Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,555 members, 7,770,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:40 AM

On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… (41384 Views)

Do You Know Why You're Still Single? (Photo) / Why Do Ugly Guys Get A Girl And Handsome Ones Are Single / Beautiful But Still Single... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by free2ryhme: 8:20am On Sep 11, 2014
jennylove7575:
[B]God knows marriage ain't for me..I don't believe in spending the rest of my life with one man.[/b] Repeating same routine daily. I was watching a TV documentary somedays ago, about how Hungarian families were forcing their kids into marriage at the age of 14yrs. I was indeed gutted at the child abuse..people should be able to have choice...marriage shouldn't be by force but by choice....I recently met this guy on Nairaland, last week we decided to meet up at the Westfield shopping centre...when we met, for 5mins he couldn't say one word. He was startled. When he eventually opened his mouth to speak he said I can't believe am standing with crazy jennylove of Nairaland a very pleasant guy indeed....to be cont......

jennylove7575: For my first alhaji......money box
Second alhaji.........sausage roll
Minister..........zenith ATM
Ordinary poor guy......pleasure booster
The guy i truly love.....the koko
[B]The one I want to marry......homemade[/b]

See your life? Na so una go dey form levels wey u no get . Only u lie expose your foolishness for the entire NL

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by jennylove7575(f): 9:03am On Sep 11, 2014
free2ryhme:

See your life? Na so una go dey form levels wey u no get . Only u lie expose your foolishness for the entire NL
you woke up this morning and the first thing you did is to throw insult at me....you must be very stupidd and madd. You and your entire family is foolish....if u dont agree with my comment do not throw insults at me...waka pass....don't ever try it again. I have never insulted you before.I have taken note of you now...free2rhyme.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by rhymz(m): 10:18am On Sep 11, 2014
pickabeau1:

Dude why are u being diplomatic at the bolded
Use the word...... submissive
Of course, who does not want a submissive wife. Many of you seem to think that submissiveness means you are going to be a maid or slave to your husband.... little wonder ladies with such mentality stay in constant competition with their husband for authority in the house and still complain about depression and not being happy in their marriage. No woman will be happy in a marriage in which she is in constant power competition with her spouse. He married you to help him build a home, assist him not compete with him. You can never win in such a competition, trust me. You will only end up depressed and unhappy.

It is for this reason that ladies with such feminist mindset find marriage too hot and leave it before it even start, only to end up lonely and angry to the point of starting up a feminist movement and even try to convince innocent ladies going through relationship hiccups that they don't need a man to be this and that....yes, that is absolutely true but it does not make it a great idea, YES.

What is the whole essence of being all powerful independent, strong and LONELY inside This applies even to the single male folks, let's tell ourselves the truth, human beings are not wired to be stable islands emotionally. That is why we are in constant need to be in circles of friends, family and even strangers. We are all emotional beings after all, no matter wet in u wan claim.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by hotwax: 11:29am On Sep 11, 2014
rhymz: Of course, who does not want a submissive wife. Many of you seem to think that submissiveness means you are going to be a maid or slave to your husband.... little wonder ladies with such mentality stay in constant competition with their husband for authority in the house and still complain about depression and not being happy in their marriage. No woman will be happy in a marriage in which she is in constant power competition with her spouse. He married you to help him build a home, assist him not compete with him. You can never win in such a competition, trust me. You will only end up depressed and unhappy.

It is for this reason that ladies with such feminist mindset find marriage too hot and leave it before it even start, only to end up lonely and angry to the point of starting up a feminist movement and even try to convince innocent ladies going through relationship hiccups that they don't need a man to be this and that....yes, that is absolutely true but it does not make it a great idea, YES.

What is the whole essence of being all powerful independent, strong and LONELY inside This applies even to the single male folks, let's tell ourselves the truth, human beings are not wired to be stable islands emotionally. That is why we are in constant need to be in circles of friends, family and even strangers. We are all emotional beings after all, no matter wet in u wan claim.

Gbam
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by pickabeau1: 11:58am On Sep 11, 2014
rhymz: Of course, who does not want a submissive wife. Many of you seem to think that submissiveness means you are going to be a maid or slave to your husband.... little wonder ladies with such mentality stay in constant competition with their husband for authority in the house and still complain about depression and not being happy in their marriage. No woman will be happy in a marriage in which she is in constant power competition with her spouse. He married you to help him build a home, assist him not compete with him. You can never win in such a competition, trust me. You will only end up depressed and unhappy.

Correct.. I would like to hear MzColi's opinion on this your post
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
MizMyColi:

For me, why a single beautiful girl is single is entirely her business and is not for me or anyone else to puzzle out.
Her being single doesn’t make her less or being engaged make her more.
I say treat ladies with respect, out of the mind-set that they are not incomplete for whatever cause they are single.
Relieve them of the pressure of the lies that they are less without a man in their arms.
#NuffSaid

The quote below might inspire someone out there, so I thought to share here, with permission from my diary:
"I'd rather be the prize you felt you deserved, than be the option you felt forced to settle for. If we BOTH don't feel blessed to have one another, then we shouldn't be together." ~Rob Hill Sr.
wink
Always on point MizMyColi!
The above it is for me. For anyone that think being single is a pitiable status then I pity your line of reasoning which ultimately defines you
Like has always been my stance, I intend to remain single until I realize my self set goals(at least the ones within my power to , as long as there is life). I've had to face the pressure of even accepting to be a betroth to someone and go on with pursuing my goal just to make sure I don't turn out to be forever single and unhappy. Lolz
Need I say I'd turned down such offer cos I know it won't end there. Truth is I dont want to be distracted neither do I want to feel like I don't own myself cos it has a way of impeding self confidence and freedom.
In a nutshell girls, it is entirely yours to determine whether you need men to be happy or not.

Advise to ladies: Work at being a force to reckon with by being the best in whatever you do. I tell you your dream man will eventually come crashing on your feet. Even if he didn't come, the society will respect you cos of what you'd turned out to be irrespective of your single status. There is no proven theory that all married ladies lead the most fulfilled life!

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 11, 2014

I agree with all you wrote cos am a believer in the sanctity of marriage
My argument is in the area of feeling incomplete just because you are not married as a lady

Much respect sir!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by anonimi: 12:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
I think living with anyone is a matter of compromise for which a conscious effort must be made.
Not many can do that hence the resulting single status that may endure.

At some point it may be better for the single male or female to seriously consider adopting a child that s/he can cater for as his/her own to improve on the capacity for compromise, which is a necessary pre-requisite for any lasting relationship.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
@rhymz: it is so annoying,his first statement was i should go and get married, i disappointed him by saying i am married,then he wants to know if I'm happy in it. I wonder what joy it gives to them when they hear about failed marriages....i really do wonder.
Then you will hear shiii like,i rather remain single than be in a loveless marriage, are all marriages loveless

why don't they ever look at the bright side,that's what i am yet to understand...

2 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by hotwax: 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
Kachisbarbie: @rhymz: it is so annoying,his first statement was i should go and get married, i disappointed him by saying i am married,then he wants to know if I'm happy in it. I wonder what joy it gives to them when they hear about failed marriages....i really do wonder.
Then you will hear shiii like,i rather remain single than be in a loveless marriage, are all marriages loveless

why don't they ever look at the bright side,that's what i am yet to understand...

Let me go dirty. Their case is like.

One wey hin own don spoil, we pray others should fail.

They are hopeless and will always want others to be like them.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
IrishKez:
Always on point MizMyColi!
The above it is for me. For anyone that think being single is a pitiable status then I pity your line of reasoning which ultimately defines you
Like has always been my stance, I intend to remain single until I realize my self set goals(at least the ones within my power to , as long as there is life). I've had to face the pressure of even accepting to be a betroth to someone and go on with pursuing my goal just to make sure I don't turn out to be forever single and unhappy. Lolz
Need I say I'd turned down such offer cos I know it won't end there. Truth is I dont want to be distracted neither do I want to feel like I don't own myself cos it has a way of impeding self confidence and freedom.
In a nutshell girls, it is entirely yours to determine whether you need men to be happy or not.

Advise to ladies: Work at being a force to reckon with by being the best in whatever you do. I tell you your dream man will eventually come crashing on your feet. Even if he didn't come, the society will respect you cos of what you'd turned out to be irrespective of your single status. There is no proven theory that all married ladies lead the most fulfilled life!

100000+ likes

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by mukhcech(m): 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
Kachisbarbie: @rhymz: it is so annoying,his first statement was i should go and get married, i disappointed him by saying i am married,then he wants to know if I'm happy in it. I wonder what joy it gives to them when they hear about failed marriages....i really do wonder.

I am with you on this. If only the positives are our set goals and objectives. There wont be need to stress the topic of Marriage.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by okudah(m): 2:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
To me why a beautiful lady is still single is probably she has not seen her choice as i believe that its better for every one to leave with his/her choice in other to make a happy home

2 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by free2ryhme: 3:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
jennylove7575: you woke up this morning and the first thing you did is to throw insult at me....you must be very stupidd and madd. You and your entire family is foolish....if u dont agree with my comment do not throw insults at me...waka pass....don't ever try it again. I have never insulted you before.I have taken note of you now...free2rhyme.

Naija girls sha! So dis one dey look for God fearing man even with all dis lines I dey sure say God sef dey fear you
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by rhymz(m): 3:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
And my argument is that it is a human thing to feel left behind and should not be viewed any other way. That some other person choose to feign it and act like they are not bothered does not necessarily mean that the emotionally expressive woman should do the same. And trust me, this also goes for the male folks as well. Any man that is able and capable but is not able to keep a woman is not seen any differently his female counter part, except that he has the luxury of age which a woman does not. It is very normal for one to feel pressured if all you do every saturday is attend friends' and family members' wedding alone with no prospects of inviting people to your own.
IrishKez:

I agree with all you wrote cos am a believer in the sanctity of marriage
My argument is in the area of feeling incomplete just because you are not married as a lady

Much respect sir!
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by DrGill(m): 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
Misogynist2014: He married your sister angry

wat a pity... u re just being blindfolded by religious Ignorance...mtchweee
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by onoshenry(m): 4:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
If things are allowed to work out fine from this stage, Pastor Chris and his wife might just be back in each other's embrace. It is possible, keep your fingers crossed and pray for them. Indications have emerged that reconciliation moves are on course between the Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and his wife Rev. Anita, who have been in the news in the past week over the divorce proceedings the latter filed in a court in the UK. - See more at: http://naija-gist..com/2014/09/pastor-chris-oyakhilome-gets-6-weeks-to.html#sthash.1K2LXE0N.dpuf
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Misogynist2014(m): 11:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
DrGill:

What is most captivating about you write up is the tone of pity.You tag me as being ignorant because I reject being a randomly made being.That I am not as free as you are e.g. If you are about calling a pastor a dog,something in your mind tells you it's wrong but since you are free to do as you like once you don't break the constitution of the land,you laugh and boldly write what you wish.That is what you tag pity and blindfolded.
In order to show you I'm not the type that quotes bible to tell prove God's existence,answer every question I ask now: Chris Angels has always made mockery of science,not that those scientific laws are not valid but it's not valid beyond physical realm.Isn't it?But it is true that magicians were known to be good physicists,with good knowledge of natural laws and science in general and were known to be physicians in the early days,before they were wiped out by Catholic church due to their evil ways.Isn't it?Do you know about the story of Moses' snake which swallowed the snakes of the magicians and the Quran(which differs with Bible majorly on Jesus and Isaac) further said the magicians confessed that truely,truely this is God.
With this I tell you that science(physical)cannot define the spiritual but only Spiritual(God) can define physical.And there are many gods but 1 God.
Just answer this question:Is science safe enough to tell us how our world came into existence without involving spiritual realm(given the certainty that science does not always tally with e.g. Magic(spiritual) and Magicians(spiritual) are always good at natural laws and science,proving that science can be brought out of spiritual realm and not the other way round ) and why? Don't ask me any question until you've answered this.If you may like to have one more question,how can a random world(big bang) produce Magicians and people like Ilan Smith,who saw the future and told us who won the world cup,the man who scored and the time he scored.I HOPE YOU'LL ANSWER THIS QUESTIONS,IT IS UNTIL WHEN YOU ANSWER THAT I WILL KNOW WHO IS TRUELY IGNORANT. grin
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Misogynist2014(m): 11:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
DrGill:

pardon my errors
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by DrGill(m): 6:06am On Sep 12, 2014
Misogynist2014: What is most captivating about you write up is the tone of pity.You tag me as being ignorant because I reject being a randomly made being.That I am not as free as you are e.g. If you are about calling a pastor a dog,something in your mind tells you it's wrong but since you are free to do as you like once you don't break the constitution of the land,you laugh and boldly write what you wish.That is what you tag pity and blindfolded.
In order to show you I'm not the type that quotes bible to tell prove God's existence,answer every question I ask now: Chris Angels has always made mockery of science,not that those scientific laws are not valid but it's not valid beyond physical realm.Isn't it?But it is true that magicians were known to be good physicists,with good knowledge of natural laws and science in general and were known to be physicians in the early days,before they were wiped out by Catholic church due to their evil ways.Isn't it?Do you know about the story of Moses' snake which swallowed the snakes of the magicians and the Quran(which differs with Bible majorly on Jesus and Isaac) further said the magicians confessed that truely,truely this is God.
With this I tell you that science(physical)cannot define the spiritual but only Spiritual(God) can define physical.And there are many gods but 1 God.
Just answer this question:Is science safe enough to tell us how our world came into existence without involving spiritual realm(given the certainty that science does not always tally with e.g. Magic(spiritual) and Magicians(spiritual) are always good at natural laws and science,proving that science can be brought out of spiritual realm and not the other way round ) and why? Don't ask me any question until you've answered this.If you may like to have one more question,how can a random world(big bang) produce Magicians and people like Ilan Smith,who saw the future and told us who won the world cup,the man who scored and the time he scored.I HOPE YOU'LL ANSWER THIS QUESTIONS,IT IS UNTIL WHEN YOU ANSWER THAT I WILL KNO?W WHO IS TRUELY IGNORANT. grin

U re askin questions DAT ain't related to my comment....I only said u re being blindfolded by religious ignorance... datz all
hw does d questions u pasted relate?
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Misogynist2014(m): 9:37am On Sep 12, 2014
DrGill:

U re askin questions DAT ain't related to my comment....I only said u re being blindfolded by religious ignorance... datz all
hw does d questions u pasted relate?
Religion stems from the belief in a spiritual being.Isn't it?Big bang and science stems from natural laws and theory.Isn't it?Then my question to you as an atheist is:If magic can defy natural laws e.g. Chris Angels has defied a lot of natural laws.Is it still right to use science when we are explaining how our world came into existence ? If so,could you please explain with the aid of science,how magicians and future seers came into existence?Scientists say they no only 4% of our universe(though I know it's much smaller),yet many want us to discard the remainder,just to support a 'make up' theory(not yet proven to satisfaction) which I know is a patched work.
You said Jesus had a wife.Didn't you?Prove it to me.Tell me how a man could have a wife and children,and all this details get hidden,even from the general public that saw them everyday :O ,only for a scrap(which has been proved to be forged)to come out to say he had a wife. grin
Like I said in my former post, atheists use their ideas to justify whatever they do,since they belief they are accountable to no one. sad
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by LORETA: 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
@ jenneylove...you talking about someone insulting you..just look at your language............................you woke up this morning and the first thing you did is to throw insult at me....you must be very stupidd and madd. You and your entire family is foolish.

common babe..its not a good attitude from a woman.remember you a lady..it send wrong messages toabout you..you might not need to care.......but the resonable ones would think wrong of you..ok..ok dont use that word..if you care you should apologize to him.......this world is small ok
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 13, 2014
prettyamanda: D beautiful ones are not yet born
chai as I see ur profile pic I just dey release.hey na wa o,are a nigerian?
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by rattlesnake(m): 11:44am On Sep 13, 2014

1 billion likes
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by laudate: 12:43am On Sep 18, 2014
Going through this thread, it is obvious that a lot of posters have decided that the reason a lot of beautiful girls are still single, is because they are arrogant, snobbish and promiscuous.

It is not always true. One should look at all sides of the coin. sad

Promiscuity has little to do with beauty. In my opinion, I have seen a lot of plain girls that are promiscuous. Some of them feel that because they fall short in the 'looks' department, they have to flaunt their other 'God-given' assets around quite liberally, in order to hook a man. Before a man says, "how do you do?" They are quite happy to say 'I do!' shocked

I have seen beautiful girls that are quite humble, simple, unassuming and ready to listen to any polite gentle man that seeks to have an audience with them. I have also seen plain girls that are cast in the same mould. It cuts both ways.

Let me share a real-life example with you. I had a female classmate in university who was quite pretty. A real stunning chick. She had a huge chunk of admirers, but she fell for this poor ,but hard working young man who often came round to our campus to visit his younger sister. He spotted my classmate, chased her and to cut the long story short, finally caught her. They dated on and off for several years. Everyone assumed they were altar bound. undecided Both of them came from different ethnic groups.

He was her very first boyfriend, and she was ever so faithful to this guy. sad Anyway, by the time she was about to clock 30, she started dropping subtle hints about how it was way past time for the guy to go and see her parents.

He kept resisting, using his financial situation as an excuse. He kept saying he didn't have enough money to take on a wife. When she finally got tired, she issued an ultimatum, thinking it would bring him to his senses. For where??!

The guy stylishly turned round and dumped her, and less than 3 months later, married another girl from his tribe. cry We later heard that his parents had threatened to disown him, if he brought home any girl that was not from their own part of the country. angry

My classmate almost had a nervous breakdown. cryThis guy was her 1st and only boyfriend, for so many years. Now she is almost clocking 40, but she is still unmarried as she has found it difficult to pick up the pieces of her life. She keeps wondering if the men really like her for who she is, or if they are just going to use and dump her, like her ex- did.

There are so many reasons why beautiful girls remain single, which has nothing to do with pride.

It could be due to :

a). Rejection from their suitor's parents, who want their sons to marry within their own ethnic group;

b). It could be due to genotype incompatibility (e.g. AS vs. AS sub-groups that could give rise to sickle cell children); lipsrsealed

c); Spiritual issues (e.g. ancestral / generational matters etc);

d). Medical problems etc,

Abeg, the list dey long!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 9:05am On Sep 18, 2014
^^^ You are wise sir.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by raptor123(m): 11:36am On Sep 29, 2014
even though my brother here is uncensored i agree with him on number 1 AND 3
hotwax:

The bolded is what hopelessly single ladies always want us to see.
However, I am not here to lash single ladies. We all have our problems. Even there are guys out there who are still single.

The problem is multifaceted
1. Some beautiful ladies find it difficult to keep their man. And when they fail, they still go about claiming to be in a relationship. They make people around them believe they in a serious relationship. This is physiologically linked with pride. They don't want people to look at them and say "You are this beautiful and still single. Is there anything wrong with you?". This further creates more problems for them, as men (serious ones) will see them as already engaged whereas, they are single.

2. Promiscuous life:- I have dated a beautiful lady...whenever, she is with me, she answer calls like a customer care personnel. She has like 300 guys on her bbm. She is always on her bbm 24-7. Do you expect me to marry someone like that? Trust me Jibike is still single till now. I have heard she is doing introduction for 3 times, all failing, those guys running away at the end of the day (like I did). Beauty is a gift from God, but if you let it get into your head, you are just a fck meat. I understand, the societal pressure on beautiful girls. Men want to leak their honey pot. But, they are all Market noise (Yoruba adage)

3. Womanhood and value: - If you are beautiful without character, then forget it. No man want to marry a nagging wife who is gonna make his life miserable for the end of his life. I cant marry a woman who will tempt me to beat her.
WHat most ladies dont know is, a moderate (not so beautiful or average) lady with good character is like a Gold. No man will resist that. Sorry to say, men derive the same pleasure from all virgi.nas. So basing marriage on having sex with a beautiful woman is childish. They all have the same hole...and a tight a hole is even better. So a beautiful with loose hole has not value. Men even want to marry a woman that will give him rest of mind. Not a flashy plastic men will be flocking around

I can continue to say on and on and on....

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Aitee1: 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
hotwax:

Hello,

No one is attacking pretty girls. No one is saying they have character issues.

Let all pretty girls be X
Let all Single pretty girls be X1
Let single pretty girls with repugnant character be X2

Therefore, J=X1(X), X1 is a subset X
Let K= X2(J) X1 is a subset of J

From my maths Jargon up there, we can conclude that not all pretty single girls have character issue. However, Character issue is why some of them are still single. I must say, most ugly girls are more well behaved. They have no beauty to push them around. SO their character is their selling point. And it works for them than pretty arrogant girls.

Go to any wedding. Iyawo will be ugly, but her gown ladies beautiful and all single.

summarizing women with maths?

Now this is serious...

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by eckersley: 11:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
MizMyColi:
No, it isn't.
It inspired albeit, if that makes it a rebuttal, fine smiley

Now you know why it doesn't qualify as a rebuttal.
I meant to reach out to a certain category of people.
Female folks out there, who genuinely seek happiness but have been or close to being pressured out of it, by societal standards and expectations.

[b][/b]
That's Harsh and mean.
That said, I do not advocate the idea of "independent single woman"

And so should be reduced to "nothings", spoken and addressed in disdainful manners by "so called" family and friends?

That doesn't make it ideal, does it?
LoL......
You think I don't?
You see, therein lies the problem.
There's a mentality we need to change.
As a guy, as a lady, you do not need marriage to complete you (little wonder we're so husband-centric).
Am I against marriage, NO! who does that?

What I'm saying is that desperation has become the order of the day just so ladies can join the "elite few"
In pursuit of marriage (not happiness) ladies tend to loose ourselves.
Ask those who are really happy in their marriages, they weren't desperate.
They led their lives, they felt complete, they felt whole.
They understand what it means to love and be comfy with self (that's what attracts and keeps a man, all things being equal).

If that's what you think, then I think you're a tad bit insensitive.
Of course it will get to people who are not mentally as prepared or haven't developed turtle shells for varying opinions on here.
Opinions are that important to people that a newspaper house allots full or half page to varying kinds (ask TheSun and Punch)
The vice chairman of The Sun Newspapers, Dimgba Igwe's (of blessed memory) opinion is what might have led to his untimely death.
Ask Ken Saro Wiwa too.
They all started from opinions..........
Opinions do influence people's thinking, some in a positive light, others in a negative light.
People carry life and death in their tongue, hands in this case.
We need to be careful with our words, we should learn to build others and not tear them down with our words.
A lot of people with varying issues visit this site daily.
Why allow what they see compound problems for them?

Heck the people I'm speaking for right now may not know me, but I'll stand for what is right even if I stand alone.
smiley

From ur write up, I estimate u r nt 18 yet or you are in ds unfortunate category
[No worry, in a few yrs body go soon tell u- and u become a
desperate single chasing men around, u go understand.
Nobody dey tell ogoron/frog to jump] .

ENOUGH cool.
JUST DROP UR PHONE NUMBER ON NTA, SO ALL BEAUTIFUL BUT
UNMARRIED NIGERIAN LADIES K REACH U.
Thereafter, find them husbands and close this thread, Dr.[Mrs.]Phil
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by disloman(m): 11:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
jennylove7575:
is this your other profile?....your mama Na lying b1tch
No wonder u remain single.worthless slut
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Sleeksylvia(f): 3:27pm On Oct 13, 2014
For those who wanted my profile pic, I've uploaded it. Pls make una no dey take dis issue serious n insult una self
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by davidif: 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2016
MizMyColi:

The quote below might inspire someone out there, so I thought to share here, with permission from my diary:
"I'd rather be the prize you felt you deserved, than be the option you felt forced to settle for. If we BOTH don't feel blessed to have one another, then we shouldn't be together." ~Rob Hill Sr.
wink

Preach.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

If You Were Asked To Get Married Under This Condition / LADIES: Mention The Things You Need From Your Man To Make You Loyal To Him / Reasons Why People Engage In Premarital Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.