Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John (80181 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Special Thanks To Sir John, Enigma, Kunleoshob And Nuclearboy May God Bless U!! / The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by trustman: 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
mbaemeka

In typical Trustman style you keep recycling the same issues and giving your own interpretations of my statements then giving your purported "correct" interpretations regardless of how ridden with contradictions they are. For instance, I have maintained all through that Jesus (the man) was unique in that he had a SINLESS SPIRIT and SINLESS BLOOD but his FLESH was a sinful one and therefore subject to the temptations of sin.

It has been said that repetition makes for better understanding. So bear with me. Maybe repetitions will make my points clearer to you .

When you said about Jesus that
“his flesh was a sinful one” you just directly claim that he was not qualified to be our sin-bearer. This is absolutely INCORRECT. The reason why he was born without the involvement of any male in the first place was to ENSURE that his flesh will have no sin. Adam’s sin, which is the basis of our sin nature or ‘flesh’ as some portions of scripture put it, had no place in the humanity of Jesus. He was born PERFECT just as Adam was created perfect and without sin. As a physical human being he would experience all that ‘flesh’ would experience and the things that will normally affect ‘flesh’. He was also subject to temptation. Quickly note here that even creatures without ‘flesh’ (angels) were also subject to temptation. If his flesh was a sinful one he could not be said to be the lamb without blemish. Recall that in the OT the animals for sacrifices had to be without any defect.

I also told you repeatedly that the miracles he wrought were not as a result of his blood or spirit but they were as a result of the HOLY SPIRIT that was within him (his sinful/ mortal flesh). For this very fact any man that is born into this world with a mortal flesh like Jesus will be able to do the same miracles he did if he has the HOLY SPIRIT within like Jesus did. It doesn't matter how much you say SINFUL NATURE in relation to mankind or in contrast with Jesus. SINFUL NATURE refers to the SPIRIT of the unregenerate man and not his FLESH. When a man becomes Born again he receives a NEW NATURE that is now SINLESS like Jesus' and he receives the HOLY SPIRIT that enables the miracles to happen so men have as much claim to the miraculous and Jesus said so belaboredly.

When a man is born again the divine ‘surgery’ takes place in his inside, not the flesh. If our new nature, like you said, is now sinless then there would be no need for the several instructions in the NT to stay away from sin, to confess sin, to put off the ‘old man’ and several others. Apostle Paul documents this in the book of Romans and elsewhere. Putting all that here will extend this presentation.

That Jesus forgave sin isn't anything to behold his Deity from. I told you he made claims to his deity without FUNCTIONING as deity. Jesus said he forgave sins to show that the SON OF MAN could forgive sins and not that GOD could forgive sins (which everyone knows including Pharisees). Jesus also gave us the right to forgive any man's sins just like he did. It is not a big deal. Stop cherry-picking words in a style that doesn't show scriptural maturity. When Jesus died and resurrected he became the one to REMOVE sins and not just forgive sins which any christian can do. This clearly shows the world of class between the man and the GOD.

On forgiveness of sin. Who did mankind offend? God. Who should man seek forgiveness from? God. Who then should forgive man? God. When therefore you have a Man claiming to forgive sin what can anyone make of that? The Pharisees clearly understood this when they made some of the statements they made about him blaspheming and the like. They knew what the man Jesus was DOING. So to them the issue was ‘how can a mere man forgive sin?’ Maybe I should ask you the same question: ‘how can a mere man forgive another of the sin he committed against God?’

Jesus didn't say before Abraham I was. He said before Abraham "I AM". If the Jews understood him to mean he was saying he pre-existed Abraham they would have laughed him off as a mad man seeing that they knew he was just 33. But for him to say I AM he was making a claim to his deity as the WORD of God that was in the bosom of the father when he appeared to Moses in the burning bush. Again this is Jesus making a claim to his deity and NOT FUNCTIONING as one.

The Jews were too serious about their spiritual issues to laugh at things that come against what they believed. When Jesus said ‘I Am’ they knew he was saying that he is Yahweh. That is why you see their reaction of trying to stone him. Now did Yahweh pre-exist Abraham; even greater than Abraham?

Again in John 1:10 like all the verses above it was John explaining Jesus' CLAIM to deity and not his FUNCTIONS because he never once functioned as GOD while on earth. He only made claims and I have said that so many times it is baffling that you continue to pretend that it is flying over you. Besides, John was describing the WORD in the beginning of his book because he was trying to set the precedence before stating that that WORD was what was made FLESH and dwelled amongst us. Again proving me right that JESUS was flesh and functioned as one because Jesus is the WORD that became FLESH and John wrote this AFTER Jesus had died and resurrected.

Ask yourself one question: ‘Why did John record Jesus’ miracles – to show that other men (Christians now?) can do the same, or to establish his (Jesus’) deity?’ what do we find in John 20: 30 – 31.

Colossians 2 or any of Paul's writings would not help your case so there's no need mentioning them. The books are very clear. Jesus is the first born from the dead; who died on the cross and brought us into oneness with God. If Jesus was functioning as God while on earth he would not have died or be referred to as the first born from the dead. If Jesus was functioning as God he would not be described as the first creation for GOD cannot be created. The word which was in God was released on earth to become a man named Jesus. That man died on the cross and was raised. He became the first born from the dead as a result and was elevated to a status that the WORD had at the beginning of the creation- God. His name was exalted too as a result and he was given ALL AUTHORITY IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH AND EVEN UNDERNEATH THE EARTH and Jesus told his disciples when this happened- after the resurrection.

Whether you called Jesus the God-man or whether that is in contention isn't the essence of this discourse. I have maintained and continue to do so from scripture that albeit Jesus was God and made claims to that effect. He never functioned as God while on earth (before his death). He functioned ONLY as a man. He wasn't holding any universe while on earth- he was a mere man that needed to pray always like he recommended mere men did. He wept, he sweated, he panicked even before his death. All these easily show manly attitudes in him and not his deity.

What I’m getting at with you is that when the WORD became FLESH he DID NOT cease to exist as the second person of the Godhead. He did not also exist as a separate entity from the humanity of Jesus. The two did not come together AFTER the resurrection. The two coexisted in the humanity of Jesus Christ. John 8: 23 – “He said to them, ‘You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world” The man standing in front of them was telling them 'I am from above'!

Jesus was as different as Adam and only just because both men had sinless spirits and blood at conception even though their flesh was subject to sin. While Adam failed by subjecting himself to sin, Jesus won by not doing so. Jesus had to be as much man as Adam was given that he was going to represent the same men that Adam initially represented. After Jesus resurrected he gave the new men (formed after him) the right to act in his authority and receive the same Spirit he received without measure just like him. In fact, it would be outright stupidity to reject the instructions he gave us "to go in his authority" saying that he was unique and only him could function that way. When he himself has already told you he is sending you the same way his father sent him.

If you claim to have the Holy Spirit without measure like Jesus did, congratulation!
Maybe you need to look at the issue of hamartiology

A born again man doesn't have A SIN NATURE. For what makes a man's nature is the SPIRIT that he has and the born again man has been created in RIGHTEOUSNESS. But Just like Jesus we have a mortal flesh that can sin and Paul told us to bring it under subjection.

Then you make 1 John 1: 8, 10 a LIE. “If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us” “If we say have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us” Or maybe it’s the other way round.
Were the Corinthians born again? Did they exhibit carnality?

As per progressively doing miracles you don't need to see it given that you may have not studied the scriptures well. I have put the verses showing Jesus saying exactly that- that the Holy spirit will show him GREATER miracles than the one's the Jews had already seen at the point, so that they would marvel. If you have a better interpretation of the verse please show us here.

Again Mark 6:5 says Jesus COULD NOT do mighty (GREATER works/miracles) in Nazareth because of his people's LACK OF FAITH so he went about teaching them (again showing teaching is not the works). The bible never said Jesus DID NOT or that he CHOSE NOT to. The bible said HE COULD NOT and in English language the word COULD signifies an ability to do something and not a willingness. Jesus cannot save or heal anyone that doesn't believe in him to do so.

Mark 6: 5 clearly tells us that Jesus marveled because of their unbelief. Now unbelief how? Again like I repeatedly said, context is important. Looking at earlier discourse in that portion it is clear that it was about his person that the issue is, not about their ‘faith’ for miracles.

I am not ADDING to anything in showing you the commission he gave to us. For whatever he said in Matthew 28 was the same thing Mark 16 was referring to. The gospel of Jesus is that he has saved mankind from SIN and the consequences of it. Sickness is one of the consequences of sin and healing schools help people receive the healing that Jesus salvation wrought for them. That's why Jesus told his disciples to wait in Jerusalem first before going about to preach the gospel. He knew the gospel required more than words- it also required the demonstration of the power. In Acts 1:8 Jesus said when they received the Holy Spirit they will now receive the POWER to be effective witnesses for him around the world. Paul who came into the scene much later taught the same things: that he didn't only preach with words he also demonstrated the power in the gospel. And even today (just like the early church) we are to preach the gospel with the same power and even more. That is what Healing Schools are meant for.

Jesus healed formally on occasions. People gathered at his door and then he healed all of them. He also instructed his disciples to go out and heal people. Not all the people Jesus healed got healed instantly. Some by gratitude received a wholeness while others just had the symptoms stop. Besides, healing schools don't have gradual healings. They teach faith messages first because that's what causes the miracles to work. While teaching faith some people act on the word and get healed while others may require a touch from the healing minister. Many times when the healing minister touches those still left they receive instant healings and continue to live so even till 30years later.

I hope you what the meaning of ‘formal’ is. If you do then you will know that all you wrote here is chaff.

Healing schools are not church services or crusades where salvation is majorly preached even though salvation messages are preached in healing schools. Healing schools are even held in periods at the leading of the spirit of God and are less frequent than normal church services. As for messages of the gospel they are taught regularly in church services to those who have already received it and are on course to grow. So those who didn't get sent by God should mind their businesses and leave those who actually were sent to do what God asked them to do.

Like i said previously:
There is a difference between him and us because we continue to have the sin nature which he never did.

I still do not see anything in scripture that talks about doing miracles progressively. Maybe the WoF advocates use this to justify their inability to do certain things at any point in their ministry. Maybe you should show me clearly.

Again because Jesus did not heal all DOES NOT mean he did not have the ABILITY to heal all. The two are different.

You are ADDING to what Jesus stated in Matthew 28:18-20 when you include healing schools in it. Please show me where that is included in that passage.

Jesus' miracles were not formally arranged. It did not take those healed days or weeks to be healed as a result of their needing to increase their faith to be healed. Healing schools are the OPPOSITE of this. To that extent they run in direct contrast to how Jesus FUNCTIONED. Because the soul is more important than the body the overemphasis on healing schools turns the priority upside down as it focuses more on the physical than on the soul.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 11:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
trustman:

It has been said that repetition makes for better understanding. So bear with me. Maybe repetitions will make my points clearer to you .

When you said about Jesus that
“his flesh was a sinful one” you just directly claim that he was not qualified to be our sin-bearer. This is absolutely INCORRECT. The reason why he was born without the involvement of any male in the first place was to ENSURE that his flesh will have no sin. Adam’s sin, which is the basis of our sin nature or ‘flesh’ as some portions of scripture put it, had no place in the humanity of Jesus. He was born PERFECT just as Adam was created perfect and without sin. As a physical human being he would experience all that ‘flesh’ would experience and the things that will normally affect ‘flesh’. He was also subject to temptation. Quickly note here that even creatures without ‘flesh’ (angels) were also subject to temptation. If his flesh was a sinful one he could not be said to be the lamb without blemish. Recall that in the OT the animals for sacrifices had to be without any defect.

ha ha ha ha. Go and ask a medical doctor: a baby receives his body (flesh) from his mother but receives his blood from his father. That was why Jesus got conceived by his father- God. He had the sinful flesh but he had sinless blood. The phrase "lamb without blemish" refers to the BLOOD of the lamb and not the flesh for if it were about the flesh then Jesus' badly blemished flesh wouldn't have been good enough.

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same;
Hebrews 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our weaknesses; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin

He was tempted like any other man yet he did not sin. If he was unable to sin then the test would have been a fake one- it wasn't. Please study!

When a man is born again the divine ‘surgery’ takes place in his inside, not the flesh. If our new nature, like you said, is now sinless then there would be no need for the several instructions in the NT to stay away from sin, to confess sin, to put off the ‘old man’ and several others. Apostle Paul documents this in the book of Romans and elsewhere. Putting all that here will extend this presentation.

Thrash. The nature (Spirit) of the born-again man is RIGHTEOUS. What we are told to subject is our flesh and mind as they are not born-again.

1 Corinthians 9:27King James Version (KJV)
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Romans 12:2King James Version (KJV)
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

On forgiveness of sin. Who did mankind offend? God. Who should man seek forgiveness from? God. Who then should forgive man? God. When therefore you have a Man claiming to forgive sin what can anyone make of that? The Pharisees clearly understood this when they made some of the statements they made about him blaspheming and the like. They knew what the man Jesus was DOING. So to them the issue was ‘how can a mere man forgive sin?’ Maybe I should ask you the same question: ‘how can a mere man forgive another of the sin he committed against God?’

He wasn't talking to ghost's here was he? He was saying this to men. The Pharisees had a religious mentality- they even objected healing on the sabbath.

John 20:23New King James Version (NKJV)
23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

The Jews were too serious about their spiritual issues to laugh at things that come against what they believed. When Jesus said ‘I Am’ they knew he was saying that he is Yahweh. That is why you see their reaction of trying to stone him. Now did Yahweh pre-exist Abraham; even greater than Abraham?

Jesus did not say before Abraham I was- that would have meant Pre-existence. He said before Abraham "I AM". He was referring to the WORD when he was in the bosom of the father. The word is GOD, Jesus on earth didn't function as him. He FUNCTIONED as a Man even though he was God.

Ask yourself one question: ‘Why did John record Jesus’ miracles – to show that other men (Christians now?) can do the same, or to establish his (Jesus’) deity?’ what do we find in John 20: 30 – 31.

John recorded somethings to show that Jesus is the Christos- the anointed one; the anointed one of God; the sent one; the messiah. He didn't say to show he was God. Besides, Jesus commissioned those who believe to do greater works and function the same way God sent him. Hear Nicodemus: "for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him"

John 20:21New King James Version (NKJV)
21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.”

John 14:12New King James Version (NKJV)
12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

What I’m getting at with you is that when the WORD became FLESH he DID NOT cease to exist as the second person of the Godhead. He did not also exist as a separate entity from the humanity of Jesus. The two did not come together AFTER the resurrection. The two coexisted in the humanity of Jesus Christ. John 8: 23 – “He said to them, ‘You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world” The man standing in front of them was telling them 'I am from above'!

Jesus never FUNCTIONED as God even though he was legally. I am from above too; I am not of this world. Anyone who is born-again is born from above.

John17:14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
John17:16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
John17:20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will[e] believe in Me through their word;

If you claim to have the Holy Spirit without measure like Jesus did, congratulation!
Maybe you need to look at the issue of hamartiology

Barnabas, Paul, Peter, Phillip etc. were full of the Spirit. Paul told us in Ephesians about being full and filled of the Spirit.

Then you make 1 John 1: 8, 10 a LIE. “If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us” “If we say have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us” Or maybe it’s the other way round.
Were the Corinthians born again? Did they exhibit carnality?

ha ha ha ha! Who is John writing to? John was writing to babes- carnal/ sin-conscious Christians. Not Young men or Fathers. The fathers are those that are righteousness-conscious.
2 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin.

Carnality means being fleshly-ruled, body-ruled; sense-ruled. There are a lot of carnal christians even on this thread. A carnal man let's his flesh dominate him while a spiritual man let's his spirit rule because the Spirit has been recreated in RIGHTEOUSNESS and TRUE HOLINESS. The spiritual man is guided by the word and the spirit but the carnal man tries to rationalize God's word to a "believable level".

Mark 6: 5 clearly tells us that Jesus marveled because of their unbelief. Now unbelief how? Again like I repeatedly said, context is important. Looking at earlier discourse in that portion it is clear that it was about his person that the issue is, not about their ‘faith’ for miracles.

Thrash! If you disbelieve the person you disbelieve the authority that he functions in. Jesus said "those who receive a Prophet would receive the reward of a Prophet". That is why those who didn't see him as a Prophet (E.g Nazareth) didn't have faith to receive mighty miracles from him.

Mark 6:5-6New International Version (NIV)
5 He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6 He was amazed at their lack of faith.

Galatians 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

I hope you what the meaning of ‘formal’ is. If you do then you will know that all you wrote here is chaff.

1. officially sanctioned or recognized."a formal complaint" synonyms: official, legal, authorized, approved, validated, certified, endorsed, documented, sanctioned, licensed, recognized, authoritative, accepted, verified, legitimate, lawful, valid, bona fide, proper, prescribed, pro-forma

Matthew 10:8King James Version (KJV)
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give

If he gave these instructions in the Past he can still give this instructions in the present and he did!

[s]Like i said previously:
There is a difference between him and us because we continue to have the sin nature which he never did.
[/s]
I still do not see anything in scripture that talks about doing miracles progressively. Maybe the WoF advocates use this to justify their inability to do certain things at any point in their ministry. Maybe you should show me clearly.

Again because Jesus did not heal all DOES NOT mean he did not have the ABILITY to heal all. The two are different.

[s]You are ADDING to what Jesus stated in Matthew 28:18-20 when you include healing schools in it. Please show me where that is included in that passage.[/s]

[s]Jesus' miracles were not formally arranged. It did not take those healed days or weeks to be healed as a result of their needing to increase their faith to be healed. Healing schools are the OPPOSITE of this. To that extent they run in direct contrast to how Jesus FUNCTIONED. Because the soul is more important than the body the overemphasis on healing schools turns the priority upside down as it focuses more on the physical than on the soul[/s].

I asked you before- Jesus raising "himself" from the dead and raising Lazarus which is a greater miracle and which happened before which? Are they on the same level? The ability of Jesus to heal anyone is embedded in the person's ability to believe Jesus. Jesus COULD NOT heal mighty ailments in Nazareth because the people DID NOT have faith in him. Period.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by trustman: 4:21am On Sep 24, 2014
[mbaemeka]

The issue with you is that you are using your WoF ‘theology’ to interpret scriptures. As a result even when you contradict yourself and scripture you do not see it.

ha ha ha ha. Go and ask a medical doctor: a baby receives his body (flesh) from his mother but receives his blood from his father. That was why Jesus got conceived by his father- God. He had the sinful flesh but he had sinless blood. The phrase "lamb without blemish" refers to the BLOOD of the lamb and not the flesh for if it were about the flesh then Jesus' badly blemished flesh wouldn't have been good enough.

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same;
Hebrews 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our weaknesses; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin

He was tempted like any other man yet he did not sin. If he was unable to sin then the test would have been a fake one- it wasn't. Please study!
LOOK at what you said earlier:
In typical Trustman style you keep recycling the same issues and giving your own interpretations of my statements then giving your purported "correct" interpretations regardless of how ridden with contradictions they are. For instance, I have maintained all through that Jesus (the man) was unique in that he had a SINLESS SPIRIT and SINLESS BLOOD but his FLESH was a sinful one and therefore subject to the temptations of sin.

You said:
‘His flesh was a sinful one’
When John the Baptist said ‘Behold the lamb of God’, he knew what he was saying. When the people heard ‘the lamb of God’ they understood what John meant. They knew from their various sacrifices what the lamb should be – without defect. When therefore John made that statement he knew EXACTLY what he meant.
In order for a (ANY MAN) man to pay the price for sin's redemption, he or she must be sinless. If Jesus had sin IN ANY FORM he would have himself required a saviour. Why did God tell our first parents about “the seed of the woman”? BECAUSE IT WAS ONLY THAT WAY THAT HE (THE SEED) WILL BYPASS ADAM’S SIN. In talking about sin here it’s not about physical acts of sin but first and foremost the sin nature. Romans 5:12,13 – “Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned— 13 for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given …” Notice here, ALL SINNED. The little baby born this second is as much a sinner as the adult who has committed thousands of physical and mental acts of sin.
So if you claim Jesus’ flesh was a sinful one where did that theology come from?
If he is partaker of flesh and blood like we are from the portion you quoted how did you come to separate flesh as sinful and blood as sinless(?) ?

Thrash. The nature (Spirit) of the born-again man is RIGHTEOUS. What we are told to subject is our flesh and mind as they are not born-again.

1 Corinthians 9:27King James Version (KJV)
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Romans 12:2King James Version (KJV)
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

He wasn't talking to ghost's here was he? He was saying this to men. The Pharisees had a religious mentality- they even objected healing on the sabbath.

John 20:23New King James Version (NKJV)
23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

Have you heard or come across the terms positional, experiential, imputed, etc as used in referring issues relating to our salvation? When God declares us righteous in Christ NO physical change happens to us. But God regards us as that in Christ. That is why we are to work at reflecting the new thing God has done for us. The ultimate CHANGE is still in the future.

I ask you the question again: ‘how can a mere man forgive another of the sin he committed against God?’

Jesus did not say before Abraham I was- that would have meant Pre-existence. He said before Abraham "I AM". He was referring to the WORD when he was in the bosom of the father. The word is GOD, Jesus on earth didn't function as him. He FUNCTIONED as a Man even though he was God.

Let me use your words, and ask : did the WORD pre-exist Abraham?

John recorded somethings to show that Jesus is the Christos- the anointed one; the anointed one of God; the sent one; the messiah. He didn't say to show he was God. Besides, Jesus commissioned those who believe to do greater works and function the same way God sent him. Hear Nicodemus: "for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him"

John 20:21New King James Version (NKJV)
21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.”

John 14:12New King James Version (NKJV)
12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

In John 20:31 – what does the term “the Son of God’ mean? What do you think the hearers understood by it?

Jesus never FUNCTIONED as God even though he was legally. I am from above too; I am not of this world. Anyone who is born-again is born from above.

John17:14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
John17:16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
John17:20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will[e] believe in Me through their word;

Mbaemeka, being born from above does not equate to being ‘from above’; does it?

Barnabas, Paul, Peter, Phillip etc. were full of the Spirit. Paul told us in Ephesians about being full and filled of the Spirit.

Jesus had the Holy Spirit without measure in a flesh that was unstained by ‘sin’. Does any other person match this? There is no single example of a man who functioned like Jesus did. If you know of any show me. There is none because he was unique. He was different. So yes, we are sent by him into the world but we must not think we are by that appointment equal with him. It would be stupidity to equate ourselves with one who received the Holy Spirit without measure.

ha ha ha ha! Who is John writing to? John was writing to babes- carnal/ sin-conscious Christians. Not Young men or Fathers. The fathers are those that are righteousness-conscious.
2 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin.

Carnality means being fleshly-ruled, body-ruled; sense-ruled. There are a lot of carnal christians even on this thread. A carnal man let's his flesh dominate him while a spiritual man let's his spirit rule because the Spirit has been recreated in RIGHTEOUSNESS and TRUE HOLINESS. The spiritual man is guided by the word and the spirit but the carnal man tries to rationalize God's word to a "believable level".

So just as ‘man of god’ is different from ‘preacher’ babes, carnal and sin sin-conscious (whatever that means) Christians live by one aspect of the Bible while ‘fathers’ are in a class of their own, abi? Don’t let us go into areas that shift our focus on this discourse, please!

Thrash! If you disbelieve the person you disbelieve the authority that he functions in. Jesus said "those who receive a Prophet would receive the reward of a Prophet". That is why those who didn't see him as a Prophet (E.g Nazareth) didn't have faith to receive mighty miracles from him.

Mark 6:5-6New International Version (NIV)
5 He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6 He was amazed at their lack of faith.

Galatians 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

As usual you WoF devotees pick a word – faith – look for where it appears and then attempt to fix it together to make your point. It does not work that way.

1. officially sanctioned or recognized."a formal complaint" synonyms: official, legal, authorized, approved, validated, certified, endorsed, documented, sanctioned, licensed, recognized, authoritative, accepted, verified, legitimate, lawful, valid, bona fide, proper, prescribed, pro-forma

Matthew 10:8King James Version (KJV)
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give

If he gave these instructions in the Past he can still give this instructions in the present and he did!

I asked you before- Jesus raising "himself" from the dead and raising Lazarus which is a greater miracle and which happened before which? Are they on the same level? The ability of Jesus to heal anyone is embedded in the person's ability to believe Jesus. Jesus COULD NOT heal mighty ailments in Nazareth because the people DID NOT have faith in him. Period.

Go and look at John 5:26. if you understand a little bit of Christology you’ll know that If Jesus had gone to the cross before raising Lazarus he could still raise himself. You must know that the other members of the Godhead were also involved. The issue of salvation was important to one of them as it was to all.
You actually LIMIT Jesus when you say: “The ability of Jesus to heal anyone is embedded in the person's ability to believe Jesus”. They did not have faith in Jesus as the Messiah. He came to his own but his own DID NOT RECEIVE HIM. His primary purpose of presenting his miracle-credentials was to point to himself as the saviour. He was not going about performing miracles for miracles sake. That is why he never organized people in any HEALING SCHOOL. It was MORE IMPORTANT to have them believe on him as the Messiah than to have physical healing.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by vooks: 5:13am On Sep 24, 2014
Have you ever revived a 4 day old corpse?
mbaemeka:

1. I DO
2. I DO
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by vooks: 5:39am On Sep 24, 2014
You are probably drunk with Calvinism and you are arguing in circles;
-All that perish were never Christians
-Christians will never perish
probably your own version of once-saved-always-saved

There are many prophets and miracle workers who will cling to works all the way to hell and I pray that with your greater-than-Jesus-miracles you won't be among them. That's all Jesus said, not that there would be many who would try cheat their way out of hell. You must have a very dim view of God if you think men can stand before the judgement seat and concoct clear lies

What was the point of Jesus telling his disciples about men lying in heaven? That liars have no place in heaven or lying won't save you?
He was relaying the shock factor of people like you who think performing miracles is an external manifestation of eternal security. They did more than say Lord Lord, they even performed miracles in his name

mbaemeka:

Like said earlier- I don't reason out the word of God. I let the Holy Spirit teach me through the word and I take him for exactly what he is and not a watered-down version.

Simple comprehension should be applied here.

I don't know what Christianity has to do with the discourse. Anybody can say Lord Lord doesn't mean they are saved. The will of the father is that men should believe the one he sent- Jesus. That's what Jesus meant.

The man perished as an apostate and Jesus would not say to Judas "I never knew you". That's simple enough. Judas couldn't repent because he tasted of that power from on high and later dis-reputed it.

No Christian will perish. Let alone a miracle-performing one.

You don't know who a christian is. A christian is the opposite of a sinner so let that marinate first. You have totally missed the mark with your Ezekiel reference and now is not the time or the thread to school you on that. The thief on the cross got the same promissory note that other disciples had before Jesus death and resurrection. Jesus would know him in Heaven even if he had worked iniquity all through his life because Jesus knew him when it mattered to the thief.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by vooks: 6:24am On Sep 24, 2014
mbaemeka,
Nobody would 'merely SAY' to God on judgement day before His throne they did ABCD if they didn't. That is the point. And if they did,the natural response would be to rebut the lie. Jesus never disputed their claims because they were true....it is because you can't imagine yourself or fellow 'greater-than-Jesus'-miracles' worker going to hell that you are determined to defy logic and common sense not to mention the natural reading of this verse; some miracle workers WILL perish.

You are trying to argue that NOBODY would perform miracles and be branded worker of iniquity. Spiritual gifts don't cease immediately a man falls into sin or even after the man persists in sin. So if you think exercising your gifting is a mark of purity, think again

On Judas, you are engaging in unnecessary theological gymnastics. You are essentially GUESSING that Judas died BEFORE Christ (like it matters) and you are lamely attempting to LIMIT the MANY that would cite their works (lies according to you) to post resurrection. The twelve and the 72 actively operated in the name of Jesus well BEFORE he died.........

And come to think of it, how would the name of a mere man like any other( God in him dormant) drive out demons?
mbaemeka: Vooks,

John 6:40New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
40 This is indeed the will of my Father, that all who see the Son and believe in him may have eternal life; and I will raise them up on the last day.”

Do you understand Jesus now? Anyone saying Lord Lord doesn't matter to him except they are Christians. That's what he was saying. Also anyone merely "SAYING" "I did this in your name and I did that in your name" is only just saying it. They are not Christians- they are sinners (those who work iniquity by nature)

Judas was a sinner like every other man that pre-existed Jesus' death was. Even those who don't believe in Jesus regardless of how well behaved they are- they are ALL sinners. But before Jesus died his name was not yet salvific coupled with the fact that it had limitations in its use- it was restricted to Israel. So Judas and co worked miracles in the name (in the stead of the owner and with the authority he possessed) even though they were still sinners then. When Jesus died and resurrected the name had all the authority in heaven and in earth and became the name that saves people. The name belongs now to Christians.

So again like I said in the previous post- Judas was not unknown by Jesus, Judas was known but he died without receiving Christ's salvation that's why he went to hell and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by vooks: 7:46am On Sep 24, 2014
mbaemeka,
So in short you are saying that ;
1. Jesus' physical nature was different from you and me seeing his blood was DIFFERENT from yours?
2. he had sins 'in his flesh' but not in 'his blood'?
3. And Christ's divinity was his blood?

mbaemeka:

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
Trustman

Here I am quoting scriptures while you are there giving me conjectures. Why not just quote the scriptures and let them interprete themselves as usual.

Henceforth, I will reply you in clear scriptures and a few words. Let me see you argue yourself away from God's word.

1. Jesus had to come in the same flesh with ordinary men because his body was from his mum but his blood was from his dad as ELEMENTARY biology will tell you.

Romans 8:3 says God sent his son in the verisimilitude of SINFUL FLESH.

2. John 20:23 answers you clearly on Man's ability to forgive sins committed against GOD. He told his disciples if they forgave any man's sins the man is forgiven and if they retained his sins he would not be forgiven. Simple and clear.

3. The word pre-existed Abraham of course. That same word was at the beginning in the bosom of the father 1 John 1:2. That same word became flesh and was born by a woman, Mary. That word made flesh was called Jesus.

4. ANYONE born from God is a son of God. 1John 3:1. So any human being is as much a son of God as Jesus was but the Jews didn't know that.

5. Being born again means to come from above. Genneth anothen in Greek. How did Jesus come from above? He was the word made flesh same way any man that is born again is born from the same word that lives and abides forever 1 Peter 1:23

6. Stop making daft relations between the biblical statement that Jesus had a flesh subject to sin (sinful flesh) and one that says he didn't sin in his flesh. Jesus' flesh was a mortal/sinful one like any man's but Jesus didn't sin. Also he had spotless blood. That's why he is different from any other man bar Adam.

Why do you think it was necessary he had a sinful flesh? Because if he could not sin then he could not represent us the same way Adam did because Adam could sin and he did.

6b. Anyone who is born again has received the Spirit without measure for God doesn't give his sons the spirit by measure and then send them the same way he sent the one he sent without measure. It makes no scriptural sense.

7. If you don't know the growth stages in the life of the born again man just ask politely and I will teach you. The grown man (fathers) in Christ doesn't sin and he cannot sin. I know they have not taught you that in wherever you worship but it is in scripture. What do you have to say about 1John 3:9 and then compare it with 1 John 1: 8-10 that you initially referred me to.

8. Without faith it is impossible to please God. For he who comes to God must first believe that he exists and that he is a REWARDER of those that DILLIGENTLY seek him. Hebrew 11:6. What is faith? It is the EVIDENCE of things not yet seen Hebrews 11:1 so if a man comes to Jesus without a confidence that he will receive from him then he would not receive. I quoted Paul in Galatians 3:5 and even him in Acts 14. If you have a better understanding why not humor me by telling me what that understanding is and watch you contradict yourself for the gazillionth time.

9. Stop giving me chaff about the miracles he did and answer the question for once. Which miracle was greater between raising Lazarus from the dead and Jesus raising himself from the dead?

As per HS's you have no case. HS's teach about salvation and demonstrate it. The healing is part of the salvation (soteria).
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 2:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
vooks: You are probably drunk with Calvinism and you are arguing in circles;
-All that perish were never Christians
-Christians will never perish
probably your own version of once-saved-always-saved

There are many prophets and miracle workers who will cling to works all the way to hell and I pray that with your greater-than-Jesus-miracles you won't be among them. That's all Jesus said, not that there would be many who would try cheat their way out of hell. You must have a very dim view of God if you think men can stand before the judgement seat and concoct clear lies

What was the point of Jesus telling his disciples about men lying in heaven? That liars have no place in heaven or lying won't save you?
He was relaying the shock factor of people like you who think performing miracles is an external manifestation of eternal security. They did more than say Lord Lord, they even performed miracles in his name

That exchange was not in heaven. Please study well. Secondly, who is a christian and who is a sinner?. Can you show me where Jesus said those who told him they did miracles IN HIS NAME actually did it?

Let me see you answer this from scripture then if God wills it I would teach you who a christian is.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
vooks: mbaemeka,
Nobody would 'merely SAY' to God on judgement day before His throne they did ABCD if they didn't. That is the point. And if they did,the natural response would be to rebut the lie. Jesus never disputed their claims because they were true....it is because you can't imagine yourself or fellow 'greater-than-Jesus'-miracles' worker going to hell that you are determined to defy logic and common sense not to mention the natural reading of this verse; some miracle workers WILL perish.

You are trying to argue that NOBODY would perform miracles and be branded worker of iniquity. Spiritual gifts don't cease immediately a man falls into sin or even after the man persists in sin. So if you think exercising your gifting is a mark of purity, think again

On Judas, you are engaging in unnecessary theological gymnastics. You are essentially GUESSING that Judas died BEFORE Christ (like it matters) and you are lamely attempting to LIMIT the MANY that would cite their works (lies according to you) to post resurrection. The twelve and the 72 actively operated in the name of Jesus well BEFORE he died.........

And come to think of it, how would the name of a mere man like any other( God in him dormant) drive out demons?

Jesus' as a mere man was the Son of Man. That's why his name had power in Israel.

People will say all sorts to prevent themselves from being cast into the LAKE OF FIRE. The bible says exactly so. And no Christian would be found in Hell so no Christian will be on LAKE OF FIRE ROW.

As per Judas dying before Jesus: it shows how little you know about salvation and you are trying to engage me as if you have something to teach me.

let me take it slow with you. Who is a christian?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 2:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
So in short you are saying that ;
1. Jesus' physical nature was different from you and me seeing his blood was DIFFERENT from yours?
2. he had sins 'in his flesh' but not in 'his blood'?
3. And Christ's divinity was his blood?

Let me quote scriptures again to help your understanding. 1 Peter 1:19 says Jesus blood was precious and spotless like a spotless Lamb will be.

His blood was what needed to be taken into the Holy of Holies like high priests in the OT did when they went ro make atonement for the sin of the nation within a year.

Jesus had a flesh subject to sin Romans 8:3 but Jesus didn't sin unlike Adam who sinned. When Adam sinned his Spirit was tainted and the same would have happened to Jesus if he too did but he didn't.

When scripture says we sinned in Adam it is referring to our Spirits for we were born with a sinful nature (sinful spirit). The flesh is always corrupt and will always be till the final redemption of the body where we will put on incorruption. Jesus had a corruptible flesh which enabled him to die and then he resurrected to an incorruptible one.

See how simple I have made it. Now let me see you do so too. Who is a christian?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by vooks: 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
I gladly throw the challenge back at you...Show me where it is written they didn't smiley smiley

I have given you reasons to believe they did what they said
1. Nobody rebutted their claims
2. the idea of mortals standing before the throne and having the presence of mind to go through various works and picking the most convincing lies is stranger than science fiction.

mbaemeka:

That exchange was not in heaven. Please study well. Secondly, who is a christian and who is a sinner?. Can you show me where Jesus said those who told him they did miracles IN HIS NAME actually did it?

Let me see you answer this from scripture then if God wills it I would teach you who a christian is.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by vooks: 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
You are regurgitating (plagiarizing) Ernst Angley mysticism and passing them as Spirit teaching you

I know what Peter is saying, my question is whether the blood was ANY divine more than Jesus flesh
If ONLY the blood was needed, was Christ's death necessary seeing it is very possible to spill and sprinkle blood without DEATH?

Read this and focus on the word FLESH

1 Timothy 3:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

John 1:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Was Jesus really human if he had no human blood?

On who is a Christian, that is a nickname for the disciples. You can derail this thread by taking me through TULIP but am not interested. Let's focus on your mysticism of Jesus blood being non-human seeing you have no proof of the workers of iniquities lying. My maxim on doctrine is simple; don't cling to what you can't defend regardless of which mortal is propagating it
mbaemeka:

Let me quote scriptures again to help your understanding. 1 Peter 1:19 says Jesus blood was precious and spotless like a spotless Lamb will be.

His blood was what needed to be taken into the Holy of Holies like high priests in the OT did when they went ro make atonement for the sin of the nation within a year.

Jesus had a flesh subject to sin Romans 8:3 but Jesus didn't sin unlike Adam who sinned. When Adam sinned his Spirit was tainted and the same would have happened to Jesus if he too did but he didn't.

When scripture says we sinned in Adam it is referring to our Spirits for we were born with a sinful nature (sinful spirit). The flesh is always corrupt and will always be till the final redemption of the body where we will put on incorruption. Jesus had a corruptible flesh which enabled him to die and then he resurrected to an incorruptible one.

See how simple I have made it. Now let me see you do so too. Who is a christian?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 6:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
vooks: You are regurgitating (plagiarizing) Ernst Angley mysticism and passing them as Spirit teaching you
I know what Peter is saying, my question is whether the blood was ANY divine more than Jesus flesh
If ONLY the blood was needed, was Christ's death necessary seeing it is very possible to spill and sprinkle blood without DEATH?
Read this and focus on the word FLESH

1 Timothy 3:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
John 1:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Was Jesus really human if he had no human blood?
On who is a Christian, that is a nickname for the disciples. You can derail this thread by taking me through TULIP but am not interested. Let's focus on your mysticism of Jesus blood being non-human seeing you have no proof of the workers of iniquities lying. My maxim on doctrine is simple; don't cling to what you can't defend regardless of which mortal is propagating it

You on the other hand are just picking names and ideas from the sky and shying away from questions that ridicle your beliefs no matter how unscriptural they are.

The lamb that was slain for the atonement didn't it need to die? Stop asking me questions to mock what you don't understand because you haven't studied well. Part of the reason that the lamb of God came on the scene was to THROUGH death defeat the one who had the power over death- the devil. So it was necessary Jesus died.

Jesus was fully human even if he had "no human blood" according to your construction. The blood he had was not smeared by sin because it came from his father. Is that too hard to understand?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
vooks: I gladly throw the challenge back at you...Show me where it is written they didn't smiley smiley

I have given you reasons to believe they did what they said
1. Nobody rebutted their claims
2. the idea of mortals standing before the throne and having the presence of mind to go through various works and picking the most convincing lies is stranger than science fiction.

The answer is in his statement and reply. He said MANY will SAY to him and not many who DID will SAY to him. And then his reply is the clincher- I NEVER KNEW YOU. You who worked iniquity A.K.A you sinner.

How can Jesus say he never knew someone who made demands in his name that caused the Holy Spirit to act?

Do you know you insult the name of Jesus to suggest that sinners could use it to achieve anything? Do you know that a sinner who uses the name of Jesus to wrought a miracle will automatically cease to be a sinner?

Where do you people pick all these teachings from?

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Topgainer: 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
mbaemeka:

You on the other hand are just picking names and ideas from the sky and shying away from questions that ridicle your beliefs no matter how unscriptural they are.

The lamb that was slain for the atonement didn't it need to die? Stop asking me questions to mock what you don't understand because you haven't studied well. Part of the reason that the lamb of God came on the scene was to THROUGH death defeat the one who had the power over death- the devil. So it was necessary Jesus died.

Jesus was fully human even if he had "no human blood" according to your construction. The blood he had was not smeared by sin because it came from his father. Is that too hard to understand?

Pastor Mba, What are you saying? Haven't you realized that what Rev Oyakhilome is teaching you has no basis in the scripture. You are seriously re-affirming our belief that Love World had long deviated from the Bible Truths to self-preserving stunts
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 11:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
Topgainer:
Pastor Mba, What are you saying? Haven't you realized that what Rev Oyakhilome is teaching you has no basis in the scripture. You are seriously re-affirming our belief that Love World had long deviated from the Bible Truths to self-preserving stunts

I love all Pastors but I am not one. Please leave MOGs names out of this discourse or I will cease to reply you. All the Pastors that have taught me teach me from the word and I also do my own personal research to see that it is so.

Leave all that irreverent talk about self-preservation for a day so you can understand God's word without cultural biases and religious views. The branch I worship with started really small say 11-15 members on a Sunday o. We had some 'Holiness' brethren come to advice us that we were few because we let women come in with trousers and not cover their hair. My Pastor thanked them but continued following the word. Fews Years past and we are now the largest congregation in the region. Guess what the 'holiness' brethren began to say? That we were growing large because we let women wear trousers and not cover their hair. The same thing they said was millitating us in time past.

All such reasoning is fleshly man. It is God that enlarges his church by the word and not because of any self-preserving nonsense talk.

Is sex a sin? Not to married couples it isn't. But to unmarried couples it is a sin. So will a teacher be wrong to say "sex in itself is not sin"? That's how to handle the word of God rightly so as not to teach your own ideas. That's why you hate the jerry curls on him yet you cannot prove it is a sin from the bible.

Go for the word and leave carnality to sinners because carnality is death but a life in the spirit is joy everlasting.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by vooks: 5:38am On Sep 25, 2014
mbaemeka:

The answer is in his statement and reply. He said MANY will SAY to him and not many who DID will SAY to him. And then his reply is the clincher- I NEVER KNEW YOU. You who worked iniquity A.K.A you sinner.

How can Jesus say he never knew someone who made demands in his name that caused the Holy Spirit to act?

Because that person rebelled against the Will of the Father. Jesus is telling you that no amount of miracles will save you if you are outside Father's will

Learn to think and apply logic.
Doing Father's will= entering kingdom of Heaven.
Not doing Father's will= missing Kingdom of heaven
missing Kingdom of heaven= Those that Jesus never knew

Therefore
Jesus never knowing you= not doing Father's will
So if you are not doing Father's Will, Jesus never knew you.

Do you know you insult the name of Jesus to suggest that sinners could use it to achieve anything? Do you know that a sinner who uses the name of Jesus to wrought a miracle will automatically cease to be a sinner?

That is the gospel according to mbaemeka. That miracles is a measure of righteousness. You will perish with your miracles. Paul was careful not to be a reprobate after saving others

1 Corinthians 9:27 King James Version (KJV)

Where do you people pick all these teachings from?

From the Word of God not traditions of heretics
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by vooks: 5:43am On Sep 25, 2014
Sir, there was nothing divine about Jesus blood any more than his body.
The idea that Jesus had a sinful flesh but sinless blood borders on mysticism and is clearly heretical

mbaemeka:

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 25, 2014
Ermm..sorry to barge in @ the last minute, i have been following the trend of arguments here and i must say well done to both contributors, i have learnt quite alot from both parties. But i want to chip in one or two thoughts if you guys will oblige me.

Paul writing by the unction of the Holy Spirit said Christ did redeem us from the curse of the Law( Gal 3:13). The greek word for redeem is not "agorazo" but "exagorazo" which is to purchase or redeem out from or away from.

The word "curse" here is "katara".
But casting our minds back to OT since all scriptures is written for our learning we would find in Deut.28:15-47 every kinds of sickness and diseases included in the curse of the law. So it amazes me when christians stick to an erroneous impression that Christ death and ressurection has no power to free christians from sicknesses and diseases but only to save souls.

And concerning the blood and body of Christ both are efficacious and powerful, that one sacrifice is absolutely pure, so perfect and so powerful that it has enduring strength throughout all eternity( Heb 10:10).

In types and shadows found in OT, we see both the blood and the body of the passover lamb being used by the chidren of Isreal. NONE was discarded. No wonder Paul said in 1 cor 5:7 that Christ our passover lamb is sacrificed for us. Since Christ is our passover lamb, we must conclude: that his blood was shed to save us from the wrath of God and HIS FLESH was broken for OUR PHYSICAL BENEFITS or as Peter puts it in 1 pet 2:24 "by the bruise of whom ye were healed". The healing wasn't spiritual as some theologians are trying to water it down but PHYSICAL from the greek word "iaomai".

So all saints should expect God to heal their sicknesses today because all sickness is the result of satan's work, when he introduce sin into this world, and Christ was manifested to destroy satan's work.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 10:44am On Sep 25, 2014
Bidam: Ermm..sorry to barge in @ the last minute, i have been following the trend of arguments here and i must say well done to both contributors, i have learnt quite alot from both parties. But i want to chip in one or two thoughts if you guys will oblige me.
Paul writing by the unction of the Holy Spirit said Christ did redeem us from the curse of the Law( Gal 3:13). The greek word for redeem is not "agorazo" but "exagorazo" which is to purchase or redeem out from or away from.
The word "curse" here is "katara".
But casting our minds back to OT since all scriptures is written for our learning we would find in Deut.28:15-47 every kinds of sickness and diseases included in the curse of the law. So it amazes me when christians stick to an erroneous impression that Christ death and ressurection has no power to free christians from sicknesses and diseases but only to save souls.
And concerning the blood and body of Christ both are efficacious and powerful, that one sacrifice is absolutely pure, so perfect and so powerful that it has enduring strength throughout all eternity( Heb 10:10).
In types and shadows found in OT, we see both the blood and the body of the passover lamb being used by the chidren of Isreal. NONE was discarded. No wonder Paul said in 1 cor 5:7 that Christ our passover lamb is sacrificed for us. Since Christ is our passover lamb, we must conclude: that his blood was shed to save us from the wrath of God and HIS FLESH was broken for OUR PHYSICAL BENEFITS or as Peter puts it in 1 pet 2:24 "by the bruise of whom ye were healed". The healing wasn't spiritual as some theologians are trying to water it down but PHYSICAL from the greek word "iaomai".
So all saints should expect God to heal their sicknesses today because all sickness is the result of satan's work, when he introduce sin into this world, and Christ was manifested to destroy satan's work.

Endorsed.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 11:04am On Sep 25, 2014
Vooks,

Your logic flies in the face of God's word.

What is the will of God= that we become Christians (John 6:40)
What is not doing the Father's will= rejecting Christ (remaining unsaved)

Who will say Lord Lord and still enter the kingdom of Heaven? Christians.

Who will say Lord Lord and still not enter the kingdom? Non- Christians.

Who will Jesus deny knowing? Non- Christians.

Can a non-Christian do a miracle in Jesus name? No.

Paul said in Romans 10:13 and Peter said in Acts 2:21 that WHOEVER shall call on that name [in Faith] shall be saved.

But what do we have? We have pseudo-spiritualists telling us that sinners would use the name of Jesus and remain unsaved.

Another question, if you would respond or evade it as usual: Can you show me anywhere that says a Christian went to hell or was castaway? I will wait.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 11:14am On Sep 25, 2014
vooks: Sir, there was nothing divine about Jesus blood any more than his body.
The idea that Jesus had a sinful flesh but sinless blood borders on mysticism and is clearly heretical

The blood of a baby is gotten from who? From Whom did Jesus get his blood?

What did Peter mean in 1 Peter 1:19 and can you tell us the greek translation for the word Precious as used there? Why do you think Jesus blood was the only one capable of saving the world of men?

Mysticism you said. How risible.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by vooks: 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
Adam's blood was equally human sir, where did it come from? THINK! angry

Think for once, blood is for creatures. What is God who is Spirit doing with blood in heaven?

Leviticus 17:11 King James Version (KJV)

11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

The blood is precious but so is the flesh. There is no difference between Christ's body and his blood except in Ernst Angley, Branham, Jack Van Impe, H A Maxwell Whyte and and their minions' minds
mbaemeka:

The blood of a baby is gotten from who? From Whom did Jesus get his blood?

What did Peter mean in 1 Peter 1:19 and can you tell us the greek translation for the word Precious as used there? Why do you think Jesus blood was the only one capable of saving the world of men?

Mysticism you said. How risible.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by vooks: 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
mbaemeka,
MIRACLES are not heaven ticket and if I were you, I would examine myself instead of fighting Jesus very words
There will be thousands of miracle workers in hell
Do Christians sin?

mbaemeka: Vooks,

Your logic flies in the face of God's word.

What is the will of God= that we become Christians (John 6:40)
What is not doing the Father's will= rejecting Christ (remaining unsaved)

Who will say Lord Lord and still enter the kingdom of Heaven? Christians.

Who will say Lord Lord and still not enter the kingdom? Non- Christians.

Who will Jesus deny knowing? Non- Christians.

Can a non-Christian do a miracle in Jesus name? No.

Paul said in Romans 10:13 and Peter said in Acts 2:21 that WHOEVER shall call on that name [in Faith] shall be saved.

But what do we have? We have pseudo-spiritualists telling us that sinners would use the name of Jesus and remain unsaved.

Another question, if you would respond or evade it as usual: Can you show me anywhere that says a Christian went to hell or was castaway? I will wait.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by BERNIMOORE: 4:21pm On Sep 25, 2014
jared007: jared007: 8:11am On Sep 13th ....don't be silly winsomeX the pharisee. The gospel and d church is to convert a sinner and not a holier than thou hypocrate like u. Do not dwell on d past deeds of yooguyz. Do u know if he has repented? Yooguyz my advice is dat u change ur nairaland monicker.
https://www.nairaland.com/1892195/truth-behind-christ-embassy-healing/13#26264055
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2014
vooks: Adam's blood was equally human sir, where did it come from? THINK! angry
Think for once, blood is for creatures. What is God who is Spirit doing with blood in heaven?

Leviticus 17:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

The blood is precious but so is the flesh. There is no difference between Christ's body and his blood except in Ernst Angley, Branham, Jack Van Impe, H A Maxwell Whyte and and their minions' minds

What does this verse have to do with anything?

Adam like Jesus got his blood from his Father- God! It was only that sort of impeccable blood that could have saved mankind. Nothing else.

How do you think human blood would do so?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
MIRACLES are not heaven ticket and if I were you, I would examine myself instead of fighting Jesus very words
There will be thousands of miracle workers in hell
Do Christians sin?

Keep your ridiculousness to yourself. I didn't say miracle-working was a ticket to heaven. Behold even Derren Brown works some sort of "miracles" but is it in Jesus' name? No. So if he ends up going to hell how does that line up with what Jesus said?

Baby/Carnal Christians sin. It doesn't change who they are. A christian is a christian and a sinner is a sinner.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
@Mbaemeka

Is Jesus actually God?

Did His flesh see corruption?

Will your flesh see corruption i.e decay?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 7:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
shdemidemi: @Mbaemeka
Is Jesus actually God?
Did His flesh see corruption?
Will your flesh see corruption i.e decay?

Jesus is God.
His flesh didn't see corruption it changed before the corruption could set in.
What does my flesh have to do with anything? What if I am here when Jesus appears?

The flesh is already corruptible. I have said all that in the discourse.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
mbaemeka:

Jesus is God.
His flesh didn't see corruption it changed before the corruption could set in.
What does my flesh have to do with anything? What if I am here when Jesus appears?

The flesh is already corruptible. I have said all that in the discourse.

thanks..

I am sorry, I couldn't read all of your rejoinders.

When you say his flesh changed before corruption, what exactly did you mean, meaning what form was it and what form did it change to?

If you accept that your flesh is corruptible, do you agree it will suffer decay when the soul leaves the body?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (38) (Reply)

Meet Gbenga Alalade, Architect Behind Living Faith Ark (Photos) / Picture Of A Nairalander Heading For Church To Praise Her Creator / "Prophet Joshua Iginla Shared Nudes With Stella" - Wife, Yemisi Iginla (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 211
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.