Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? - Romance (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? (49151 Views)

10 Reasons Women Stick With Men That Beat Them... No 9 Will shock You! / Some Very Silly Things Girls Should Stop Doing / Things Girls Should Know About Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Sagamite(m): 9:40am On Sep 22, 2014
contactmorak: I think there is nothing wrong with a lady saying they give a guy a chance. They say that abt any guy they agree to date even if the the guy is Mr. Universe. What I feel is more of an insult is " I'm managing him".

Nope.

There is something wrong. They say that about most guys that woo them, if you have never experienced something different then you need a self-check and never sit your arsse down and accept that with a sigh or resignation.

Trust me, there are some guys for each girl which they would be jumping up and down for if he even dials her number.

"I'm managing him" is just a lower diss below "I gave him a chance".

Any girl that dares say that to/about me would get a taciturn stare before knowing who Sagamu really is in the coming weeks.

That is just a careless unveiling of her underlying psychology, if any man is smart enough to read it well.

I prefer girls that are crazy about me and I will go for only that ..........................................[coughs] if for long term basis.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by AngelaHamza(f): 10:06am On Sep 22, 2014
Onyiridike: I am a Nigerian lady with a lot of experience about life especially when it comes to relationship and marriage. Experience is NOT just passing through a situation but what you did with the situation.

Obviously, our young ladies always list ridiculous criteria that a man they will date/marry MUST possess. Among those ridiculous criteria, height is always a priority. Gone are the days when character is placed above physical appearance.

When I was an undergraduate, a certain young man approached me and told me how he loved me and wanted to date me. He is an enterprising young man, very intelligent and handsome. However, he is not very tall; just 5ft. 7 inches in height. Of course, young ladies don't take decisions independently. This is why they are easily influenced by friends and relatives. My friends then said: "Never! My man MUST be 6ft and above, so tell him capital NO". I rejected the young man.

Today, he is happily married with a lady who is by far more beautiful and talented than me. I almost shed tears on their wedding day. Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.
So far I have learnt the following:

1. Most tall men believe that their height is a 'master' key to every ladies heart and therefore, their ONLY achievement is ' I am a tall dude and ladies are dieing for me'.

2. Most tall guys are NOT caring because they have this notion that a lady should count herself lucky to date them.

3. I am yet to understand that unique or remarkable thing about tall men.

Fortunately, I repented because it occured to me that all those times, I was ONLY playing my friend's script. I wanted to feel among and brag that my boyfriend is equally tall. I gave a guy who is not very tall a chance and I started enjoying my paradise on earth. We are married now. All my life, I have not come across such a wonderful person. He has it all:

1. He is God-fearing and generous.

2. He is handsome and a great orator

3. He is educated and intelligent

4. He cooks for me when I am tired (caring)

5. He satisfies me sexually ( oh! What a heavenly feeling)

6. He got a good dress sense

7. He is social

8. Among others

I am not in any way trying to say that tall guys are bad. As a lady, I am only advising other Nigerian ladies to see a man beyond height. The height issue is over-hyped and even unnecessary. You may NOT get a second chance like me.

Finally, based on my experience, I have come up with a quote:

"A man is NOT known by his height but by his heart (bravery) and meritorous achievements".
God pls help me, evrytyn d op said jst directs 2 my kind of person, anytym smbdy cms askin 4 me out I need 2 seek frm my frnds wat dey think abt him b4 makin ma decision, lord deliver me frm dis bondage of indecision

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by sunnyt1(m): 10:11am On Sep 22, 2014
Onyiridike: I am a Nigerian lady with a lot of experience about life especially when it comes to relationship and marriage. Experience is NOT just passing through a situation but what you did with the situation.

Obviously, our young ladies always list ridiculous criteria that a man they will date/marry MUST possess. Among those ridiculous criteria, height is always a priority. Gone are the days when character is placed above physical appearance.

When I was an undergraduate, a certain young man approached me and told me how he loved me and wanted to date me. He is an enterprising young man, very intelligent and handsome. However, he is not very tall; just 5ft. 7 inches in height. Of course, young ladies don't take decisions independently. This is why they are easily influenced by friends and relatives. My friends then said: "Never! My man MUST be 6ft and above, so tell him capital NO". I rejected the young man.

Today, he is happily married with a lady who is by far more beautiful and talented than me. I almost shed tears on their wedding day. Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.
So far I have learnt the following:

1. Most tall men believe that their height is a 'master' key to every ladies heart and therefore, their ONLY achievement is ' I am a tall dude and ladies are dieing for me'.

2. Most tall guys are NOT caring because they have this notion that a lady should count herself lucky to date them.

3. I am yet to understand that unique or remarkable thing about tall men.

Fortunately, I repented because it occured to me that all those times, I was ONLY playing my friend's script. I wanted to feel among and brag that my boyfriend is equally tall. I gave a guy who is not very tall a chance and I started enjoying my paradise on earth. We are married now. All my life, I have not come across such a wonderful person. He has it all:

1. He is God-fearing and generous.

2. He is handsome and a great orator

3. He is educated and intelligent

4. He cooks for me when I am tired (caring)

5. He satisfies me sexually ( oh! What a heavenly feeling)

6. He got a good dress sense

7. He is social

8. Among others

I am not in any way trying to say that tall guys are bad. As a lady, I am only advising other Nigerian ladies to see a man beyond height. The height issue is over-hyped and even unnecessary. You may NOT get a second chance like me.

Finally, based on my experience, I have come up with a quote:

"A man is NOT known by his height but by his heart (bravery) and meritorous achievements".

Lady, you deserve a golden medal. Honestly, you have stolen my respect, I don't give it out easily.

The thing is, this realization comes with age and experience. Would you have had this same view if you had been lucky the 1st time? That's a very serious question.

I say it over and over again, most of the experiences we go through were predestined by God, to make us understand that he does whatever he wants without being queried and to accept people the way they are.

People have laughable fantasies, not just gals. But where do those fantasies come from? Are they from God, do they please God?

A lady told me yesterday that if a particular kind of guy woo her, she would go home to cry. This is the mindset of most gals, and it explains why there are so many matured single gals.

Why cant we accept people the way they are? Why must we always fall for those beauty-pageant mental picture criteria?
Do we bother to check the lives f those people who rule our lives, those people who set the criteria we bow to? Do we bother to check how happily married they are?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by iyke77(m): 11:16am On Sep 22, 2014
Confession of a tokunbo(2nd hand woman)not interested cos am tall and also hv more qualities than u listed
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 22, 2014
People are different.. I'm a girl and I'm 6'1 and Im really not attracted to short guys because I'm already tall..TALL DARK AND HANDSOME GUYS ALL DAY NO EXCEPTION.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Gynacologist(m): 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2014
valmunich: Tell em oo, it's not always about the height smiley
#TeamAverageHeight grin
dwarf i c yh
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Gynacologist(m): 12:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
chimerase2: amu very lazy ok and u re industrious undecided
correct man tell em...na sabinus nah.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Shadydamsel(f): 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
Seriously, am loving this post.
I have a similar experience
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2014
Realtol:

Picture pls, or I won't believe you. lol!

You don't have to believe me
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Realtol(m): 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
babeline:

You don't have to believe me. I owe you not. Not like my pic will dhows you exactly how tall I am down to the feet and inch
if we don't have to believe you, then need not you tell us about it.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
Realtol:
if we don't have to believe you, then need not you tell us about it.

Shut up pls. Thank you
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Realtol(m): 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
babeline:

Shut up pls. Thank you
if you are tall as you claimed, I doubt you are intellectually tall; in fact, you are intellectually dwarf. Because if you are not you would have known that no one(yourself inclusive) uses his/her mouth to talk on Nairaland, we only use our hands to air our opinions so no need for a wise person to say "shut up". lol!
Anyway, I will cease replying to your responses after this. Bye and have a wonderful day ahead of you.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by blackorpheus(m): 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
davestead:
Brother, this is the most sensible post I've seen all day part from the OP's. Huge respect for u bro! Happy Sunday to u all....#peace

Bless you, sir.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2014
nice write up...
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by blackorpheus(m): 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
contactmorak: I love u bro (no homo)! And this is the first time I have used that phrase to comment on any site! Ur response is just too intelligent n inspiring!

Thank you, sir..
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by contactmorak: 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
Jenniesakuzi:
My dear..a lot of ladies i know have problems with short guys..especially when they are stout with the shortness! Am a living testimony.. I cant date a guy shorter dan 5ft 9....its not even in my agenda..I've found my soul mate already...

Or are you a short guy? This one youre taking the matter to yaba left?
I didn't say any lady. I said tall ladies. Yes I'm a short guy. I'm 5ft 6. My girlfriend is a model. She is 6ft. Most of the girls I've dated are around that height.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Princecharmin(m): 7:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
Onyiridike:

No!!! And none of my daughters will date/marry a man simply because he is tall. Ask yourself the following questions:

1. Is Dangote or Mike Adenuga the tallest man in Nigeria?

2. Is Obama the tallest man in the world?

3. Is Lionel Messi the tallest player in the world?

4. What exactly does a lady benefits from a man's height which an average or even a short man can not offer?

5. Do we cook human being and eat them like yam or meat so that a tall man will full the pot?

ronaldo and messi who tall pass? grin .....DON'T STREREOTYPE....i knw of some really ill-mannered short 'niggas'...assuming ur hubby was as tall as ur definition of tall, and d other guy u dated dat broke ur heart was a short dude, would u v created dis thread or u would stereotype all short dudes
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
since 2 days wey i don dey read comments on dis thread.... i com dey pray say make my gf no see wetin girls dey talk for here sha grin

abeg make una encourage us small jorrrr
#teamshortandhandsome

plus

I no know say tall guys plenty like this for naija o grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Jenniesakuzi(f): 10:43am On Sep 23, 2014
[quote author=contactmorak] I didn't say any lady. I said tall ladies. Yes I'm a short guy. I'm 5ft 6. My girlfriend is a model. She is 6ft. Most of the girls I've dated are around that height.[/quote

Let me say Ok...like i agreed to that..
Lmao undecided
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by contactmorak: 10:49am On Sep 23, 2014
[quote author=Jenniesakuzi][/quote] u r bittered! So many ladies like u everywhere. Kip it up. Laff ur pussy out!
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Jenniesakuzi(f): 11:08am On Sep 23, 2014
contactmorak: u r bittered! So many ladies like u everywhere. Kip it up. Laff ur pussy out!

#Painment! My dear..im not bittered at all..im engaged! my husband to be is as tall as i am...i can't date dwarfs you should know.

It's just that short guys like over-sized.. Y? Y don't they carry thier size?

And hey! Don't go about crying..after all you have someone to call a girlfriend indeed..
Take care.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
Jenniesakuzi:

#Painment! My dear..im not bittered at all..im engaged! my husband to be is as tall as i am...i can't date dwarfs you should know.

And hey! Don't go about crying..after all you have someone to call a girlfriend indeed..
Take care.

and dat ''girlfriend'' may be more beautiful than you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Zekkmixes(f): 12:08am On Sep 24, 2014
Jenniesakuzi:
#Painment! My dear..im not bittered at all..im engaged! my husband to be is as tall as i am...i can't date dwarfs

Take care.
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by 14teenK: 1:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
Zekkmixes: Lwkmd, look at the dwarves consoling themselves, "when women are thirty five they will finally realise we are human cry"

Of course women will choose you when they get old, BECAUSE YOU ARE THE LAST RESORT! If they were still young they will only look at you when you're rich!

Let me really rub it in make e pain una grin
Here is an excerpt from a research that shows that women evolved to like taller men:
.........“their findings show that despite an "increasing equality in belief and practice between the sexes," height still unfortunately plays a role for important dating decisions. For example, background information from the study shows that more than half, or 55 percent of women in one part of the study, and almost half in the other part at 48 percent, said that they only wanted to date men who were taller than themselves, according to CBS News.
"Evolutionary psychology theory argues that 'similarity is overwhelmingly the rule in human mating,'" Michael Emerson, the Allyn and Gladys Cline Professor of Sociology, co-director of Rice's Kinder Institute for Urban Research and the study's co-author said, via Phys.org. "However, our study suggests that for physical features such as height, similarity is not the dominant rule, especially with females."
So why do most women prefer for their men to take the lead when it comes to height? The study notes that most women cited feeling more feminine and a sign of protection in a taller mate.
"As the girl, I like to feel delicate and secure at the same time," said a woman in the study who is 5 feet 3 inches tall. "Something just feels weird in thinking about looking 'down' into my man's eyes. There is also something to be said about being able to wear shoes with high heels and still being shorter. I also want to be able to hug him with my arms reaching up and around his neck."

www.scienceworldreport.com/articles/12795/20140210/women-like-taller-men-men-dont-really-care-study.htm
grin grin grin

Once again big ups to my tall burly guys cool
Na una get modellingkiss
Don't mind all these short guys who girls only choose as last resort or the because the girls have gworgwor evolution.
............u started all round Well n Ended d post Chlidishly...........U cnt Judge a Succeful Man Wit His Height Take note .........som thing we say are d Extension of who we Are.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by heatmeup(f): 2:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
chimerase2: Pls can sombori summarise it for de man of God undecided
Amu too busy to read dos fins is too long undecided
if you want to hide something from a black man put it in a book
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by RaphaellaDD(f): 10:31am On Nov 10, 2014
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Uchesis: 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2014
Onyiridike:

Could you please explain what you mean by 'too less'?

You can manage a very tall man who is dirty and snores while he sleeps

You can manage a tall man who cannot put food on your table

You can manage a tall man who beats you up at every slightest provocation

You can manage a tall man who dresses like a vulcanizer to church

Among others.

Don't tell me that the wife of Lionel Messi OR Obafemi Martins is managing him.

My sister, is even my husband that is managing me because I don't think I will ever achieve what he has achieved. Therefore, I look up to him.

May be you are still 16years. You will grow to understand life better.
OP, I depicted 2 things frm dis post:

1.) u obviously have a beef 4 tall guys.

2.) u probably married ur husband because of his achievements(financially), which is typical of naija ladies.

Wetin tall guys do u sef?

U're even discouraging other gals frm desiring tall men. Haba!

Weda u marry tall/short guy is none of our f*cking biz.

Its alright if u beef me. I'm almost 6' tall, and incase u dnt knw, i luv my gal

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Uchesis: 2:24pm On Nov 10, 2014
3cycle:

Babe stay away from this lady, she is married to a short guy and you know short people are very aggressive, may be he has transferred the aggressive nature to her maka ome piawa ghi isi...

@op. Your husband is short so don't come advising us to marry short ppl because you did.
Not all tall guys are good likewise the short ones, if you are lucky enough to marry a tall guy you won't be lamenting here.

Youmustbetallorforgetit....

Hahahahaha! Funniest post so far.

Divorce is still legal sha. She fit try again. No be our fault na. Abi mek we go cut down our height? Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Uchesis: 2:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
DrDauda:

Yes AM A SHORT MAN, with taLl pockets; bring your punnany let me slot my short fat prick into it, then you can go and give testimony on sunday; go and ask about me from born2fuck in sexuality thread .

U are short...dats all we need to knw. Thank u

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by faith2ogesco(m): 6:31pm On Aug 06, 2015
Pprovost:
Lolzzz... well, I'm short 5'7 and loving it. congrats to all the tallees out there. ll like my children especially 'sons' to be up to 6ft though

I think the person that said the woman's height has a lot to do with children's height is right. my father is towering (close to 7ft) while my mother is around 5'2,
now the funny thing is, non of us (5 children) is up to 6ft grin

All other things being equal, i ll want my wife to be taller than I am... lolz
anoda misconception. Both my parents are short. Ma grandma too. My grand dad was a bit tall. 2 outta ma 3 sis are brief while I n my bro are above 6ft. Go figure.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by meobizy(f): 9:54pm On Oct 02, 2018
Random fact: OP is at least 40 years old. I'm guessing 43/44.
No matter the amount of preaching one does it still won't change the mind of females. Leave them to learn from experience. Later in life they come to this same realisation on their own.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

"We Date This And Marry This": Guys, Do You Agree With This Pic? / I Don’t Want To Die Unmarried – Single Woman Cries Out / Oyinbo Groom Storms Nigeria With Family, Embraces Nigerian Culture, Rocks Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.