Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? (49174 Views)

10 Reasons Women Stick With Men That Beat Them... No 9 Will shock You! / Some Very Silly Things Girls Should Stop Doing / Things Girls Should Know About Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by macof(m): 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
3cycle:
Babe stay away from this lady, she is married to a short guy and you know short people are very aggressive, may be he has transferred the aggressive nature to her maka ome piawa ghi isi...

@op. Your husband is short so don't come advising us to marry short ppl because you did.
Not all tall guys are good likewise the short ones, if you are lucky enough to marry a tall guy you won't be lamenting here.

Youmustbetallorforgetit....
jennylove7575: whoa! Whoa! whoa! Hey! why body dey pepper u? No insult me because I didn't cause ur height problem.. U can blame ur dwarfness on God...

shegsky:
See dis short dude. Best post ko, worst post ni.

Why is everybody suddenly concluding that her husband and everybody supporting the OP is short?

Some tall dudes (5 ft 9) get rejected for taller ones (6 ft)...that's the essence of the thread as I perceive it.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike: I am a Nigerian lady with a lot of experience about life especially when it comes to relationship and marriage. Experience is NOT just passing through a situation but what you did with the situation.

Obviously, our young ladies always list ridiculous criteria that a man they will date/marry MUST possess. Among those ridiculous criteria, height is always a priority. Gone are the days when character is placed above physical appearance.

When I was an undergraduate, a certain young man approached me and told me how he loved me and wanted to date me. He is an enterprising young man, very intelligent and handsome. However, he is not very tall; just 5ft. 7 inches in height. Of course, young ladies don't take decisions independently. This is why they are easily influenced by friends and relatives. My friends then said: "Never! My man MUST be 6ft and above, so tell him capital NO". I rejected the young man.

Today, he is happily married with a lady who is by far more beautiful and talented than me. I almost shed tears on their wedding day. Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.
So far I have learnt the following:

1. Most tall men believe that their height is a 'master' key to every ladies heart and therefore, their ONLY achievement is ' I am a tall dude and ladies are dieing for me'.

2. Most tall guys are NOT caring because they have this notion that a lady should count herself lucky to date them.

3. I am yet to understand that unique or remarkable thing about tall men.

Fortunately, I repented because it occured to me that all those times, I was ONLY playing my friend's script. I wanted to feel among and brag that my boyfriend is equally tall. I gave a guy who is not very tall a chance and I started enjoying my paradise on earth. We are married now. All my life, I have not come across such a wonderful person. He has it all:

1. He is God-fearing and generous.

2. He is handsome and a great orator

3. He is educated and intelligent

4. He cooks for me when I am tired (caring)

5. He satisfies me sexually ( oh! What a heavenly feeling)

6. He got a good dress sense

7. He is social

8. Among others

I am not in any way trying to say that tall guys are bad. As a lady, I am only advising other Nigerian ladies to see a man beyond height. The height issue is over-hyped and even unnecessary. You may NOT get a second chance like me.

Finally, based on my experience, I have come up with a quote:

"A man is NOT known by his height but by his heart (bravery) and meritorous achievements".

God bless you op. Ladies make the issue of height as if it's everything that matters in a relationship/marriage. I wont hide the truth here. My blood sister lost so many real men purely on the account of this height of a thing and till today, she's yet to get married. You know one interesting thing about those men she rejected, all of them are happily married with kids today and she's still roaming the street in search of husband. Another interesting part is that, no matter how good or bad a man's appearance might be, he'll surely have a woman to marry. Same cant be said of every woman out there. Annoying thing is even the short ones still opt for tall guys. My dear ladies, i myself is appreciably tall but you ladies should stop over-hyping the issue of height. The world has produced so many short men but they are great in terms of attainment in life. Look beyond height!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Tallesty1(m): 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
gringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin
AfricanApple: for someone like me who is tall, I will be very shy walking with my short husband, so I've always included it in my prayer I want a tall dude. I just hope my prayer was answered but until we get to d permanent site, I wouldn't know
gringringringringringringringringringringringrin
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by daveP(m): 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
temigracie: Hian!!!....He must be tall ni ooo...

As in, he must tall reach ceiling....Me, wey be say i be short person....If i con marry short person too... Abeg wetin i wan born??...

I dont mind if he is as tall as Great Khali...I ll always climb chair to kiss him ni....I dont mind...at all...lol..
grin grin i hope u know Great Khali is very Sluggish cos of that height? Anyways wanting tall offsprings do influence as well
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Odunharry(m): 4:25pm On Sep 20, 2014
born2fuck: Dr Dauda have said it all, he is the only doctor in sexuality, he works with two injections, his dick and his needle, let him handle you, you will know that health is wealth
buhahahahahahah

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ogbeni OP why shouldnt they be obsessed about me,see me see wahala oh undecided kilon fa gbo gbo ti gbo .. abeg no pour san sand for my garri abeg
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
macof:

Even if she did. It's far better to marry a man for his money than jst for his height.

So who is better between u and the OP??
Bwahahahahahahaah you did not just type that.

Let me tell you something you don't know, if you marry a tall guy, you'll wake up every morning with a smile (just looking at the tall guy beside you is enough to start a beautiful day)(money can't buy happiness)

Marrying a tall guy will make everybody respect you. Everywhere you go people admire him and they approach with respect, they talk to you with respect and always treat you better because of the iroko beside you.

When you marry a tall guy, you introduce him with ease to friends and colleagues. You don't wait to be asked about your hubby, you introduce him without being asked(Money can't buy peace of mind)

Just imagine being in bed with a tall guy who knows how to use his "thing". Multiple orgasm for the lady because you are so sure that his thing will locate your centre of gravity..chei (money can't buy natural abunna)
Brb grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike:

My dear, I have learnt my lessons.

Why do I have a feeling u still have a crush on ur tall ex.better focus on ur husband n leave other single women matter alone

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
3cycle:

Let me tell you something you don't know, if you marry a tall guy you'll wake up every morning with a smile (just looking at the tall guy beside you is enough to start a beautiful day)(money can't buy happiness)

Marrying a tall guy will make everybody respect you. Everywhere you go people admire him and they approach with respect, they talk to you with respect and always treat you better because of the iroko beside you.

When you marry a tall guy, you introduce him with ease to friends and colleagues. You don't wait to be asked about your hubby, you introduce him without being asked(Money can't buy peace of mind)

Just imagine being in bed with a tall guy who knows how to use his "thing". Multiple orgasm for the lady because you are so sure that he thing will locate your centre of gravity..chei (money can't buy natural abunna)
Brb grin
kai .... who did this to you ? how old are you ?
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by jmoore(m): 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
Na wen Menopause reach una go sabi something.

For those saying the op married a short guy, is 5ft. 7 inches short? Folks keep displaying their lack of comprehension.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by driand(m): 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike:

No!!! And none of my daughters will date/marry a man simply because he is tall. Ask yourself the following questions:

1. Is Dangote or Mike Adenuga the tallest man in Nigeria?

2. Is Obama the tallest man in the world?

3. Is Lionel Messi the tallest player in the world?

4. What exactly does a lady benefits from a man's height which an average or even a short man can not offer?

5. Do we cook human being and eat them like yam or meat so that a tall man will full the pot?

thus one likes money.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by driand(m): 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
Polchiz: Actually, this is the best post on nairaland romance section.

Mods should move this to front page so that our sisters will know the obvious truth.

Anybody that says that by simply being tall makes a man better than short guys should try and convince me that a woman who is yellow in complexion is better than the ones who are dark in complexion.

Anyway, some deluded female folks will always wait to make their own mistakes before they learn.
this one is short .
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
hey you. That your experience with tall guy(s) was frustrating doesn't mean you should go stereotypical on tall guys. I'm a tall guy but the way you keep bashing tall guys here is uncalled for. Maybe you weren't destined to spend your life with a tall guy albeit you'd wished for that.

P.S : Since you're happily married to a man of quite an average height and from what I read about him, it can be deduced that he treats you like a queen, then what's the point in digging up your past awful relationships with tall guys. Don't you think your reminiscence will unsettle him(your husband) as a man who loves, cares and cherishes you? undecided

Last Bullet: I'm a tall guy and in a relationship. If you're to judge by the love I share with my partner, then your criticsms are baseless and are not even worth taking with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by wolexino(m): 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
stpat1: hmmmm. I still t trying to think deep to have a clue as to what triggered this post.
The truth is that your opinion and advice is actually stemmed from you being unsuccessful in attracting a nice tall guy. That is to say, if the tall guy(s) you dated were nice and caring as you craved for, your would have been singing a different tune by now. Its quite unfortunate.

There are lots of nice tall guys out there and there ate several nasty short dudes too.

gbam# u have said it all
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by pamdaniel(m): 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
womens talk and insatiability issues. gud evening pals...
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by wolexino(m): 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by driand(m): 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
solomonbrown64:

bro,knew a fellow lyk u wuld come statin wah he doesnt know......
well, for ur info, I m 6ft 1......xo ur statement is wrong....
pleas upload Ur profile pic so we can confirm that
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
driand: thus one likes money.
money answereth all things.... whoever says money can't give you happiness hasnt a taste of wealth.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by driand(m): 4:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike:

And what if you are short? What is wrong with that?

Leave him alone. If some guys don't take time, they will bring down their height to wash the car of a short man, clean his shoe and prostrate to greet him warmly.

My brother, work hard and pray that God crowns your effort with success.

Ensure that your achievement is taller than mountain Everest and I bet you that you will have nothing to worry about.
I said it u like money
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
Abegi make we leave matter.na who say naija ladies dey obsessed with height dat person na lie he/she dey talk.the thing wey naija ladies dey obsessed with na money.ehen Aki and Pawpaw short but naija babes dey die after dem.so wetin make u think say be the reason naija babes dey stalk aki and pawpaw? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
i am ooo. he has to be tall oo, one man's meat is another's tooth ache. im 5"8 short doesnt just cut it.hehehehehe.... 5"10 and above. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by valmunich(m): 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
MoyoGENERAL: hmmmm bro, how short are you?::::::4.6ft or na akin n popo league you dey?
Lol... I'm average oo
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by priest2u(m): 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ishilove:
No, you're wrong. I am 1.71, which translates to 5.5 plus, so 1.75 is just around 5.6 or there about.
you could easily use google and translate. 1.75 is 5.74ft smiley
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nmeri17: 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
midgets be like...

valmunich: Tell em oo, it's not always about the height smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by macof(m): 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike:

1.75m = 5ft 8inches. Just 4 inches away from 6ft. The guy is right.

Ur husband no short at all. Just perfect

5 ft 8 is good for any man

But I need answers..why would a woman reject 5 ft 9 for 6 ft??

Wats so special about 3 inches??

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
safarigirl: Well, I'm 5ft.2" so I don't have a choice. I must marry a dude as tall as Will Smith, good luck to those managing shorties, I no fit.
Noted cool
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
macof:

Consolation words from a short man grin
Acceptable height for a guy is 5'11 upwards anything below na wahala ooo
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
macof:

wetin be the difference b/w 5ft 9 and 6ft? the only way a lady fit spot the difference na if she dey carry ruler about to measure the guy height b4 she gree to date.abi no be so? grin
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
3cycle:

Let me tell you something you don't know, if you marry a tall guy, you'll wake up every morning with a smile (just looking at the tall guy beside you is enough to start a beautiful day)(money can't buy happiness)

Just imagine being in bed with a tall guy who knows how to use his "thing". Multiple orgasm for the lady because you are so sure that his thing will locate your centre of gravity..chei (money can't buy natural abunna)
Brb grin
so if the tall guy fine like Balotelli and he broke u go still wake up everymornig with a smile on ur face? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Pennywise(m): 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
macof:

Shorter people are harder to please. They keep too much grudge and are usually unforgiving. They dont have the best chances of fruitful and rewarding relationship. They are too sensitive and insecure on issues about height. 5ft 9 may have been adequate a generation or two back but in today's Nigeria except you are from certain parts of the Country I would rather not mention, it is certainly short for a man.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
Nmeri17: midgets be like...

cheesy see finishing...
I wonder why valmunich is aveerage undecided
Most anambrarians are on the tall side...
@ OP

Why did you single out tall men? I think money is the first thing women are obsessed with in a relationship. Just leave us alone because it is a blessing to be tall.I can smell jealousy in your post!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Bauchi Police Burst Sex Party, Arrest 20 Suspects / Top Ten Funniest Nigerian Chat-up Lines / My Horrible Reaction When My Side-chick Told Me I Have HIV (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.