Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? (49192 Views)

10 Reasons Women Stick With Men That Beat Them... No 9 Will shock You! / Some Very Silly Things Girls Should Stop Doing / Things Girls Should Know About Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 21, 2014
jmoore: Some folks lack comprehension. Listen to the op.
Her last sentence in the first post is the main message.
God bless you.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by COOLDK(m): 11:10am On Sep 21, 2014
SeniorMahn:
What do you do for him?

Chei!!! See grammar grin grin grin
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by donem: 11:26am On Sep 21, 2014
Dem short (midgets) men gonna kill for this thread.

@ Op your thread aint off point.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
Lol. Nairalanders o!! grin

Height? 5ft or 7ft! Who cares. No midgets or dwarfs though.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Theben(m): 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sagamite:

I pity your husband.

He is a living compromise you made to satisfy your selfish need and fear of missing out.

In my opinion, you do not love him, you love the way he loves you.

God forbid that is my portion in life.

I would send a girl like you back to the people you really want.

All you young boys, note: there is no benefit in marrying any women

- Who was not attracted to you initially or at the first few interactions

- Who would die for a different kind of guy from you if they gave her the chance

- Who is only after you because others will not satisfy her needs

- Who would only consider you when the aesthetics is in decline

Fck that!

The phrase "I gave him/a guy a chance" is an insult in my world. Any girlfriend/wife I hear who dares use that on me is a goner.

It subconsciously unveils a hidden psychology.
bleeping well said

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by AfricanApple(f): 2:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
contactmorak: oh sorry! I was referring to tall ladies not having a problem dating short guys. I've corrected my comment above. For me, I've always been attracted to tall slim ladies. Those I've met r very good in bed. They even give me attention faster than the short girls. Besides I don't have a problem at at all with my babe towering above me. That's just physical, I'm taller inside!
hmmmmmmm, see yourself. so dats wat attract u to dem
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by benswagtt(m): 2:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
Onyiridike:

No!!! And none of my daughters will date/marry a man simply because he is tall. Ask yourself the following questions:

1. Is Dangote or Mike Adenuga the tallest man in Nigeria?

2. Is Obama the tallest man in the world?

3. Is Lionel Messi the tallest player in the world?

4. What exactly does a lady benefits from a man's height which an average or even a short man can not offer?

5. Do we cook human being and eat them like yam or meat so that a tall man will full the pot?

keep consoling ursef... U need it..

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by riloxy(m): 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
Onyiridike: I am a Nigerian lady with a lot of experience about life especially when it comes to relationship and marriage. Experience is NOT just passing through a situation but what you did with the situation.

Obviously, our young ladies always list ridiculous criteria that a man they will date/marry MUST possess. Among those ridiculous criteria, height is always a priority. Gone are the days when character is placed above physical appearance.

When I was an undergraduate, a certain young man approached me and told me how he loved me and wanted to date me. He is an enterprising young man, very intelligent and handsome. However, he is not very tall; just 5ft. 7 inches in height. Of course, young ladies don't take decisions independently. This is why they are easily influenced by friends and relatives. My friends then said: "Never! My man MUST be 6ft and above, so tell him capital NO". I rejected the young man.

Today, he is happily married with a lady who is by far more beautiful and talented than me. I almost shed tears on their wedding day. Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.
So far I have learnt the following:

1. Most tall men believe that their height is a 'master' key to every ladies heart and therefore, their ONLY achievement is ' I am a tall dude and ladies are dieing for me'.

2. Most tall guys are NOT caring because they have this notion that a lady should count herself lucky to date them.

3. I am yet to understand that unique or remarkable thing about tall men.

Fortunately, I repented because it occured to me that all those times, I was ONLY playing my friend's script. I wanted to feel among and brag that my boyfriend is equally tall. I gave a guy who is not very tall a chance and I started enjoying my paradise on earth. We are married now. All my life, I have not come across such a wonderful person. He has it all:

1. He is God-fearing and generous.

2. He is handsome and a great orator

3. He is educated and intelligent

4. He cooks for me when I am tired (caring)

5. He satisfies me sexually ( oh! What a heavenly feeling)

6. He got a good dress sense

7. He is social

8. Among others

I am not in any way trying to say that tall guys are bad. As a lady, I am only advising other Nigerian ladies to see a man beyond height. The height issue is over-hyped and even unnecessary. You may NOT get a second chance like me.

Finally, based on my experience, I have come up with a quote:

"A man is NOT known by his height but by his heart (bravery) and meritorous achievements".
I just fell in love with you... you are the bravest woman I ever come across with on this forum.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Isk(f): 3:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
stpat1: hmmmm. I still t trying to think deep to have a clue as to what triggered this post.
The truth is that your opinion and advice is actually stemmed from you being unsuccessful in attracting a nice tall guy. That is to say, if the tall guy(s) you dated were nice and caring as you craved for, your would have been singing a different tune by now. Its quite unfortunate.

There are lots of nice tall guys out there and there ate several nasty short dudes too.
so true
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Taaheey(m): 3:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
This post would have been triple A rated for being insightful if not for its undue and quite misplaced bias against men of 'extra-height'...

Male folks in recent times are generally interested in your 'womanliness'...please don't restrict it to tall dudes only.

Let any lady who has never been jilted by an 'average' or 'short' guy here be the first to cast the stone or 'Make all of una keep shut joor'.

And for them shut short guys liking and sharing her post....'make una sidon there joo'....

Taaheey is proudly tall and very caring, my sweetheart will confirm that....!
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
Lolzzz... well, I'm short 5'7 and loving it. congrats to all the tallees out there. ll like my children especially 'sons' to be up to 6ft though

I think the person that said the woman's height has a lot to do with children's height is right. my father is towering (close to 7ft) while my mother is around 5'2,
now the funny thing is, non of us (5 children) is up to 6ft grin

All other things being equal, i ll want my wife to be taller than I am... lolz
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by butanep(m): 4:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
Am a tall nice dude. Am 6ft '2. So if you couldn't get a tall guy like me, it's you luck. My height is part of my selling point and it correspond to my manhood. Just imagine it... Babe you miss shall...

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by butanep(m): 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
babeline: I'm a female and I'm 6 ft 2. I CAN NOT date a short guy. Imagine the height difference! Height matters abeg
why will you have same height with me? I hardly see a girl of such height...
Brovo... my dear short guy is not ur portion.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by kenex4ever(m): 8:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
butanep: that means you sleep around to know and even measure the size of a man's dick. Even as my dick long and fat reach, I don't know the size... babe I hail you ooo...

Lol, actually we were in d hostel then and we all bath in a very big bathing room so we see each others D, people say mine is big but when I see d guy own I bow. I just guessed d size sha dats y I used d word "about"

Y am I xplaining sef!
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by kenex4ever(m): 8:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
pomide: I dont know why i have that sneaky feeling short guys r d only one liking this

Am not short but I like it
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
butanep: why will you have same height with me? I hardly see a girl of such height...
Brovo... my dear short guy is not ur portion.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Realtol(m): 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
babeline:

Amen! Yes I know I'm very tall. I get told that all the time. Girls hate and guys are always surprised. Draws them to me

Picture pls, or I won't believe you. lol!
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by butanep(m): 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
Realtol:

Picture pls, or I won't believe you. lol!
yea pic please, the way I place my pic for you to see... I want to see yours to confirm...
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Realtol(m): 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
butanep: yea pic please, the way I place my pic for you to see... I want to see yours to confirm...
Guy! You got a wrong guy.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by pomide(m): 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
kenex4ever:

Am not short but I like it
toh!
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Jenniesakuzi(f): 1:15am On Sep 22, 2014
Today i find myself posting or commenting on a post...Im 5ft11 inches tall...I dated a guy 5ft7 tall in 2011 nd till now i regret...Ill tell you the Y
Short people in general have inferiority complex problems...
Now tell me...how can a girl as tall as I feel comfortable dating a guy as short as a dwarf? Well some people feel comfortable with that; i mean how will i feel standing comfortable on heels beside him?
Naa girl..i said to myself this aint gonna work out... He did several thinga to make me happy in the relationship but i wasn't... He never got angry..did evrything to please me to his own Detriment...well i ended the relationship there...
To crown the long story up...im getting married and happy about it; to a guy as tall as i am. Im happy with him..not just because of his height? But because he didn't force someone to love him...or do things to please me at the expense of himself and others..
To all the single ladies out there...im not saying dating a short guy is bad; but well, if you feel comfortable in the relationship then why not? Carry on. And may God bless your union..But! Never marry out of pity...My dear marriage is a point of no return journey.
Be happy in all you do..

~~~~~Jennie Sakuzi.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Jenniesakuzi(f): 1:28am On Sep 22, 2014
Theben:
bleeping well said

You said it all
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Jenniesakuzi(f): 1:31am On Sep 22, 2014
Taaheey: This post would have been triple A rated for being insightful if not for its undue and quite misplaced bias against men of 'extra-height'...

Male folks in recent times are generally interested in your 'womanliness'...please don't restrict it to tall dudes only.

Let any lady who has never been jilted by an 'average' or 'short' guy here be the first to cast the stone or 'Make all of una keep shut joor'.

And for them shut short guys liking and sharing her post....'make una sidon there joo'....

Taaheey is proudly tall and very caring, my sweetheart will confirm that....!

Pls Nna carry on...short nd stout guys..I'll rather be single...eew!...so proud my husband to be is tall..
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Jenniesakuzi(f): 1:39am On Sep 22, 2014
contactmorak: a lot of tall ladies I know don't have a problem with short guys. They say opposite attracts. My ex was way taller than I was
My dear..a lot of ladies i know have problems with short guys..especially when they are stout with the shortness! Am a living testimony.. I cant date a guy shorter dan 5ft 9....its not even in my agenda..I've found my soul mate already...

Or are you a short guy? This one youre taking the matter to yaba left?
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Jenniesakuzi(f): 1:48am On Sep 22, 2014
HARDDON:

U simply settled for less period! U couldn't get d best u really wanted, they came outa ya class, u tried a couple, saw it wasn't working out for u and age is no more on ur side and decided to bunk with d next available short belligerent "thingy" . it doesn't make It right. Bellow as much as u would....
Make as much case and point as u could, it wouldn't stop u feeling sad u couldn't get any.

Ain't the saying just structured for u?: when d desirables r not available, d available becomes.....fill in d blank spaces.

And if u must know what ladies benefit, here r just some or em:

1) sense of security.with height n broad shlders, ain't none messing with ma woman. I just need to show up, n dey go begging unlike when some dwarf pops up! But u wouldn't understand

2) romantic moments : tall guys can easily pick up n swing their women about, u wano pull such stunts with d brief guys?
Also, u wouldn't know how it feels like to run n collapse into a guy's embrace as he folds u up into him.

3) during wedding, women grow artificial heights that short men would need to either stand on a stool to be able to kiss d bride, or she picks him so he can......ouch!

4) to avoid giving birth to another Aki la pawpaw

The list is endless . please stop consoling urself with pseudo truth . manage what u got n learn to live with what u can't.

Btw , b4 u get it twisted , Obama is 6"
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Jenniesakuzi(f): 1:55am On Sep 22, 2014
Wh0 actually sat down t0 create this thread? undecided cry I smell short dudes al around spying like they do...(No insults intended)..but how do u guys do dat thing? I mean to spy on people?
Every thing about short guys are just short..so tell me what ia a tall girl going to enjoy... Short dudes always going for over sized... I.e tall girls...abeg #parkwell

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by winiwini: 8:45am On Sep 22, 2014
This lady just dey console herself
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by ladycomfort(f): 9:20am On Sep 22, 2014
To most ladies, height brings confidence and security.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Sagamite(m): 9:25am On Sep 22, 2014
Mettal: my bro,thats the summarization of live,you better live with,a girl is attracted to you because of money,why not treat her thence,

Nope.

You will be surprised.

Every girl has a guy that she would go weak at the knees for at first or her after her first few interactions.

If she is not like that with you, NEVER marry her. Let her find the few guys she is like that with and try her luck.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Sagamite(m): 9:30am On Sep 22, 2014
shymexx:

Words on marble. Ol'girl had to settle because she couldn't get what she wanted, and I'm sure despite being "happily married" - when a tall guy that meets whatever criteria she has in her head comes along, she'll most likely open her legs, and let him fvck her right in her pu.ss.y lol. When a chic is settling because you're what she can have at that moment - you need to run. Then again, most of these chics who're either facially challenged or just average always have a tendency to dream big about guys they can't have. Hence there are tons of female groupies everywhere.

Also, she made other ridiculous statements about tall guys and it's evident that she's either clueless, dumb, or just basically confused because she couldn't marry a tall. If tall guys (guys above 6ft) who're in the minority - less than 10% of world's population - are the only bad guys out there. I honestly don't see why women complain about guys all the time because the overwhelming majority of women marry/date short guys.

Judging folks based on height/appearance is the reason why most of these women always end up with the worst type of guys. Hating on tall guys won't change the fact that you had to settle, just because you couldn't get the man of your dreams. Life isn't perfect - just move on.

You don't run.

You smack it and excuse yourself.

I am not condemning her for her taste for tall men though. Everyone has a fundamental human right to have a taste in partner. People like different things.

What I have a problem with is the compromise and feeling of "doing him a favour".

That shyt would never happen with me.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Mutuwa(m): 9:39am On Sep 22, 2014
Onyiridike: I am a Nigerian lady with a lot of experience about life especially when it comes to relationship and marriage. Experience is NOT just passing through a situation but what you did with the situation.

Obviously, our young ladies always list ridiculous criteria that a man they will date/marry MUST possess. Among those ridiculous criteria, height is always a priority. Gone are the days when character is placed above physical appearance.

When I was an undergraduate, a certain young man approached me and told me how he loved me and wanted to date me. He is an enterprising young man, very intelligent and handsome. However, he is not very tall; just 5ft. 7 inches in height. Of course, young ladies don't take decisions independently. This is why they are easily influenced by friends and relatives. My friends then said: "Never! My man MUST be 6ft and above, so tell him capital NO". I rejected the young man.

Today, he is happily married with a lady who is by far more beautiful and talented than me. I almost shed tears on their wedding day. Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.
So far I have learnt the following:

1. Most tall men believe that their height is a 'master' key to every ladies heart and therefore, their ONLY achievement is ' I am a tall dude and ladies are dieing for me'.

2. Most tall guys are NOT caring because they have this notion that a lady should count herself lucky to date them.

3. I am yet to understand that unique or remarkable thing about tall men.

Fortunately, I repented because it occured to me that all those times, I was ONLY playing my friend's script. I wanted to feel among and brag that my boyfriend is equally tall. I gave a guy who is not very tall a chance and I started enjoying my paradise on earth. We are married now. All my life, I have not come across such a wonderful person. He has it all:

1. He is God-fearing and generous.

2. He is handsome and a great orator

3. He is educated and intelligent

4. He cooks for me when I am tired (caring)

5. He satisfies me sexually ( oh! What a heavenly feeling)

6. He got a good dress sense

7. He is social

8. Among others

I am not in any way trying to say that tall guys are bad. As a lady, I am only advising other Nigerian ladies to see a man beyond height. The height issue is over-hyped and even unnecessary. You may NOT get a second chance like me.

Finally, based on my experience, I have come up with a quote:

"A man is NOT known by his height but by his heart (bravery) and meritorous achievements".
This is remarkable...thank the almighty that uv come over the brain wash the media was able to install in most girls of contemporary times as regards a man with height.Not all that glitters is gold,but behind every dark cloud there is indeed a silver lining..thank the almighty once more u found yours smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

People say Age Is Just A Number. Do you agree?(picture) / New Photos Of The Lady Who Used Frame To Get Married In Absence Of Her Groom / Bridesmaid Rocks Groom. Bride, Guest Step In (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.