Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,746 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo (19765 Views)

Debate: Messi V Raul - Who Is The Bigger Champions League Legend? / Messi V Ronaldo / Didier Drogba And Christiano Ronaldo Hot Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by mcdreeezy: 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
naturalwaves:

Hahahahahahah, are chelsea fans really loud mouthed? Well, the current chelsea squad is one of the best assemblage of players. If they can play together for three years, the achievements will be awesome. I am most happy for Eden Hazard, he has less work load now and can always be used as a joker unlike last season.
Cool bro

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
If you watch world cup and post world cups you will notice that messi has a 100% freekick and shot success. Ronaldo doesn't even takes freekick whenever Rodriguez is on the field. Messing had 4 world cup goals Ronaldo had 2. messi just getting to his prime Ronaldo is going out of his (30yrs).

@RONALDO fans - he might not be around for much so praise him but never compare him with the big boys like Maradona, Pele, he should be rubbing shoulder with Eusebio and lineker.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
Messi fan would always say dat he's better....while Ronaldo's fan will say CR7 is better,....so is anybody really telling the truth?.....noooooooo!, d truth is dat they have both won world best players,man of matches and other club & individual awards.....so THEY ARE BOTH THE BEST in their different unique ways....

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 7:43am On Sep 18, 2014
so u guys are still here arguing about these two legend Issokay..
I dey watch una from sidelines..in d voice of PEJ ........continuuuuu.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
Iamzuna:

From the above and all the points you have raised, i have concluded that you are new to la liga and you only watched last season in la liga. 1st saying Messi has not scored a goal similar to Maradonna's shows you are biased and not even ready to get your facts before concluding. Against Villareal wen Messi was 23 or so he scored a goal that was exactly and even better than Maradona's and has scored even better goals.

A better goal would be one he dribbled from his own box till he scored. Any other type is not better. Moreover , I didn't say he has not scored a similar goal to that of Maradona, stop quoting me out of context. I only said Maradona's solo goal was better considering the distance he started from and the number of opposing players involved.
Iamzuna: Talking about Okocha's fluke, only Nigerians rememba that goal
I think you need to go check the dictionary meaning of a "fluke".
Iamzuna: ..... because apart from Nigeria i have never seen that highlight amongst best goals of all tym

Which body officially decides which goal(s) should belong to the best goals of all time? You can compile your own junk and put it on the internet too. Your obsession with Messi is just too much. If you don't know, Okocha is a better dribbler than Messi. Messi dribbles on the run but Okocha will make you settle down, face him and even realise the fact that you are about to be dribbled yet, you will still get dribbled. Okocha's goal was never a fluke okay? Stop being sentimental.

Iamzuna: So about high profile header goals, na yansh Messi take score against Man U for finals of UCL abi.

You don't still get this point, do you? I never said he can't use his head, stop being funny, come on, which footballer doesn't know how to nod? That's academy basics but aerially, some are better than others and as it stands at the moment only very few footballers if any, is better than Ronaldo in the air and yes! Ronaldo no be Messi mate for air.

Iamzuna: ..... Like i stated b4 here when debating with a strong Ronaldo fan, Ronaldo had 2 goals last season before Messi got injured with 8 goals. Ronaldo had 28 goals when Messi fully came back to end the season on 28 goals and Ronaldo end with 31.

I see you really like this point so much with the way you have been hammering on it. The fact that he was leading on goal tally before he was injured does not necessarily imply that he will lead on the goal tally, just happened like that. Moreover, there was a season Messi didn't take an injury break and Ronaldo still got a better number of goals. How long was Messi's injury ? Half of the season?
Iamzuna: .....Now just Imagine Messi was 100 fit also not forgetting that when he came back from injury he was keeping himself for the WC couple with bad coaching where he was played entirely out of position
How can you say Barcelonia has a bad coaching? He was played out of position you said? Was he played in defence or as a defensive midfielder or as a goal keeper? So, your Messi isn't flexible in all the forward roles? Give me a forward position that Ronaldo can't play? He can play LWF, RWF, AMF, CF and still cope pretty well. This your point isn't good enough at all, it is a minus to Messi.

Iamzuna: I am only saying this to let you know why Ronaldo had a better season also not forgetting that his feeders were in the form of their lives. In Madrid Ronaldo is fed goals and i just wish both players would switch clubs and see just how Messi would become a god in Madrid because Madrid has a more balanced team and dont look to Ronaldo when they are down.

Okay, they look forward to Benzema, this is no point.

Iamzuna: Now you said because Ronaldo scores Rocket shots he is way better, i respect Ronaldo for his shots and its because of these attributes he has that we are comparing both players. You will agree with me that if Ronaldo does not have these attributes then we wud be comparing him with Nani and not Messi, and if messi has what Ronaldo has with what he has then there will be no need to compare. Now please if you want to compare both players dont watch highlights or 'best of Ronaldo vs best of Messi' but please watch both players play and you will see the difference.

I didn't say Ronaldo is way better cos he has rocket shots o. I said Ronaldo has more shot power than Messi which means he is better than Messi with long range shots and everyone knows that.

Iamzuna: Do you know that Pele hates Messi and has been looking for some1 he can say is better than Messi? 1st he did it using your Ronaldo but Messi bettered Ronaldo by far and also tried saying Neyma was better and changed saying Neyma is 4 d future, so i dont know where you got ur facts from because they can mislead those who dnt know. I love gud football and love both players but the truth must be told. Even Ronaldo said its the competition with Messi thats making him outdo himself but Messi and everyone close to him say that he has not gotten to his best, so you just imagine when he is at his best

Do you know also, that Blatter and Platini hates Ronaldo? Come one, stop saying things that have no proofs . Saying someone is better doesn't mean hate okay? Or do you think I hate Messi cos I feel Ronaldo is better? No. I am a huge fan of Messi too.

Iamzuna: Now can you count for me the number of games Ronaldo has single handedly won for Madrid?
No sir, I can't count the number of matches he single handedly won but I can count the number of ones he multi handedly won grin. Listen, in any team sport particularly football, there is nothing like "single handedly" , wasn't it someone that passed him the ball? You can as well ask his team mates to go sit on the bench cos he can win matches single handedly. Smh. That single handedly term has been overly abused, stop adding to it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 12:39am On Sep 19, 2014
naturalwaves:

A better goal would be one he dribbled from his own box till he scored. Any other type is not better. Moreover , I didn't say he has not scored a similar goal to that of Maradona, stop quoting me out of context. I only said Maradona's solo goal was better considering the distance he started from and the number of opposing players involved.

I think you need to go check the dictionary meaning of a "fluke".

Which body officially decides which goal(s) should belong to the best goals of all time? You can compile your own junk and put it on the internet too. Your obsession with Messi is just too much. If you don't know, Okocha is a better dribbler than Messi. Messi dribbles on the run but Okocha will make you settle down, face him and even realise the fact that you are about to be dribbled yet, you will still get dribbled. Okocha's goal was never a fluke okay? Stop being sentimental.

You don't still get this point, do you? I never said he can't use his head, stop being funny, come on, which footballer doesn't know how to nod? That's academy basics but aerially, some are better than others and as it stands at the moment only very few footballers if any, is better than Ronaldo in the air and yes! Ronaldo no be Messi mate for air.

I see you really like this point so much with the way you have been hammering on it. The fact that he was leading on goal tally before he was injured does not necessarily imply that he will lead on the goal tally, just happened like that. Moreover, there was a season Messi didn't take an injury break and Ronaldo still got a better number of goals. How long was Messi's injury ? Half of the season?

How can you say Barcelonia has a bad coaching? He was played out of position you said? Was he played in defence or as a defensive midfielder or as a goal keeper? So, your Messi isn't flexible in all the forward roles? Give me a forward position that Ronaldo can't play? He can play LWF, RWF, AMF, CF and still cope pretty well. This your point isn't good enough at all, it is a minus to Messi.

Okay, they look forward to Benzema, this is no point.

I didn't say Ronaldo is way better cos he has rocket shots o. I said Ronaldo has more shot power than Messi which means he is better than Messi with long range shots and everyone knows that.

Do you know also, that Blatter and Platini hates Ronaldo? Come one, stop saying things that have no proofs . Saying someone is better doesn't mean hate okay? Or do you think I hate Messi cos I feel Ronaldo is better? No. I am a huge fan of Messi too.

No sir, I can't count the number of matches he single handedly won but I can count the number of ones he multi handedly won grin. Listen, in any team sport particularly football, there is nothing like "single handedly" , wasn't it someone that passed him the ball? You can as well ask his team mates to go sit on the bench cos he can win matches single handedly. Smh. That single handedly term has been overly abused, stop adding to it.

Mr Naturalwaves.. Nice points you have raised here and now i can see you are trying to deviate (sic) from the strong points you mentioned before when debating with another Messi fan. I will explain further just to prove to you that your are right with some points and biased with others.

I will still state it again here that you dont watch La Liga maybe you watch only the high profile matches. Still trying to say that Messi's goal is not similar to Maradonna's is suicidal because try and maybe download the highlight of that goal and download Maradonna's goal and tell me the difference (if not maybe the opponent, jersey and maybe their hairs cos Messi was on Long hairs then). That goal is the same as Maradonna's and Messi did beat everyone (about 5-6) opponent on his way before beating the goal keeper and putting the ball in the net. I expected you to try and see the goal before coming to comment but you didnt, so i would like you to go back and try to watch that goal and see the distance Messi started from. Maradonna is arguable the best footballer to play football (thats when not considering how he ended his career) and Maradonna was not known for heading balls into the net (nodding as you will proudly say) and was not known to hamma rocket shots that would tear the net (like you are proudly repeating it) but instead Maradonna was a talented player that carried his teams just the way Messi is doing now. Now i wont talk about Ronaldo here but please imagine Messi does not play for Barcelona for the rest of the season (God forbid bad tin).

Now talking about Okocha's fluke (i will keep repeating this because i have been saying this for more than 10 years now), did you even see the buildup to the goal or you just saw a player being indiscipline and you take that as greatness. Sorry Mr thats not how football works. In the build up to that goal, the ball was worked down from the middle and a pass was give to Okocha just to slot the ball in the net but what happened, he started dribbling everyone as if taking a simple shot will not score. Maybe you didnt notice that his teammates started celebrating when the pass got to him and then they all stopped to watch (like say na cinema) before he was finally able to slot the ball into the net. Even his coach then said that if Okocha had not scored, he would have been punished. Now my friend thats not greatness, that is what is called SAKA... You can clearly remember kanu's goal against Chelsea and how it is still been shown even until now, that goal was great because he did what was impossible and he was aware of what was needed from him (to score and not to Saka) because he could have easily decided to take on 2 defenders and do something special as you may want it but no, he cleverly curled the ball into the net and that goal will be celebrated till (i no know o). So you cannot change the fact that Okocha's goal to me will always remain normal and i will still label it a fluke.

Mr Naturalwaves you can decide your best goal of all time, and that will be in your pocket if Okocha's own dey because you cannot force Fifa to take yours because i concur with the goals i have been seeing among the best goals of all time tho everyone has his own opinion but ontop this Okocha goal, na only you i don see dey rate am among ooo.

Okocha can dribble very well, Yes i agree but dribbling and skills in football is a sport on its own, we have entertainers and jugglers that even have competitions for their skills. So if its all about skills then Robinho, Denilson, Okocha and a whole lot of other players would have been the best players in the world but its not all about your skills. Nigerians see Okocha as unlucky but i see him as not wise because it is not by dribbling 10 players that you become the best and that is the reason he did not win the African Player of the Year award. I just dont want to argue further on this one so that make people no talk say my own too much but I will say it clearly that there is no way on earth that Okocha is a better dribbler that Messi. You can say he has skills more than Messi o but there is no way he is a better dribbler. Now all of you might want to take me on this one but i understand we are all Nigerians and we will never see beyond our Noses. The earlier you realize that Kanu was and still is the best player to come out from the country, then you will stop mentioning Okocha to me (I respect the guy and he is one of the best attacking Midfielders).

Now about the goals, i wont write the point you said i always write but i will take you to that same season you are talking about when Ronaldo was top scorer. Do you know that Messi and Ronaldo were both tied with same number of goals (i cant recall now) before Messi got injured that season, and when he came back he was rested by Pep for the remaining games just so he will stay fit for the UCL final with Man United. I am just reminding you because i support both players and i follow then keenly. that season they finished both with 53 or so goals total but Ronaldo scored more in the league and Messi in Other competitions. No doubt Ronaldo played well that season but Messi bettered him.

I will not argue about Blatter and Platini because they are both politicians and they are not the best players to grace the game of football. Maybe you didnt follow the politics that lead to Ronaldo winning the Ballon 'or dor. If Blatter hates Ronaldo then why did he apologize for making a joke and also postpone the deadline date for voting just so Ronaldo can play the play-off games, Why has Blatter or Platini not been saying bad things about Ronaldo if they dont like or prefer him like you said. I dont mean that Pele hates Messi, but he is not a fan and he is looking for every possible means to criticize Messi.

I remember when Benzema and Hugian were injured under Mourinho and Ronaldo was called upon to play CF, na hin we begin see chairman dey flop ooo.. 1 of those games i clearly remember when Madrid were beaten by Uche's team, thank God say Hugian come back from injury fast. So much for Ronaldo playing GK, RB, LB, CB, CM, AM, RF, LF, CF grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Football is a team sport and thanks for reminding me. Now i understand you might have not watched Maradonna play or better still get his tapes otherwise you will understand the term "single handedly". Ohhh wait you dont need any of that because you are already seeing it live now, what you see Messi doing now was what Maradonna used to do then. I will just try to point out a match for you and i will rest my case. Remember in UCL Barca vs PSG, what happened in the game why was a Messi who was not fully fit brought on when Barca conceded?
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Krasid(m): 12:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
Where was messi when barcelona could not beat atletico in 6 games last season?

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Krasid(m): 12:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
Iamzuna:

I dont get your point. So dribbling is now a what makes a player better or the best abi, then if you know like Denilson, Okocha, Hleb and a whole lot of other players then you wil know that it is just a gift and does not make any player the best because you must have techniqe wit your so called skills.

Now Ronaldo can do 10000step overs but that does not mean he can beat 4/5 playes at a go like Messi does. You are just being sentimental because everyone has been WOWed at how the ball sticks to Messi's feet and how he can beat as much as 6 players at a time. No matter how good you are, you dare not play 1 or just 2 man against Messi cos he will make a meal of them no matta how good they are (ask Hummels and others). Now you dont need 5 man to mark Ronaldo because Juanfran, Alves, Puyol, Ashley Cole and a lot more defendes have single handedly kept out Ronaldo over and over again.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Lily4star(f): 12:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=Krasid][/quote]

I ve given him example of 1. Ashley Cole, this one is ,number 2, but really I am so loving this debate between Naturalwaves and Iamzuna, oya make unu continuuu cheesy
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
tobiboss: hehehehe, coded01
stop quoting bad things.....i jst insulted messi,and ur suposd to defend him! ...in oda words, abeg unquote my last post u quoted....i shudnt be insultn messi like dat !thanks
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
JESUSchoice: stop quoting bad things.....i jst insulted messi,and ur suposd to defend him! ...in oda words, abeg unquote my last post u quoted....i shudnt be insultn messi like dat !thanks

even Ronaldo has respect for messi

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 7:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
Krasid: Where was messi when barcelona could not beat atletico in 6 games last season?

Lovely question there. As much as i it hurts me that Messi didnt score, i will ask you to watch those games again and see that Messi had 3 to 4 players on him anytime the ball gets to him (i must commend Atleti cos they did that well) and thats when Barca needs some1 else to step up and take the pressure off Messi, but 4where? Besyds we all know that Messi was not fully fit for most of last season (not an excuse tho) and most teams were able to contain him, not forgetting that the foolish coach was concentrating on makin Neyma tick. The same can be asked about Ronaldo in the present season even tho he is not over marked... Lol.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 7:53pm On Sep 19, 2014

Oga Krasid thank you for the picture but as oga madam Lily don talk am na that Ashley cole own b true. As God go have am, i watch all those matches so picture no dae decieve me. Alves own na 50 50 and Alves win that ball, shey u knw say na Alves don dribble Ronaldo pass as Ronaldo don dribble am, anybody wae dae watch la liga here go testify. Puyol own (are you kidding me) that na through pass wae Puyol fail to intercept, or better stil its the build up to d goal Ronaldo scored against Barca that won them the league 3 seasons ago and that picture no b as e b cos Puyol was beaten by Ronaldo's pace from a thru pass and gave up, no b say Ronaldo dribble am o. Watch the highlight of the game (that was in Peps last season).

I no go comment on Ashley cole own so una no go tlk say my own too much... But note Ashley Cole has won the total duels with Ronaldo.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 8:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
Iamzuna:

Mr Naturalwaves.. Nice points you have raised here and now i can see you are trying to deviate (sic) from the strong points you mentioned before when debating with another Messi fan. I will explain further just to prove to you that your are right with some points and biased with others.

I will still state it again here that you dont watch La Liga maybe you watch only the high profile matches. Still trying to say that Messi's goal is not similar to Maradonna's is suicidal because try and maybe download the highlight of that goal and download Maradonna's goal and tell me the difference (if not maybe the opponent, jersey and maybe their hairs cos Messi was on Long hairs then). That goal is the same as Maradonna's and Messi did beat everyone (about 5-6) opponent on his way before beating the goal keeper and putting the ball in the net. I expected you to try and see the goal before coming to comment but you didnt, so i would like you to go back and try to watch that goal and see the distance Messi started from. Maradonna is arguable the best footballer to play football (thats when not considering how he ended his career) and Maradonna was not known for heading balls into the net (nodding as you will proudly say) and was not known to hamma rocket shots that would tear the net (like you are proudly repeating it) but instead Maradonna was a talented player that carried his teams just the way Messi is doing now. Now i wont talk about Ronaldo here but please imagine Messi does not play for Barcelona for the rest of the season (God forbid bad tin).

Now talking about Okocha's fluke (i will keep repeating this because i have been saying this for more than 10 years now), did you even see the buildup to the goal or you just saw a player being indiscipline and you take that as greatness. Sorry Mr thats not how football works. In the build up to that goal, the ball was worked down from the middle and a pass was give to Okocha just to slot the ball in the net but what happened, he started dribbling everyone as if taking a simple shot will not score. Maybe you didnt notice that his teammates started celebrating when the pass got to him and then they all stopped to watch (like say na cinema) before he was finally able to slot the ball into the net. Even his coach then said that if Okocha had not scored, he would have been punished. Now my friend thats not greatness, that is what is called SAKA... You can clearly remember kanu's goal against Chelsea and how it is still been shown even until now, that goal was great because he did what was impossible and he was aware of what was needed from him (to score and not to Saka) because he could have easily decided to take on 2 defenders and do something special as you may want it but no, he cleverly curled the ball into the net and that goal will be celebrated till (i no know o). So you cannot change the fact that Okocha's goal to me will always remain normal and i will still label it a fluke.

Mr Naturalwaves you can decide your best goal of all time, and that will be in your pocket if Okocha's own dey because you cannot force Fifa to take yours because i concur with the goals i have been seeing among the best goals of all time tho everyone has his own opinion but ontop this Okocha goal, na only you i don see dey rate am among ooo.

Okocha can dribble very well, Yes i agree but dribbling and skills in football is a sport on its own, we have entertainers and jugglers that even have competitions for their skills. So if its all about skills then Robinho, Denilson, Okocha and a whole lot of other players would have been the best players in the world but its not all about your skills. Nigerians see Okocha as unlucky but i see him as not wise because it is not by dribbling 10 players that you become the best and that is the reason he did not win the African Player of the Year award. I just dont want to argue further on this one so that make people no talk say my own too much but I will say it clearly that there is no way on earth that Okocha is a better dribbler that Messi. You can say he has skills more than Messi o but there is no way he is a better dribbler. Now all of you might want to take me on this one but i understand we are all Nigerians and we will never see beyond our Noses. The earlier you realize that Kanu was and still is the best player to come out from the country, then you will stop mentioning Okocha to me (I respect the guy and he is one of the best attacking Midfielders).

Now about the goals, i wont write the point you said i always write but i will take you to that same season you are talking about when Ronaldo was top scorer. Do you know that Messi and Ronaldo were both tied with same number of goals (i cant recall now) before Messi got injured that season, and when he came back he was rested by Pep for the remaining games just so he will stay fit for the UCL final with Man United. I am just reminding you because i support both players and i follow then keenly. that season they finished both with 53 or so goals total but Ronaldo scored more in the league and Messi in Other competitions. No doubt Ronaldo played well that season but Messi bettered him.

I will not argue about Blatter and Platini because they are both politicians and they are not the best players to grace the game of football. Maybe you didnt follow the politics that lead to Ronaldo winning the Ballon 'or dor. If Blatter hates Ronaldo then why did he apologize for making a joke and also postpone the deadline date for voting just so Ronaldo can play the play-off games, Why has Blatter or Platini not been saying bad things about Ronaldo if they dont like or prefer him like you said. I dont mean that Pele hates Messi, but he is not a fan and he is looking for every possible means to criticize Messi.

I remember when Benzema and Hugian were injured under Mourinho and Ronaldo was called upon to play CF, na hin we begin see chairman dey flop ooo.. 1 of those games i clearly remember when Madrid were beaten by Uche's team, thank God say Hugian come back from injury fast. So much for Ronaldo playing GK, RB, LB, CB, CM, AM, RF, LF, CF grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Football is a team sport and thanks for reminding me. Now i understand you might have not watched Maradonna play or better still get his tapes otherwise you will understand the term "single handedly". Ohhh wait you dont need any of that because you are already seeing it live now, what you see Messi doing now was what Maradonna used to do then. I will just try to point out a match for you and i will rest my case. Remember in UCL Barca vs PSG, what happened in the game why was a Messi who was not fully fit brought on when Barca conceded?

Hey sir, let me quickly address the points you have raised.

Again, I never said Messi's goal wasn't similar to Maradona's . There is a difference between goal similarity and a goal being better. I think Maradona's own was better. I think Maradona's own was better( #my opinion#) , so stop using that "similarity" word.

Talking about Okocha. His intentions is none of anybody's business and what ever his intentions were has nothing to do with his dribbling skills. The most important thing was that he eventually put the ball at the back of the net. Take it or leave it, when it comes to dribbling, Okocha dwarfs Messi; I stated the reasons in my previous post. Note: This doe not imply that he is better than Messi as a footballer.

I didn't say Okocha's goal is one of the best goals of all time. I only told you that there is no recognised body for deciding such. You can put your own garbage on the net too and call it "best goals of all time".

Talking about the Blatter point, if he doesn't have some reservations concerning Ronaldo, why make such an expensive joke in the first place? He actually apologized due to the media pressure.

Finally, your Messi will not be the first to be played unfit. Several players have done it. Zidane had malaria and a knee injury at the 2002 world cup, they needed a win badly in their last group game and he was asked to come up like that. Even Oliseh has done same and so on. There is this popular saying then that, "a half fit Drogba is better than a fully fit Torres".So, that a half fit Messi was asked to come up from the bench is no point at all .

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 8:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
@ Fixgoo, photoshoped images are not allowed.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
Iamzuna:

Lovely question there. As much as i it hurts me that Messi didnt score, i will ask you to watch those games again and see that Messi had 3 to 4 players on him anytime the ball gets to him
You statement is so contradictory to your argument. You initially said Messi whisks past 5,6 opponents and is unstoppable. I gave you the Bosingwa example where he couldn't even go past an ordianry Bosingwa and another fellow has given you the Atletico example and yet you failed to reply promptly. Again, I ask, where was Messi during those 6 games against Atletico Madrid?

Iamzuna: ....(i must commend Atleti cos they did that well) and thats when Barca needs some1 else to step up and take the pressure off Messi, but 4where?

Why should they need someone else to step up undecided. Were you not the same person that said Messi can siglehandedly win games??

You are just going back and forth and nullifying your previous arguments as clearly shown above. I think you need to take a cold glass of water and go to bed.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2014

There couldn't have been a better way of disproving his points than those pictures. They are hilarious too grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
Messi is better joor

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Debroslink: 9:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
Krasid: Where was messi when barcelona could not beat atletico in 6 games last season?

And where was Ronaldo, When Messi scored in 21 consecutive league games
Can Ronaldo ever score 91 goals in a year?
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Krasid(m): 9:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
naturalwaves:
You statement is so contradictory to your argument. You initially said Messi whisks past 5,6 opponents and is unstoppable. I gave you the Bosingwa example where he couldn't even go past an ordianry Bosingwa and another fellow has given you the Atletico example and yet you failed to reply promptly. Again, I ask, where was Messi during those 6 games against Atletico Madrid?

Why should they need someone else to step up undecided. Were you not the same person that said Messi can siglehandedly win games??

You are just going back and forth and nullifying your previous arguments as clearly shown above. I think you need to take a cold glass of water and go to bed.
I tire oo.He is just contradicting himself.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 10:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
naturalwaves:

Hey sir, let me quickly address the points you have raised.

Again, I never said Messi's goal wasn't similar to Maradona's . There is a difference between goal similarity and a goal being better. I think Maradona's own was better. I think Maradona's own was better( #my opinion#) , so stop using that "similarity" word.

Talking about Okocha. His intentions is none of anybody's business and what ever his intentions were has nothing to do with his dribbling skills. The most important thing was that he eventually put the ball at the back of the net. Take it or leave it, when it comes to dribbling, Okocha dwarfs Messi; I stated the reasons in my previous post. Note: This doe not imply that he is better than Messi as a footballer.

I didn't say Okocha's goal is one of the best goals of all time. I only told you that there is no recognised body for deciding such. You can put your own garbage on the net too and call it "best goals of all time".

Talking about the Blatter point, if he doesn't have some reservations concerning Ronaldo, why make such an expensive joke in the first place? He actually apologized due to the media pressure.

Finally, your Messi will not be the first to be played unfit. Several players have done it. Zidane had malaria and a knee injury at the 2002 world cup, they needed a win badly in their last group game and he was asked to come up like that. Even Oliseh has done same and so on. There is this popular saying then that, "a half fit Drogba is better than a fully fit Torres".So, that a half fit Messi was asked to come up from the bench is no point at all .

For most of the points you said you will respond to, i can see you have decided to stop your arguments and so i will rest my case because i see no reason to debate when you have already changed your views by bringing "in your opinion". (you can go back to your first comment and see what i mean).

For most of the points you said you will respond to, i can see you have decided to stop your arguments and so i will rest my case because i see no reason to debate when you have already changed your views by bringing "in your opinion". (you can go back to your first comment and see what i mean).

Take it or leave it, you can only say Okocha has better football skills than Messi but he is never a better dribbler and this i can confidently say anywhere and anytime. Besides do you know that Dennis Bergkamp goal against Argentina (was it?) in France 98 is still rated one of the best goal of the world cup? I didnt rate that one o. And at the end of every season there is also the Goal of the year category where goals are compared and the best is chosen.

"He actually apologized due to the media pressure." by postponing the deadline for voting and that got Ronaldo to win (when his mates were preparing for the World Cup proper having qualified, he was using play-offs to win Ballon o dor).

Now i said it before that you are giving me wrong facts and please be sure before you state a fact here. Messi playing unfit still carries his teams and provides assist (have you seen that from Ronaldo before, at least its the both of them we are comparing). You are trying to intimidate me with the Zidane case of 2002 world cup, Zidane played the last match after the doctors decleared him fit to play (tho we know he was not 100%). Did he make any difference or you didnt watch the game (i think it was against Uruguay or Denmark) France still went home and Zidane didnt make any difference neither did they win the match. Oliseh and Drogba you have mentioned, how many times have they been unfit and win games for their teams. Look in that game with PSG, messi was not even fit to play the game but because Barca would go out, he was brought on and immediately changed that match and won it for Barca (there is no point or any theory you can give me that will change this, at least not when you even know what you are telling me). I have no business with Drogba and Torres as i am talking about Messi here. Just name for me players that changed a game being unfit and stop beating around the bush.

I dont understand why you are still ranting about a mere Bosingwa who i dont see as a force. Mind you (if you care to go watch that game again) Bosingwa had support making Messi and Chelsea that day focused on keeping Messi quite and that they did (but thank God for Iniesta that rose up to the occasion even tho late in the game). I would want to support you now and make you feel like you got something on me, Bosingwa stopped Messi and its good news to us all so please enjoy it as much as you want but i cant count how many times i have watched Ronaldo being stopped and marked out by a defender.

I dont know what arguments i have stopped, i only countered your biased points and never brought mine in because i dont have to, you will have no answer to any.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 10:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
naturalwaves:

There couldn't have been a better way of disproving his points than those pictures. They are hilarious too grin

Are you kidding me, do you watch these matches at all? The Alves picture you can clearly see the ball has been won by Alves, lmao. Puyol, that was a through pass which he stretched and could not stop. Post videos and not pictures, i could easily get a picture of Valdes dribbling Ronaldo.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
naturalwaves:

Messi was on the field of play and was trying his best and even providing assists that were missed. I still dont get your point on Bosingwa, he never singly marked Messi because he had support all through (i supported Chelsea in that game so i know what i am saying).

So where was your Ronaldo "Rocket" shots and "Rocket" headers when Athleti was raping Real Madrid this season? At least Barca and Messi lost just one of those 6 games (i wont use the excuse of Messi being not 100% and played out of position no more). At least na our Parents talk am say everyday no be christmas.

By stating these points you are supporting me that Messi is better than Ronaldo because you have left the comparison and now starting to criticize Messi... Please compare!!!

I don drink cold water but sleep no catch me...
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
See me see wahala oo... Sheybe Alves don win that ball already, Abi this one now to support Alves or na Dragon bite Ronaldo do?

That Puyol own, na thru pass Puyol could not intercept... Ronaldo never dribbled him there

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 10:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
@iamzuna, there is nothing like "football skills". There are different types of football skills and dribbling is one of them, be specific! It is wrong to say Okocha has more football skills but he is not a better dribbler.
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 10:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
naturalwaves: @iamzuna, there is nothing like "football skills". There are different types of football skills and dribbling is one of them. So, it is wrong to say Okocha has more football skills but he is not a better dribbler.

Then i still state it that Messi dribble better and more than Okocha
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Krasid(m): 10:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
Iamzuna:

Are you kidding me, do you watch these matches at all? The Alves picture you can clearly see the ball has been won by Alves, lmao. Puyol, that was a through pass which he stretched and could not stop. Post videos and not pictures, i could easily get a picture of Valdes dribbling Ronaldo.
Where was Alves and Puyol when ronaldo became the first player to score in 6 Consecutive el clasico matches.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 10:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
Iamzuna:

Then i still state it that Messi dribble better and more than Okocha
Then I still state it that Okocha is a better dribbler than Messi. Messi is a hit and run dribbler, Okocha isn't . Okocha will make you settle before dribbling you effortlessly. If you like, you may go and queue and come back again, he will do it iver and over again grin.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 10:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
Krasid: Where was Alves and Puyol when ronaldo became the first player to score in 6 Consecutive el clasico matches.

How does this relate to what we are talking about, or what the debate is about... Park well jhur
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by Iamzuna(m): 10:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
naturalwaves:
Then I still state it that Okocha is a better dribbler than Messi. Messi is a hit and run dribbler, Okocha isn't . Okocha will make you settle before dribbling you effortlessly. If you like, you may go and queue and come back again, he will do it iver and over again grin.

Its your opinion and i respect it.... But mine still remains that Messi is the better dribbler
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by naturalwaves: 10:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
Iamzuna: By stating these points you are supporting me that Messi is better than Ronaldo because you have left the comparison and now starting to criticize Messi... Please compare!!!

I don drink cold water but sleep no catch me...

I am not criticizing Messi but just trying to disprove your points of saying Messi singlehandedly won matches by giving you examples of matches he couldn't even smell significance talkless of single handedly wim not to talk of multi handedly. Your little magician failed and I exoect you to take back the point you said that " messi siglehandedly wins matches". As you can see, it has been trashed into the bins. *winks
Re: Lionel Messi V Christiano Ronaldo by mubarakopeyemi(m): 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
Wow! Will these arguements end sha :/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal / Steve Ritsons 2nd Golf Course Designed & Built In Anambra Southeast Nigeria / Griezmann Severs Ties With Huawei Over Uighurs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.