perfect through his challenges. He wasn't made perfect by birth or inheritance. He had to become perfect even though he was in reality God. That's why Paul said he was humble. He let himself grow his faith like a man; get hungry like a man; even die like a man- yet he was God.

If you study the quality of his miracles from when his ministry commenced to when he died- the miracles kept improving. God by the Holy Spirit was increasing the quality of the miracles for him. That's suggestive of a growing faith. Jairus' daughter had just died, the widow of Nain's son had died hours before, Lazarus had died for days, then Jesus raised himself.

So have all these in perspective when you talk about the "man" Jesus.

If he changed his mind about the ministry in May as documented and declared by his post's he cannot at the same point be talking about how dumb people would be to suggest that the people that got healed were paid to act that way and then later claim he made up his mind 6 months later when he visited the HS only once 6 months before. Even at that he didn't take his own advice to investigate any person including the "big names" that got healed there and are still healed ATM.

Feel free to make it add up to yourself. Nobody can fool me with such inconsistencies.

Other people said Jesus was deceiving the people. They also accused him of using demonic powers. Not everyone accepted that Jesus was from God. They accused Paul too of being the same. The scriptures don't lie only humans do.

Prove it from scripture.

I have been quoting the NT and I have more to quote. You haven't answered a single question neither have you posted a single scripture. I am being kind to you because you sometimes attempt to discuss the scriptures. Show us what you believe from scripture. That's a good way to start.

Note what I said: at the time Jesus started his public ministry HE WAS FULLY prepared for it. Recall that at the age of 12 he already matched the religious leaders of the day with his knowledge and understanding of scripture. Luke 2: 42 – 47: “And when he was twelve years old, they went up according to custom. And when the feast was ended, as they were returning, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem. His parents did not know it, but supposing him to be in the group they went a day’s journey, but then they began to search for him among their relatives and acquaintances, and when they did not find him, they returned to Jerusalem, searching for him. After three days they found him in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. And all who heard him were amazed at his understanding and his answers.” Note what he was able to do at age 12 and imagine what he would have become at the start of his ministry.

The fact that he DID NOT POSSESS the sin nature meant amongst other things that his physical as well as mental and other capacities were untainted in any way.

So I reiterate: Jesus was in a class of his own. Therefore HE DID NOT NEED TO GROW HIS FAITH in order to see that his miracles keep improving.

Note also that before this incident here at Nazareth he had healed various diseases including demon possession. So there is no basis to claim that the quality of his miracle kept IMPROVING or that, like you claim, as a result “That’s suggestive of a growing faith”. That would be your own interpretation of the events.

If by ‘quality’ you mean the degree of excellence, then the issue would be to first rank miracles in order of difficulty and then begin to see if Jesus did the easiest ones earlier in his ministry and then progressively did the harder ones. I see no basis for this in scripture.

Did Jesus’ non-performance of much miracle at Nazareth stem from his response to their lack of faith in him to perform miracles or rejection of him as the Messiah? I think the more obvious answer is the latter.

Jesus’ miracles were not formally arranged. It did not take those healed days or weeks to be healed as a result of their needing to increase their faith to be healed. There is no record that anyone he healed came back to say he ‘lost’ his healing for any reason.

3 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 9:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
SirJohn:

So let us assume that there is some verisimilitude to your claims. That you were a secretary to the HAVEN; a foundation school graduate and teacher per excellence, the greatest giver in the ministry, one who people could tell within 10 minutes that you were a disciple of Pastor Chris and a member of CEC- one who once walked in the power and slayed people at will. Let us assume it.

Let us also assume that you went to the Healing school with an invalid, that you saw how stage-managed the miracles were, how the Pastors and Partners were being hoodwinked by Pastor Chris and his camera men, and the deceptions and lies. Let us for a second consider the possibility that you are right.

It still doesn't explain why Pastor Chris has been able to deceive some of the biggest names who testify that they went there and got healed and are still alive today. It still doesn't explain the testimonies of many others who have come in contact with Pastor Chris and got healed. It does not checkmate the testimonies of those who graced your thread in 2008 to proffer alternate views to yours neither does it gainsay the testimony of my friend- the one who heard his case being called out on TV to almost mirror-like accuracy by the Man of God. It does not explain why people still throng the Healing school in South Africa as well as the one in Canada. That's one aspect.

I made references to miracles I experienced while in CE Ojo by the Resident Pastor. I even went as far as telling you that the recipient of one of the healings never went out to testify and he is still Asthma free as we speak. How do I explain such a "scam" using your thesis? How do I explain the scam of my interaction with a woman while I worked as an official during the Higher life Conference in PHC 2008 where the lady acted recalcitrant while she was trying to purchase a book for lower than the stipulated price. The same lady refused to sit where she was asked to and I watched her making phone calls virtually all through the happenings on the day but when the Man of God, Pastor Chris began to pray that same lady began to manifest by striking herself repeatedly on the floor and jerking uncontrollably. Then after the programme the lady came to apologize to me (I was the Usher on that Aisle) and if you had looked at her you could tell that something different had happened to her. How do you explain it to me?

Let me even concentrate on your story. As a follow-up team leader you never prayed for anyone and saw them get well, you never heard God minister to you, you didn't speak in tongues and none of the gifts of the spirit functioned in you and vice versa or what? Ok, so you saw the scam in 2 weeks but suffered on for another 2 weeks. Then you carried out your research in 6 months and came up with: All healings are fake (not just the one's in the Healing school), all Pastors you believed in are fake and we would never see miracles again in this day and age. So the one's that happened when you prayed for people they were what or you never saw results when you prayed?

So the pictures you got from the Healing school website to which you gave your own interpretations to are the hard-evidences you got or did you take your own cameras to provide us with your own? Did you investigate the people that got healed and you could prove that they were actors? Do you have the proofs so we too can subject them to our own investigations if they exist? If your story is true will you need to falsify instances and prevaricate the one's you didn't even see? For example, you claimed that "all the HIV positive people were sent to a particular Hospital in Randberg where they were sure to get a new Negative result" and you said Kenya28 provided you with such information. Yet her post's at the time clearly show that the Hospital she went to had Nurses (the one's that helped test her) that expressed their hatred for Pastor Chris, so why did you taint it and claim otherwise or are you saying that the nurses averring that they 'hate him' was also part of their act? You also said you made up your mind "several months back [before November]" and later, retrospectively said that you did your research in 6 months and then came up with your findings. So when was it: when did you really leave, as the answer to that can explain how you made your research?

I mean you no disrespect but you are sounding like an obsessed fan that was jilted by your celebrity crush. If you left CEC in 2008 because of the sham in the Healing school and you have told your story why not give it a rest? Why do you still monitor the ministry's activities even more than those that are still there close to 6 years after (If we assume you left November)? Why does the mention of Pastor Chris or CE cause you sleepless nights? If the ministry is as demonic or fake as you say why not go to the one you feel more ahome in or better still start your own? Why are you still looking for reasons to retract your claims if you are already cork-sure about them?

As per your "Hacked accounts and unsolicited CE correspondence" it's mind-boggling to know which untrained CE brethren will do that (If at all the story is true). It is unlike us. Jesus said the kingdom of God is like a man who went fishing and when he cast his net into the sea he caught all types of fish. As he brought them to the dock he began to pick the one's that weren't good and then he tossed them back into the sea. I know a brother a while back that told me he was leaving CEC because of all the immorality that he was seeing and that God told him to leave. 2 years followed and he got 2 different women pregnant even as he lost his job. He thought he left CE because of the immorality he was "seeing" but unbeknownst to him, God was purging him from the church for the very same fact- He was the immorality in the church.

You said no hard feelings? I say no feelings at all.

Cheers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by LambanoPeace: 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
^^^
Doesn't still explain how a scam and fraudster like Pastor Chris was able to raise seasoned singers like Sinach, Joe Praise, Frank Edwards, Eben, Samsong, Buchi, Chris Shalom, Ikiri Lawrence, Ada, Jahdiel etc...

God will judge sha. Kudos bro, hold thy peace.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (38) (Reply)

Meet Gbenga Alalade, Architect Behind Living Faith Ark (Photos) / Picture Of A Nairalander Heading For Church To Praise Her Creator / "Prophet Joshua Iginla Shared Nudes With Stella" - Wife, Yemisi Iginla (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.