Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly (35064 Views)

Desmond Elliot & Lagos House Of Assembly Members At US Conference (Photos) / Desmond Elliot Shares Photo Of His First Sitting At The Lagos House Of Assembly / The Car That Took Desmond Elliot To His Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by superstar1(m): 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
nzeBiddle: If we keep sacrificing competence on the altar of pre-mordial ties ie your tribes, religion etc (which we all know are 'biologically artificial') re: judging electoral candidates, then I'm afraid, mediocrity, just like is largely the case with the country's leaders today will continue to be the order of the day for many years to come. To think that many folks on here have conveniently avoided bringing up more salient matters such as his agenda, his antecedents, community involvement etc over the years and went straight to banter about whether he is 'lagosian enough', half this quarter that, igbo mum yoruba dad, cross-river heritage delta heritage and all that nonsense is appalling to say the least. Evidently with nairaland as a sample of a significant proportion of nigerian youths and their views, our political culture has barely moved an inch from what it was in the 50s, 60s and 70s -this in spite of the fact that today's nigerian youth is supposedly far more exposed and literate than what the case during those early post-colonial years. Sadly furthermore these same folks on here are the leaders, voices, opinionists and electorates of tommorow. Yet we keep complaining of failed leadership that has marred the nigerian space across-board throughout the post-independence era. The future looks bleak indeed. Smh

To some, the lack of worthy history and lack of canaan land-like ancestral land, makes them want to always advocate others to jettison their past for them.

Any competent whatsoever, should go back to either sambisa or gully erosion or oil land and turn it into dubai and not our forefathers land.

They should show us the 8th wonder of the world they have achieved on their soil before they can aspire to lead others. The blind is aspiring to lead the full sighted. What an aberration.

6 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by thwarrior72: 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
django1:
Shut up fool, do you simpleton know how many yorubas are in the world? Nonsense.

On nairaland here we know who have been the biggest tribalist. Stwepid idiat!
Hahahaha....Quite been emotional dude, u can counter my assertion without resorting to this infantile behavior. You guys are giving us more reason to believe that vulgarity is an innate constituents of yoruba tribe grin wink

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
django1:

As I suspected, most of you guys talking thrash are PDP, I was starting to wonder when my yoruba people learn to be senselessly tribal? Its all clear now, eyin oloshi.

Very far from the truth. I denounce PDP with every fibre if my being. But in saying that I will not be rail roaded into accepting a chameleon as my rep only because he's an APC candidate. Ko jo!
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

Mortal inheritance made Omotola Jalade and propelled her into prominence. The movie was directed by Fred Amata and released in 1995.
Guy,im sorry for my ealier comment,i can now understand what you were saying,most nls don't. Why doesn't he include Olusola in his name since all this days? Now,he want to go into politics and he now remembered his Yoruba name. Well,goodluck to him.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by thwarrior72: 3:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
superstar1:

To some, the lack of worthy history and lack of canaan land-like ancestral land, makes them want to always advocate others to jettison their past for them.

Any competent whatsoever, should go back to either sambisa or gully erosion or oil land and turn it into dubai and not our forefathers land.

They should show us what 8th wonder of the world they have achieved on their soil before they can aspire tp.lead others. The blind is aspiring to lead the full sighted. What an aberration.

Little boy u are back with your mumuness grin
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by tupacshakur(m): 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
shymexx:

Utter tosh!

His antecedents show he's a fraud, and someone not to be trusted. Evidently, he has absolutely nothing to offer, apart from personal gains - and to continue the pilfering nature and the systematic failure of the average Nigerian politician.

1). He has never aligned himself with the identity of those he's trying to lord over. So, you have to question if he can relate to his community, since he never publicly claimed them.

2). Why did he suddenly change his name, now that it's time to seek favours? - that right there screams fraudster and someone who isn't trustworthy.

He goofed and committed self-inflicted suicide from the get-go. You can't do that in a tribal society with so many fault-lines. The fault-lines might be oblivious to folks living in denial, but those looking from the outside can see them. He's a stupid negro!

Shymexx, My man!

DesBaba na Yoruba guy o and he's very proud of his yoruba lineage.

You claimed he didn't align himself with his people, but how could he have done that when there was no opportunity to do so until now.

He and all his siblings attended the state school, LASU based on their indigeneship status and his Dad was one of the Lagosians the government had to resettle from the Island to Surulere (New Lagos) in the 80s. His Mom still lives in their Dad's house in Surulere.

He didn't change names! He has always been Shola and trust me, his folks and those who know him from way back call him "Shola" and not "Desmond"...
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Collynzo17: 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

Produced, I meant to say.

Zeb Ejiro produced the movie and not Fred Amata as I had erroneously suggested

Zeb Ejiro as I'm sure you know, is not one if yours; he is Edo. At least the name gives it away. So that debunks your claim that the first five movies featuring Omotola were made by ibo movie makers.

Ibos at that time were not prominent in the movie business ( the authentic English movies). It was firmly under the control of the Then Bendel people and they had a nationalistic outlook unlike the tribalistic of today's so called Nollywood English movies.
Please provide a proof that Zeb Ejiro produced the movie, you keep jumping from pillar to post.
Smacks of confusion and lies.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
tupacshakur:

Shymexx, My man!

You claimed he didn't align himself with his people, but how could he have done that when there was no opportunity to do so until now.

He and all all his siblings attended the state school, LASU based on their citizenship status and his Dad was one of the Lagosians the government had to resettle from the Island to Surulere (New Lagos) in the 80s. His Mom still lives in their Dad's house in Surulere.

He didn't change names! He has always been Shola and trust me, his folks and those who know him from way back call him "Shola" and not "Desmond"...

And what is the morale of this story?

That in private he is Yoruba but in public he is ibo?

Did he forget to tell the editors to add his Sola name in the credits?

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by estinjohn(m): 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
DonaldGenes: Hmmph! He should have start from councillorship position to test his popularity before. . . . . . . .
To be cont'd

Mind your grammar....

"He should have started..."
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ibedun: 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
superstar1:

They should show us what 8th wonder of the world they have achieved on their soil before they can aspire tp.lead others. The blind is aspiring to lead the full sighted. What an aberration

GOOD TALK

ACCORDING TO MY MAMA THE BOY NA "IBO"

"OLE" AND "IBO" ARE SYNONIMOUS

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
Collynzo17:
Please provide a proof that Zeb Ejiro produced the movie, you keep jumping from pillar to post.
Smacks of confusion and lies.

http://estarstv.telly4africa.com/?p=477

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ibedun: 3:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
If i hear that IGBO nonsense. See as Olusola suddenly appear!!! Igbo boy

My mama talk say na IBO

"omo ibo" ni boda Desmond

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by tupacshakur(m): 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

And what is the morale of this story?

That in private he is Yoruba but in public he is ibo?

Did he forget to tell the editors to add his Sola name in the credits?

He has always been Yoruba, every time and everywhere!

Did he ever state in public that he's Igbo?

You get sense so?
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
django1:

What's the meaning of all these nonsense?

I bin dey tell you say your people dey do one kind one kind.
The poor guy has a Yoruba dad and Igbo mum.
As far as am concerned, he can benefit from both sides whether nollywood, politics, business, etc as the case maybe.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
focus7: his father or his mother don't have to be a yoruba for him to answer a yoruba name, I know of many igbos who gave a yoruba name to their children and both couples are from the east, beside Desmond Elliot is not an igbo, he is a calaba guy either from Akwa-Ibom or Cross-River.

Elliot has a Yoruba father!
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 3:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
tupacshakur:

He has always been Yoruba, every time and everywhere!

Did he ever state in public that he's Igbo?

You get sense so?

No na you get am pass.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 3:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
Evergreen123:

I bin dey tell you say your people dey do one kind one kind.
The poor guy has a Yoruba dad and Igbo mum.
As far as am concerned, he can benefit from both sides whether nollywood, politics, business, etc as the case maybe.

No one is begrudging him his rights. Some are just pointing out his dubious nature.

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by tojahh(m): 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
Oooooookaaaaaayyyyyy, so because him wan contest for lagos state him come remember him root abi? But wait o lemme ask, if he had decided to contest in Cross River state (as I was made to understand that's where the mother hailed* from) then he would have used a name like this. Behold Your Humble Servant. DESMOND ELLIOT AKPAN. Abi? Bros naija politics has gone beyond roots, if I lie go as Abubakar Saraki Olusola. In naija, its called money votes.

5 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
tupacshakur:
Shymexx, My man!

He and all his siblings attended the state school, LASU based on their indigeneship status and his Dad was one of the Lagosians the government had to resettle from the Island to Surulere (New Lagos) in the 80s. His Mom still lives in their Dad's house in Surulere.

Is that 0merta the thugification? What's good bredrin?

I believe folks on here are just mad because the public image he chose never represented his identity. However, now that he needs them, he remembers them and decided to add a Yoruba name, to his name - ain't that biitch? You can't be a normal negro at home, be an Uncle Tom in public view - and now when you need favours from black folks that you never aligned with in public, he suddenly realised you're one of them. Who does that? Especially in a space that's contested in a tribal society - and somewhere other folks are trying to lay claims to.

He should've done that from the get-go, even if not in an overly overt way - but at least with his name, especially since he had political ambitions. He looks more like a fraud now, to be honest - and he'll need a massive PR campaign to sway most people.

Regardless, he's Yoruba but that nyggah goofed. And personally, I don't like disloyal, fraudulent, and phony folks. Be who you're and rep your identity, no matter the adversities that come with it because at the end of the day, how you're able to overcome those adversities are what would make you a man - against all odds (Makavelli the don right there lol).

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by DonaldGenes(m): 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
estinjohn:

Mind your grammar....

"He should have started..."
Yeah...i saw the mistake too last night after i posted it(At times you type Something and the next thing Android Auto-correct keypad mistakenly add or subtract some letters to your word especially when your eyes are heavy with sleep.
So,I ignored it 'cos i didn't have the luxury of time to make any modifications to it(Laziness if you will).Hehe
↘Thanks Homie↙
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by nzeBiddle(m): 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
Do not get me wrong. I am not advocating for him. I only voiced my opinion on what I beleive should shape our views on folks that are voted into power today (much unlike what the situation was in the past) ..and in fact you veered towards that at the begining of your reply (re: his lack of competence or therebouts) and up to your point on 'number 1'. If there is any evidence on ground to suggest so then fine, that I believe should predominantly guide opinion or views on his eligibility for the post -which primarily is my point on here. This is 2014, and while I very much admit that tribalism and politics in these parts are very much inseperable, the nigerian society can only genuinely advance when we begin to focus more on competence re: voting folks into power. You cannot continue to justify what has always been obtainable just because its a 'tribal society with many fault-lines' unless we'd rather remain stagnant as a society.
shymexx:

Utter tosh!

His antecedents show he's a fraud, and someone not to be trusted. Evidently, he has absolutely nothing to offer, apart from personal gains - and to continue the pilfering nature and the systematic failure of the average Nigerian politician.

1). He has never aligned himself with the identity of those he's trying to lord over. So, you have to question if he can relate to his community, since he never publicly claimed them.

2). Why did he suddenly change his name, now that it's time to seek favours? - that right there screams fraudster and someone who isn't trustworthy.

He goofed and committed self-inflicted suicide from the get-go. You can't do that in a tribal society with so many fault-lines. The fault-lines might be oblivious to folks living in denial, but those looking from the outside can see them. He's a stupid negro!
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Collynzo17: 3:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

http://estarstv.telly4africa.com/?p=477
Your initial assertion that Igbo producers only took advantege of her fame is still a lie because her very first role was given to her by an Igbo man, even the mortal inheritance was directed by an Igbo man and directors even play a greater role in choosing the casts (which is the theme of our discussion here) than a producer.
www.aprokocity.com/omotola-says-omosexy-pet-name-home/
www..com/talk/?action=gallery;sa=view;id=37873
www.zoominfo.com/p/Reginald-Ebere/921648958
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
Collynzo17:
Your initial assertion that Igbo producers only took advantege of her fame is still a lie because her very first role was given to her by an Igbo man, even the mortal inheritance was directed by an Igbo man and directors even play a greater role in choosing the casts (which is the theme of our discussion here) than a producer.
www.aprokocity.com/omotola-says-omosexy-pet-name-home/
www..com/talk/?action=gallery;sa=view;id=37873
www.zoominfo.com/p/Reginald-Ebere/921648958

grin

Shit! You must have hated reading my link.

Who says truth isn't bitter?

Your response is tame this time around. Wassup Emeka? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by tupacshakur(m): 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
shymexx:

Is that 0merta the thugification? What's good bredrin?

I believe folks on here are just mad because the public image he chose never represented his identity. However, now that he needs them, he remembers them and decided to add a Yoruba name, to his name - ain't that biitch? You can't be a normal negro at home, be an Uncle Tom in public view - and now when you need favours from black folks that you never aligned with in public, he suddenly realised you're one of them. Who does that? Especially in a space that's contested in a tribal society - and somewhere other folks are trying to lay claims to.

He should've done that from the get-go, even if not in an overly overt way - but at least with his name, especially since he had political ambitions. He looks more like a fraud now, to be honest - and he'll need a massive PR campaign to sway most people.

Regardless, he's Yoruba but that nyggah goofed. And personally, I don't like disloyal, fraudulent, and phony folks. Be who you're and rep your identity, no matter the adversities that come with it because at the end of the day, how you're able to overcome those adversities are what would make you a man - against all odds (Makavelli the don right there lol).

I also think he fuccked up by not coming out with his Yoruba name from the onset!

Well, like some Motherfuckers postulated on this thread, I think he wanted to endear himself to the Movie producers who were mostly Igbos, but he sure didn't consider the long-term consequences...

I'm cool, bro! How your side na?

Thug Life!
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by tojahh(m): 3:52pm On Sep 12, 2014
I smell dishonesty and betrayal here. If he continues like this, I tell you, even school principal sef, him no go get am. But first make I look into the mata.

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Collynzo17: 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

grin

Shit! You must have hated reading my link.

Who says truth isn't bitter?

Your response is tame this time around. Wassup Emeka? cheesy
I didn't even read your link. In my last post, I gave you good reasons why your asserrtion remains false.
It seems you are the one who has ran out of points after running from pillar to post.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
tupacshakur:

I also think he fuccked up by not coming out with his Yoruba name from the onset!

Well, like some Motherfuckers postulated on this thread, I think he wanted to endear himself to the Movie producers who were mostly Igbos, but he sure didn't consider the long-term consequences...

I'm cool, bro! How your side na?

Thug Life!

Oro na dun, o fe ke!

Something wey you know say you go kuku ma agree to, you first do merrygo round at the end you still fall in line o.

Olodo your friend is a fraudster!

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ibedun: 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
nzeBiddle: Do not get me wrong. I am not advocating for him. I only voiced my opinion on what I beleive should shape our views on folks that are voted into power today (much unlike what the situation was in the past) ..and in fact you veered towards that at the begining of your reply (re: his lack of competence or therebouts) and up to your point on 'number 1'. If there is any evidence on ground to suggest so then fine, that I believe should predominantly guide opinion or views on his eligibility for the post -which primarily is my point on here. This is 2014, and while I very much admit that tribalism and politics in these parts are very much inseperable, the nigerian society can only genuinely advance when we begin to focus more on competence re: voting folks into power. You cannot continue to justify what has always been obtainable just because its a 'tribal society with many fault-lines' unless we'd rather remain stagnant as a society.

Abeg stop your igbotic preaching jare nobody is falling for that poo.

Who told you we are one nation? Abbeg

And charity begins at home jaro not Yorubaland.

If you want to experiment all these your liberalism go and do it at home first.

Ngbo bia........

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by superstar1(m): 3:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
Collynzo17:
Well you are a fuçking nobody and have no say in the grand scheme of things outside here.
At the end of the day, you have just one vote.
He has more stake in Lagos than you.
Period.

spend 100years in Lagos, you are a bloody foreigner and you can NEVER and I repeat NEVER hold political power on our soil.

Go back to your God forsaken and cursed soil and turn it around.

5 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 3:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
Collynzo17:
I didn't even read your link. In my last post, I gave you good reasons why your asserrtion remains false.
It seems you are the one who has ran out of points after running from pillar to post.

E dey always dey hard for Igbo man to concede defeat.

Anyway, no victor no vanquished. wink grin

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

Very far from the truth. I denounce PDP with every fibre if my being. But in saying that I will not be rail roaded into accepting a chameleon as my rep only because he's an APC candidate. Ko jo!

Actually I don't care about the party or no party I just saw that the argument seems to have taken that angle and I know those who would sell out their own people for politics sake.

Its not as if I don't see the point you're making sha but the way you came at it 'ku die k'aito'

Its all good sha.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 3:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
ibedun:

Abeg stop your igbotic preaching jare nobody is falling for that poo.

Who told you we are one nation? Abbeg

And charity begins at home jaro not Yorubaland.

If you want to experiment all these your liberalism go and do it at home first. grin

Ngbo bia........

But you bad o. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Buhari Receives His Portrait From Nigerians In Ethiopia As Gift / Militants : Don Wanney Of Omoku And His Group Lay Down Their Arms - Photos / Saraki Named A Road After Jay-Z In Illorin (Throwback Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.