Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,118 members, 7,953,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:14 PM

Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? (49873 Views)

10 Reasons Women Stick With Men That Beat Them... No 9 Will shock You! / Some Very Silly Things Girls Should Stop Doing / Things Girls Should Know About Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by jennylove7575(f): 12:47am On Sep 21, 2014
Odunharry:
chaii...dias godu o
Na u sabi grin grin
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by SeniorMahn: 12:48am On Sep 21, 2014
Onyiridike: I am a Nigerian lady with a lot of experience about life especially when it comes to relationship and marriage. Experience is NOT just passing through a situation but what you did with the situation.

Obviously, our young ladies always list ridiculous criteria that a man they will date/marry MUST possess. Among those ridiculous criteria, height is always a priority. Gone are the days when character is placed above physical appearance.

When I was an undergraduate, a certain young man approached me and told me how he loved me and wanted to date me. He is an enterprising young man, very intelligent and handsome. However, he is not very tall; just 5ft. 7 inches in height. Of course, young ladies don't take decisions independently. This is why they are easily influenced by friends and relatives. My friends then said: "Never! My man MUST be 6ft and above, so tell him capital NO". I rejected the young man.

Today, he is happily married with a lady who is by far more beautiful and talented than me. I almost shed tears on their wedding day. Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.
So far I have learnt the following:

1. Most tall men believe that their height is a 'master' key to every ladies heart and therefore, their ONLY achievement is ' I am a tall dude and ladies are dieing for me'.

2. Most tall guys are NOT caring because they have this notion that a lady should count herself lucky to date them.

3. I am yet to understand that unique or remarkable thing about tall men.

Fortunately, I repented because it occured to me that all those times, I was ONLY playing my friend's script. I wanted to feel among and brag that my boyfriend is equally tall. I gave a guy who is not very tall a chance and I started enjoying my paradise on earth. We are married now. All my life, I have not come across such a wonderful person. He has it all:

1. He is God-fearing and generous.

2. He is handsome and a great orator

3. He is educated and intelligent

4. He cooks for me when I am tired (caring)

5. He satisfies me sexually ( oh! What a heavenly feeling)

6. He got a good dress sense

7. He is social

8. Among others

I am not in any way trying to say that tall guys are bad. As a lady, I am only advising other Nigerian ladies to see a man beyond height. The height issue is over-hyped and even unnecessary. You may NOT get a second chance like me.

Finally, based on my experience, I have come up with a quote:

"A man is NOT known by his height but by his heart (bravery) and meritorous achievements".
What do you do for him?
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Odunharry(m): 12:50am On Sep 21, 2014
jennylove7575: Na u sabi grin grin
dat pix nland guys r liking dias is godu o...Seun n d supermod must knw there is a pix
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by jennylove7575(f): 12:54am On Sep 21, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: This is d problem here.
A short girl wants to marry a tall guy.They give birth to a child who is average height.He grows up and girls start telling him he is short.
Who is to blame?D child?
Abt d oda case,u r wrong.Even clinically...height doesn't determine manhood size.
OK try carry out a research u will see that I am right...u need not begin investigate short men manhood..just shake their hands, by the size of their palm u can determine the size of their manhood.. grin grin
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Charz3(m): 1:14am On Sep 21, 2014
Interesting discussion and a lot of uneducated assumptions. I know a friend about 4'11 married to a man of 6'2 and not even one of their three daughters is over 5'3 tall. Well, it is a matter of choice...each to his/her own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXRoMQH25SQ

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by fubbyy(m): 2:10am On Sep 21, 2014
When I was in school, a very close friend of mine once asked me in a depressive manner if something is wrong with him, I said no o

He said that girls are not following him like they suppose to, that he thought they say girls like tall guys but what about him, dude kept wondering if anything is wrong with his own tallness

I know some tall guys here will be wondering the same why they are not getting girls while they are tall

From my experience so far,women don't just know exactly what they want, infact among all my friends,second to the shortest get girls more than we all and am still wondering why till date

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Toks2008(m): 3:26am On Sep 21, 2014
neoapocalypse:

The trash heap has spoken ( Fragle Rock )

Must you quote the whole op's post just to write this one sentence?

Na wah
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by contactmorak: 4:13am On Sep 21, 2014
AfricanApple: for someone like me who is tall, I will be very shy walking with my short husband, so I've always included it in my prayer I want a tall dude. I just hope my prayer was answered but until we get to d permanent site, I wouldn't know
a lot of tall ladies I know don't have a problem with short guys. They say opposite attracts. My ex was way taller than I was
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by contactmorak: 4:43am On Sep 21, 2014
Onyiridike:
Could you please explain what you mean by 'too less'?

You can manage a very tall man who is dirty and snores while he sleeps

You can manage a tall man who cannot put food on your table

You can manage a tall man who beats you up at every slightest provocation

You can manage a tall man who dresses like a vulcanizer to church

Among others.

Don't tell me that the wife of Lionel Messi OR Obafemi Martins is managing him.

My sister, is even my husband that is managing me because I don't think I will ever achieve what he has achieved. Therefore, I look up to him.

May be you are still 16years. You will grow to understand life better.

oh wow! If every lady can think like u, there won't be too many mature ladies out there now desperately searching for a husband. God bless u
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by contactmorak: 4:50am On Sep 21, 2014
jennylove7575: To me height is very important...common, no woman want to give birth to an akpuruka child.. Haba..as a nurse, I can clinically tell u say short men manhood no dey long e dey short and chubby.
Babe if u meet, I swear u'll have a change of mind
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by contactmorak: 5:22am On Sep 21, 2014
blackorpheus: Oya, Make una calm down.

The argument is funny.

I am a short dude. A real short black dude.

But, that doesn't move me a bit.

I am as confident as an erect penis. A black one, actually.

The girls i've been with always tell me that they've been drawn by intelligence and vision they see.. Lol

My point is, there is nothing wrong if a girl (note: I said girl) says she wants a tall dude.
Too much television has implanted the image of having a tall brother tower over you.

Okay. For protection. He is more confident. Bla. Bla. Bla.

And, Most short guys suffer from Napoleon syndrome. It is a mental situation where a short guy want big things to compensate his disadvantage: Big cars, big houses, big women.. And they GET THEM.
A short guy's ambition shouldnt be toyed with.

Not all girls like tall guys.
Some girls want to hold faces in thier hands. They don't want to strain to kiss.
Girls want security. But, the short guy has got it.

Moreover, by the time you clock 45, you'll realize that height is just a plus. Ask any older lady, they'll tell you that their choice of man is based first on character, looks even comes last.

I remember at an event. It was all merry and gay. Until, Aki walked in. Every lady kept thier attention on him, wanting to be with him.

Is Messi tall? Tom Cruise? Kevin Hart? I laff you. These guys get any woman they want!

I remember when I used to bleep
some 2go girls. Oboy, they never knew my height until we met.
Too late. They've fallen for the charisma.

Hey, short guy, step up your game. Don't look at this bullsh*t. Be successful. Don't chase. Be chased.
---
You call me a short guy. Well, Do you know tall i become when i stand on my wallet? Ode.
I love u bro (no homo)! And this is the first time I have used that phrase to comment on any site! Ur response is just too intelligent n inspiring!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by qoonlay(m): 6:14am On Sep 21, 2014
i am , young, energetic, vibrant, beautiful...If you are tall Great!!, If you are not too tall..Great!! .Take what you have and make the most of it. God made you who you are for a purpose, coz nothing about u is by accident. You are GOD'S MASTERPIECE. One things for sure i am a Masterpiece and will always carry myself like a king no matter how tall, short, Ugly, cute i am..

Happy Sunday Peeps.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by contactmorak: 6:18am On Sep 21, 2014
Sagamite:

I pity your husband.

He is a living compromise you made to satisfy your selfish need and fear of missing out.

In my opinion, you do not love him, you love the way he loves you.

God forbid that is my portion in life.

I would send a girl like you back to the people you really want.

All you young boys, note: there is no benefit in marrying any women

- Who was not attracted to you initially or at the first few interactions

- Who would die for a different kind of guy from you if they gave her the chance

- Who is only after you because others will not satisfy her needs

- Who would only consider you when the aesthetics is in decline

Fck that!

The phrase "I gave him/a guy a chance" is an insult in my world. Any girlfriend/wife I hear who dares use that on me is a goner.

It subconsciously unveils a hidden psychology.
I think there is nothing wrong with a lady saying they give a guy a chance. They say that abt any guy they agree to date even if the the guy is Mr. Universe. What I feel is more of an insult is " I'm managing him".
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:23am On Sep 21, 2014
Jooor o!cheesy cheesy cheesy
Size of palm? shocked
Science must be proud of your discoverygrintongue
jennylove7575: OK try carry out a research u will see that I am right...u need not begin investigate short men manhood..just shake their hands, by the size of their palm u can determine the size of their manhood.. grin grin
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 21, 2014
Toks2008:

Must you quote the whole op's post just to write this one sentence?

Na wah

You don't get the joke do you ?
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Zekkmixes(f): 6:39am On Sep 21, 2014
Lwkmd, look at the dwarves consoling themselves, "when women are thirty five they will finally realise we are human cry"

Of course women will choose you when they get old, BECAUSE YOU ARE THE LAST RESORT! If they were still young they will only look at you when you're rich!

Let me really rub it in make e pain una grin
Here is an excerpt from a research that shows that women evolved to like taller men:
.........“their findings show that despite an "increasing equality in belief and practice between the sexes," height still unfortunately plays a role for important dating decisions. For example, background information from the study shows that more than half, or 55 percent of women in one part of the study, and almost half in the other part at 48 percent, said that they only wanted to date men who were taller than themselves, according to CBS News.
"Evolutionary psychology theory argues that 'similarity is overwhelmingly the rule in human mating,'" Michael Emerson, the Allyn and Gladys Cline Professor of Sociology, co-director of Rice's Kinder Institute for Urban Research and the study's co-author said, via Phys.org. "However, our study suggests that for physical features such as height, similarity is not the dominant rule, especially with females."
So why do most women prefer for their men to take the lead when it comes to height? The study notes that most women cited feeling more feminine and a sign of protection in a taller mate.
"As the girl, I like to feel delicate and secure at the same time," said a woman in the study who is 5 feet 3 inches tall. "Something just feels weird in thinking about looking 'down' into my man's eyes. There is also something to be said about being able to wear shoes with high heels and still being shorter. I also want to be able to hug him with my arms reaching up and around his neck."

www.scienceworldreport.com/articles/12795/20140210/women-like-taller-men-men-dont-really-care-study.htm
grin grin grin

Once again big ups to my tall burly guys cool
Na una get modellingkiss
Don't mind all these short guys who girls only choose as last resort or the because the girls have gworgwor evolution.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:47am On Sep 21, 2014
grin
fubbyy: When I was in school, a very close friend of mine once asked me in a depressive manner if something is wrong with him, I said no o

He said that girls are not following him like they suppose to, that he thought they say girls like tall guys but what about him, dude kept wondering if anything is wrong with his own tallness

I know some tall guys here will be wondering the same why they are not getting girls while they are tall

From my experience so far,women don't just know exactly what they want, infact among all my friends,second to the shortest get girls more than we all and am still wondering why till date
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Teespice(f): 6:58am On Sep 21, 2014
this thread is a classic case of going for the available since the desired was not available.

smh. may I never in my life settle for less.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Teespice(f): 7:01am On Sep 21, 2014
3cycle:

It's obvious you married him because of his money and nothing more, you sound too angry to have a reasonable conversation with anyone.
Keep your nwakpuda and let us keep our giants

loooool at nwakpuda.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:07am On Sep 21, 2014
Numba 4 is false
HARDDON:

U simply settled for less period! U couldn't get d best u really wanted, they came outa ya class, u tried a couple, saw it wasn't working out for u and age is no more on ur side and decided to bunk with d next available short belligerent "thingy" . it doesn't make It right. Bellow as much as u would....
Make as much case and point as u could, it wouldn't stop u feeling sad u couldn't get any.

Ain't the saying just structured for u?: when d desirables r not available, d available becomes.....fill in d blank spaces.

And if u must know what ladies benefit, here r just some or em:

1) sense of security.with height n broad shlders, ain't none messing with ma woman. I just need to show up, n dey go begging unlike when some dwarf pops up! But u wouldn't understand

2) romantic moments : tall guys can easily pick up n swing their women about, u wano pull such stunts with d brief guys?
Also, u wouldn't know how it feels like to run n collapse into a guy's embrace as he folds u up into him.

3) during wedding, women grow artificial heights that short men would need to either stand on a stool to be able to kiss d bride, or she picks him so he can......ouch!

4) to avoid giving birth to another Aki la pawpaw

The list is endless . please stop consoling urself with pseudo truth . manage what u got n learn to live with what u can't

Btw , b4 u get it twisted , Obama is 6"
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Zekkmixes(f): 7:11am On Sep 21, 2014
Teespice: this thread is a classic case of going for the available since the desired was not available.
smh. may I never in my life settle for less.
Amen smiley. May I never have cause to choose any aki na ukwa as last resort amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:23am On Sep 21, 2014
Dat is pure lobbishundecided @bolded.

I'm sure u have friends who are taller dan their parents.
Hw did dat happen?Are dey basta.r.ds? undecided
butanep: I don't agree with you @ op. Everybody have a special quality or qualities they need from who they choose to be their partner. That is what I called TAST. I can't settle for less.
I know what I want and I simply work to get it. I dislike short girls with passion, no matter how beautiful or hot she is, I can't just see myself dating or even moving with a very short girl because am not short, so I need somebody that will @ least reach my shoulder. My girl is up to a reasonable height, so I can't see my self ending up with a very short girl no matter what, even if she is the daughter of dangote.
My dear physical character is sometimes needed, if you want to spend your entire life with the person. How will a short man marry a short woman? What generation do you want them to produce? Generation of yam tubers or what?
I look and consider before in venture into any serious relationship... since you marry a short man and you re pretty short, I am afraid ooo...
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Tallesty1(m): 7:31am On Sep 21, 2014
kenex4ever:

Guy I hope no b u dey ur profile so? If not then put ur real pix, why? because most girls here like u mature comments but dey don't know if u r lekpaciously tall
You dey see vision?

I'm lekpaciously Tall
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by AfricanApple(f): 8:02am On Sep 21, 2014
contactmorak: a lot of short ladies I know don't have a problem with short guys. They say opposite attracts. My ex was way taller than I was
they naturally shouldnt have problem dating short guys especially if d guy is taller than they are
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by butanep(m): 8:43am On Sep 21, 2014
That is the kind of tall lady I cherish... No to short ladies. I don't want to give birth to " dwarf. If we see better thing make we talk...

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by tpbehappy(m): 8:48am On Sep 21, 2014
Crocz: The fact of life is "There is difference between what I want and what I get"...if all ladies get their wish, imagine the number of short guys that will be lady-less grin. ...how many people wanted to study medicine, how many ended up studying medicine?...everybody with own priorities, it's just the order of things...I know what I rate 1st in a woman, doesn't mean I won't find someone with it and good character too...because someone, didn't find doesn't mean others can't...it's your biz if you settle for less

But if tall guys don't like you or you're not attracted to them, toh you settle for short na
are you saying you re tall. I dont understand why people cant appreciate little advice tht can save a generation. Pls appreciate the simple message and stop this bad boy attitude. It can even be tht i am taller than you re. So pls lets appreciate her and pass the message to our people. With this we might help a sis. Gbabeski
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Rock212(m): 8:48am On Sep 21, 2014
[quote author=tonyx4x44][/quote] You are very funny.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by jennylove7575(f): 8:54am On Sep 21, 2014
contactmorak: Babe if u meet, I swear u'll have a change of mind
okay, just begin arrange the meeting..
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by pomide(m): 9:13am On Sep 21, 2014
I dont know why i have that sneaky feeling short guys r d only one liking this
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by contactmorak: 10:03am On Sep 21, 2014
AfricanApple: they naturally shouldnt have problem dating short guys especially if d guy is taller than they are
oh sorry! I was referring to tall ladies not having a problem dating short guys. I've corrected my comment above. For me, I've always been attracted to tall slim ladies. Those I've met r very good in bed. They even give me attention faster than the short girls. Besides I don't have a problem at at all with my babe towering above me. That's just physical, I'm taller inside!

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Crocz(m): 10:05am On Sep 21, 2014
tpbehappy: are you saying you re tall. I dont understand why people cant appreciate little advice tht can save a generation. Pls appreciate the simple message and stop this bad boy attitude. It can even be tht i am taller than you re. So pls lets appreciate her and pass the message to our people. With this we might help a sis. Gbabeski

Oga na wa for you o grin
Where did I say I'm tall in my post there?(Actually, I am...almost 7ft tall and handsome too *tongue out*)...and what bad boy attitude exactly are you talking about?....and mind you " this message can not even save a cycle let alone a generation" cos she's like trying to influence peoples opinion cos she settled for less
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by davestead(m): 10:22am On Sep 21, 2014
blackorpheus: Oya, Make una calm down.

The argument is funny.

I am a short dude. A real short black dude.

But, that doesn't move me a bit.

I am as confident as an erect penis. A black one, actually.

The girls i've been with always tell me that they've been drawn by intelligence and vision they see.. Lol

My point is, there is nothing wrong if a girl (note: I said girl) says she wants a tall dude.
Too much television has implanted the image of having a tall brother tower over you.

Okay. For protection. He is more confident. Bla. Bla. Bla.

And, Most short guys suffer from Napoleon syndrome. It is a mental situation where a short guy want big things to compensate his disadvantage: Big cars, big houses, big women.. And they GET THEM.
A short guy's ambition shouldnt be toyed with.

Not all girls like tall guys.
Some girls want to hold faces in thier hands. They don't want to strain to kiss.
Girls want security. But, the short guy has got it.

Moreover, by the time you clock 45, you'll realize that height is just a plus. Ask any older lady, they'll tell you that their choice of man is based first on character, looks even comes last.

I remember at an event. It was all merry and gay. Until, Aki walked in. Every lady kept thier attention on him, wanting to be with him.

Is Messi tall? Tom Cruise? Kevin Hart? I laff you. These guys get any woman they want!

I remember when I used to bleep
some 2go girls. Oboy, they never knew my height until we met.
Too late. They've fallen for the charisma.

Hey, short guy, step up your game. Don't look at this bullsh*t. Be successful. Don't chase. Be chased.
---
You call me a short guy. Well, Do you know tall i become when i stand on my wallet? Ode.
Brother, this is the most sensible post I've seen all day part from the OP's. Huge respect for u bro! Happy Sunday to u all....#peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Broke Lady Gets N2m From A Stranger To Celebrate Her Daughter's Birthday (Photos / Why Don't I Have A Boyfriend / My Fiancee Went Back To Her Ex, What Does It Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.