Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly (35063 Views)

Desmond Elliot & Lagos House Of Assembly Members At US Conference (Photos) / Desmond Elliot Shares Photo Of His First Sitting At The Lagos House Of Assembly / The Car That Took Desmond Elliot To His Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by swezenberg(m): 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

Modify what exactly?

You know what? I can't drag your title with you. You are the legitimate heir to the throne of simpleton.

May your reign be long.

Lesson for you. Think before you post. See as everybody dey attack you. Swallow your pride. You are wrong. Do you need a toddler to come and tell you.

As for me I have lost hope in helping you. May people not lose hope on us.

5 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
swezenberg:

Lesson for you. Think before you post. See as everybody dey attack you. Swallow your pride. You are wrong. Do you need a toddler to come and tell you.

As for me I have lost hope in helping you. May people not lose hope on us.

A million of you Never reach. I eradicate dumb people for a living.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Ghost01(m): 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
Good for him! But even I wouldn't vote for him. When it was convenient for him, he hid the SOLA in his name from the general public. Now that he feels he needs it, he suddenly remembers that he has OLUSOLA as one of his names. It looks dubious somehow! This isn't about tribe, it is simply politics!

8 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ibedun: 1:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
So long you are from the SS/SE SSE SES or whatever you be IBO!

Na so my mama tell me! No matter my Msc. or whatever, na so my mama tell me!!

So Mr Elliot You be IBO! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy: His name don already disqualify him. He better revert back to his Yoruba last name.

Moreso he is half Igbo.

Yeye dey smell so now he remembers his real first name? When he needed to get into nollywood he discarded his Yoruba identity so as to be accepted fully into the ibo industry.

Nonsense and alubosa!

He is not even married to a Yoruba o.

Fam, I admire your courage with speaking your mind with no holds barred, unlike all these other folks who're inherently bigoted, but revel in trying to protect a fraudulent image on a faceless forum.

So, basically, this nyggah right here is reminiscent of an Uncle Tom who has never associated with the black community, but decided to align himself with his own people after getting the negro-wake-up-call? That's definitely an unacceptable behaviour. Just because he wanted to make it big, in a medieval and tribalistic movie industry, that churns out the crappiest movies ever known to mankind - with utter poor acting and useless scripts, no? Anyway, that's why the prerequisite for contesting an election, to be voted for, everywhere on the planet - is based on how long you've lived in a place and if you can prove beyond reasonable doubt that you can relate to the people within that constituency - and see yourself as part of them. To contest for an election in the UK, you've to show your Britishness. And it's the same everywhere else.

Regardless, you can't blame him for that. Sometimes, you can't blame folks for whatever they do to to become a success story. Hence people ditch ethnic and African names sometimes for job opportunities due to institutional racism. Perhaps, that movie industry needs to be called out, for not giving all Nigerians equal opportunities, and being disproportionately in favour of a particular group - since it represents Nigeria and the national language of the country, which is the English language.

Well, if the shitty nollywood should be the premise of how he's going to perform - then ol'boy needs to stick to being a crappy actor, and not destroy my darn home state!

Salute!

7 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Collynzo17: 1:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
oboman: The problem people have with Desmond Elliot's political ambition is Lagos State is because he hasn't been true to his identity.....

I never knew he is a Yoruba man until I clicked on this post, which doesn't bode well with Nigerian politics, where identity matters more....

People who are accusing Desmond Elliot are accusing him based on his sudden change of name when he sees fit.... Why hasn't he embraced the ''SOLA'' name in Nollywood? Is it because he is scared most Igbo producers in Nollywood won't pick him for roles?

Is he just a trickster that appears Igbo when he goes into Nollywood and appears Yoruba when he intends to go into Lagos politics? This is why people don't trust him and not because of his mixed heritage...
So the Igbo producers that picked Omotola, Olu Jacobs, Akintola and other Yorubas in Nollywood didn't notice their Yoruba names? You are just a bloody tribal bigot, no need to pretend about it, it is nothing new on Nairaland.

7 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Anacksunamun: 1:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
Amaaskia: haha as in. I'm weak. I had deactivated and hurricane hack truly brought it back. I've been trying to deactivate cos I get addicted and its not working. sad once the de-activate thingy is fixed, I'm off oo. smiley

LOL. I'm glad it brought you back though. tongue yeah, you are right. NL is addictive I tell ya. I think you should just log off entirely because the C.E.O has refused to activate the "deactivation" feature. He's decided to cage us inside. But if you can work on your "addictiveness," it'll better because the deactivation won't be working at all, or anytime soon.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by basty: 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
Aton rin wa, a stranger in my father's house.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by omololu2020(m): 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
ibedun: So long you are from the SS/SE SSE SES or whatever you be IBO!

Na so my mama tell me! No matter my Msc. or whatever, na so my mama tell me!!

So Mr Elliot You be IBO! grin grin grin

dis ur post made me LOMFA.....d pple of anambra didnt vote en mass for ngige cox dey said he is contestin in a yoruba party,,,even d leader of APGA said dey will neva let AWOLOWO pple rule ova an igbo state,,,n i didnt see any igbo lambastin eze,,,no igbo man will eva rule on yoruba soil in my life time

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Collynzo17: 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
Omotola Jalade Ekihinde has 3 strong Yoruba names but it didn't stop her from being a success in Nollywood.
For those claiming Nollywood is tribalistic.

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2014
Collynzo17:
So the Igbo producer that picked Omotola, Olu Jacobs, Akintola and other Yorubas in Nollywood didn't notice their Yoruba names? You are just a bloody tribal bigot, no need to pretend about it, it is nothing new on Nairaland.

The aforementioned actors made a name before the ibo producers hijacked the movie industry. As a matter of fact, these names helped launch a lot of the producers into prominence and not the other way around. The likes of omotola made her name when the Opa Williams', the Simi Opeoluwas, thé Amatas, the Tade Ogidans ran thé show.

Desmond Elliot is part of thé second génération that came when thé ibo producers had infiltrated the market.

The names you mentioned were established household names so it is in ibo marketers interest to take advantage.

5 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by leo1234(m): 2:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

We thank God o, markate dey move.
Good to know grin
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by superstar1(m): 2:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
The guy should go to wherever he is from and contest there.

What is his father's name. What is his Oriki, what is his compound name. All that will tell how much of yoruba he is.

Nigeria is not America, that is a no man's land. A scottish is a Scottish, a Welsh is one and an irish will forever be, likewise an English.

He is from the east of the Niger and it should go back there to contest.

We are tribalistic and there is no apology to anybody's father.

7 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Collynzo17: 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

The aforementioned actors made a name before the ibo producers hijacked the movie industry. As a matter of fact, these names helped launch a lot of the producers into prominence and not the other way around. The likes of omotola made her name when the Opa Williams', the Simi Opeoluwas, thé Amatas, the Tade Ogidans ran thé show.

Desmond Elliot is part of thé second génération that came when thé ibo producers had infiltrated the market.

The names you mentioned were established household names so it is in ibo marketers interest to take advantage.
Your fake revisionism cannot work, what were her first movies and who produced them?
All her early movies were by Igbo producers
Omotola was discovered by Reginald Ebere an Igbo man and the director of her very first movie ''venom of justice''. Everything you wrote up there is false.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoEI4uh49Vw

7 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
handysuzy:

The fact you have never heard him converse in Yoruba language doesnt make him any less a Yoruba man, and as for his movie roles, any actor can chose where they deem best for them to fit in. Ramsey Nouah is also Yoruba from Ondo state and you barely see him in Yoruba movies or speak the language. Kelvin Ikeduba is purely an Igbo guy, delta-igbo I guess, yet he acts in only Yoruba movies and I have never heard him speak his native language. Mercy Aigbe is Edo yet she acts in Yoruba movies only and speak the language fluently. Desmond we all know speak only English. I have never heard him speak Yoruba nor Igbo

Ramsey noah's (runaway)dad is a lebanese and his mum is from ondo state, so he is not exactly full blooded yoruba.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by uzolexis(f): 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

I hope you feel a lot better after exercising your right to drivel.
call it whatever you like but i truly hope you got the msg for your own good and the good of our society.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ibedun: 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
superstar1: The guy should go to wherever he is from and contest there.
What is his father's name. What is his Oriki, what is his compound name. All that will tell how much of yoruba he is.
Nigeria is not America, that is a no man's land. A scottish is a Scottish, a Welsh is one and an irish will forever be, likewise an English.

Thank you jare my brother.

The yeye boy be IBO!!

And we should get him done for identity fraud for adding Olusola to his name.

Omo Nna buruku. Igbo wan rule Lagos!!!

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
Collynzo17:
Your fake revisionism cannot work, what were her first movies and who produced them?
All her early movies where by Igbo producers
Omotola was discovered by Reginald Ebere an Igbo man and the director of her very first movie ''venom of justice''. Everything you wrote up there is false.

Mortal inheritance made Omotola Jalade and propelled her into prominence. The movie was directed by Fred Amata and released in 1995.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Collynzo17: 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2014

He is from Lagos, he is contesting there and has more stake in Lagos than you guys from Osun villages claiming Lagosians.
Get that?

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by uzolexis(f): 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
Nigeria should peacefully break up already,most of the comments I see here are pathetic. We do not like ourselves, why are we pretending? I used to advocate 1 Nigeria but the more I go to 9ja sites and see the tribal wars and hateful comments i just get really discouraged.

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by rman: 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
Tribalism will soon consume Nigeria.

When I have assumed it is only a few user names that does that often, new ones keep coming up. Unfortunately, I assume they are all youths. Evil has triumphed over good in Nigeria.

It is disappointing that instead of us to see the infusion of these young talented people into politics as a breath of fresh air, all we saw was is he Igbo or Yoruba. As a young man, I will definitely vote for 9ce, Desmond Elliot and Julius Agwu, I don't think they can be worse than the comedians we have in leadership position across board presently

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Anacksunamun: 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
Collynzo17:
So the Igbo producers that picked Omotola, Olu Jacobs, Akintola and other Yorubas in Nollywood didn't notice their Yoruba names? You are just a bloody tribal bigot, no need to pretend about it, it is nothing new on Nairaland.
Please ignore that Bigot. Omotola and Olu Jacobs must be Igbos before they blew, shey? Olu Jacobs plays Igbo roles and there's no fuss about it. No bigotry about it, yet when a Nigerian wants to contest for a post, the absence of his surname is used to start a campaign of calumny against him. Bigotry makes a learned person, a dumbáss. You are arguing with a rock. Let the bigot be.

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by omazus: 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
Is this the level of hate you have for Igbo? Too acidic. Rejecting your own because he works in the same industry with Igbo. Heheheheee. Nigeria. I'm not a supporter of APC but I will mobilise heavily for this guy. Let's hope all other men of reason will unite with him and send him to the House.
handysuzy:

I know of Lagosians with the names: Benson, Da Silva, Bernard, Coker, Fernandez, Peterside et al, all Yorubas. Desmond is Yoruba and he is more of Yoruba than Ibo.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2014

Lmao...superstar like Lupe with no fiasco. Are you following the Scottish referendum and how the Scots in Scotland have disowned the London Scots? grin These folks just label everything as tribalism and bigotry due to inbred ignorance. Protecting an identity has absolutely nothing to do with both.

Northern Ireland is in the UK, while Rep. Of Ireland is in a different country. Rory McIlroy, the golfer, who's from Northern Ireland, announced a few months ago that he's going to represent Rep. of Ireland, at the Olympics in Brazil 2016, and not Great Britain - because of his Irish identity. All hell didn't break loose because of that.

If the guy in question has never associated himself with his identity - I see no reason why people should cry foul if those from his group choose to dissociate themselves from him. He looks like a fraudster! Anyway, I don't understand why some Nigerians have two ENglish names, to be honest - the guy is an idi.ot. Desmond Elliot, ya know - fvcking slave! Even those who lost their identities are trying to get African names.

10 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ibedun: 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
Celebrate your tribe - We are all tribalist and no apologies from me, dont get carried away with the fake country Nigeria with a fake CONSTITUTION

the first words of your 419 constitution starts with

"We the people..................................."

Desmond abeg go join APGA!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
uzolexis:
call it whatever you like but i truly hope you got the msg for your own good and the good of our society.

Do you normally understand gibberish?

Well, I don't.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Collynzo17: 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

Mortal inheritance made Omotola Jalade and propelled her into prominence. The movie was directed by Fred Amata and released in 1995.
Mortal Inheritance was directed by Andy Amenechi a core Igbo man, Fred Amata who isn't Yoruba by the way was an actor in the movie just like Omotola.
All her early movies were by Igbo producers and directors, the more you continue to defend you lies, the deeper you sink.

7 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

I know that he claims that his father is Yoruba but Elliot is not a very well known name in Lagos. One thing is certain and that is he is not Awori so probably from a family of slave returnee or creole. He has shot himself in the foot by embracing his Igbo side when it suited him in neglect of his Yoruba origin so he should not be allowed to take all by some claim of half lagosianism.

He is more ibo than Yoruba, end of!
Guy,just go and rest. what is your own if he claims Yoruba? ,afterall,his father is yoruba. all this jobless guys self.

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Collynzo17: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by superstar1(m): 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
Collynzo17:
He is from Lagos, he is contesting there and has more stake in Lagos than you guys from Osun villages claiming Lagosians.
Get that?

Get it into your head, staying in Lagos does not make him an indigene. He is not the son of Oduduwa. Period and we will show him the way to his village.

That is what the constitution tells us. He will go to America, if he wants to contest in a no man's land.

An indigene of any hamlet in.Osun or Ondo or Ekiti or Oyo or yoruba speaking parts of kogi Kwara and edo has more stake in Lagos than any shidebere or shindinma or shindodo.

9 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Missy89(f): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
pipe dream
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Collynzo17: 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
superstar1:

Get it into your head, staying in Lagos does not make him one. He is now the son of Oduduwa. Period and we will show him the way to his village.

That what the constitution tells us. He will go to America, if he wants to contest in a no man's land.

An indigene of any hamlet in.Osun or Ondo or Ekiti or Oyo or yoruba speaking parts of kogi Kwara and edo has more stake in Lagos than any shidebere or shindinma or shindodo.
He isn't a Lagosion by merely staying in Lagos, he is Lagosian by blood, has more stakes in the state than you Osun indigene can ever have.
Get that into your skull.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

BREAKING: INEC Declares Muhammadu Buhari Winner Of 2019 Presidential Polls / Buhari Receives His Portrait From Nigerians In Ethiopia As Gift / Militants : Don Wanney Of Omoku And His Group Lay Down Their Arms - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.