Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly (35067 Views)

Desmond Elliot & Lagos House Of Assembly Members At US Conference (Photos) / Desmond Elliot Shares Photo Of His First Sitting At The Lagos House Of Assembly / The Car That Took Desmond Elliot To His Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by uzolexis(f): 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
sugaarbear: good one .....abeg one bottle of alomo for this guy pls.....
I no be guy o abeg. I'd prefer red wine smiley

Asoozy:

Do you make I do me abeg.
Keep doing you. all your comments are about whether he is igbo or yoruba,nothing about whether he is actually good and the what he can bring to the table. Shame on you,pple like you are the ones pulling us back to the stone age in this 21st century and you'll be the 1st ones to open your mouth and condemn Nigeria when you have not made any +ve contribution and you won allow others make +ve contribution to it's growth too. Anybody that was born and grew up in a state can contest for a post in that state whether his parents are from there or not. Thankfully u have just 1 vote like everybody else so all dis noise u r making is just pointless.

9 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by epospiky(m): 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
Oh. He seemed to have done with the NollyWood money. It's know time to target 'the real government money'.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Tonylyte(m): 12:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
Tunjasko: first na Kate hensaw...9ice...Julius agwu...Nd nw Desmond.....hin be as if say entertainment no dey bring money again nw na politics.......in future...everytin equal....am also gonna join politics
U forgot tony one week.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by sirjohnson(m): 12:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
IamChuks:

Ramson Noah Yoruba? say u are kidding me....

Nope I am not, He is.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by mannyiyke: 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
CoolHunk: I thought he was from the East. Oh well, may the best man win.
His moda is Igbo but his fada is yoruba(Lagos State precisely).
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by anonimi: 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
We should support more of people like him to reduce the presence of thugs & touts in our political space.
Support means VOLUNTEER time, ideas, efforts, talents and donate money. Identifying and encouraging potential candidates is also a plus.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by fireforfire: 1:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hmmm... olusola keh

lol..... desmond elliot ur a joker.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by experimentist: 1:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
YoursGEJ: All of you that are speculating on his tribe as the most important thing should close your worm-infested mouths and shove your comments up a place where sunlight does not get to. Why can't you ask about his agenda or plans? Forget corruption and bad leadership, I swear the masses constitute a majority of the problem this country is facing. Alright regarding previous occupants of that seat, I can bet that most of you cannot name a single thing that they contributed to the community or a bill they have sponsored in the house. But you'd rather let them continue unchallenged in their position. Why? Because both of their parents are Lagosians. Imagine that your car broke down and what is most important to you is whether the mechanic that is trying to fix it is from your village even though all the previous mechanics who have tried but failed to fix it were all from your village. This politics of tribalism has led Nigeria nowhere especially under this current democratic dispensation. When military regimes used administrators from other parts of the country to rule a state, Nigeria saw more development that indigenous politicians have never been able to replicate be it at the federal, state or local level.

You should all bow your heads in shame and look to change your ways because you are enemies of progress to this country

And by the way, if the constitution says he is eligible to contest for that seat, as can be ascertained by INEC, there is nothing you can do to stop him. So look for the nearest transformer and do this country a favour by doing the needful
59th to like...

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
uzolexis:
I no be guy o abeg. I'd prefer red wine smiley

Keep doing you. all your comments are about whether he is igbo or yoruba,nothing about whether he is actually good and the what he can bring to the table. Shame on you,pple like you are the ones pulling us back to the stone age in this 21st century and you'll be the 1st ones to open your mouth and condemn Nigeria when you have not made any +ve contribution and you won allow others 2 make +ve contribution to it's growth too. Anybody that was born and grew up in a state can contest for a post in that state whether his parents are from there or not. Thankfully u have just 1 vote like everybody else so all dis noise u r making is just pointless.

I hope you feel a lot better after exercising your right to drivel.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Neinah(f): 1:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
YoursGEJ: All of you that are speculating on his tribe as the most important thing should close your worm-infested mouths and shove your comments up a place where sunlight does not get to. Why can't you ask about his agenda or plans? Forget corruption and bad leadership, I swear the masses constitute a majority of the problem this country is facing. Alright regarding previous occupants of that seat, I can bet that most of you cannot name a single thing that they contributed to the community or a bill they have sponsored in the house. But you'd rather let them continue unchallenged in their position. Why? Because both of their parents are Lagosians. Imagine that your car broke down and what is most important to you is whether the mechanic that is trying to fix it is from your village even though all the previous mechanics who have tried but failed to fix it were all from your village. This politics of tribalism has led Nigeria nowhere especially under this current democratic dispensation. When military regimes used administrators from other parts of the country to rule a state, Nigeria saw more development that indigenous politicians have never been able to replicate be it at the federal, state or local level.

You should all bow your heads in shame and look to change your ways because you are enemies of progress to this country

And by the way, if the constitution says he is eligible to contest for that seat, as can be ascertained by INEC, there is nothing you can do to stop him. So look for the nearest transformer and do this country a favour by doing the needful

I gave you your 61st like...GOD BLESS YOU!!!

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
The problem people have with Desmond Elliot's political ambition is Lagos State is because he hasn't been true to his identity.....

I never knew he is a Yoruba man until I clicked on this post, which doesn't bode well with Nigerian politics, where identity matters more....

People who are accusing Desmond Elliot are accusing him based on his sudden change of name when he sees fit.... Why hasn't he embraced the ''SOLA'' name in Nollywood? Is it because he is scared most Igbo producers in Nollywood won't pick him for roles?

Is he just a trickster that appears Igbo when he goes into Nollywood and appears Yoruba when he intends to go into Lagos politics? This is why people don't trust him and not because of his mixed heritage...

12 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by zoopepe(m): 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
I don't know why people want to kill themselves over where someone comes from, we are always having this issue of tribalism whenever it comes to politics. How come no one ask where our footballers are from? Desmond's speaks youruba but not fluently, at least, I have seen him acted in one Yoruba movie, eji owuro by bimbo Oshin, years back. That's why we are where we are. Those your villagers that are in power, what have they done? Am not surprised, David's father did not even remember him when it came to issue of politics until Samuel asked

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by swezenberg(m): 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy or na Asoogoat

Accept it you messed up. Everybody saw what you were driving at. She got you and corrected you to trim that your ego and bring down your bigotry. You must be shedding tears now.

5 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 1:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
oboman: The problem people have with Desmond Elliot's political ambition is Lagos State is because he hasn't been true to his identity.....

I never knew he is a Yoruba man until I clicked on this post, which doesn't bode well with Nigerian politics, where identity matters more....

People who are accusing Desmond Elliot are accusing him based on his sudden change of name, when he sees fit.... Why hasn't he embraced the ''SOLA'' name in Nollywood? Is it because he is scared most Igbo producers in Nollywood won't pick him for roles?

Is he just a trickster that appears Igbo when he goes into Nollywood and appears Yoruba when he intends to go into Lagos politics? This is why people don't trust him and not because of his mixed heritage...

I admire your patience at expressing simple common sense to simpletons.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by swezenberg(m): 1:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
oboman: The problem people have with Desmond Elliot's political ambition is Lagos State is because he hasn't been true to his identity.....

People who are accusing Desmond Elliot are accusing him based on his sudden change of name when he sees fit.... Why hasn't he embraced the ''SOLA'' name in Nollywood? Is it because he is scared most Igbo producers in Nollywood won't pick him for roles?

He feels he won't get a role because he's a Yoruba man which is usually the case in Nollywood
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by MrDoGood(m): 1:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
na him sabi

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 1:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
swezenberg: Asoozy or na Asoogoat

Accept it you messed up. Everybody saw what you were driving at. She got you and corrected you to trim that your ego and bring down your bigotry. You must be shedding tears now.

You are right.

I shed a tear for you.

And yes, a broken clock is right at least twice in a day so she was right.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by naijalien: 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
suddenly, he has a Yoruba name - Olusola! Which didn't fit into the previous package unfortunately he needs it now. Naija!

6 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
this asoozy guy is a very big disgrace to humanity!!! that guyis worse than ebola ,HIV and can cer combined.Thank God he has little or no influence outside his miserable chinco phone keypad that he is using

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 1:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
swezenberg:

He feels he won't get a role because he's a Yoruba man which is usually the case in Nollywood

But you accuse me of 'tribalism'?

The bulb in your head has burnt out. Replace it sharpish!

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
chukwudi44: this asoozy guy is a very big disgrace to humanity!!! that guyis worse than ebola ,HIV and can cer combined.Thank God he has littlemor no influence outside his miserable chinco phone keypad that he is using

You must be that village clown.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by swezenberg(m): 1:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

But you accuse me of 'tribalism'?

The bulb in your head has burnt out. Replace it sharpish!

So you finally agree you are a tribalist. Now that you have agreed, you are forgiven. Go and sin no more.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by vigasimple(m): 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
The point ordinary people are making is that Desmond Elliott has at no point well known to majority of the people especially the Yoruba lagosians to be a Yoruba man. All of a sudden because he is seeking political office add Olusola to his name.

It bring about suspicion and trust issue. And in all honesty, he has identity crises issue or he is completely dishonest, and would do well in politics, because that is their trademark.

Is it me or anyone notice the choice of name OLUSOLA, and SARAKI of Ilorin, who always add or change his name to ABUBAKAR during presidential election to say he is a Northerner.

On another point, look at APC manifesto, it is very clear, they are a party of little substance.

I smell national cake sharing here, but diaris body oh

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by vigasimple(m): 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
vigasimple:
The point ordinary people are making is that Desmond Elliott has at no point well known to majority of the people especially the Yoruba lagosians to be a Yoruba man. All of a sudden because he is seeking political office add Olusola to his name.

It bring about suspicion and trust issue. And in all honesty, he has identity crises issue or he is completely dishonest, and would do well in politics, because that is their trademark.

Is it me or anyone notice the choice of name OLUSOLA, and SARAKI of Ilorin, who always add or change his name to ABUBAKAR during presidential election to say he is a Northerner.

On another point, look at APC manifesto, it is very clear, they are a party of little substance.

I smell national cake sharing here, but diaris godu oh

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 1:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
swezenberg:

So you finally agree you are a tribalist. Now that you have agreed, you are forgiven. Go and sin no more.

The dumb carnival must be in full swing. Did you fall off your wagon?

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
vigasimple:

I smell national cake sharing here, but diaris body oh

Your head is there!

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by NaLaugh: 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2014

cool

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by swezenberg(m): 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

The dumb carnival must be in full swing. Did you fall off your wagon?

There is no point deviating. Unfortunately you can not modify your previous posts because I have copied you. Go and see if you can bribe Nairaland moderators. Oh! I forgot you might not find a bigot like you among Nairaland moderators. May be you should just resort to my initial advice of hugging a transformer or travel fast to Liberia. You know what I mean.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
swezenberg:

There is no point deviating. Unfortunately you can not modify your previous posts because I have copied you. Go and see if you can bribe Nairaland moderators. Oh! I forgot you might not find a bigot like you among Nairaland moderators. May be you should just resort to my initial advice of hugging a transformer or travel fast to Liberia. You know what I mean.

Modify what exactly?

You know what? I can't drag your title with you. You are the legitimate heir to the throne of simpleton.

May your reign be long.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

You must be that village clown.

ode!!! go and stop him from your chinco keypad

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 1:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
chukwudi44:

ode!!! go and stop him from your chinco keypad

Ok, I'll try.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by indoorlove(m): 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
His intention is not for him to win, but to be recognise and probably given an appointment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello: Why Tinubu Should Not Succeed Buhari / How Mysterious Snake Forced Ogun Judge To Release Detained Journalists / FFK Reacts To Buhari’s Meeting With Archbishop Of Canterbury In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.