Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,798 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? (49175 Views)

10 Reasons Women Stick With Men That Beat Them... No 9 Will shock You! / Some Very Silly Things Girls Should Stop Doing / Things Girls Should Know About Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Ever heard of recessive/dominant gene?

If your man has "shortness" in his genes,it can be dominant in your children.
Marrying a coconut tree kinda husband isnt gonna guarantee and child's height.
We can only guess and gamble.
thanks , I though we all had biology lessons in high school. I see reasons for waec failures these days.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
jennylove7575: To me height is very important...common, no woman want to give birth to an akpuruka child.. Haba..as a nurse, I can clinically tell u say short men manhood no dey long e dey short and chubby.

OMG. . But i hv a friend who is not tall but if you see his dick. . .babe u go want am grin very long nd fat
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Eyop: 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
papiforreal:

nawao..... sis iam not short o. It was typo. I wanted to write 5ft"11 inch. So isnt tall,average or short?
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Eyop: 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
papiforreal:

nawao..... sis iam not short o. It was typo. I wanted to write 5ft"11 inch. So isnt tall,average or short?
My brother,start eating beans and boiled egg,your situation will improve asap cheesy
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2014
Eyop:
My brother,start eating beans and boiled egg,your situation will improve asap cheesy

of?
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Mettal: 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2014
Sagamite:

I pity your husband.

He is a living compromise you made to satisfy your selfish need and fear of missing out.

In my opinion, you do not love him, you love the way he loves you.

God forbid that is my portion in life.

I would send a girl like you back to the people you really want.

All you young boys, note: there is no benefit in marrying any women

- Who was not attracted to you initially or at the first few interactions

- Who would die for a different kind of guy from you if they gave her the chance

- Who is only after you because others will not satisfy her needs

- Who would only consider you when the aesthetics is in decline

Fck that!

The phrase "I gave him/a guy a chance" is an insult in my world. Any girlfriend/wife I hear who dares use that on me is a goner.

It subconsciously unveils a hidden psychology.
my bro,thats the summarization of live,you better live with,a girl is attracted to you because of money,why not treat her thence,
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by xp17(m): 3:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
height is a first impression stuff. when you start getting to know someone, the last thing you ll recognize is the person's height, same goes to beauty.

I always laugh when some ladies think that being picky is for them alone. lol! the plain truth is, men are more picky when it comes to moving to the permanent site, except maybe some random kind of relationship with no sturdy strings attached. just like them ladies, we men also care about height, beauty, intelligence, character, complexion and some go a long way to do some background check on the lady before fully convinced.

gone at those days, I was height freak, I don't get caught engaging conversations with short ladies (anything below 5.6ft) , it was a death to me then. but right now , in as much as I'm still very picky, height and complexion are not really included no more.

It's unfortunate that most of we men have given ladies desperate impressions , hence they think we can't live without them. my simple formula hasn't changed , It's "you don't break a sweat when working with the right tool" . meaning, when you approach a lady the first time, common sense should be able to tell you if its what give in or waste a second time for. As for me , I don't go where I'm uninvited.

according to my big bro " no too look that yansh, na eye it for big, nothing , but only shyte nai dey come out from their.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
@op, lol...you are right, its not just about tall shaa even though some tall guys tend to be different (in every rule, there must be an exception)....and scientifically, any man that has a height of: 6.0 and above don't usually have high IQ/creativity trait (you can count the great men u know or hear abt n go figure their heights)grin

Reason most intelligent, entrepreneurial and wealthy men fall within the height of: 5 - 5.9- this height comes with high intellectual ability, creativity, smartness, great wisdom/humour.

6.0ft and above height usually have high athletic ability but low entrepreneurial/academic traits.

This isn't me talking, if u doubt me, make a research: the taller a man is, the lesser his IQ/creativity.

7 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by deletrue: 3:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
and these tall seeking girls are one who visits the fast food joints not less than four times a day. Ask them to buy pepper, they will buy you okro. All they dream is very tall and pipe-like men.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
LONGFELLOW02:

OMG. . But i hv a friend who is not tall but if you see his dick. . .babe u go want am grin very long nd fat

lmao... Oh boy How did you know the size of his dick. I hope it is not what am thinkng. Something de smell
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by thandii1: 3:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hemanwel: Choi!!
Almost all the 'brief' guys on this thread have liked this post.I can imagine the huge sigh of relief y'all are heaving
But my advise will always be that,if you're a short lady,dont go for an equally short guy as a husband else,...na midgets straight!

You can not take sense of humour away from the 'unbrief' guys cheesy. The brief ones and their spouses on this thread have just been lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by WILLIAMS10: 3:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hmmmmmmm...so many brief people around here!!well,if dat "consoles d little man"
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 20, 2014
DailyNews: @op, lol...you are right, its not just about tall shaa even though some tall guys tend to be different (in every rule, there must be an exception)....and scientifically, any man that has a height of: 6.0 and above don't usually have high IQ/creativity trait (you can count the great men u know or hear abt n go figure their heights)grin

Reason most intelligent, entrepreneurial and wealthy men fall within the height of: 5 - 5.9- this height comes with high intellectual ability, creativity, smartness, great wisdom/humour.

6.0ft and above height usually have high athletic ability but low entrepreneurial/academic traits.

This isn't me talking, if u doubt me, make a research: the taller a man is, the lesser his IQ/creativity.
how did you come about this too ? you get R and D centre for your house ? I got loads of tall friens doing well in their businesses . they are intelligent and dynamic individuals.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Olyboy16(m): 3:29pm On Sep 20, 2014
Logicalmindy:

You are tall ugly guy. grinundecided
Actually, my last comment was just a retort, nothing personal. U shouldnt take thrivial things close to the heart bro...y?...yea, u'r a man
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by fyneboi79(m): 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike: I am a Nigerian lady with a lot of experience about life especially when it comes to relationship and marriage. Experience is NOT just passing through a situation but what you did with the situation.

Obviously, our young ladies always list ridiculous criteria that a man they will date/marry MUST possess. Among those ridiculous criteria, height is always a priority. Gone are the days when character is placed above physical appearance.

When I was an undergraduate, a certain young man approached me and told me how he loved me and wanted to date me. He is an enterprising young man, very intelligent and handsome. However, he is not very tall; just 5ft. 7 inches in height. Of course, young ladies don't take decisions independently. This is why they are easily influenced by friends and relatives. My friends then said: "Never! My man MUST be 6ft and above, so tell him capital NO". I rejected the young man.

Today, he is happily married with a lady who is by far more beautiful and talented than me. I almost shed tears on their wedding day. Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.
So far I have learnt the following:

1. Most tall men believe that their height is a 'master' key to every ladies heart and therefore, their ONLY achievement is ' I am a tall dude and ladies are dieing for me'.

2. Most tall guys are NOT caring because they have this notion that a lady should count herself lucky to date them.

3. I am yet to understand that unique or remarkable thing about tall men.

Fortunately, I repented because it occured to me that all those times, I was ONLY playing my friend's script. I wanted to feel among and brag that my boyfriend is equally tall. I gave a guy who is not very tall a chance and I started enjoying my paradise on earth. We are married now. All my life, I have not come across such a wonderful person. He has it all:

1. He is God-fearing and generous.

2. He is handsome and a great orator

3. He is educated and intelligent

4. He cooks for me when I am tired (caring)

5. He satisfies me sexually ( oh! What a heavenly feeling)

6. He got a good dress sense

7. He is social

8. Among others

I am not in any way trying to say that tall guys are bad. As a lady, I am only advising other Nigerian ladies to see a man beyond height. The height issue is over-hyped and even unnecessary. You may NOT get a second chance like me.

Finally, based on my experience, I have come up with a quote:

"A man is NOT known by his height but by his heart (bravery) and meritorous achievements".
Your argument about tall guys lacks enough weight to buttress ur argument.At best I will call it a hasty generalisation therefore a fallacious statement stirred up by emotion to justify ur being married to a short man who can walk tru a crowd unnoticed while focusing on only ‎u without any chances of a side glance cos no lady but ‎u wants him.So I say he is forever indebted to ‎u for picking him among taller men.Don't let it get to ur head cos short men are known world over to have unhealthy pride undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by mukhcech(m): 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike: I am a Nigerian lady with a lot of experience about life especially when it comes to relationship and marriage. Experience is NOT just passing through a situation but what you did with the situation.

Obviously, our young ladies always list ridiculous criteria that a man they will date/marry MUST possess. Among those ridiculous criteria, height is always a priority. Gone are the days when character is placed above physical appearance.

When I was an undergraduate, a certain young man approached me and told me how he loved me and wanted to date me. He is an enterprising young man, very intelligent and handsome. However, he is not very tall; just 5ft. 7 inches in height. Of course, young ladies don't take decisions independently. This is why they are easily influenced by friends and relatives. My friends then said: "Never! My man MUST be 6ft and above, so tell him capital NO". I rejected the young man.

Today, he is happily married with a lady who is by far more beautiful and talented than me. I almost shed tears on their wedding day. Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.

1. Most tall men believe that their height is a 'master' key to every ladies heart and therefore, their ONLY achievement is ' I am a tall dude and ladies are dieing for me'.

2. Most tall guys are NOT caring because they have this notion that a lady should count herself lucky to date them.

Fortunately, I repented because it occured to me that all those times, I was ONLY playing my friend's script. I wanted to feel among and brag that my boyfriend is equally tall. I gave a guy who is not very tall a chance and I started enjoying my paradise on earth. We are married now. All my life, I have not come across such a wonderful person. He has it all:

7. He is social

8. Among others

I am not in any way trying to say that tall guys are bad. As a lady, I am only advising other Nigerian ladies to see a man beyond height. The height issue is over-hyped and even unnecessary. You may NOT get a second chance like me.

"A man is NOT known by his height but by his heart (bravery) and meritorous achievements".
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by iheneme(m): 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
A very interesting and insightful piece. Wish all my ladies will swallow this hook, line and sinker.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
Nah...i guess the title should be "what height do you consider as short?"

Seen some 5 2'' girls dreaming of 6ft and above guys.
I think d height tin is a lil' overrated.
It would av been good if they weren't mouthing it for every1 to hear.
Some guys are here saying they are tall and romantic...thank God for your lives.But let the truth be said,some guys ride on height to treats girls anyhow...who's fault?The girls' of course.Ask dem abt their dream guy and the first tin most say is 'tall,dark and handsome'...has become a cliche of some sort.
Even if it's d most important criteria to you,dont make it sound like "your height is your ticket"...just make sure u're tall and u've scaled the main hurdle...girls
legalwealth:

Good!We need a counter thread.
"Why Nigerian Guys Should NOT Be Obsessed With Ladies' Height"
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Malakh: 3:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
you guys saw what happened with David average height and king saul/ goliath.... that lets you know most High is not into tall people....exalted things or people will be abased
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by 1one: 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
JoanJohnson: I also had that issue with tall guys. I always anticipated a tall guy for my husband but my present man is far from tall, he is short but caring to the extreme. I came over it when my aunty gave me a scripture to read. All my follow ladies still waiting for a tall or a particular kind of physical attribute of a man should please read 1 Samuel 16:7.

For those of you who don't have bibles... grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
Malakh: you guys saw what happened with David average height and king saul/ goliath.... that lets you know most High is not into tall people....exalted things or people will be abased
David was not short . infact the bible say he was a good looking man. am sorry but the bible does not envisage shortness too .it says , and jesus increased in wisdom and in stature. same with joseph.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Malakh: 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
majekdom2: David was not short . infact the bible say he was a good looking man. am sorry but the bible does not envisage shortness too .it says , and jesus increase in wisdom and in stature. same with joseph.
he was an average height man, if you read Psalms he said he was despised because he is small...just google it
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Lordlexyy: 3:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
3cycle:
grin grin don't blame me, all the tall men I have encountered in life possess the caring and forgiving quality.
Interesting! Like how many men prescisely? Well, it speaks volume.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by macof(m): 3:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
The OP so touched me as I've been rejected twice for guys much taller than I am, which led me to the conclusion that to Nigerian young ladies height is first on their list

But then why do women have these totally unnecessary criterias and many later complain that the guy is a jerk, a womanizer etc. you didn't see all this before you got involved or you didn't care at the moment?
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by freecocoa(f): 3:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
Abeg because of my children, I'd love to marry a tall man, not being so tall myself, now our tall sisters out there should merge with the not so tall brothers, that way, everything go balance.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
Malakh: he was an average height man, if you read Psalms he said he was despised because he is small...just google it
average height is not short.... ladies prefer the average heights really. thats what they see as tall.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
grin
majekdom2: thanks , I though we all had biology lessons in high school. I see reasons for waec failures these days.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Mclick(m): 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2014

7. He is social

8. Among others

@op you are right to some extent as I beg to disagree with your point number 2. Tell them o, moreso, some are obsessed with handsome, or fashionist guy whose only ambition is to use dumb ladies who can't see beyond their pair pressured sense of judgments,,,,
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
Mclick: @op you are right to some extent as I beg to disagree with your point number 2. Tell them o, moreso, some are obsessed with handsome, or fashionist guy whose only ambition is to use dumb ladies who can't see beyond their pair pressured sense of judgments,,,,
majority of our nigerian ladies are the just wanna be type. only few sees the reality in life early enough. when they begin to wake up to this reality it is usually too late.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
See how the short guys are crawling out of their caves.. Do they nid to crawl, i mean jumping out of their caves...
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Damsman10(m): 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
valmunich: Tell em oo, it's not always about the height smiley
see short man, lol
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by dabayomi(m): 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
Because u v dated one tall guy... u think u can spit jargonzz, my friend...go sleep

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Bauchi Police Burst Sex Party, Arrest 20 Suspects / Top Ten Funniest Nigerian Chat-up Lines / My Horrible Reaction When My Side-chick Told Me I Have HIV (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.